Create Account

S35 Championship Week

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

It's the best week of the season for all the TPE vultures out there!!!

Each of the following tasks will be worth 3 uncapped TPE. You can do a maximum of FOUR tasks for a total of TWELVE uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than four, but you won't get the credit for anything over four.

Code:
TASK ONE: Decorate your teammates car for the big game! Can be written or graphic. If written, tell us how you plan on "decorating" your teammates ride before leaving for the viewing party and must be 150 words.

TASK TWO: Pre-Party!  Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series.  Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink!  Must be at least 150 words total. If graphic, create a menu that contains four drinks, brief description and price!

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals.  Must be at least 150 words.

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the S35 Playoff MVP to this point? Must be 150 words.

TASK FIVE:  Media Day once again!  Create three questions, one for three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them! Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own!

TASK SIX: Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation!  Must include a list of 3 special guest appearances for your fans and a list of 4 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

TASK SEVEN: Create a 'Tale of the Tape' poster between two players of your choice from the finals. Must include renders, player names, team logos, and 5 player statistics.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S35 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

Deadline: August 1st, 7PM EST

Grading deadline: August 4th, 7PM EST

If you have any questions, please refer to the PT rubric or PM me directly.

[Image: Wally.png]

TASK ONE:

[Image: W50dUhD.png]

TASK TWO:

The Biggest Johnson In The Room
A 4 pint, 2 foot tall glass drizzled with caramel around the sides of the glass and then filled with Guinness. Nobody will be able to keep their eyes off it.

The Reed Laing
Twenty two shots of jagermeister, followed by a fight with the person sitting to your left, a fight with the bouncers, and being ejected from the venue.

The Banananov For Scale
A banana smoothie with two shots of rum, with a pink lady banana hidden under the surface that bobs up and hits your lips the second you start drinking it.

The Lundberger
A pint glass of thick, smooth Swedish hot chocolate, with three shots of vodka, a layer of thickened cream, and a sprinkling of chocolate flakes on top. Njut av!

The Otto Von Geronimo
A Bismarckian mix of 9 different types of German Beer, and a ground up Anaheim chilli.

TASK THREE:

Well, ladies and gentlemen- it's time. The Season 35 SHL finals are upon us, and don't for a second pretend that these are the two teams that you expected to see.

Was anyone expecting teams other than New England or Calgary to be here today? Not in the slightest. Both teams lost in absolutely massive upsets to rivals hoping to cut them down to size. Portland comes back for the second season in a row after somehow bringing home that 7th game, and Toronto absolutely crushed the Wolfpack in five games. Neither of these teams have ever won a cup before, but one of them will within the next 2 weeks.

And could you have picked two better teams for shared storylines? There's friendships, there's rivalries, there's outright hatred. Let's start with backup goaltender Mark Harter, who's back and forth between both teams over the last couple of seasons.

There has to be something bittersweet about lining up in the final to try and stop the last team to give you a shot as the starter from winning the cup, especially when that shot was last season AND you started the first 11 games for them this season. Here's an interesting idea- do you think he would rather be the backup for the winner, or the starting goaltender for the loser?

Must be a hard sell. But not so hard when it comes to Reed Laing. There's a lot of bad blood there, correct?

The Admirals absolutely hate that player, and she hates them. Reed Laing's exit from Portland was one of the messiest ends to a relationship between a team and a player I've ever seen, and both Laing and Portland have an opportunity to get back at each other over the next fortnight. I don't know if there'll ever be a chance to settle scores between the two so direct and so important again.

What's your pick on who you think the winner will be?

I don't know, but it won't be in less than six games.

TASK FIVE:

Question for <a href='index.php?showuser=32' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>GroupMeIsKindOfOkay</a> - Are you looking forward to potentially settling scores with Portland?

Question for <a href='index.php?showuser=1855' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>Rich</a> - You've already won a pair of cups with the New England Wolfpack. Are you any more or less confident about your chances with Portland against Toronto?

Question for <a href='index.php?showuser=1117' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>AlwaysGettingHaxed</a> - we know Szlerchek hasn't yet won a cup. Do you think you'll need one to make the hall of fame? If you miss out this season, will you keep going, or retire?

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

TASK TWO:
The Toronto North Stars' and Portland Admirals' playoff runs have brought an amazing amount of excitement to their respective cities. The fans are consumed with hockey at the moment and what better way to build more excitement than to consume something else; alcohol. Both teams have announced they will be adding player related cocktails to their drink menus for the duration of the Challenge Cup Final.

The first drink that the Admirals will be adding is going to be called the "Banananov." It will consist of 3 parts rum (dark or light) blended with bananas. Customers will have the choice of adding strawberries and it will also be available as a frozen drink. Frozen drink in a hockey arena? Portland getting buck! The other drink will be called the "Cartier." It will consist of vodka and mucus. Because if you order a drink named after that loser you deserve to drink mucus.

The first drink that the Stars will be adding to their menu will be called the "Szlerchek." It is a simple margarita on the rocks. If you like your margaritas without salt you'll want to stay away from this one. The rim is mandatorily salted. The other drink will be called the "Kirkstone." It is a combination of vodka, dark rum, light rum, tequila and whiskey. Is Kirkstone an alcoholic or something?

TASK THREE:
The moment hockey fans across the world have been waiting for; the Challenge Cup Final. We have one of the most intriguing Final matchups in recent memory. The SHL is guaranteed to have a first time Challenge Cup winner after the Toronto North Stars and Portland Admirals play their best of 7 series. Although both franchises are yet to have won a Cup, the wait for the North Stars has been substantially longer. The Stars are one of the original SHL franchises. Heartbreak has occurred and jokes have been made, season after season. Will the 35th time be the charm?

The Admirals on the other hand are one of the newest franchises in the SHL. When the league expanded they along with the Buffalo Stampede were added. The Admirals have had their fair share of hardship and adversity. They were accused and later charged with tampering potential free agents and were docked three 1st round draft picks. A harsh punishment for any team never mind an expansion team. After a relatively short rebuild they made the Challenge Cup Final last season, but fell to the Manhattan Rage. Will they be able to avenge last years crushing loss?

One thing is for sure, we're in for a hell of a series.

TASK FOUR:
The drought is officially over. After 35 seasons the Toronto North Stars have finally got over the hump and captured the Challenge Cup. Although is was a complete team effort to end the longest drought in league history, one player has to win the Anton Razov for playoff MVP. That player should be none other than the long time North Stars' superstar and captain Kristian Eriksson.

No player deserves a Challenge Cup championship more than Kristian Eriksson and every member of the Stars will agree with that. Eriksson is the emotional leader of the Stars. After falling down 3 games to 1 to the Admirals in the Final many thought it would be another season of the Stars coming up short. Eriksson would have none of that. It's rumored that he gave an emotional speech to the rest of his teammates before game 5 and they responded. Eriksson led the Stars in goals and points in the playoffs while also playing his patented physical style of play. An astounding 5 of his 10 playoff goals were game winners. Not only does he deserve the Anton Razov trophy, but he earned it.

TASK FIVE:
Interview How will it feel the be the god who broke the curse and got Toronto a cup?

- I signed in Toronto 2 seasons ago for this moment. To help the guys bring a cup to the best fans in sports. There's so many players associated with this franchise that have done so much good in the league. It's been a long wait and we're prepared to get the job done. If we do make it happen, I certainly wouldn't be the "God who broke the curse."

Interview Reed Laing, are you excited to face your former team in the finals? Will you enjoy beating Portland, after how they treated you a few seasons ago?

- I've made my feelings on Portland and their management well known. I don't like them and I don't think they like me. With that said I could care less about our opponent. We have one goal in mind and they're just the last team in the way of that goal.

Interview Your past play Chris Partlow was an absolute beast and one of my favourite players of all time. Do you think Reed Laing will be better?

- I grew up watching Chris Partlow with the Renegades. He's the best defenseman of all time in my opinion and possibly the best player of his generation. It's hard to compare forwards with defenseman, but I hope my name is mentioned next to his some day.

TASK TWO: Pre-Party! Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series. Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink! Must be at least 150 words total. If graphic, create a menu that contains four drinks, brief description and price!

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals. Must be at least 150 words.

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the S35 Playoff MVP to this point? Must be 150 words.

TASK SIX: Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a list of 3 special guest appearances for your fans and a list of 4 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

TASK ONE:
Cam Ouellette is one of my best friends on the team so playing a couple pranks on him during the season is pretty easy because I know he won’t get mad. He likes to joke around and talk about “Whale Tail” with our GM Kaisonious most people won’t understand what they’re talking about so I decided to do a little something to his truck so get a little kick out of him. I went to the dollar store and bought a whole bunch of whale magnets, stuffed whales, a couple whale tails and fins and completely covered his truck from the top to the bottom and put the stuffed animals inside, I added a nice little Vancouver Whalers logo on the side and hung a Whalers flag on his antenna. We were all getting ready to go to the viewing party together so when we walked out it was so funny to see the look on his face. Thank goodness Kai had the camera out and captured his reaction.
Code:
Word count-169

TASK THREE:

Game one of the season 35 SHL finals is going to be a tough one for both teams. The Portland Admirals vs the Toronto North Stars both advancing to the finals after having knocked out The New England Wolfpack and the Calgary Dragons who were both favorites to win the cup this season. The Portland Admirals are coming into these finals having lost to the Manhattan Rage last season. Most people would agree that the Toronto North Stars are the underdogs in this match up but we here believe that this is a very even match up. We are excited to watch the battle between Wahlgren and Kirkstone as they have been performing unbelievably in the post season. Both teams play a very defensive game but we think it comes down to consistency as each team has the all of the assets to win a cup. We expect a very fast paced, high hitting and very offensive series. Best of luck to both teams as we will be watching very closely.
Code:
Word Count-171

TASK FOUR:

There are a lot of players who could be up for this award this season such as Barbashev, Eriksson and Sarantez but up to this point in the finals for the Challenge Cup, the player that I feel deserves this award is none other than goalie Kyle Wahlgren from the Portland Admirals. He has been a brick wall for Portland so far in this playoff run and has posted a .925 save percentage and a 2.62 goals against average, he has faced the most shots than any other goalie in the playoffs and has managed to stand tall and keep his team in the game. The finals are about to begin and I look forward to watch him battle against Jeff Kirkstone who is also having a very great playoff run, I think it will be a pretty close series but in my opinion Kyle Wahlgren could take it all including playoff MVP this season.
Code:
Word Count-155

TASK FIVE:

Interview <a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a> – There’s talk around the league right now that you are one of the top goalies in the SHL right now, is that going to affect your game in any way?

Interview <a href='index.php?showuser=1485' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>RaiN</a> – Barbashev has been having an incredible playoff run, what would a cup mean to you in your final season?

Interview <a href='index.php?showuser=2397' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Samee</a>- Since hearing the unfortunate news that you have been traded, has this affected your game in anyway?

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

1. [Image: CW-1.jpg]
<a href='index.php?showuser=2397' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Samee</a>

4. It really is hard to say who I would designate as a clear cut Playoff MVP as no one really was jumping off of the page throughout the playoffs, even though both teams played incredibly well. Some would argue that up until the finals, it was Kyle Wahlgren's to lose. Clearly a leader in all statistical categories, he put the Portland Admirals on his back and marched them through the second round against Calgary. Unfortunately outside of game three in the finals it was spotty play throughout. While making saves where needed at most time, he couldn't do what was needed to close out a 3-1 series. If I had to choose one player specifically it would probably be Kristian Ericsson. Led the entire league in goals and points. Was simply relentless in the series comeback as the veteran ended the league long drought.

Quote:<a href='index.php?showuser=2582' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-30'>goilers</a> There’s talk around the league right now that you are one of the top goalies in the SHL right now, is that going to affect your game in any way?

It definitely didn't effect my game and I thought if it did at all gave me confidence coming out of such a deep conference in having the season I did.

Quote:<a href='index.php?showuser=2408' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>XLeafer</a> How much confidence do you have in winning the challenge cup?

Going into it we were honestly flying high.&nbsp; That game over Calgary was unreal and stealing those games myself was something that I will never forget.&nbsp; I think that confidence really showed in jumping to that 3-1 lead.&nbsp; Unfortunately the unfortunate happened.&nbsp; P.s. thank you for all the support in the playoffs Smile

Quote:<a href='index.php?showuser=2378' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>MWHazard</a> Despite the Cup loss, this season was very clearly a coming out party for Kyle Wahlgren. Do you think that we'll see more of the same going forward? It's hard to argue with the stats, but goalies are notoriously fickle beasts.

I honestly think this is just a glimpse into what will be.&nbsp; Sort of a preview of sorts.&nbsp; As Portland's defense grows stronger the overall level of my game will get even better and I look forward to that.&nbsp; There is ample, justifiable reason why fans should be excited!

[Image: Wally.png]

Hold

TASK ONE:
[Image: Esa_car.jpg]

TASK TWO:
[Image: d_RINKS_shl.jpg]

TASK SIX:
[Image: invite_vioew.jpg]

TASK EIGHT:
[Image: TPE.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

TASK ONE: Decorate your teammates car for the big game! Can be written or graphic. If written, tell us how you plan on "decorating" your teammates ride before leaving for the viewing party and must be 150 words.

[Image: VGwvpHmoQuyBPUWifnSJWA.png]
The car obviously is indeed great. For the past.

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals. Must be at least 150 words.

Another day, another time for the finals. This time it is a bit more interesting. Both of these teams knocked out the favourites to win the Challenge Cup for this year such as the New England Wolfpack and the Calgary Dragons. Its the under dogs now. First its the Portland Admirals. This is their 2nd straight finals appearance after being defeated by the Manhattan Rage last season but now they're on for the championship. They have great goaltending and great offense with good depth. They know the experience of playing the finals because they have done it before and now they have the confidence in winning the title. In the other end, the new comers of the Toronto North Stars who are young but very dangerous. They're a power house team with Kirkstone who's a tremendous goaltender and their offense is a machine led by Damien Wert. This is looking to be a very offensive series.

Code:
156 words

There has to be a winner and there has to be named the best Playoff performer. For this playoff, from my perpective, its not the player, its the goalie known as Kyle Wahlgren. He had a pretty good season with Portland but he's been a star and been shining in the playoffs. He's the reason Portland is in the finals at this moment. He has a save percentage of .921 with a goals against average of 2.47. He has survived in playing against teams like Texas and the 1st place team, the Calgary Dragons. He has faced the most shots and played a lot of minutes and has been standing on his head. If it weren't for Kyle Wahlgren, Portland wouldn't be in the finals. Sure they have their offense to score goals and help the goalie and especially the defense who is the goaltender's 2nd best friend but I believe he can do it alone too. So it is why he is my Playoff MVP.

Code:
166 words

TASK FIVE: Media Day once again! Create three questions, one for three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them! Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own!

<a href='index.php?showuser=2397' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Samee</a> Making 2 finals appearances is indeed great but is this finals even more important in your whole career?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Symmetrik</a> Since you're a FA, does winning the cup in Toronto change your whole mind in which team to join?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a> How much confidence do you have in winning the challenge cup?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 82Rt8ec.png]

---

TASK TWO: Pre-Party! Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series. Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink! Must be at least 150 words total. If graphic, create a menu that contains four drinks, brief description and price!

Moda Center Playoff Drink Menu:

The Otto-matic:

Two large glasses of ice cold Bavarian Helles lager, and two shots of Kentucky bourbon. A combo so locked in, it's Otto-matic. Buy it for you and your mate, or drink both and laugh at his booze-less state of being. Instant fun in only four glasses. For best results, begin each period with one. Price: $40

The Mad Max:

Any two pitchers of northwest IPAs (try the Boneyard RPM) are just nine dollars a piece, in honor of number 2-9 himself, Max Weber. That's right, get pitchers of quality craft brews for just nine dollars each if you buy two. Now, alcohol restrictions won't allow us to sell more than two pitchers of beer in one transaction. That's why all four of your group members need to buy a round. Fair is fair. Price: $18

The Yorkie:

A grasshopper milkshake made with premium creme de menthe and served with an oversized straw in a souvenir glass. Minty, refreshing, and boozy as hell. Seriously, this has absinthe in it. You'll forget you even bought this. Garnished with a York peppermint pattie. Price: $20

The Grape Jeff:

It's grape koolaid. In a glass that says Jeff. Designated drivers, buy this and identify yourself very noticeably by the lack of fun you're having. Price: $6 (Because we can)

Code:
222 words

---

Kristian Eriksson is my choice for playoff MVP. The North Stars captured their first title in part due to Eriksson's well-rounded game. Eriksson led the playoffs in points with 20 contributing an even 10 goals and 10 assists. Eriksson also had 37 hits. An argument against Eriksson would be his -3 rating, but he also had 7 special teams points, which makes his -3 look a bit better. Damien Wert has a decent case to make as well for MVP, but Wert's markers came more heavily in the assist column and while he was +11, he contributed very little as a checker. Wert also got his twenty points in three more average minutes of ice time per game than Eriksson. Therefore, I think Kristian should get the call over Mr. Wert. I'm sure whoever misses out of the two won't mind very much. Breaking a curse will make everything else feel like a bonus.

Code:
154 words

---

TASK FIVE: Media Day once again! Create three questions, one for three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them! Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own!

Super late questions, but:

<a href='index.php?showuser=2331' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Shadowz1797</a>, something that helped the Admirals click late in their series against the Calgary Dragons in the Western Conference Finals was Jacob Renniger moving up to the top line. Do you feel like Renniger's career is on the upswing given his solid playoff performance?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a>, Despite the Cup loss, this season was very clearly a coming out party for Kyle Wahlgren. Do you think that we'll see more of the same going forward? It's hard to argue with the stats, but goalies are notoriously fickle beasts.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1269' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Tanner</a>: How will Veli cope with an increased role given the flurry of moves we've seen in the day or two after the Cup loss? He's been generally sheltered on the bottom pairing, but likely slots in on the second pairing going forward. That's a step up in responsibility.

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||

Pietra Volkova and her roommate Mikko Linna decided to spend a night watching Game 1 of the Challenge Cup at a bar viewing party in Miami before Volkova flew out to Portland for the rest of the finals. To surprise her roommate and console him a bit on the series loss, Volkova decided to decorate his car the night before Game 1 so they could drive to the bar in style. Much to Linna's surprise and mild disdain, when he woke up the morning of the game, his car was decked out in car paint. His back windshield read "AT LEAST I SCORED ON THEIR GOALIE" in white car marker surrounded by powder blue car paint, the sides of the car sported Portland gold all over, and on his hood, Volkova had attempted very crudely to draw the Portland and Toronto logos in their respective colors. Underneath, in much smaller script, bright gold pen said "But actually, fuck Toronto," only visible when standing right in front of the car.

Code:
Word count: 169.

[Image: 331ELo5.jpg]

Kelvin: Hello, and welcome to the Moda Center, where we're in for a fiery matchup between two desperate teams in Game 1. Will McBride favorite Kyle Wahlgren have what it takes to steal his team a win? Or will a rejuvenated Toronto team, fresh off two five-game series, cruise right past a tired Admirals squad? I'm Kelvin Gardener, here as always with my partner, Aleksey Voirobev.

Aleksey: Thank you, Kelvin, and what a matchup we have today. I think we can all agree that tonight, all eyes will be watching between the pipes of these two teams, where two young goalies are poised to try and bring their team some glory.

Kelvin: That's right, Aleksey. Kyle Wahlgren's been playing like a star all year in Portland, and it'll be no surprise if he ends up being the difference-maker in this series.

Aleksey: Well, hold on there, we can't discount Kirkstone just yet. He's taken his starting spot, and rightfully so, from an SHL legend, and if ever there was a time for him to shine, it would be now.

Kelvin: Very true. Not only the goalies, but all of the young players on these two teams are going to have to step up their game if they want to make the difference. Players like Reed Laing and Chris York in Toronto are poised to have breakout playoffs series similar to their seasons.

Aleksey: On the other side of the ice, Samee Iqbal and Max Weber are examples of players who could tip the scales in favor of the Admirals in this series. It's so evenly matched that it's hard to find a surefire player who could decide the series.

Kelvin: Definitely, Aleksey. It's going to be a wild ride, and no matter who wins this series, we'll be seeing history made with the lifting of this season's Challenge Cup. Let's go down to the ice now as we stand for our national anthems, and wait for this match to get underway.

Code:
Word count: 331.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a>: Did you feel more pressure as the GM of your team in the finals, or as their goalie?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1485' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>RaiN</a>: How absolutely satisfying does the double Cup run feel in your final season with Papa Barbashev?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Symmetrik</a>: How much did the Cup win factor into your decision to resign in Toronto? Had the decision already been made before Game 7?

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Task Two:

[Image: Eg9gozD.png]

Task Three:

Announcer: Hello fans, and welcome to our coverage of Game 1 of the SHL Finals between returning contenders the Portland Admirals and their opponents the Toronto North Stars. I'm Bob Giovanni, and my partner as always is the one and only Tommy Bradshaw.

Tommy: Thanks Bob! Tonight's game is the first Finals game for Toronto in a long long time. For Portland this is deja vu, as they were here just one season ago.

Bob: That's right, Tommy, and both teams are looking to capture their very first Challenge Cup. Toronto has been around as long as the league, but have failed to win the big one. Portland only has 11 seasons under their belt, and despite missing the playoffs for the first 9, they have now appeared in the Challenge Cup Final a second season in a row.

Tommy: Both teams will be looking to take this pivotal game 1. The team who won game 1 went on to win the Challenge Cup 5 of the last 6 seasons.

Bob: The key for Toronto will be to continue to play their physical game and wear down the Admirals defense. For Portland they will rely heavily on Kyle Wahlgren to continue his exceptional play.

Tommy: Wahlgren is a hell of a goalie, but at the other end is Jeff Kirkstone who is no slouch. This also means that we get to see a showdown between two S31 goalies, and you can believe they want to outplay their opponent more than ever.

Bob: Absolutely! Kirkstone and Wahlgren have had very different paths to this moment, but now they are here together. One thing they both have in common is that they had to live in the shadow of Mark Harter.

Tommy: Harter was an exceptional goalie, and it is hard to believe he never got that ring.

Bob: Well he's got one more crack at it here, Tommy, but only as a backup.

Tommy: You never know, Bob, we may see Mark Harter in goal during this series.

Bob: I guess you never know. Well folks, we're going to take a commercial break, and when we return we'll take you down to the ice for the singing of the anthems, and the opening faceoff.

Task Four:

My early choice for playoff MVP is Andrey Barbashev. It was a tough decision, because so many players have been playing stellar for their team, but Andrey has completely controlled the game. In tough situations we have been able to rely on Barbashev to step up more often than not. He's been scoring points at a high pace, and sacrificing his body to block shots. It means a lot to have a guy like that on the back end, and especially one who has such a strong voice in the locker room. We all know this is going to be his last season, and you can tell he is hungry to go out on top. He isn't sitting back and waiting for us to bring him there either. Andrey is the first one here in the morning and the last guy to leave. He's putting in the extra work, and it is absolutely paying off on the ice. If it isn't Barbashev then it has to be Eriksson.

Task Five:

<a href='index.php?showuser=2397' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Samee</a> What does this Challenge Cup Final appearance mean to you?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a> Would a Challenge Cup Win cement you as the best S31 goalie?

<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a> Was this Challenge Cup Final appearance worth the wait?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

For the game seven viewing party, I'll naturally be fucking with the rookie, Yuriy Starkonov. Starkonov probably is the one person on the team who loves his car as much as I love mine and while, under normal circumstances, I sympathize with anyone who gets upset at their car being messed with, Yuriy will get no mercy here. First, I'll be TPing his car, making sure every single inch is covered. This is also a half assed attempt to protect the paint. Next, I will cover the car in uncooked bacon until none of the toilet paper can be seen. Once this is done, we'll put some cling wrap all over the car to keep the bacon inside and finish it off by putting a bunch of sticky notes on the car. Oh yeah, we've already all agreed that the last person to arrive will pay for all our drinks Smile

Who should be the Season 35 Playoff MVP? There are a few good candidates from the cup champions but none is more deserving than Kristian Eriksson. The veteran North Stars wing displayed his poise and experience all playoffs long, leading the SHL in both playoff points and goals with 20 and 10, respectively. But points don't even tell the whole story. Sure, he maintained his usual physical presence on the ice, never shying away from playing the body. But that, also, is not his most impressive accomplishment in these playoffs. What truly sets Eriksson apart in these playoffs is his leadership and performance in close games. As one of the most senior members of the team, Eriksson's leadership was absolutely invaluable to his teammates and elevated their play all playoffs long. And, Eriksson scored an impressive five game winning goals. He displayed an all around incredible performance all throughout the playoffs and is the most deserving player of this award.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a> You've now lost in the Challenge Cup Finals for the second season in a row. While making it this far is certainly an accomplishment, it also has to be very disappointing to come so close yet end up empty handed. Why do you think this has happened? What will you do in the future to avoid the same fate?

<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a> Fifteen seasons now with the North Stars and you've finally won the Challenge Cup, truly cementing your legacy as one of the franchise's greatest players. How would you reflect upon your time with Toronto? Were there any times that you came close to moving to another team?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2476' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>ThePandava</a> You came in as a rookie season and are a favorite to win the Jesster. Were you expecting this amount of individual and team success this season? Why do you think everything went so well for you and your team?

TASK SIX: Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a list of 3 special guest appearances for your fans and a list of 4 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

You're invited to the official Minnesota Chiefs Challenge Cup viewing party! While the hometown squad hasn't been in the finals for some time now, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy at the Xcel Energy Center!

The viewing party will be attended by special guests including embattled celebrities Aaron Carter, Rob Kardashian, and R. Kelly in what is sure to be an entertaining event!!

For the competitors in the group, we will have a number of competitions that may reward you wish cash prizes! Set up a team for a 3v3 ice hockey tournament, try to score a goal from the center ice circle, participate in a relay race competition on the ice, and guess various events throughout the game including the first goal scorer, shots on net, and the final score!

Don't miss this great event at the Xcel Energy Center. Tickets start from $60 apiece!

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

This is going to be a fun one. Most of my teammates drive these shitty ass econoboxes; admittedly something you would expect (I guess) from an earth-loving hippie who can call themselves a "Buffalo." Top of the car has a front-to-back mohawk type deal made out of long grass/grains. Based on my limited (zero) experience with buffalo's, I see that they eat that stuff. Next up is imparting the beautiful Buffalo team colors on to this ugly car. So no one can accuse me of not being stylistically gifted. I like a basecoat of Stampede Green over the entirety of the car. The trim will, of course, be the yellow that we all know and love. The mirrors will be removed and be replaced with Buffalo Horns (do they have horns? I think so?). Last, but not least, the entire trunk of the car will be gutted to include a massive yeti cooler open to everyone! Only beers that are either green or yellow are allowed. Also, green and yellow (lol) ice cubes. All in all, hideous but also the perfect car to bring to any viewing party involving the Buffalo Stampede.

Game 1 of the Season 35 SHL Finals is going to be full of emotion. Both teams are coming off of beating the heavily favorited Calgary Dragons and New England Wolfpack and will need to quickly recover from what had to be a raucous celebration. Portland knows this feeling all too well as they was here last year. Toronto has been here before as well. Neither team has been able to go the distance, however, and take the title of SHL Champion. What's really, really awesome about these finals is that some team and some fan base is going to experience winning the whole she-bang for the very first time. That's a very special feeling. It also signals a certain level of the "changing of the guard" if you will. The two teams who were bested in order for Portland and Toronto to reach this point are perennial cup contenders so to see neither team reach the finals is surprising. Ultimately, this series is going to be a fun one to watch from a neutral perspective but a stressful one for the players, management and fans of these two budding SHL franchises. Expect a hard-hitting, fast, and skilled showing from both of these teams.

I firmly believe that getting to the finals is a pre-requisite for this award (unless someone scores 30 pointsin 7 games or something completely ridiculous) so with that in mind, my MVP so far is Kristian Eriksson of the Toronto North Stars. The long-time captain of Toronto has brought his team back to the promised land by doing what a good leader does and leading by example. He is tied for 2nd in the league (1st on his team) with 6 goals in 9 games. He's also racked up 6 assists giving him 12 points in 9 games. Now, the SHL see's a ton of players go over a PPG but Eriksson is doing that with a fairly average amount of ice-time. As such, his PP/20 is off the charts at 1.21 (top 5 in the league). He's an impact player whenever he steps on the ice and he'll need to continue as such going forward if Toronto is going to break the curse and win their first Challenge Cup.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a> Last year was the Mark Harter show (which didn't end up how you guys would have hoped). Now it's time for Wahlgren to shine. Any nervousness going into your first Challenge Cup Finals now that you've taken the reigns as the undisputed #1? You've performed great in the playoffs thusfar so I'm sure that has to help ease some nerves.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Symmetrik</a> With rumors swirling that you might be on the move this offseason, does the result of these finals have any sort of bearing on what happens/where you go? Also, go PGF

<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a> What would it mean to yourself, the team, and the fans back in Toronto for you to bring the Challenge Cup home? Specifically, what would it mean to you to be the CAPTAIN of the FIRST ever Toronto team to win a cup?

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]

Task One:

While <a href='index.php?showuser=2031' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Raven</a> Silverwing has been associated with birds throughout his career both in juniors and in the big leagues, for some reason he's never gone the extra mile to truly make that his brand. Well, today that's going to change - it's time to decorate his car so that everyone know from miles away that Raven Silverwing is on his way. First up is feathers - lots of them. We're going to cover the whole damn thing with feathers. Maybe even the windows, who needs to see anyway? We're going for outer appearance here, man. Anyway, the next step is going to get changing that hood ornament - we're talking a beak. Go big or go home, am I right? Finally the most important piece - working wings. They've got to be a nice shade of silver, and they should be able to wave like actual wings with the use of a lever from inside of the car. This thing's gonna shine, and everyone's going to know that Raven fucking Silverwing is on his way to the viewing party.

Task Three:

It's a moment two franchises have been waiting for since their inceptions. For one team, 35 years of waiting. For the other, just 10. One of these teams is going to go home after this series with their names on the cup for the first time in league history, and it's going to take just four more wins to get there. Toronto found their way past the New England Wolfpack for the first time in recent memory to make it to the finals, while the Portland Admirals are here for the second season in a row. If either of these teams is going to be victorious they're going to need their top players to step up to the plate and play like their top players - for the North Stars this means Eriksson and Taylor are going to be at the top of their game, while the Admirals are going to be looking to Lundberg and Wahlgren to stand tall throughout the series. It's going to be a fun one as it gets underway here tonight from Portland.

Task Four:

My S35 Playoff MVP has to be Kristian Eriksson of the Toronto North Stars. He was a big part of the reason the North Stars were able to win their first ever cup in franchise history. It was a hard-fought team effort, but at the same time Eriksson's performance was a major factor. With 5 game winning goals (one away from scoring the winner in half of the team's wins this season), Eriksson was absolutely unstoppable this postseason. His strong performance in the postseason also included the league lead in goals (10) - notable not only because he was the top in the league, but also because half of his goals in the postseason were game winners. He also had a 1.08 points per 20 - the only player in the finals to be over a point per 20 minutes played, making his performance this postseason even more notable and thus more deserving of an MVP honour.

Task Five:

Kyle, this question is for you. You're a young goaltender, your previous playoff run you were left watching on the sideline as Mark Harter took the reigns and now he's going to be the one watching from opposition's bench. How does playing against someone who you worked so closely with affect your preparation for the game?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a>

You were so close last year, Cynthia, but just couldn't finish and ended up getting sent home early. This year you had your revenge on the Wolfpack and now find yourself with a shot at your first cup in franchise history. What are emotions like in the locker room right now?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a>

You return to your old haunt, and suddenly you're right in the thick of it, Patrick. What's it like being back in Portland when things look so much brighter?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1627' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>tweedlebrumm</a>

<hr>

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia