Create Account

S43 PT #5 - Draft Class

S31 draft class is going to be looked upon fondly. There's been a lot of great members from this class. I remember back to the SMJHL draft, with everything so new, that was over two years ago, it was a really special time. I really have a special place in my heart for the other first gens of S31. I don't want to say "we're the best" because that's what everyone says about their draft class, but we are some pretty good members. It's funny, because in the SHL, I haven't played with S31ers besides Isaac Kaiser. I had a hell of a time in the juniors with the Halifax Raiders, and then in the SHL with New England. I won championships in the first seasons with both teams, it was incredible. My draft class will be ranked up there near the top for a long time because of the folks we developed.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 08:00 AM by Slowpoke.)

I think the S31 Entry Draft will forever be one of the most impactful drafts in SHL history. 60 straight picks before the first team took a pass is amazing. What’s more amazing is the amount of future HoF players, and all-around stand outs that were taken that season. The class is beginning to decrease as regression and retirement begin to take their toles on the players, but there are still some outstanding players left on the ice. Taken 1st over all was Pietra Volkova, who better to be the figure head of this class, but if you look farther down the line you will see some perennial all stars as well. Jason Attokallo, Zach Evans, Brennan Kennedy, all taken in the 1st round. Even as far as the 3rd with Corey Bearss and in the 4th, my personal favorite Vasily Horvat. There were of course some busts, but that’s true with every draft. S31’s class may end up being the most influential draft class ever.

[Image: horvat3.png]

S39 was in some ways, one of the best draft classes in recent memory. A massive winter reddit draft which brought in a heavy influx of Offensive Defensemen. It reshaped the land and had many people who were taken early that didn't pan out, but a surprising amount of depth and a gifted drive to make things happen. So much so that even before the S39 SHL Draft, this new batch of freshly minted SMJHLers produced a group of individuals who seeked to end the long dark offseason that awaited the likes of those who either missed or lost quickly in round 1. These guys would build the World Junior Championship with a little help from established individuals. Many of us would get our feet wet here with the tasks of GMing and have since gone on to be GMs at the SHL, SMJHL, and IIHF level as well as be big time players on many of our teams.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

My S39 class was a reddit draft so ended up being a pretty large draft. Looking back I think we have some real high end talent but there were also quite a few people who either disappeared altogether or didn't quite live up to expectations. I'd say the leaders of this draft class would be guys like Brady MacIntyre, Gary Grease, Bob Bergen, Mikhail Lokitonov, Demaricus Smyth, and Liam O'Callaghan, and I'm probably forgetting a few as well. These guys are all high TPE earners and have been very involved in the community, some by becoming GM's, some coaches, and some other ways as well. At the time of the draft it was said that this one would be a real strong class for defenseman and a bit weak at forward, especially center. This kind of put a premium on forwards I think and ended up leading to a few draft disappointments. In the end though I think we had a pretty solid class and it's been fun going through the leagues with these guys.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

My draft class was in S38, it was considered to be quite a weak draft if I remember correctly, the main #1 overall target was Crutch from the start. From what I remember, we've never been one of those draft classes who continue to write articles about the draft class every... single... season. The majority of the players in the draft have not yet broken into the SHL yet, most of the players are on the brink of doing something great for their team and becoming a serious threat. The 1st overall pick, Crutch, retired about a season ago and it seems that the "best player" from the draft likely goes to remaining players like Bobby Watson and Dermot Lavelle.

As for where Lyndis Vakarian fits, from a historical standpoint probably not a great pick. I'm not the type of person to keep up in TPE due to my own effort and willingness to do PTs and PGS feigns from time to time. I'm hoping to have a few successful seasons due to my build knowledge but I'll probably be known as a player that was drafted for being good in the LR rather than TPE gain.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

The Season 20 draft class is one of, if not the, strongest of all time. It's hard to think of a class where as many new draftees joined the site and grew into legendary players, GMs, and more. My previous player, Nathan Russell, was drafted 7th overall by the New England Wolfpack, in what was a huge draft for the team - the team had already picked up Ben Reid at 3rd overall and Nicklas Wickstrom at 5th overall, both of whom would play alongside Russell when the team won their first cup in Season 23. The draft class was incredibly deep - even the fourth round had amazing players in it, with Hall of Fame goalie and general manager Jakob Tanner drafted at 38th overall, and Jets legend Elyk drafted (by the Wolfpack) at 48th overall. Almost everyone from Season 20 has retired, but their legends live on - nine have already been inducted into the Hall of Fame, including Nathan Russell who went on to win four cups with the Wolfpack.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

S39 Draft Class everybody in this draft class is useless. A bag of pucks would of done the league better than all the players this draft class brought. Just kidding. The S39 Draft class, as many others have already poignantly pointed out was the 2017 Winter Reddit Class. As such the Reddit drafts, the S39 and S42, the only ones i've been here for so far, are bringing out the hopeful youth. With guys already in high level management roles like @caltroit_red_flames, @ml002, @FlappyGiraffe, @Nobody, @CptSquall, @Dangles13. Over the 10 months, yea its been 6 seasons and 10 months already, we have seen things like the World Junior Championship make a triumphant return almost each of these individuals has a ring and/or a medal to their name thus far and that is just the start of many. Their are already other names that have mad a historical impact on the league, cough cough Asspancakes cough. But long term I'd like to think that the S39 class is going to leave something better than a skidmark on the league and the way these users and their players are tracking to be some of the best ever, especially since Cal is on pace to get close to breaking Jason Visser/ToeDragons TPE Record.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

One particularity of the season 39 draft for me is how many of them are currently my teammates in Toronto. Ti-Guy Emond, Mikhail Lokitonov, Bob Bergen, Richard Physt, Carter Manning and myself, Anders Christiansen, are slowly becoming the team most valuable players. We also had S39 draftee goaltender Tommy Tuck with us until he was traded at this year's trade deadline.

The most impressing player already earns more than 1000 TPE. Among those, Brady McIntyre, the Edmonton Blizzard defenseman, is the one who earn the most TPE to this date. Another player in the four digits for TPE earned is Viktor Marius of the Buffalo Stampede, who ended up being suspended for using performance enhancing drugs after he was caught claiming TPE he didn’t earn resulting in an unneeded league wide outrage that last for a whole week.

Finally, the most disappointing player from this draft, SMJHL superstar FORFEIT, was taken first overall by the Texas Renegades. They clearly didn’t learn from their mistake in the S39 draft, since they pick him again in the first round of the following draft with the same underwhelming result.

186 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Recently there has been use of the word "worst" a lot when it comes to referencing a few recent draft classes that slipped below par, specifically the S37 draft as highlighted by ERM's article.

I immediately thought: "They clearly have never seen the atrocity that was the mid-S10's" and, specifically, my own draft-class of S19, and I'm here to put my case forward.

Let's start by looking how many players, active or inactive, played in important positions (meaning an average of 20 minutes a game) and for how long:

1st - Ryan Sullivan (7 seasons)
2nd - Martins Daugavins (6 seasons)
3rd - Zallerras Szlerchek (17 seasons)
4th - Jackson Weekes (8 seasons)
5th - Colin Schmidt (11 seasons)
6th - Miikka Granlund (0 seasons)
7th - Jonathan Kane (5 seasons)
8th - Marek Vyskoc (0 seasons) Yay go me
9th - Dymo Ranjan (9 seasons)
10th - Liam Kinsler (10 seasons)
11th - Ken Spiak (2 seasons)
12th - Aboud Chamas (3 seasons)

Late Rounds:
14th - Nicholas Flamel (5 seasons)
15th - Kaspars Tsizling (9 seasons)
17th - Tyler Hartman (2 seasons)

And that's it. Of the 36 picks made in the draft, 13 players, 36%, of the class played any meaningful SHL hockey, and that includes seasons spent inactive as filler on a tanking team, of which accounts for roughly a third of the seasons counted.

In reality, there are only three skater here of any importance: Szlerchek, Kinsler, and Marek-, I mean Titsling. Goaltenders in this class are a little harder to read, as Weekes, Schmidt (of the weaker Colin variety), and Ranjan all held lengthy-ish careers but all three I believe waned in activity mid-cycle, thus making their numbers inflated.

Kinsler would earn 557 in 808 games as a career Renegade, Tsizling would block 686 shots in his ten seasons, and Szlerchek would play in 908 games getting 718 points in the process, not to mention 2256 hits. Goalie stats are little harder to list out in this format, so how bout I just give you their 3S stats? Weekes - 46-23-15, 66-44-24, & Ranjan - 33-31-8.

So perhaps not the worst draft class in history, but definitely shallow enough to have "diamond in the rough" qualities scattered throughout.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

PBE PT

Considering the S33 Draft had Veli Kalinpaa aka the non-active Tanner as the 1st OA pick it shows how our draft class has panned out. I was picked in the early 4th Round by the Manhattan Rage which ended paying off for them as I became active and helped them win 2 Challenge Cups. Zarnakad Abes a former Aiden Trophy winner for Most Improved Player is from this draft class as well was picked by the Renegades and is now on the Steelhawks trying to win his first Challenge Cup. The most impressive has to be a tie between Zander Rhys and Chris York both were drafted by Toronto but Rhys ended up parting ways with the Stars moving on to the rival Steelhawks and has built an impressive resume, York has been the franchise guy for the Stars winning a Cup for them since his time with the team. Overall, pretty mediocre draft in terms of longevity.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

[Image: S43_CLAS.jpg]

[Image: HansSHL.gif]

10-05-2018, 09:54 PMHarry Hans Wrote: [Image: S43_CLAS.jpg]

Holy shit this looks so clean. Very nice

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I'm part of the Season 42 draft class from a couple of months ago. Our draft class is packed with talented players, especially defensemen. A lot of the SMJHL's scoring leaders right now - including the regular season points leader, Boris Denisovich - are from S42. On the ice, I'd say the best players from our draft class are Denisovich, obviously - but also players like Troy McClure III, Buck Maverick, Rafe Ulrich, Charlie Schieck and Ēriks Skalbergs (aka me). Off ice, there are also plenty of interesting personalities. McClure III, Tokek Takshak, Noah Nowes, Geoff Moore and David Kastrba all stand out in terms of character, they're really cool people. I think that a lot of the players from our draft class will end up being stars in the SHL - some of us like McClure III and Geezus Kryyst have already made the jump - I could even see some of us making it into the HoF. We'll definitely work to try and become one of the best draft classes of all time.

The S43 class is the flavour of the moment and for good reason. Not only were there a huge number of new recruits due to it being a reddit draft there were also a number of high quality recreates available in the draft as well. Along with already well known Leshaun King, Luke Thomason and Tig Murphy there were returning faces in people like Goku Muerto, Max Maudlin and Jax Aittokallio. Due to this the influence of this class is likely to be felt for the better part of the next ten to fifteen seasons especially when it comes to wingers and centers as s43 was absolutely packed with high earning players in these positions. An area that could be lacking is on the blue line as there was a shortage of top quality defensemen and even among the best there have already been a few that have gone inactive but only time will tell if this turns out to be a problem for SHL teams in the future.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]