Create Account

S35 Championship Week

TASK ONE: Decorate your teammates car for the big game! Can be written or graphic. If written, tell us how you plan on "decorating" your teammates ride before leaving for the viewing party and must be 150 words. 173 words.

Alexander Charlyb'y and I spent most of the season and playoffs sharing a line together. With the amount of time we spent on the bench it is no surprise that a great friendship blossomed. It is also not a surprise that pranks were a part of this friendship since we were rather bored since we spent about 55 minutes a game keeping the benches warm. Before heading out to get drunk and maybe watch some of the finals, I decided to give him a retirement present, a nice new paint job for his Prius. Since we liked beating dead horses so much, I put a big pink horse tail on the back. I also smashed out his windows and strapped a giant saddle to the roof of the car. I also replaced his air bag with a giant red boxing glove that would punch him in the face next time he got into an accident to remind him of our friendship. All in all, I am sure he will love his new ride.

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals. Must be at least 150 words. 166 words

Person 1: Well, here we are. Game 1 between Toronto and Portland. At the beginning of the season nobody would have picked this outcome. How do you feel about this? Are we going to see something great this year?

Person 2: I think we are. The narrative is interesting, and both teams have something to prove. Both teams finished 2nd in their respective division, overshadowed by perennial contenders. Both ended the season with the same points and the stat lines are very similar. When you think of parity in the SHL, this series is the definition.

P1: I am really excited to see how this unfolds. Will it be outstanding goaltending on the part of Wahlgren and Kirkstone. Maybe some shutdown defensive play from the likes of Taylor and Banning. Or maybe it will be the young guns who break the series open. Either way both teams are equipped to counter each other and I think it will really come down to veteran presence, and coaching.

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the S35 Playoff MVP to this point? Must be 150 words.

I have to go with a goaltender on this one, and none other than Kyle Wahlgren. This really was a tough decision as Jeff Kirkstone has also had an absolutely amazing playoff run so far. Kirkstone’s record of 8-1-1 is hard to ignore, but I am not sure if that is not a product of the team in front of him. Wahlgren’s record isn’t anything to shirk away from either, its just not as good. His individual stats on the other hand are really what stick out, and it is an individual award after all. Wahlgren’s play very could be the deciding factor in the finals, good or bad. His save percentage, .926, leads all goalies during the postseason. That alone is not enough though, he also leads the league in shots faced. This combination of stats is what separates Wahlgren from the rest. As the MVP is an individual award, Wahlgren is both facing the largest number of shots, and turning away the largest portion of them.

TASK FIVE: Media Day once again! Create three questions, one for three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them! Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own!

1. @Alex Reed You share a line with one of the best veterans in the game, and on the other side, one of the most polarizing players in the SHL in Samee Iqbal. Do you think the veteran presence will be enough to keep the calm on your line and if so, how do you see your line making an impact?

2. <a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Symmetrik</a> As the youngest member of Toronto’s PP, the team did well during the regular season, but Portland was second in the league on the PK. How do you guys expect to capitalize against this team if you are given the chance to go on the man advantage?

3. <a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a> You are somewhat of an anomaly in this league. Someone who focuses less on scoring, and more on moving the puck and the physical aspect of the game. You play on one of the few pairings that plays physical, and yet has found success. Do you think this style of game will benefit the team this series, and if so do you see a shift in the style of game the league plays?

[Image: horvat3.png]

TASK ONE: Decorate your teammate’s car for the big game! Can be written or graphic. If written, tell us how you plan on "decorating" your teammates ride before leaving for the viewing party and must be 150 words.

(The following is an excerpt from an interview conducted by Alex Reed of the Portland Admirals describing what he is going to do to his teammate Colin Banning’s vehicle prior to the team viewing party next week)  So Banner is kind of a weird dude, and he drives or is driven around in a huge Winnebago bus thing.  Maybe he likes to have a home away from home or something, or maybe he has to leave town fast sometimes when all the ladies start figuring out who he’s spending more time with.  So obviously the first thing I’m doing is painting a huge ‘FREE CANDY’ sign on the sides, for the kids – and then a huge ‘REAR ADMIRAL’ sign on the back.  For the ladies, or dudes, whatever.  Then we’re filling that sucker up with as many Navy or pirate clad people as we can find and taking them to the viewing party, so they can cozy up to Banning as their leader.  Inside we’re going to have a disco ball, streamers, balloon animals and a fog machine.  Did I mention I’m f**ked up on acid right now? (188 words)

TASK TWO: Pre-Party!  Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series.  Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink!  Must be at least 150 words total. If graphic, create a menu that contains four drinks, brief description and price!

The BREEDER by Alex Reed.  The perfect cocktail for getting some tail for your cock.  1 and half ounces of raspberry vodka, 4 ounces of sprite soda, and 3 quarters of an ounce of grenadine.  Layer the ingredients in a glass with cubed ice, and garnish with two Maraschino Cherries.  Feed to ladies or dudes until the panties (or boxers) come off.  Rinse and repeat.

The BANNISHER by Colin Banning.  A signature martini made with Bombay gin, and vermouth, shaken to pure perfection and garnished with pimento-stuffed green olives.  Always very, very dirty, with the special ingredient being the salty tears of those North Stars fans who are very very salty indeed.

The HART ATTACK by Mark Harter. Start by pouring 2 ounces of white rum into a large glass, add a blend of fruit juices that fit your fancy, and end with a pure Cosby.   Feed to Kirkstone, have some fun with him if you wish, or take his starting job.  Your choice. 

The LAINGER by Reed Laing.  One shot of bourbon, one shot of Jack, one shot of tequila, mixed together for some reason in a glass rimmed with coke (that kind).  You pound the drink, repeat several times in the next 2 hours and wake up with herpes and anal Werts.

(214 words)

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals.  Must be at least 150 words.

<div align="center">History.

The logos of the Portland Admirals and Toronto North Stars flash over the screen.

It is never easy to make.

Images of the North Stars and Admirals toppling their conference finals rivals in the Wolfpack and the Dragons.

It is never easy to forget.

Stills of beaming faces of players like Sarantez and Lundberg of the Admirals, and Barbashev and Taylor of the North Stars, as they basked in the glory of victory and a trip to the Challenge Cup Finals.

But more must be made.

The two team logos crash together in an explosion of effects.

One drought will continue.

Footage of pained Admirals and North Stars fans as they watch their teams fail in the past.

And one will END.

The image of the beautiful Challenge Cup flashes on the screen while fans cheer in the background.

Who will make history?

A final hashtag appears on the screen as we slowly fade to black.

#WHOWINSTHEIRFIRST

(158 words)</div>

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the S35 Playoff MVP to this point? Must be 150 words.

(Written prior to the start of the Challenge Cup Finals)  My choice for the S35 Playoff MVP would be Kyle Wahlgren of the Portland Admirals.  Having served for the last several seasons as an understudy, including last year’s Challenge Cup finalist team, behind Mark Harter, Wahlgren has taken the monumental leap to the top of the SHL pack in terms of playoff goaltending.  He currently sports a sparkling 0.926 save percentage and 2.47 goals against average through the first 12 games, with both marks being tops in the league playoffs by considerable margins.  He has played every single minute in the Admirals net so far this playoffs, and has clearly been the standout player and leader the team has needed, helping them rally from a 3-2 conference finals series deficit and back into the Cup finals. It is ironic that his former teammate Harter finds himself as the backup on the other Cup finalist bench with the Toronto North Stars, where you can be sure that although he wants to win the cup, he is proud of his former teammate for the strides he has made.   (186 words)

Quote:Originally posted by JaysFan26@Jul 27 2017, 11:28 PM

Cynthia Taylor - Do you think you will be able to score a goal this series? You aren't known for your scoring, but could we perhaps see some late game heroics with a goal?
Doubt it personally. Wahlgren is a great goalie and the only goals I've been able to score this season were on Aittokallio since he's a scrub

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Slowpoke@Jul 28 2017, 04:43 AM

3. <a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a> You are somewhat of an anomaly in this league. Someone who focuses less on scoring, and more on moving the puck and the physical aspect of the game. You play on one of the few pairings that plays physical, and yet has found success. Do you think this style of game will benefit the team this series, and if so do you see a shift in the style of game the league plays?
Personal choice based on how much TPE I have since it's not great for a top 2 defenseman so I basically picked defense and just stuck with it. I think it benefits my team with shots blocked and GA/TA (even though they arent in the sim). I saw a lot of enforcers and PWF so maybe the game style will change but I doubt it.

TASK ONE: Decorate your teammates car for the big game! Can be written or graphic. If written, tell us how you plan on "decorating" your teammates ride before leaving for the viewing party and must be 150 words.

