Create Account

Official car thread

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 12 2014, 07:24 PM

I'd get a cheap honda for like $400-500 and bring it to a empty lot and just go nuts.

That 500 will be a hell of a lot cheaper than installing a new clutch or ***** in a Porsche

can confirm, trannys are expensive.

i think i'm in the wrong thread...

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Feb 12 2014, 10:32 PM

I've only done a few things, most notably BC Racing Coilovers and a Kevlar clutch. Eventually I will be looking at swapping motors, but right now it's not high on priority list. I will say though, these 2jz's are pretty much bulletproof. Great motors.

You betcha! I had a buddy run a 1JZ in DMCC, stock internals apart from stage 3 cams, and he had a giant single setup running around 500hp all day. And by all day, I mean drifting around corners, so bouncing of the limiter, and he had no problems with it. They say the 2JZ's can take about 900hp before you have to break it open and beef it up.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Feb 12 2014, 09:49 PM

Yeah, Im relatively new to cars but its time to search for one. And with the red background on the Honda emblem, I was referencing how ricers paint it red even if they arent japanese imported Hondas  :lol:

I know the aftermarket support for the Civic is arguably the best in the world and that is why I am considering buying one. Hondas and VW's are the most reliable cars out there. Im considering a Jetta TDI because Diesel is at least 10c cheaper per litre and its more efficient. They are absolute tanks with MPG aswell

Who told you VW's were reliable? Did this person own a new one?! :lol: They are like Eagle Talon's, if you have the money then they can be the most reliable cars on the planet, but for those people that don't, just turn the other way!

You want reliable and cheap go Civic, you can't go wrong!

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 12 2014, 09:13 PM

I'm in Florida so they hold up well.

I want to do like me and my dad did with the last one we had. Swap the engine with a SR-20, put in a T28 turbo and a Silvia swap engine harness and body kit. My dad had a realllll nice one that I helped him build but he ended up selling it. It'll likely cost around 20k to get things where I want them

Oh just magic to my ears I hear! And that's awesome being done in Florida, can you ship me some Civic hatch's and 240 shells please!!! I'll send you some rusty...whatever's! :D

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Feb 13 2014, 08:36 PM

Who told you VW's were reliable? Did this person own a new one?!  :lol:  They are like Eagle Talon's, if you have the money then they can be the most reliable cars on the planet, but for those people that don't, just turn the other way!

You want reliable and cheap go Civic, you can't go wrong!

I live in a small town in Northern Canada. VDubs are one of the most reliable cars up here :lol:

And German Engineering :wub:

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Toyota and Honda are the way to go unless you are making enough to afford the big name cars.

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Feb 13 2014, 09:34 PM

I live in a small town in Northern Canada. VDubs are one of the most reliable cars up here  :lol:

And German Engineering :wub:
It's not that they're not reliable, it's that they're fucking incredibly touchy and when they give problem they are a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE moneypit. They legit cost 2x-3x what it costs to fix a Honda or Nissan.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

my '06 corolla >>>>>>>>>>>>

In comparison to Honda and Toyota...well...there is no comparison, Volkswagen doesn't measure up.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Feb 13 2014, 08:38 PM
my '06 corolla >>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh I thought you had a fishing boat Blink

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Feb 13 2014, 09:38 PM
In comparison to Honda and Toyota...well...there is no comparison, Volkswagen doesn't measure up.
Honda and Nissan for me but Toyota's got some nice shit too. Tongue

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 13 2014, 09:44 PM

Honda and Nissan for me but Toyota's got some nice shit too.  Tongue

Personally I would never drive a Camry or Corolla, I think their for grandparents, but I'd drive an IS300 all day, which of course is a branch of Toyota. Their reliability and longevity is crazy. But that's just me, I have major pride and ego issues and driving a four door Toyota isn't up to par with said ego.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 13 2014, 09:37 PM

It's not that they're not reliable, it's that they're fucking incredibly touchy and when they give problem they are a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE moneypit. They legit cost 2x-3x what it costs to fix a Honda or Nissan.

ight, Civic it is most likely. Im thinking mid 90s/early 00's? Im going to be putting a shit ton of work into it in auto class.

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Feb 13 2014, 09:48 PM

ight, Civic it is most likely. Im thinking mid 90s/early 00's? Im going to be putting a shit ton of work into it in auto class.

I had a 1995 EX Coupe and still regret selling that car.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Feb 13 2014, 09:38 PM

unless you get a decal that says "Das Beast" or "volkSWAGen" Wink