Create Account

S45 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 12:24 PM by Dangles13.)

Task 1:

We came within a goal of making it to the Challenge Cup finals but we fell short against the powerhouse Edmonton Blizzard. I do not believe that the Renegades really need to do anything to get over the hump; we have some of the best defenders in the league and a stellar goalie. The offence is starting to get a touch older and expansion may pluck a player or two off of our roster but I think we can overcome that with a free agent signing or a trade. A year of development from some of our younger players will help overcome those deficiencies, Harvey Danger is one such player that I think will really turn heads next season. With Louie Garrett, the man who should be crowned MVP, in the fold, Texas is set to become a contender for a next few seasons. I am more than confident in this squad and I am so proud of the management of this team.

Task 3:

1. This is an interesting one as both Joe and Roman have long been teammates on Calgary and are rumoured to join up on one of the two expansion teams. Joe is the more dynamic of the two and can produce offence at a great clip and Augustus is the gritty two-way player who can shut down other players. I will give the edge to Joe for his dynamic offence.

2. Florence Clijsters is the player who I look to make the most impact of the young players. The solid pivot has a depth role but I feel she has remarkable poise and can really light up the scoreboard if given a chance. While the top players duke it out and try to outdo each other, Florence can leave a mark.

4. West Kendall's management has the experience edge but only just. JR is a veteran leader who has proven he has what it takes to win. His work has led him to work heavily with the SMJHL and that added experience gives him a slight edge in what should be a series for the ages.

5. The Edmonton Blizzard is a very, very deep team with talent oozing out of every pore. It may seem like they have no weaknesses but their biggest weakness lies in the very fact that they are so deep. West Kendall needs to get into their heads and drive a wedge into the locker room.

Task 4: 

PM sent

Task 10:

I spent so much time in the offseason when I was with Seattle that I grew to hate being out of the playoffs, now that I am with Texas I look forward to the playoffs very much. Going on a long run with Texas was so great for my confidence and now that I am out, I will enjoy some off time with family and friends. I need some time off to rest my body and recover from some minor injuries, a few bumps and bruises, and to recompose my psyche. A long season away from your family can wear on you and take a toll on the mind but as you get older you learn how to manage. I have some buddies around the league that I wish to work out with, some guys who I feel that I can learn a thing or two from. After this season I will have two Stevens nominations and I really need to figure out how to seal the deal and get a win.

PT Task:

NSFL PT

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 04:51 PM by Snussu.)

Task 2: (Graphic, 2 TPE)

Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post 2 of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*

[Image: CW.png] [Image: CW2.png]

Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)

Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?

Definitely Joe. Joe has been a long member of the game and has all the tricks up his sleeve. I think Roman is a good player as well, but I have faith in Joe's experience and skill on the playoff ice. His regular season stats talk for himself as well
2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain a little about your selections.

F: Teddy Cuddles, Dani Forsberg, Hercules Rockefeller D: Ensio Kalju, Jon Ross G: Beaujeaux Biscuit
Teddy Cuddles, Dani Forsberg and Hercules Rockefeller were no-brainers for this team. Amazing players with amazing TPE. Ensio Kalju I had to choose for this team bc every team needs a one stud Finn in the lineup! Jon Ross was also a kinda no-brainer since his TPE and Activity are amazing. Bojo is the best Goalie in SHL so that's that
3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why? 

Has to be either Tony Pepperoni or Rex Kirkby. Both amazing high TPE high Activity S43 Rookies (best rookie class btw). Both of them are excellent players in their respective role. I can see Rex being Top Defenseman for Platoon in few seasons! Tony is breaking through in stacked Edmonton team!
4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's have the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why? 

I feel like JR95 and Wongy have an advantage in the series since they have been in there so many times in the past they know every single word and thing to say to the players so they know how to get motivated and to bring their A game to the table
5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.
Both teams have 1 weakness. Centers. Neither of the teams has spectacular centers or deep center core. West Kendall has 3 Centers all under 1000 TPE. Edmonton has 2 Centers at 1220 TPE and 900 TPE which both will be gone after the season so they will have even weaker centers
TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
[Image: aeHAT06.png]

Sadly, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] Also, please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.

TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)

Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In 150 words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

I have 10 things in My Bucket list

1. Do coke with Nour

2. Get Andrew Martin to dye his hair

3. Have a Pint with Ben

4. Go driving with Donnie

5. Win Rookie of the year

6. Win some kind Award

7. Have a big bank like Luke

8. Buy Nour a car

9. Get World Peace

10. Win the Finals with Hamilton!

I have only completed going to drive with Donnie. It was nice. We went around Ontario and he had a blast. 

As my rookie season is ending I most likely won't be winning the award. I can still win other Awards and the Cup!

I have decided I'm going to ask Ben for a pint next week and Nour and I have to sort our schedules so we match up!
Andrew is a problem kid so he will dye his hair in no time. Bank i won't ever get and Car is under work

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

Your player is out of the playoffs! Whether this is because the team didn't make it, or you have been eliminated, or you won the cup, in 150 words or more write about what your plans are for the offseason!

In the offseason, I will be completing my buck list and training!

I will go have a pint with Ben, Maybe do coke with Nour and maybe get him a car! I will be training my skating and defensive abilities not to forget passing! I also might buy a small garage and start tuning and fixing cars, since that's what I have always like it, but never got around. That's an unknown truth about me. I will also be playing games. We love it in the Hamilton locker room. There's always talk going and mayhem happening. I may also travel back to Finland to see Mommy and Daddy Boija's! They've been eager to see me ever since they heard I got traded! I will be happy to see my Finnish friends as well and hang out with them!

Offseason is going to be a blast and amazing time. Not to forget all the booze

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 10:56 PM by Esso2264.)

Task 2

[Image: 1Lz87oi.jpg]

Task 4
Done

Task 5

[Image: P0FlhPz.jpg]

TASK 4 - Done

TASK 1

With my team in the finals I thought I would take a chance to spin this as if I am one of the expansion teams.

How do you make the challenge cup finals building up from nothing? With the exposure lists out for teams and now the GM's of the new franchises set up to work on their new teams there is really two paths they can choose to take. Best player available or young and promising pieces. Now the SHL can be a fickle and complicated beast at times. The one thing I have seen proven time and time again is that drafting active and caring users and archetypes that mix well is the long term key to success. Now STHS isn't a really robust sim engine but it still has some combinations that tend to work better than others when all the pieces are put together. So if I am an expansion GM and see the really complex nature of the league. I go BPA where I can 1st then move to grab some younger pieces. Shore up the big position first to show you care, then work around those with your draft picks.

Task 3

1) I think it will ultimately be Joe Kurczewski. Speaking in frank hockey terms, I think his finals experience will be paramount in the success of the team. He has been to the dance more than a few times before and know exactly what it takes to win at the highest level. He has the ability to be a true game breaker.

3)(S40) C - Florence Clijsters

Is my pick for the biggest potential difference maker for the young players. Why is that? You have a user who has wanted a cup icon so bad for so many seasons and with her return to the platoon and the cup within grasp, expect her to step her game up to the next level trying to bring home that ever so elusive trophy.

4)Personally I have to give the edge to West Kendalls management team. What is it now, the 4th Finals appearance in 5 seasons? I mean you have to figure something is being done right by them to make it where they are. Despite not having a regular season juggernaut the Platoon as hardened playoffs veterans who only need to make the dance to make a difference.

5)The Platoons Defensive Depth

With Ross playing his last season and the team more than likely to lose some pieces to the expansion they really only have one capped out D man in Ludwig Koch Schroder. The work horse of the team, he can't be on the ice at all times and really the best chance the Blizzard have to take this home is make the most of the minutes of when he is on the bench.

TASK 6

1) Break 670 points in my career
- I Feel like this will be a major point for my player if I ever want to even be looked at for the Hall of Fame before it's all said and done. Having won no Stevens trophies or other major individual awards you barely ever hear my players name mentioned anymore so at this point career longevity will have to help my case.

2) Winning Multiple Cups
- Well I have 2 down so far, but really the goal and hope was for at least 3 if possible, but really as many as possible is always the right answer here

3) Being remembered as one of the top 5 players of my draft class
- Currently no where near this distinction, I want to try and at least crack the top 5 when people mention the S31 someday, sadly I feel like my legacy has fallen onto the back burner as of late, and really don't know what I need to do to get back into the conversation.

Task 10

1) Start to plan my regression path and what type of role I want to play in the coming seasons to come. It is starting to get to the painful parts of regression as the skill is eaten away by time, so I need to really start to focus on what I am pulling from as I head into each season now to remain an effective player.

2) Continue to work with my Nephew on his path to the SHL. He has been making some great progress in his youth hockey program but I really want him to have a true shot at the SHL one day when he is ready.

3) Furthering my Beer brand to be the best developed craft beer you have on a cold winters night or hot summers day. We are currently pushing hard to develop a crisp but fresh Honey Saison and Cider. Next up is perfecting a nice smooth Milk Stout that goes down easy and fills you up.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 12:04 PM by Paq.)

TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE) [3/16]
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in 150 words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

Let me tell you, the only thing the Minnesota Chiefs are missing, and I know more about missing things than maybe anyone. I've lost more things than most people own, ok, so I'm definitely an expert here, everybody says 'oh Paq yeah he's really forgetful' so I definitely know what I'm saying here. And the only thing - I'm serious, it's really the only thing they're missing. Everything else is there, accounted for, of terrific quality. It's really incredible because it's just this one very small thing but it's very, very important folks. I can't tell you how many people I've had come up to me and say "oh you know what Minnesota nee-" no, they're wrong, they have no idea what they're talking about. And that's really the problem. We've got all of these opinions out here but nobody knows things like I do, ok? Nobody. So Minnesota should really listen to me on this. What they need is more puck handling because really they stink at handling the puck. That simple. That simple, folks, really.

Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE) [8/16]
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.
The player that will be more valuable in the upcoming series is Joe Kurczewski because the team that wins the series will be the Edmonton Blizzard and the team that loses the series will be the West Kendall Platoon so how valuable can I really consider Augustus to be if he is on the losing side of the cup finals? Not very valuable is how valuable.

1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?

2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
F - Joe Kurczewski Blizzard
F - Roman Augustus Platoon
F - Dani Forsberg Platoon
D - Ludwig Koch Schroder Platoon
D - Tor Tuck Blizzard
G - Tommy Tuck Blizzard

This team would be pretty stupid with those forwards and that defense. They'd outscore everyone and allow no goals. It's a testament to the quality of this series that we can look at both teams and see all of these players who are arguably some of the best to ever play their respective positions. And then you have Tommy Tuck who is really here because I feel sorry for him and want him to feel like one of the cool kids so I included him.

3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why?
I'm going to go with a sleeper and say Piotr Czerkawski. I know his regular season was underwhelming but this is his shot to prove to GMs that he is worthy of a big contract and guaranteed first line minutes in advance of his free agency foray. There's no better stage to do that than the cup finals, so we'll see what happens.

4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's have the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why?
I am going to go with JR95 and Wongy here for one simple reason. While those two are busy preparing their best strategies and lines to catch Edmonton off guard and take this series, karl and Keygan will be busy plotting on ways to stab more of their players in the back and trade them to other teams.

5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.
I spent more time scouting these two teams than maybe anyone ever in advance of answering this question and here's the answer. Neither team has a hole that can be exploited. I wouldn't recommend exploiting holes anyway, but even if you wanted to, there's no way to do it. Even Tommy Tuck who is a total loser appears to be in great form so this series will be closely contested and might just come down to a cliche like who makes the fewest mistakes or whatever.

TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE) [11/16]

Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] Also, please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.

PM Sent

Task 5: (Graphic, 3 TPE) [14/16]
During the finals there will be a television segmant talking about the leagues locker room environments. Submit a graphic visually highlighting three key appealing features of your locker room. Must include team logo, team name, and text captions for the features you have chosen.
[Image: mHikbYR.jpg]

Task 10: (Written, 3 TPE) [16/16]
Your player is out of the playoffs! Whether this is because the team didn't make it, or you have been eliminated, or you won the cup, in 150 words or more write about what your plans are for the offseason!
Wow way to rub it in, asshole. My team did make the playoffs but we were unfortunately and unceremoniously bounced from the bracket by one of the finals competitors, the West Kendall Platoon. So my plan for this off-season is to exact revenge on the disgusting West Kendall Platoon for eliminating us Minnesota Chiefs. Oh, go figure. A team named after the army eliminated the team named after Native American leaders. Very on brand for America (shaking my head). How will I get revenge? Easy. I will seduce the teams owner and film the entire encounter, then use the video to blackmail him into trading Minnesota all of his best players before ultimately releasing the video anyway and letting everyone see that he has a weird toe fetish. His personal credibility will be ruined and so will West Kendall's future in the SHL. That's just the price of eliminating Minnesota from the playoffs, though. Let this be a warning to anyone who thinks they will beat us in future seasons, too.

NSFL/PBE: speculadora

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 05:13 PM by CanadianDuck.)

Task 1: 

The San Francisco Pride have been a team with nothing to be excited about for so long that many don't even look at them as anything more than a joke. The reality however, is that the future is bright for them. They have some good young players who will continue to get better, they do have a need of some more players in their prime to set them up for now and in the future. More players like Isak Ødegård are what the Pride need more of now to help teach the new younger generation what is needed to become the stars of tomorrow. The young players like Leshaun King, Goku Muerto, and Richard Metcalf Jr are the brightest for the future of San Franciscoa and are prepaired to take this team to the playoffs and possibly even win the teams first Championship.The fans of this team have a lot to look forward to.

Task 3: 

(1) Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus are both big additions for both teams in this years Championship final.The question of which will be more valuable to their team for me comes down to experience. Joe Kurczewski has been apart of the Calgary dynasty and for as much as Roman Augustus has done, the edge goes to Joe for that alone.

(2It's time to give my picks for this years All Challenge Cup roster. Just like last time, my picks are based on how the players have preformed up until now in the Playoffs.

G - Tommy Tuck (EDM) While both Tuck and Biscuit share an 8-3-0 record, Tuck's Save % (0.920) and GAA (2.59) give him the edge.
D - Ludwig Koch Schroder (WKP) His 7 goals and 14 points leads both teams Defenseman.
D - Connor Tanner (EDM) 6 goals and 5 assists is good for 2nd between both defenses.
F - Joe Kurczewski (EDM) 7 goals and 7 assists leads Edmonton in scoring.
F - Roman Augustus (WKP) Leads both teams in scoring with his 16 points.
F - Dionyz Vyskoc (WKP) 11 points and a +4 is good enough to take the last spot in my choices.

(3) Rex Kirkby is my choice for the rookie who I expect to play very well in this series. It's always tougher on the younger players in these situations, but with how mentally tough he has been so far in his career I believe he has the ability to excel in the spotlight.

(4) Both teams GMs have done very well setting themselves up for this moment, but at the end of the day only one team can win it all. I would give the slight edge to the West Kendall Platoon management for putting together what I believe to be the better all around roster, and a more well rounded defense. 

(5) The biggest difference between Edmonton and West Kendall is the lack of top talent for the Platoon. We (Edmonton) have more top level talent than the Platoon and as long as they play to their ability we have the edge in this matchup. The platoon do have some really good players who can tilt the game in their favor if we let off the pedal.

Task 4: 

Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars? (Answer sent)

Task 6: 

I am very fortunate to be able to say that I have already crossed off some of the things on my hockey career bucket list. I was able to help the Scarecrows win the Four Star Cup. We are currently in the finals once again and it would be amazing to win it twice with such an amazing group for players bin my final year in the SMJHL. I look forward to my SHL debut with the San Francisco Pride next season. Things still on my bucket list include helping win the Challenge Cup with whatever team I'm on, playing against my former and current Scarecrow teammates in the SHL, and maybe one day playing alongside my original linemates, (Adam Taylor and Nicholas Williams) and making some new friends in the SHL. I've enjoyed my time in the SMJHL and while I'm going to miss playing with the Scarecrows, I am excited about making the move into the SHL.

Task 10: 

While my current season is still ongoing in the Four Star Cup Finals with the St. Louis Scarecrows against the Detroit Falcons, my plans for the offseason remains the same win or lose. I had made the decision before the start of the season that this was going to be my last run with my Scarecrows before making the move to the SHL. A part of me doesn't want to move on, but I know that happens all the time when making a big decision such as this one. I've got former teammates who have made the move already who I can talk to about the things I need to do while making this move. I've got a place out in California already waiting for me and I have already moved a lot of my stuff there during the current ongoing season. I've got a lot of goodbyes to give. (hopefully while celebrating on the ice with the Four Star Cup over my head one more time!)

PBE PT 3 TPE (I think)

Quote:TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)

Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in 150 words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

After a push for a cup has fallen flat for the North Stars, they are left in a bit of limbo. Still bolstering one of the sturdy rosters in the East, they will still be losing a couple players to the Expansion Draft, and couple that with the loss of Volkova to retirement, they are gonna be in need for more scoring and and overall depth. On top of that, their star player Chris York is still regressing and will most likely be transitioning out of the center of the ice so the question is how they fill that hole in the future. Many will point to rising stars like Ander Christiansen, a true center, or Mikhail Lokitonov, a natural winger but has reportedly started practicing face offs with the idea of moving to center, will take over the 1C spot. The next big thing will be replacing the loss of Volkova in the top 6, and the need for a either a scoring two-way forward or a pure sniper to fill in on the first or second line allowing the 3rd line not to be weakened by moving up a different player.

Quote:Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)

2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.

1. I believe Roman Augustus is the more important player for his team, as West Kendall was in more need of a truly great player to add to their already more than solid forward core. Edmonton already had one of the best cores in the league and has players in their bottom 6 that could be a top 6 player for most other SHL teams. Also considering the great production that Augustus had after joining the Platoon in the regular season, it's clear he's had the most impact on his team.

C - Oisin Fletcher Blizzard
W - Dani Forsberg Platoon
W - Teddy Cuddles Blizzard
D - Tor Tuck Blizzard
D - Ludwig Koch Schroder Platoon
G - Tommy Tuck Blizzard

I think this starting lineup could matchup with any other team in the league's history. Extremely well balanced, two great scorers in Fletcher and Cuddles, with the great ability of Dani Forsberg to anchor them, plus all three can throw the body with the best of them. In theory, the perfect D pairing with a shooter in Tuck and the two-way passer in Schroder. And one of the league's MVP candidates in between the pipes with Tommy Tuck.

3. I think that Florence Clijsters of the West Kendall Platoon as a great opportunity to show the SHL world just how far she has come since her days in Toronto. Playing third line minutes could limit her, but even in limited minutes so far in the playoffs, she has shown some great ability to score when needed most and could be a truly great player for the Toonza for years to come.

4. No disrespect to Keyg and Karl, but the West Kendall management are among the best in the league, and truly seem to be dead set on another cup. JR has so much experience as a simmer, and has had so much success in management since taking over as Head GM in West Kendall, I find it hard to doubt them.

5. The West Kendall Platoon has done terrifically so far these playoffs, but they are very dependent on Beaujeaux Biscuit in between the pipes. They lack real depth in defense, and really depend on him to be on for every game to bail them out at times. When they lose, its generally in a high scoring affair where Biscuit is off.

Task 4: Sent 3 Possible TPE

Task 2: 2 TPE
[Image: sign_1.png]
[Image: sign_2.png]

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 03:06 AM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)

After winning the S44 Challenge Cup, I would say that the Winnipeg Jets were hit pretty hard by regression and retiring players. What we need is young blood, because the game is transitioning toward speed, so we need someone who has a focus on pure skating and hustle. "Intangibles", veteran leadership, and grit are great in a coaches' post-game press conference, but overrated in actuality. A smaller Yanni Gourde-like player with speed that is willing to chase loose pucks and get to corners, and can breeze past slow-footed older defensemen would be the perfect guy to transition the Jets back into the juggernaut contenders they once were. Winning puck battles is essential and can turn the tide of the team; of course, that speed demon needs to be able to shoot too to finish a play. Great skating is only worth so much if you don't have anything else; you're a speed skater, not a hockey player, if you can't put the rest of your game together.

Words: 170

Code:
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. I think while both are solid players who are impactful on and off the ice, Joe Kurczewski will have the most impact. Both players can score, but I think Joe edges Augustus in terms of his defensive mettle. Joe can man the power play, deliver crunching hits at even strength, and he can be on the top penalty kill unit; he does it all, and I think that'll be apparent at the end of the series.
Words: 77
Dani Forsberg - Roman Augustus - Joe Kurczewski
Tor Tuck - Brady McIntyre
Tommy Tuck
I looked at the point totals, and by that metric, Roman Augustus (60), Joe Kurczewski (59), and Dani Forsberg (60) are the obvious top 3 forwards. Also, I think those three have a lot of positional diversity, they all can take faceoffs but started as wingers, so you can slot them in anywhere. Points wise, Edmonton's Brady McIntyre and Tor Tuck are the best offensive defensemen, so they can bring the wow factor from the back end. With an outstanding .931 save percentage, there's no debate that Tommy Tuck deserves to represent as the goalie.
Words: 95
3. I think rookie Tony Pepperoni will continue to shine; he played great in the regular season, racking up 23 points, and I see no reason why he won't continue to factor on the scoresheet for Edmonton. He's in his first season and young as a S43 prospect, but he plays with a lot of poise and really has a great nose for the net.
Words: 64
4. I'd have to say West Kendall Platoon has the advantage just because they have way more experience, and very recently, so it's still fresh in their mind. This is their third Challenge Cup finals in a row, and after losing to Winnipeg last year, they'll have thought of what they could've changed and be rehashing their S43 victory in their mind.
Words: 61
5. Scouting for Edmonton, I would notice immediately that Beaujeaux Biscuit is not on the same tier as Tommy Tuck. That would definitely be something for the offense to exploit; just go for a barrage of shots and open up the game, and Edmonton could really outperform the Platoon in that scenario.
Words: 51
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aeHAT06.png[/img]

Sadly, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] [u]Also[/u], please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.
Sent
Code:
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In [u]150[/u] words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.
One of the main things on my bucket list that I have completed is winning a Challenge Cup. I was lucky to come up for the S44 finals and the Winnipeg Jets got the win; I was honored to be a part of it. I've also gotten my first SHL goal out of the way and definitely started to play a big role for Team Sweden; international play was always important to me, so it means a lot on a personal level. Some things I want to accomplish in the future is putting down a 30 goal season and winning the goal scoring and/or points title. I want to be not only good, but known across the league, esteemed as a fantasy asset. I think I also want to win an IIHF title with Team Sweden; that would be very special and it would be great to bring success to my player's country. I would also like to win another Challenge Cup; I intend to stay in the league for a long while, and I want to win as many Cups as possible.
Words: 184
Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
I plan to spend a lot of my offseason training and improving my conditioning. My rookie year was quite underwhelming, so it's in my workaholic nature to work myself to death so I can be better for my team. But when I'm not trying to kill myself in the gym, definitely binge watching random shows on Netflix is a great way to kill time; what's better than chilling on the couch with a cup of coffee and a TV that's turned up way too loud? And besides Netflix, I'll have to watch some NHL games; I shockingly loves the Lightning, so I will catch their nationally televised games on cable and watch the rest on r/nhlstreams. If I have any time beyond all of that, I will take to YouTube and watch three hours vanish in an instant, because such is the nature of YouTube. "I was only gonna watch one five minute video!!!!" Mhm, sure, that never happens.
Words: 160

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Task 1: Well quite frankly my team, the New Orleans Specters, is missing a LOT of things for us to make the S46 Challenge Cup Finals. We’re going to have to get a goalie, for one. Currently we don’t have one and I hear you really need those things to win hockey games with. The next thing we’re going to need is an entire defensive unit. Not a single defenseman on the roster yet, and I need six of those things, according to league rules. But wait, I also need more forwards! Yes! It turns out that only having two of those isn’t even allowed, and nor would it be a good idea! I’d like some that can pass well, but also a few that can shoot well. And those defenseman? I’d like some of those that can hit people while making a first pass out of the zone. Gosh, there’s so many things we need still. This task is depressing! (161)

Task 3: 1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?

Honestly, Augustus will be more valuable for his team in the playoffs. Edmonton is lucky to have many more stars than Kendall West, so the entire load doesn’t fall completely on Joe K. Roman is also younger and is much more of a complete player, so he should be more valuable in the long run. (55)

2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain a little about your selections.
Joe Kurczewski – F
Roman Augustus – F
Dani Forsberg – F
Tor Tuck – D
Connor Tanner – D
Tommy Tuck – G

This is easy. You take four players who are S45 MVP candidates in Tuck the goalie, Joe K, Augustus, and Forsberg. Not to mention the forwards played together in Calgary before so there’s some chemistry. Tuck and Tanner just had fantastic seasons in Edmonton as well, being the top defensive pair for a record setting team. Makes sense. (76)

The young player with the best chance to capture the hearts and minds of the SHL universe is Edmonton Blizzard forward Piotr Czerkawski. PC has been working hard on his game, and as the main passer on the Blizzard’s top line all season, he helped lead the Blizz to the best record of all time, and now he can lead them to the cup. (64)

The GM’s that have the tactical advantage is clearly the Blizzard. Why? Because the smartest thing they did was trade for Calgary and St. Louis legend Joe Kurczewski, who’s intricate knowledge of this game will easily be the difference between winning and losing. There’s zero way he hasn’t been in their ear all season long. (55)

The West Kendall Platoon can be exploited down the middle of the ice. They foolishly are keeping their best two center options on line 1, and as a result, the Blizzard own the advantage there. In this game, most of the time, the stronger team down the middle takes home the cup. (52)

Task 4: PM sent!

Task 6: This is going to sound cocky, but I’m at the precipice of checking off almost everything on my SHL bucket list. I’ve won the Challenge Cup in Calgary, I’ve won the Four Star Cup with the St. Louis Scarecrows. I’ve won IIHF gold with Team USA. I’ve won the playoff MVP award. I’ve won the Jeff Dar award. I’ve won MVP of the league as voted by the awards committee and also by the players. I’ve scored a LOT of big playoff goals. And starting in S46, I’ll become the General Manager of an SHL franchise. There’s bonus points because it was an expansion team! I’ve been elected to serve on the SHL Head Office as well. All that’s really left for me and Joe K is getting him higher up on the career scoring lists. According to the Beaujeaux Box, I’m the leading scorer in SHL playoff history, although I think there’s some years missing. So I want to try to add to those totals as well. (170)

Task 10: While my season isn’t completed just yet (The Blizzard are currently losing the Challenge Cup finals 3-2 to the West Kendall Platoon), I needed to finish Championship Week. Winning the cup or not, I’ll be spending my offseason creating a brand new culture for my expansion team, the New Orleans Specters. I have a lot of work to do with studying the unprotected lists and getting the expansion draft done. And then its right into the SHL Draft! I have the lucky opportunity to get 5-6 great people onto my team in order to develop a prospect nucleus immediately. And then once that is all over its right into the free agency period, where I have the chance to sign some of the best players the SHL has to offer. It will all, hopefully, add up to a competitive team that will challenge for a playoff spot in Season 46. Here’s hoping. (154)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 01:08 AM by Steelhead77.)

Dragons haven't needed much since we were always a contender and have won 7 cups in our history, but this season was different. Being forced to move two of our top players left a big void at center for us. We've always had strength down the middle and it has been a key to our success. After moving Joe K and Roman Augustus, we have a role that needs to be filled. A playmaking line 2 center with strong offense and defensive attributes, like 90+ defense or 99 passing would be a big addition to our line up moving forward. We need a player to give us that strong 1-2 punch down the middle and on all special teams. Having a strong 1-2 center and of course a solid 3rd line center is big in the SHL. So at this point that's probably the type of player we could use the most. That being said, our current line 2 center is active and updating so we hope he can develop into what we need there.

[Image: sports-signs-page-add-sydneys-stick111.jpg]
@JKortesi81

First of all your welcome EDM and WKP for me giving you two of our top players, also thanks for expansion. Anyway, I think both of these guys Joe and Roman have been key to their teams making he finals. That being said, I think Roman Augustus will be more valuable in this series because WKP does not have the 1-2 center depth that EDM does, so Roman Augustus will have to really play well in order for WKP to win. Gabriel Wong is a strong center, but not on the level of Joe K or Fletcher. Should be a good one though.

Easy. Joe Kurczewski-Roman Augustus-Dani Forsberg, Tor Tuck, LKS, Beaujeax Biscuit. Great chemistry in that top 3 forward line, all former players who won a cup together in Calgary and know how to win. Tuck and LKS are both studs on defense, they have to be in there and then Bojo in net for experience, he's done it before.

Both sets of GM's are good, but I'd have to give the edge to JR95 and Wongy here because they have already won 2 cups together and Wongy has been to the Esa school of GM'ing and knows a few tricks. It's going to be a good one though and Karl and Key are very capable of winning as well.

As stated earlier I think Edmonton has an edge in strength down the middle and for that reason will be tough to beat in the series. If I was a GM for WKP and we did not get off to a good start or were in a bad spot I would consider moving center-capable Dani Forsberg to center on line 2 and slide Wongy up to line 1 wing. Putting your two best players are 1-2 Center similar to what Edmonton has then go to to toe. Just an idea though.

TASK 4: Pm'd

Wow, in 28 years I have completed pretty much everything on my bucket list. I've won 5 cups with my friends, scored over 1000 points, 500 goals, had an award named after me for SMJHL rookie of the year and was the first player to break 2ktpe. I've also won 10 IIHF medals including a couple gold and I'm the all time leading scorer in SHL and IIHF history. Those things were never really on my bucket list, besides winning a championship, but they were very cool to achieve and I'm proud of them. There's really nothing else left for me to do, would be nice to win a 6th championship but other than that I'm very satisfied with how my career turned out. I think it'd be fun to take a story book cup run with a dragons team this season that is not expected to be a favorite. We're in a re-tool so it'd be cool to make one final run with the young players.

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

This is a big off-season for me personally and the Dragons. There's a lot of exciting changes happening in Calgary, some of which cannot be announced yet, but it's all good stuff. I guess I'll keep this player focused and say that this off-season old balls Esa will be resting up and saving all his energy for the S46 season, he'll need it. Esa does plan on taking a fishing trip to northern BC to catch steelhead and then will get a lengthy massage from the Dragons ice girls before spending a few days at home sleeping, eating and watching tv. It's a typical off-season for the veteran. He's done this 27 times before, maybe 28, who can keep track. One thing is for sure, the Parm King always comes into the season ready to play. He will be ready once again after a relaxing off-season of his favorite activities. Fishing, Eating, Getting touched my women, Sleeping and Watching TV. Clearly a legend.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 02:08 AM by Scrufdaddy.)

Code:
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in [u]150[/u] words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

My team, the Winnipeg Jets, did not reach the Challenge Cup finals for lack of me.  Except probably not, I'm still about 200 TPE shy of their lowest defender.  What I did notice was that Texas opened them up in the third period consistently.  Texas had a Shots by Period of 41-47-62 while the Jets had 48-33-44.  It might have come down to the 3rd lines, on the Renegades the 3rd liners have some of the best Endurance on the team, while the opposite is true in Winnipeg.

Consider the Jets team that took home the cup last season, they lost Pietra Volkova and Maurizio Arrivabene who had 89 and 83 Endurance respectively.  As a result, Kyle Kylrad and Lil Manius both had to graduate from 30% to 35% Ice Time with no meaningful boost to their Endurance.  It might be that some of the higher Endurance skaters need to munch more minutes, or that the rookies need to train up their Endurance, or some combination of both, but the team was looking tired out there.  

Code:
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

Joe K has been my coach for my entire career so far (winning two 4 Star Cups, not a big deal), so I may be a bit biased.  But I think Joe K brings a ton of value off the ice as well, so while they are almost dead even on TPE, I have to give it to Joe.

F Joe Kurczewski Blizzard
F Roman Augustus Platoon
F Teddy Cuddles Blizzard
D Brady McIntyre Blizzard
D Jon Ross Platoon
G Tommy Tuck Blizzard

I don't know these rosters that well, so I took my best stab in the dark.  Starting with Tommy Tuck, even without knowing SHL rosters, that's a name I hear a lot, so I went with the safe choice.
Jon Ross stuck out to me because he had a rocking +7 while only having 10 points and 20 AMG.  That says to me that he's defensively owning the ice.  Brady McIntyre was a similar case at +9 with 13 points, it didn't stick out as much though because 13 points is still relatively high on the Blizzard.  The other three are people that I both know in Discord and I know have stud skaters, so they formed my forward lineup.

Rex Kirby on the Platoon.  He's on the young end of that spectrum, at S43 instead of S40 so he's playing with less TPE.  On top of that, he's a defensemen that gets to play on the PK, so he's gotta be out there quite a bit.  A great performance from him really stands out, especially as a first gen.  +0 with 4 points and 16.49 AMG sounds to me like he really held down that 3rd pair.

Hindsight is 20/20, but the 3rd line and 2nd D pair for WKP got opened up.  Sven Brokstad and Karsten Kadinger both had 10 points, but ended -5 and -7 respectively.  Leafer Rielly had 20 points and ended -4.  It looks like to me, the Blizzard came out with some absolute minute munching studs that can handle extra large shifts, while WKP spread their minutes around more.  The squad of 90 endurance skaters naturally did just fine with the minutes, but then look at Teodors Cukurs who had 9 points on 8.69 AMG.  I imagine that he could just roll through and dog on the tired West Kendall skaters.

Code:

Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] [u]Also[/u], please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.

I did this one.

Code:
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In [u]150[/u] words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

As far as my J career goes, I've crossed off some serious bucket list entries.  I won the 4 Star Cup as a rookie, and then got to be the captain for our back to back cup this past season.  The only other thing on my list for the J would be to see one of the rookies I just ramped up take over as Captain and lead the team to a three-peat.

I've got some bucket list entries lined up for my SHL career that hasn't kicked off yet.  The obvious one is a Challenge cup.  As a totally team oriented player, there isn't anything more thrilling than being part of a championship team.  My time in the J has given me the thirst for becoming an SHL Captain, so that's also on my bucket list.  Ultimately, I'd like to do both and be the Captain for a Challenge Cup winning team.

Totally long term, I would love for Slip McScruff to be a household name.  As a Defensive focused player, maybe he's out of the running by default for some award discussions, but we'll see how he find his place in a few seasons.

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

Slip McScruff just won the back to back 4 Star Cup as the Captain of the defending St. Louis Scarecrows.  As far as his SHL career, this offseason will be pretty laid back.  There's nothing to worry about when it comes to deciding which league he'll be in.  With a rookie cup followed by a captain cup, he's checked the boxes for a great J career, so he won't miss out by moving up.  At the same time, he could rally for a third cup and spend a season with the rookies he just welcomed into the league in their prime.

Last offseason, I GM'd team USA in the WJC.  This offseason, I'm moving up to the big leagues to be the co-head of team USA in the IIHF.  My player isn't ready to play for the main roster yet, so I'm hoping there is still space in the WJC among the flood of S46 rookies.  I'll be keeping a close eye on that team regardless, because I'll need to know those players and how to use them by the time they hit the main roster.

Besides IIHF stuff, I'm hoping to stockpile some money for the coming season, especially with the draft content bonuses.  I picked up a shiny league job that will give me some, but mostly I should find some time to work on my advanced statistics code and get that to a place where it enables me to churn out interesting, stat driven media.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 05:36 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Quote:TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)

One thing the LA Panthers could really need is a franchise-caliber defenseman. The team has some very decent depth on the blueline buts is lacking starpower. Matthew Leetch used to be such a player but age has caught up with him whereas James Johnson and Maurice Picard are expected to top out as middle-pairing caliber defensemen and Jon Tellofsen as more of a depth guy. That leaves Jon Toner, the teams best defender at the moment who is just entering his prime and took another step forward this past season. Toner however was never touted as a star, but a player who got to where he is now through hard work and perserverance, so it would make sense for the Panthers to compliment his skills with someone with a ton of natural talent. Probably the best fit for LA would be a shoot-first kind of defenseman who goes all in on the offensive side of things.

Quote:Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)

1. Roman Augustus is a great player but you just have to go with Kurczewski here, not just because of his strong play on the ice but because of the strong example he sets with his work ethic and determination. When Edmonton traded for him at the start of the season pundits feared that we could be in for a boring season now that the best team in the league also acquired one of the best, if not the best player. And that's exactly what happened and Edmonton and Kurczewski have been dominating since.
2. Oisin Fletcher - Roman Augustus - Joe Kurczewski
Ludwig Koch Schröder - Tor Tuck
Beaujeaux Biscuit
The team doesn't have a natural Center but fuck if, with these three forwards being in the finals you simply can't leave any one out. Kurczewski and Fletcher have been amongst the most dominant players in the league for years now and Augustus has just recently broken into the same category as well. There are supported by a blueline of Koch Schröder and Tuck, two veteran defensemen who are anchoring their respective teams blueline, and goalie Beaujeaux Biscuit who doesn't just add quality in net, but pure leadership as well.
3. I went with Tony Pepperoni not just due to a strong Raptors bias (which is certainly a thing as well), but also because he has been nothing but a great player and teammate so far in his career. Pepperoni has proved many doubters wrong, including myself, who were skeptical after his agents previous failed attempt to get a player into the SHL. But so far, Pepperoni has been a model athlete and someone who I could see breaking out in the playoffs.
4. I kinda dont't wanna judge that as both pairings have been awesome in their own right so far. You could argue that karlssens and Keygan have been amazing at roster building and that they have mostly been benefitting from the trades they made in recent months, but that would undersell there line-making and tactial ability that led them to one of the most dominant regular seasons in SHL history. JR95 and Wongy had a bit less to work with and therefore still did an awesome job to get where they are, but i think if I had to I would give the edge to the Edmonton duo.
5. Edmonton really is a team without weakneeses. On paper they could be explooited in goal a bit as the Platoon have a higher-TPE player there, but so far that difference hasn't been noticeable during the season. The team doesn't have a ton of natural Centers, with Cukurs and Scholz being good players but not superstars as both have started to get up there in age. The Blizzards blueline is near impenetrable so if you want to score on them you need to create odd-man rushes and situations where you outnumber them, and one way to do that would be to do create chaos by beating them through the middle while their points-hungry forwards are maybe already waiting for the next chance to score, possibly neglecting their defensive support responsibilities.

Quote:TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

Done

Quote:TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In 150 words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

It's easy to forget as an SHL player who makes millions of dollars that very few hockey players even make it to the SHL, even very talented people can fall off on their way to the big leagues for a variety of reasons - lack of raw talent, the wrong attitude or just plain bad luck. So for me, the first things on the bucket list where rather basic: Make it to the SMJHL, be successful there, get drafted to the SHL to a team where you feel comfortable and then eventually make your debut in the big leagues. Most of that I have done by now although the "be successful in juniors" point had two parts, only one of which I completed: Winning a cup and winning an individual award, I was able to do the former but not the latter. Also, as someone who loved his time with the Colorado Raptors I had wanted to bring a cup to this franchise and sadly wasn't able to do that either as I was traded to STL at the deadline of my last year in juniors, and then went on to defeat my old team in the finals which was really bittersweet.

Quote:Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

Well not golfing, that's for sure. Right now it's very tempting to just relax for a while and not do too much in the offseason basically for the first time since joining the SMJHL - but at the same time, this is exactly the kind of trap that many young players fall to and that can lead to the dreaded sophomore slump. Philipp is one step ahead of them however because his rookie season actually wasn't very good, so even if he does poorly next year it won't be a slump, it will just be consistency! 4D-chess, you see. But all joking aside, Philipp will probably look to unwind with his friends and family for a bit before going on a trip or two to see a bit for the world. Maybe he will explore his European roots further or go to a more exotic location - or just go for a beach house right here in LA and invite a bunch of people over.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 01:48 PM by JRed94.)

Task 1: 182 words
The San Francisco Pride did not finish anywhere even close to the playoffs, let alone the Challenge Cup. This fact is not really surprising when looking at the San Francisco Pride's roster; particularly when looking under the date of birth column. The San Fransisco Pride have a very young roster, so what they need most is experience-- because with experience--typically--comes a higher TPE count. That is to say, the San Francisco Pride just need to be better collectively as a group. And like with all teams this starts from the goal line up. Chris Partridge is developing nicely, but he can not carry the entire load himself. Therefore, the San Francisco Pride could use a more experienced backup. Now do not get me wrong this is no slight on Dustin Evans, as it is in no way his fault. The only way to attain experience is through the passing of time combined with hard work. With these two things, Evans will easily improve his skating, agility, and rebound control which will certainly boost his teams' confidence when Partridge has the night off.

Task 4: completed

Task 6: 151 words
Jack Kennedy has been blessed with an amazing SMJHL with the Vancouver Whalers. Never having experienced a season not in the playoffs has been a thrill and provided a bounty of experience. Being named Alternate Captain and then Captain-- the honour of a life time. Breaking all-time scoring and points records for the Vancouver Whaler's franchise never would have occurred without amazing teammates. Last but not least, playing for Canada in 3 separate World Junior Championships has been nothing short of a blessing. Looking ahead to the future, where ever that may lead Kennedy, he hopes to continue this string of personal and more significantly team success. This means Kennedy wants to play and contribute on a contending squad. To do so, Jack Kennedy realizes he has to get better, and quite frankly, richer. To afford the expensive training and costly equipment will not be easy, but it will be necessary

Task 10: 151 words
Jack Kennedy made an admirable playoff run in what was his last season in the Simulation Minor Hockey League. While some players make take some time to put their feet up and reflect upon the season, Jack Kennedy has no such luxury-- and he could not be happier for it. Jack Kennedy is slated to play in his final World Junior Championship, in what will be his third time competing internationally while dawning the red maple leaf. After the tournament, Kennedy will be turning pro. On what team? Why that is still a mystery, as Jack Kennedy has been left unprotected in the expansion draft. Regardless of where the young player winds up, he knows he will have to train hard and perhaps buy some new equipment to gain an additional boost up. For this reason, JAck Kennedy is constantly thinking about ways to make money. Expect something big rather soon.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 04:44 PM by Angello.)

I was not playing in the SHL this season so maybe I was the thing that was missing for the Texas Renegades to make the cup final. I was playing in the SMJHL however for Montreal and I think they definitely need a few changes in order to make it to the cup final. They need a new coach in order to actually get Keegan Angello to play in some good way but that's not relevant to this story. With regard to the SHL I think I could have helped Texas make it to the cup final playing on the third line helping the team out as a playmaking presence on the lower line. Sure I don't have a lot of TPE and so probably will suck but I could have brought so much sprit to the team which might have been enough to get them through. Don't know if what Ive said is specific enough but I think the player type they could use would be a playmaking center

1. I don't know either of these people that well but I remember Joe Kurczewski and that long name from a long time ago and it looks like he's some player so in my head I gotta pick him as the guy who's making a difference. I'm sure the other dude is good but I don't know who he is so it ain't really easy to say much sorry guy

3. I'm realising just how part time I am because I don't know any of these young guys but I gotta choose Tony Pepperoni for Edmonton because that's a solid name. He looks like he's performing good for Edmonton and since they won the cup then I kinda gotta think he's a guy making a difference for them

4. Out of these guys I would have to pick the Blizzard general managers because I don't really know either and the Blizzard are the team that's looked the best. It looks like they got real secure management and a fucking stacked team so it's not too hard a pick for me to make

5. I think West Kendall needed to improve on their defense if they were going to win the cup. The forwards they have are amazing and look crazy on paper but you know you got to be just as solid going the other way and that might be the problem they have against a suspect stacked team like the Edmonton Blizzard

PM Sent

My bucket list is long with things that I want to do before I kick the bucket with Keegan Angello. Keegan's mission is to be a better player than his brother Nolan who was a pretty big bust many seasons ago and it feels like the shadow follows the Angello name around wherever it goes. After not being taken until late in the S44 draft it didn't look good for Keegan but lately he has been working hard to turn things around and be a success. Also on the bucket list for Keegan is to win a Challenge Cup with the Texas Renegades, the team that drafted him. Keegan would like to win a gold medal with Team Canada and make a name for himself as one of the best international hockey players in the world. Last but not least, Keegan looks to settle down and find himself a wife who he can love and who can take care of him and shit. This is quite a low key goal but it's still very important to him.

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)

Since the playoffs have finished for Keegan Angello he has not had a lot to fill his days and has spent most of his time thinking about what to do next. He plans on taking a trip deep into the Caribbean islands to find the purest strain of marijuana known to man in order to extract it to make his own CBD business which can get rid of his negative bank account. He also wants to do what every hockey player does in the offseason and play golf. Keegan is planning a long career and there is going to be a lot of disappointment like there is in every career so it'd be good if he was a better golf player for the longer offseasons he has to endure without playoff hockey. Finally he is going to work hard on his game in order to come back stronger next season and hopefully reach his lifelong dream of becoming an SHL player sooner rather ban later.

[Image: b3ZF9kT.png]
KEEGAN ANGELLO - CENTER - #91
Raptors Renegades
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 12:38 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Code:
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in [u]150[/u] words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.
After some recent retooling I think the Hamilton Steelhawks are missing a few things to be a contender. Unfortunately sending away Konig, Dickie S, Kruger and Owens for picks and younger players has set the Steelhawks back from a cup contender to a possible playoff team next season. I think the best bet is to stay the course and develop these players into all-stars like many of them could become. That being said the question is what do we need to make the Challenge Cup finals, so for that I'd say we need a #1 D man and another top 6 winger. With the right pieces in free agency I think Hamilton turns right back into a cup contender, but even without that it can turn back into a contender without picking any players up in free agency and just developing our players well and drafting well in the S46 draft.

Code:
Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post [u]2[/u] of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*
[Image: Xbupl7R.png] @.bojo

Code:

PM Sent

Code:
Robert Phelps is a big competitor, but has always been more of a team player than an individual award type guy. With the Vancouver Whalers in the SMJHL he was able to come away with back to back four star cup wins and he always looks back on those wins fondly. He's also managed to win a Gold, Silver and a few Bronze medals with the Canadian IIHF team, which of course has been a huge honor and a lot of fun competing in. The one thing that Phelps has always wanted to win and hasn't been able to yet is the Challenge Cup. It's the ultimate trophy for hockey players in this league and it is a bit of a disappointment that he hasn't been able to even make it to the finals, let alone win and hoist that cup. Hopefully for his sake he gets to lift it before ending his career.

Code:
Task 8: (Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S45 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be about the S45 season.

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=92945&pid=2568692#pid2568692
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2572050

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
It's been a long time since the Hamilton Steelhawks missed the playoffs, almost 10 seasons of post-season action, so when Hamilton finished the season without making the playoffs it was a sign that Phelps should take a break and relax for the summer off-season. Phelps was married last year in the summer and his wife and him decided they would go to Europe and vacation for a month out of the summer. Right now the two are in Paris probably enjoying a glass of wine out on the terrace of a fancy restaurant. Their trip should take them all over Europe to see plenty of sites and get lots of rest and relaxation to wind down from a disappointing season. Hopefully when Phelps returns there will be some bright eyed, bushy tailed rookies joining the ranks of the Steelhawks to help bolster the lineup and bring some excitement back to the team.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]