Well, keeping in the tradition of team spirit and good fun, Reeder hotwired Tweedle's car, kidnapped him from the brothel he was inconveniencing at the time, threw his ass in the trunk and sped away for some casual prankery. Reeder, Weber and Banning then proceeded to spray paint the body yellow, orange and brown, to show their true Portland spirit! Then we took the roof off entirely, as well as the side windows, to give the cabin a more 'open' feel. Taste that fresh air, Tweedle! Also, we put a mast on it, kind of right in the back seat. On top of that mast is an Admirals flag! What team pride! It weighs the car down to the point of near non function! Also, the car has an anchor on it now and it's been driven into a local lake. It did not float whatsoever! We forgot to take Tweedle out! oops. Go Admirals!

TASK TWO: Pre-Party! Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series. Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink! Must be at least 150 words total. If graphic, create a menu that contains four drinks, brief description and price!

The Reed Lainger! A lowball glass with 2 shots of rare Dalmore 64 Trinitas - valued at $165,000 per bottle - with a drop shot of rancid milk. Leaves a sour taste in your mouth, costs $28,000. People pretend to like it because they think it makes them cool.

The Samee Iqbal! A glass of Courvoisier with 3 caps of pure MDMA mixed in it, served with a side of cocaine and 5 coconut rum chasers cause that's how he bawwwwwwwls yo! $339

The Alex Reed! Three shots of vodka into a glass of ice, served with an olive and an onion, with a beer chaser. It's boring and straightforward, but you know exactly what you're getting. $19

The Cynthia Taylor! 1 oz of literally every booze in the bar, put into a single jug, funneled in a single, gallon sized shot. Survivors drink free, get a contract to play defense for the North Stars. $229 otherwise

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals. Must be at least 150 words.

Welcome, one and all, to the first game of the Challenge Cup. Portland returns to contend for the Cup once more, having been denied last season by Manhattan. However, Toronto is also racing towards the first Cup in franchise history, and you'd have to believe they're going to want out and secure that important first game to get momentum! It's going to be a barn burner tonight! A lot of bad blood between these teams, notably between former Admiral Reed Laing and former Toronto prospect Colin Banning, neither of which has been quiet about their distate for their former teams, or of their former teammate. Ladies and gentlemen, it is a perfect storm for a legendary series - two teams, bloody and battered, fueled by mutual hatred and a burning desire to hold their first Championship. It is going to be a slobberknocker, and you don't want to miss it! Tune in! Cancel your plans! Stay home and watch hockey!

I mean, the obvious answer is Portland #4 defender Colin Banning. Playing nearly 20 minutes a night on the second unit, as well as the first penalty kill unit, Banning is certainly on the ice a lot. He has 3 assists, including a first star, 2 assist effort against the Dragons, but he's also tied for second in plus minus on the team, with a +4, and third in shots blocked and hits, with 15 and 30 respectively. With such consistent basically slightly above average numbers - as well as being the cornerstone of a very effective penalty kill, and being a legendary presence on the ice, in the locker room, and in the shower - it's really hard to make a case that Portland would even BE in the finals without Banning, or someone to replace him. Therefore, mathematically speaking, Banning is technically the correct answer for Playoff MVP. Which is, of course, the best kind of correct. Banning for MVP. Hero of the people.

TASK ONE: Decorate your teammates car for the big game! Can be written or graphic. If written, tell us how you plan on "decorating" your teammates ride before leaving for the viewing party and must be 150 words.

[Image: Bqr12gd.png]

Task Eight
[Image: PhIbkYC.jpg]

Task Four
My choice for playoff MVP is Kyle Wahlgren. Why? How would the Portland Admirals be in the finals without an elite starter like him? Wahlgren has held an incredible save percentage in the playoffs of 0.926 Percent, and a 2.47 GAA. He's faced 418 Shots in the playoffs (thats 34 shots per game!Wink, and him holding those stats are incredible

TASK FIVE: Media Day once again! Create three questions, one for three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them! Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own!

<a href='index.php?showuser=1961' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>MyLittleHexx</a>
Quote:Samee Iqbal, there have been recent rumors that this series could be your finals for the time being. Are the rumors affecting your play, or are you focused on winning the Challenge Cup?
<a href='index.php?showuser=2582' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-30'>goilers</a>
Quote:Since hearing the unfortunate news that you have been traded, has this affected your game in anyway?
<a href='index.php?showuser=2572' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>DrunkenTeddy</a>
Quote:"There have been a lot of rumors about you moving teams after the finals are over. Are you able to concentrate on the hockey or do you think this might distract you from the series?"
<a href='index.php?showuser=2241' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>NYRangers3061</a>
Quote:There's been a lot of rumors of you moving out of Portland this offseason. How do you put those rumors in the back of your head and just keep focus on winning this series?

Well, I've been trying to keep these rumors out of my head when I play. It hasn't been really affecting my play at all, the only thing affecting my play is the possibility of winning the Challenge Cup... the trade that seems to be happening is pretty unfortunate I guess, maybe I can go win another cup there.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Grapehead</a>
Quote:What does this Challenge Cup Final appearance mean to you?
It means a ton to m, after losing last seasons Challenge Cup finals, I've never felt this need to win and hold that cup. It's a once in a life time opportunity, twice if your lucky, to hoist that cup.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2459' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>No Goals All Assists</a>
Quote:Do you think you're happier on the Admirals than you were on the Chiefs? Would you say you're more productive because of the change?

Uhh, I definitely am happier, got to the four star cups finals twice on this team... that wouldn't ever happen on Minnesota. I've really forgotten the whole Minnesota era in my career, it doesn't matter to me anymore.

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals. Must be at least 150 words.

We’ve all been eagerly anticipating it, and now the Finals are here! The Toronto North Stars will face off against the Portland Admirals. Both teams were underdogs heading into the conference finals as 2nd seeds facing off against 1st seeds, yet both teams overcame the odds and advanced. Toronto has had a magnificent run to the Finals this year, only losing 2 games along the way, while Portland had a hard-fought series that went right to game 7 against the heavily favoured Calgary Dragons. The outcome is very much up in the air for this series, as both teams seem pretty evenly matched. A key head-to-head matchup to watch will be between the 2 goalies, Kirkstone and Wahlgren, who have both been absolute walls for their teams so far. Look for Toronto’s 1-2 punch on defense of Barbashev and Taylor to continue making noise into the finals. We’ll see how Portland will respond to such a balaned defensive lineup.

Heading into the finals, the clear favourite has to be Andrey Barbashev. Leading his team in scoring as a defenseman is not an easy feat, especially with the defensive responsibilities he has on top of it. He averages over 30 minutes a game, and with 24 blocked shots, ranks 3rd in the playoffs. The highest scoring player between the 2 teams going into the finals, he plays big minutes at even strength, and on special teams. The other major candidate would have to Kyle Wahlgren. With a save percentage of .926, no other goaltenders are even close to Wahlgren. His goals against average also ranks on top by a wide margin. If Wahlgren manages to keep up his stellar play in these finals, Toronto will have an extremely tough time getting wins. Other notable candidates would be Cynthia Taylor and Jeff Kirkstone on Toronto, and Pedro Sarantez and Patrick Brumm on Portland.

task 1

Game one of the challenge cup finals between Portland and Toronto is today and as usual Kylrad and fellow teammate Atmey will not be part of it let alone the playoffs. But not to worry because Kylrad and Atmey will be going to their usual viewing party which is always tons of fun. As a prank however Kylrad decided to have some fun a decorate the ride atmey will be taking to the party. Luke atmey being the very special person he is has a a very unique aesthetic to his ride as it is covered with posters and pictures of himself saying look at me. So Kylrad known for his specialty took some flans and went to work on the ride covering and throwing flans all over the ride untill it was an unrecognizable mess. Kylrad can't wait to see Atmey arrive at the party, perhaps he'll be a bit late

Task 3

Here we are again the best time of year where the best or luckiest play, the challenge cup finals. This year should be an extremely interesting year as we have a match up that we've never seen before. The Toronto North Stars vs the Portland Admirals, and one team will be going home with the first cup every for franchise history, something that will mean a lot to both teams especially the North Stars who have been laughed at for years as cursed and never being able to win. These two teams only met twice in the regular season and it was quite one sided for the North Stars as they won both times scoring 7 goals and allowing only 3. But that was a long time ago and both teams have devloped a lot since then and Portland has the experience they need after last year so it should be anyones series.

Task 4

My choice for the s35 playoff mvp up to this point is none other than Kristian Eriksson. Eriksson is now a long time vet whos been on Toronto for ages. He has constantly been a top player and now finally after years of disappointment he is has led Toronto to the challenge cup finals as he looks to break the curse and get Toronto its first cup. So far this playoffs Eriksson has been great on the ice being in the top 5 in points of the playoffs while playing 3 less games then those ahead of him other than his fellow teammate, he's also tied for 4th most goals with 6 and a total of 12 points. Erikssons contributions however are not just on ice. With the amount of experience he has Eriksson surely has been key on leading his team with his plethora of experience as he guides the younger players deep into the playoffs.

Task 5

<a href='index.php?showuser=32' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>GroupMeIsKindOfOkay</a> How will it feel the be the god who broke the curse and got Toronto a cup

<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a> Through all the struggles TOR has gone through you've been the main consistent piece how much would a cup mean to you on Toronto

<a href='index.php?showuser=1269' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Tanner</a> why are you a sim god?

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Deets was not about to let Mia Landvik get away with sticking waffle stickers galore on his car during round two of the playoffs when New England was still in it. Since Mia refuses to go to a viewing party, and Deets knew she’d be out of the country by the time the final games rolled around, he had to act fast. While she was at the TD Garden’s gym working out, after New England was out of playoffs, Deets enlisted the help of prospect Cameron Dubois to help him quickly stick on exactly one more waffle sticker on Mia’s Lexus RX Hybrid than what she put on his car. Hoping she would get distracted by all those stickers, he then tacked on a small “I <3 Toronto” stickers on her left and right-side mirrors, knowing it would make her pull off on the side of the road and rip them off aggressively once she noticed them.

TASK TWO: Pre-Party! Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series. Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink! Must be at least 150 words total.

The Wahl Green - $10 - Enjoy a 16 oz. peach mojito with green sugar literally coated everywhere on the outside of the glass (to act as a "gren wahl", u get it?). It’ll make you feel all sweet inside when your fave goalie is making the important saves.

Sam Double E - $8 - It’s a beer brewed specifically to create the same emotions one has for Samee Iqbal. The habanero pepper in the mix creates a questionable taste - you’re not sure if you’re going to like this beer - but then the strawberry and vanilla make it sweet and pleasant and you’re like, “Oh nice. I do like this.”

Have a Hart - $10 - Straight up just three shots of cheap vodka. Harter wants a cup bad and you want to numb yourself from the stress you’re experiencing for him.

The Sinthia - $9 - This secret concoction will get you drunk fast and knock you out early, making you wake up with a hangover that is like the feeling of getting hit by Cynthia Taylor the 177 times she hit players in the regular season.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a> - Do you prepare the couch in any special way for Pat come playoffs? Hide sharp objects? Tear open the cushions for added discomfort?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2279' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>tweedledunn</a> - Otto’s won a Four Star Cup and Gold with Germany. What does he view as his good luck charm for these playoffs?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a> - I miss our fantasy league morning breakfast talk. What’s Wahlgren have for breakfast during playoffs?

TASK SIX: Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a list of 3 special guest appearances for your fans and a list of 4 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)
[Image: iOFzpqX.png]

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Quote:Originally posted by bilbo@Jul 28 2017, 08:00 PM

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a> - Do you prepare the couch in any special way for Pat come playoffs? Hide sharp objects? Tear open the cushions for added discomfort?

Nope, that's his couch.

For myself? Yes

No, his couch.

[Image: GC2DQMq.jpg]

TASK ONE: Decorate your teammates car for the big game! Can be written or graphic. If written, tell us how you plan to “decorate” your teammates ride before leaving for the viewing party and must be 150 words.

Oh, fuck yes so obviously I am decorating Brynjar Tusk’s car because I feel like he would get super salty about it, but like a few minutes later just laugh it off. So, what I would do is take a huge photo of Kyle Wahlgren and put it on his hood and his trunk, next I would take the hashtag PORTLANDISGOAT and put it on hit windshield and then just post Admirals logos all the way around. I would then add a classic yellow paint job over top of all the monstrosities that I would have created just to give it that disgusting feel. Inside the car I would buy him a nice admiral steering wheel cover, as well, through on a new shift with Kyle Wahlgren bobble head. I could also use Pedro Sarantez’s mustache clippings to add into the glove box so he always has something warm in there.

TASK TWO: Pre-Party! Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series. Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink! Must be at least 150 words total. If graphic, create a menu that contains four drinks, brief description, and price!
All right so our first drink special handed out during the festivities of Championship week is the LAINGER DELIGHT, named after Reed Laing of the Toronto North Stars. The LAINGER DELIGHT is a concoction of various items found in households around the world. We have some classic vodka, mixed with spiced rum. A pinch of tequila and some apple juice to go with it. On the top of the brim we have a salted rim to give you the rim job taste you have always wanted. Second, we have the Reeeeeed. The Reeeed, named after Laing again is another drink but it is less of a mess. Instead it is classic orange juice mixed with Henny giving you that REEEEEEEEED emotion when you taste it. Our next two drinks are featured after Kyle Wahlgren. The “Gren” is a green drink comprised of kale, spinach and broccoli extracts mixed with apple juice and lemon vodka. A sure treat for any fan. The second drink is the KYUHL which is a mix of grenadine, Kahlua, baileys, and scotch. A mess of a drink, makes for the best fans at the games.

GAME ONE OF THE SIMULATION HOCKEY LEAGUE FINALS. WELL FOLKS, THE 14 TEAMS HAVE COMPETED ALL SEASON AND WE ARE DOWN TO OUR FINAL TWO TEAMS, THE PORTLAND ADMIRALS WHO LOST IN THE CUP FINALS LAST SEASON VERSUS THE NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK, AND THE TORONTO NORTH STARS, WHO HAVE BEEN IN THE LEAGUE SINCE THE INAGUARATION AND HAVE YET TO WIN A CHALLENGE CUP IN 35 SEASONS, WHICH IS AN INCREDIBLE CURSE, BUT THIS FINAL WE WILL SEE ONE CURSE BROKEN. PLAYER JACKSON CARTIER OF THE PORTLAND ADMIRALS HAS NEVER WON A CHALLENGE CUP IN HIS AGENTS CAREER, A FULL 20+ SEASONS WITH A CUP VICTORY, SO EITHER THE TORONTO CURSE WILL BE BROKEN, OR THE CARTIER CURSE WILL FINALLY END AND ONE OF THESE TWO ENTITIES WILL WALK AWAY WITH A CUP RING, AND THAT BEAUTIFUL STANLEY CUP UNDER THEY MEMBER PROFILE. SO, WATCH OUT THIS WILL BE A HUGE SERIES TO WATCH AND A FUN ONE AT LEAST.

Kyle Wahlgren without trouble is the playoff MVP. Entering the cup finals, Wahlgren has an 8-4-0 record with a BEAUTIFUL .926% and 2.47 GAA. He has held down the fort for the Admirals when they really needed it, and his stats truly show. He can show up in big games and really keep his team in it, when they have no business being in a game. Wahlgren is also a huge voice in the locker room and continuously motivates his team behind closed doors, and his voice is profoundly heard on the ice yelling at his teammates to perform better and push themselves to the limit. If a skater was to be named the playoff MVP, it would be Andrey Barbashev from the Toronto North Stars, Barbashev is the leading scorer on the team with 12 points, and is an offensive force every single night he plays. Many excellent playoff MVP options, but only a few will stand out come series end.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

I think one of the easiest cars to decorate during the playoffs is not only the starting goalie’s car but also the gm’s car in Wally. I would paint those rainbow colored beach balls all over wally’s car so that he can invision that puck as big as possible so he can stop everything coming his way. The other obvious thing to paint on the car would be anti Toronto north star stuff like painting their logo on the car with a big “x” over them and maybe some Toronto stinks type of stuff on it too. Finally, I would get the black and yellow colors of the Portland admirals and fill in the rest of the empty space on the car with admirals stuff. Also get some goalie masks going on the car along with a pic of wally’s pads, blocker and catching glove. This way, his car will not only make him feel good about being a goalie and the gm of the team, but also get his anti-toronto blood boiling for the finals.

Melrose: we are here with Marc-Andre Malkin, defenseman for the Portland admirals, to discuss game 1. Both teams are coming off big upsets, how do you continue that play in game 1.
Malkin: each round and each game gets tougher and tougher so we know we need to come out firing on all cylinders since they have had a few days off and take advantage of the momentum we carried through game 7 and make sure they don’t get an early goal.
Melrose: what does the Portland defense need to do to stop the offense of Toronto?
Malkin: we have to limit their chances in front of our net and keep their shots to the outside and not let them get clear shots from the slot or anything like that. Block shots and get down and dirty while pushing the play toward their end.
Melrose: what will the defense do to push the play into the Toronto zone?
Malkin: we have to make good first passes out of our own zone and make sure not to turn it over in the neutral zone. Dump the puck deep into the corners and let our forwards chase it. We have to score the first goal and put them on their heels for the rest of the game.

My pick for playoff MVP is pedro sarantez of the Portland admirals. Through the first two rounds of the playoffs, he leads the admirals in goals with 6, tied for 4th in assists with and leads the team in points with 12 in 12 games played. He has also played well defensively with a +4 rating, only taking 9 hits and taking 41 shots which is also team high. He plays about 20 minutes a game including time on the power play with two goals and two assists and has a shooting percentage around 15%. The other main reason beside pedro’s play has been the leadership throughout the playoffs especially when Portland was down 3 games to 2 against Calgary. He kept the locker room calm and made sure everyone believed we could come back and win and just to play our game and not to be nervous out there. He definitely knows when to keep it light and fun but also getting us ready to play.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a> – how does it feel to have all your hard work as a GM come together with back to back finals appearances for the admirals and how do you make it a 3 peat of sorts?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1407' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>PeanutButter</a> – what does a finals run and potential championship mean to you in your finals season as banananov?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2279' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>tweedledunn</a> – as a younger player in the league, how do you not take for granted going to the finals for two straights seasons and is Portland already the dominate team in the west for seasons to come?

There’s only one person’s car I’m going to decorate before the team gets together to watch the Challenge Cup finals, and that’s Esa Anrikkanen’s car. The old timer is a well known lover of chicken parm, so what better way to decorate it by turning it into a sandwich? I took 24 jars of marinara sauce and poured it all over the outside of the car! I even put two jars into the windshield washer fluid system so that when he goes to clean this off, more sauce shoots out! Haha! After that, I took 2,290 slices of mozzarella cheese and expertly laid them all over the car. WAIT THOUGH! I chopped 100 cloves of garlic and spread them on the inside of the car as well, to give that really nice smell he loves so much! I’m a good friend like that. Finally, with the help of Kevin Zaccs’ construction rental, I rented four massive heat lamps that perfectly melted the cheese all over the car, just the way Esa likes it. Enjoy! (174 words)

TASK TWO: Pre-Party! Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series. Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink! Must be at least 150 words total. If graphic, create a menu that contains four drinks, brief description and price!

Here are the four very special drinks that shall be served during this playoff series, first the Toronto drinks:

1. The Reed Laing – This is a knockout! It’s 16 oz of your favorite liquor, mixed with nothing. Its essentially a giant shot. While you’re drinking it though, our sexy bartenders punch you in the face. If you bleed, it costs double. If you mix it with your blood and drink it like a savage, its free. $5.00 (or $10.00. Or $0.00)
2. The Mark Harter – This chilled drink is part guiness, part blue vermouth, part goldschalger, part vodka. The Science behind this drink causes it to turn from Black/Gold to Blue/White as the ice melts. If you’re a Toronto fan and you’re caught with the drink when its Black/Gold, you have to give it to a Portland fan, and vice versa. $7.47

And for the Portland fans:

1. The Kyle Wahlgren – The drink you order doesn’t matter, its just imperative that you trade it to someone else for their drink as soon as possible. If you can’t find a trade, you have to chug your own drink. (Price varies on drink)
2. The Samee Iqbal – Its water. He can’t drink. (Free)
(202)

As the Toronto North Stars and Portland Admirals meet for the S35 Challenge Cup, one of these tampering survivors will finally walk away with the franchise’s first ever championship. The North Stars have long been an SHL franchise, but they’ve never be able to experience the thrill of taking the Cup home to their fans. The Admirals were an expansion franchise that started off on the wrong foot. With tampering charges filed against them, they were given a bit of a death sentence, which lead to a lot of terrible years. However, these two teams now meet each other in quite a rare situation: the team that wins will be a first time champion. That’s awesome and unique. Two tortured fan bases, one moreso than the other, will have a shot at the gold. Will Portland show the world that Wally was right all along? Or will the North Stars break their curse and FINALLY capture the long awaited first Challenge Cup? (162 words)

As we head into the Challenge Cup Finals, my current Playoff MVP is defenseman Andrey Barbashev of the Toronto North Stars. The old timer has announced his retirement from hockey after this playoff run, and yet he’s still playing like a much younger player. He leads all defenseman in playoff scoring, and is third overall in points. So far he’s netted 5 goals, and he’s second in the league in assists with 9. He’s averaging over 30 minutes a game, thanks to some overtime hockey. He’s been everywhere the North Stars have needed him to be, and he’s been everywhere other teams don’t want him to be. Barbashev has an astonishing 24 shot blocks in only 10 games so far this post-season. He’s also chipping in on the power play, as he’s scored or assisted on 4 Power play goals this playoff. This is one hell of a way to end a great career. Hopefully he keeps it up in the finals! (162)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Obviously since we failed to meet the playoffs, I'm going to do some much more interesting decorating. <a href='index.php?showuser=881' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Muerto</a> is going to be very surprised when he finds his ride after a night out. Wyatt Wollker is known as having his ear to the ground and being a bit of a, well, there's no way to put it nicely. So of course I'm going to mess with him.

The first part is that I'm going to be covering it in Poop Emojis. You know how big it's gotten, kids I'm sure love it. Well, in this case, he's going to get party streamers of Poop Emojis all over because he's frankly Shit. I'm then going to take whatever marker I can find and write on the back windshield "It's all your fault."

There's only a few options here, one being that he'll think it's a crazy stalker and two being that he'll realize it's a joke. I'm anticipating him having a horrible humor, so of course I'll sign off on it at the end "jk, with love - Crossfit Jesus." It'll be the best prank for sure. I'm sure they'll both love it, and it'll give some great humor to me when we get back for the season and Wollker beats the hell out of CFJ.

Success has not come easy for the Toronto North Stars. No, in fact, they've been arguably the most failed franchise in the SHL. From their inception at the start of the league, the Stars have been the mockery of the SHL. It took 12 seasons for them to win a Playoff Series, and it was 4 seasons later they were met with back-to-back failures in the Finals. Since then, they've failed to return. Until now.

Now they come back with a complete unit of a team. Now they've fought and clawed past their ghosts, ultimately eliminating their greatest foe in the New England Wolfpack. Now, they're here to stay. Led by Jeff Kirkstone and Andrey Barbashev, this could be their year. This could be their moment. This could be, the end.

That is, unless the Portland Admirals have something to say about it. Making their second consecutive Challenge Cup Finals appearance, the Admirals are exhausted, battered and bruised. However, they're experienced and gritty. Now led by Kyle Wahlgren in net and his stellar play throughout the season, this could be the great turn around. From humble beginnings to an immediate Challenge Cup Finals in their first playoff appearance, suddenly they've gained grit and knowledge. If anybody could stop Toronto's rise, it would be the Admirals.

So change path, follow the North Star and make landfall. It is the 35th anniversary of the SHL, and it is history in the making.

At this stage, it's difficult to know. With the pressure finally at it's apex, anybody could crack and crumble and ultimately fail their rank. Leading into the Finals, my vote would go to somebody a little more anonymous to the fans at home.

Make no mistake about it, Cynthia Taylor is a deserving Anton Razov Trophy candidate.

Although she enters with no goals to her name, one of the few on her team, she is playing on the back end and more than making up for it in the long term. She plays literally all the time. She amounts for over half of the game time for the North Stars. Taylor is still a point-per-game player despite her offensive short-comings, and when it comes to the playoffs you need someone who can get downright gritty. Cynthia is her team's leader in hits and shot blocks. In her own zone, she is always in position, and always ready to go. She bangs bodies better than any other player in these playoffs, and can stifle a rush with force or finesse. Overall, she's been the model defender these playoffs and is the key component you need for these runs.

:interviewer: <a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a>, with over 31 minutes per game these playoffs and nearly 27 minutes per game in the regular season, are you starting to feel a little tired? Do you think this could affect your play next season as well with a long season and so many minutes for a quick turnaround?

:interviewer: <a href='index.php?showuser=1663' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Winter is Coming</a>, let's be honest. You've been committed to Buffalo, committed to Toronto. You've been at the highs and lows. With a half a point per game in these playoffs, do you feel you've begun to come out of your shell and may be about to make a breakthrough?

:interviewer: <a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a>, you've been very consistent over the years as a 40-50 point player, even hitting 60 recently. With that, this season could classify as more of a down year for you at only 36 points however you're still a highly effective player. Being that you're in your 15th season, do you feel you're slowing down at all? Considering your age, did you expect to be so successful and such a point leader in these playoffs?

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE