Create Account

S45 PT #4 - League Ownership

PBE PT

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

Dom Montgomery, if in a different universe wanted to own a team, might target buying the San Francisco Pride if it was somehow magically still in debt once he has more name recognition, since that was the team he was drafted to and he likes the sun/LGBTQ acceptance in San Francisco. He would get the most talented and innovative people for management and be hands-on at first, wanting to make sure everyone had what they needed, before stepping a foot or two back to let them do what they do best. He'd make sure the locker room for both opposing and home teams were nicer, maybe talk to businesses around the league and figure out how to get fans down there more often to help the community outside of the arena thrive. He would make sure that the community felt like the team was part of them and vice versa, so he'd hire creative minds to get that job started and really make everyone feel included in the Pride.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

PBE PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

I think if I was looking into becoming an owner in the SHL, I'd have to buy the Toronto North Stars. I spent a rather measly 5 seasons as a Co-Gm and Head GM but I've also played for over 15+ seasons with the Toronto North Stars with two different players. Simply put it'd be the team that would make the most sense for me to buy out of every other team. In terms of how I'd manage, I think I would let the current GMs continue to make moves as they wish (assuming they don't break any dumb rules like tamper).The goal for owning the team would be to win more Challenge Cups and raising the overall value of the team considering the fact that the team is in Toronto and it's net value should likely be among the top 3.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

NSFL

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Once my playing career comes to an end I would be most interesting in joining the ownership group of the Detroit Falcons. I am a big believer in the importance of the developmental leagues for the kids coming up. Not only do they provide the obvious hockey knowledge that players need but also experience of how life on the road goes. I don't think I will amass enough from my career to buy the Falcons outright, so I would look to form an ownership group with other previous Falcons along with outsiders in order to avoid an old boys club. In the Falcons' time in the league they have done well with their well balanced approach so I would leave the coaching staff as it is. I would pump more money into scouting. I went undrafted in the SMJHL draft and would like to think that there are at least a few other teams that wish they could have drafted me. Because of this I think there are some diamonds in the rough out there that are just waiting to be found. In conjunction with this, I would spearhead an effort to start hockey programs in areas around Detroit that do not have them. This will help produce hometown young guns that can join the Falcons roster in the future and increase revenue through creating new hockey fans.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

For me it's an easy decision to go after my current team and buy the Pride. While the value is absolutely in the tank right now, they have a lot of young and promising rookies that are improving a ton every year and look like they're going to develop into an exciting hockey team. The value of this team can be expected to sky rocket in the coming years as they look to start winning cups and become a consistent competitor after years of being near the bottom of the league. The team believes that it's a matter of time with them due to how young their team is, and how willing they are to take on team friendly contracts in order to win.

San Francisco is a great city with a lot of with a lot of discretionary income, and it's a market that's just waiting to be tapped into with an exciting up and coming team

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

I am the kind of person who likes a project. I am not always into fixer uppers, but the idea of being able to make a lot of money from putting in some elbow grease and turning things around sounds great to me. For that reason I would go with the San Francisco Pride. To start with I should say that I think Grapehead is a great general manager so I would not be replacing him. He banked on a player and lost that gamble, but I that can happen with any player so I do not blame him for that. He hit on a few great players such as Luke Thomason and Petr Vrana so I see a lot of great moves there. The biggest change I would make is being more aggressive when it comes to signing players. At this point we aren't sure who will stick around after their rookie contract is over, I would ask for longer contracts for their second contract to help keep players with the Pride.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

high quality PBE PT incoming

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

I decided to go a different path and instead of purchasing an existing franchise and dealing with change there I instead used my wealth to purchase a new expansion franchise in New Orleans. As a SHL player I've saved a lot of my money recently so by using my wealth I was able to bribe the league office into giving me a franchise. Being a team owner now I have to do whats best for my team and having a brand new team I can change stuff around however I feel fit. All the awards will be named after Roman Augustus, the great forward, and number 22 will be immediately retired in his honor. It's the right thing to do. The locker room will only have 1 rule, you touch the statue of the great one on the way to the rink before every game. If you present a chicken parm to it in honor you will receive even extra good luck.

162 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

PBE PT AndrewWarren13

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

[Image: T8pQTBr.png]

[Image: Jepox.gif]

PBE PT

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2019, 02:36 PM by AW13.)

PBE PT

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2019, 02:51 PM by jRuutu.)

I would buy Toronto North Stars, but before I actually buy the team I´m going to spread rumors how I will move the team to Montreal if I end up being the owner in the future. That will get a nice buzz going around the team and media all over the hockey world will be following. Value might drop suddenly, more so the closer I get to the owners office, but as a new owner I feel like it´s my job to come in hot and show everybody that new guy is in town, I would then go through with the plan of moving the whole organization and team to Montreal. Value might once again drop little bit, but the media attention and attention in general will surely make up for it soon.

Depending how the players and staff takes it, I will fire everybody who are not on board with the idea of moving to Montreal, those who are willing to fight and stay will get to stay as long as performance on the ice is good enough. Overall, I will be a tough, but fair owner who operates in the shadows, but still comes out fairly often without any filter to share his opinions. General manager with the coaches have full power on doing moves and improving the roster if they feel like it. I will take care of the arena and fans interactions. We will build a new arena by the way, so that is going to take most of my time in the beginning anyways.