Create Account

How to resolve "I only want to play here" Players

Quote:Originally posted by jaladolar@Jan 7 2015, 01:23 AM

Banananov isn't refusing anything lol.

And Schultzy, I can't see anything else past the first season. Is there a rule I'm missing? Because as it is the player can stay below the SMJHL cap and play in the juniors without signing a contract, and then get redrafted.
They can't play in juniors. They're the property of the SHL team that drafted them and they can't be sent down without a contract. They don't play anywhere.

Also, how many times has a holdout lasted until the player reentered the draft the following season? Once?

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Schultzy@Jan 7 2015, 02:29 AM

I don't see why a holdout wouldn't be treated as a qualified RFA.

And teams have until the trade deadline to sign players. It's only if the holdout lasts past the deadline that they re-enter the draft.

I'm not saying it would be unreasonable, but to my interpretation that isn't the rule. A RFA is a free agent, meaning their contract ended. A draftee is not a free agent. The rule for draftees is not the same for RFAs, to my knowledge. I wouldn't be against them merging (or something similar), but I don't think you're correct on them being RFAs as of now. Maybe Spangs or Park could clarify.

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Jan 6 2015, 10:33 PM
This drama is boring compared to tampering. Someone do something stupid again

I have video footage of Bojo hitting on a horse.

And getting shut down.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Quote:Originally posted by jaladolar@Jan 7 2015, 01:27 AM

I still feel it would be too subjective. Have TPE guidelines maybe? I don't have anything against a 3 year term on the limit of the 'RFA-period' as that's what most rookies are, but an equal trade doesn't make sense. The biggest reason I can think of is a 12th and 13th pick are two different rounds. You take a player you know a team is going to take in the second round with the first pick and you get a first for a second rounder on another team.

Maybe have it so 150-200 TPE is a 3rd, 200-250 is a 2nd and 250+ is a first? Something that's static and can be counted on for each seperate case.

But just as you said earlier, TPE is not always indicative of value to a franchise. So putting this static scale on it doesn't work either. Myers is worth a first in this draft class (a second in your scale), but Pentecost is worth probably a 3rd in this class (a first in your scale)

I get the point, but it's too limiting to do it this way.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Quote:Originally posted by Schultzy@Jan 6 2015, 10:33 PM

They can't play in juniors. They're the property of the SHL team that drafted them and they can't be sent down without a contract. They don't play anywhere.

Also, how many times has a holdout lasted until the player reentered the draft the following season? Once?

Still not a big enough deterrent for a casual member. They can still train and AC so they're not killing their progression. It's a tough road to go down because you either hurt new members who aren't hardcore, or you open the door for vet members to exploit a system because they're petty.

Quote:Originally posted by jaladolar@Jan 7 2015, 01:33 AM

And getting shut down.
Everyone has that video.

Quote:Originally posted by jaladolar@Jan 6 2015, 10:33 PM

And getting shut down.
Intriguing. But not a surprise. Something else?

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Jan 6 2015, 10:35 PM

But just as you said earlier, TPE is not always indicative of value to a franchise. So putting this static scale on it doesn't work either. Myers is worth a first in this draft class (a second in your scale), but Pentecost is worth probably a 3rd in this class (a first in your scale)

I get the point, but it's too limiting to do it this way.

Yeah it's a slippery slope. There's no way for all groups to be happy, but there is ways to make one happy.

tl;dr

Just ban them.

I saw Frank post in here and my stomach fell. inc troll I knew

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jan 7 2015, 01:33 AM

I'm not saying it would be unreasonable, but to my interpretation that isn't the rule. A RFA is a free agent, meaning their contract ended. A draftee is not a free agent. The rule for draftees is not the same for RFAs, to my knowledge. I wouldn't be against them merging (or something similar), but I don't think you're correct on them being RFAs as of now. Maybe Spangs or Park could clarify.
My interpretation of the current system is this:

If I were say the GM of Hamilton and I drafted say Franklin Trey. And he told me he wasn't going to sign a contract. I would send him a one year contract offer meeting the minimum requirements. He's now been qualified. If he wanted to go to another team, I would accept the contract they negotiate in which case he would now be under contract for Hamilton or accept the draft pick compensation from the other team for the contract.

If Trey didn't sign any contract by the trade deadline then he would reenter the draft and I would learn a valuable lesson.

I don't see how a player not under contract, not meeting the definition of UFA, could be anything other than an RFA.

The reason this NEVER happens. Is because teams either trade picks or trade players. They also scout players and find out their preferences.

Riot Player Page Riot

Quote:Originally posted by Schultzy@Jan 7 2015, 02:57 AM

My interpretation of the current system is this:

If I were say the GM of Hamilton and I drafted say Franklin Trey. And he told me he wasn't going to sign a contract. I would send him a one year contract offer meeting the minimum requirements. He's now been qualified. If he wanted to go to another team, I would accept the contract they negotiate in which case he would now be under contract for Hamilton or accept the draft pick compensation from the other team for the contract.

If Trey didn't sign any contract by the trade deadline then he would reenter the draft and I would learn a valuable lesson.

I don't see how a player not under contract, not meeting the definition of UFA, could be anything other than an RFA.

The reason this NEVER happens. Is because teams either trade picks or trade players. They also scout players and find out their preferences.

I think that sounds reasonable, I just don't think it's the case. I don't think unsigned draftees are RFAs or UFAs, they're rights to that player for the season until they re-enter the draft. Something entirely separate from FAs or normal player rights. But maybe not.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jan 7 2015, 02:00 AM

I think that sounds reasonable, I just don't think it's the case. I don't think unsigned draftees are RFAs or UFAs, they're rights to that player for the season until they re-enter the draft. Something entirely separate from FAs or normal player rights. But maybe not.
As I said. That's my interpretation of the current system which that, along with nobody has given me an example of a holdout reentering the Draft, is why I can't figure out why this is an issue.

Riot Player Page Riot

As a new member and a rookie I understand the issue of having people drafted to a team they " dont want " to play on. I myself for the last month have been scouting SHL teams where I thought I would be a good fit. I have also been contacted by my 3 top choice teams GM's. And I have in my perspective told them all my thoughts opinion and wishes to if I would like to or not be drafted to them.

This is a fantasy sim league and although it is meant to have players widen there knowledge and meet new people. Chances are you will be playing there for at least 3 years which means, basically you are active in the LR and talk to your team mates. With out activity and something to keep you engaged activity will trail off.

Being a 35 year old married father of 2 I have zero interest in spending the next 6 - 8 months in a LR room filled with :homo: emotes, gay slurs and mental disability comparisons. I find this language high offensive, degrading and just fucking childish. I know a lot of you are probably still in highschool but even then it was not cool.

So to be drafted to a team where for example where that talk is the norm, really wouldn't make any sense to me as I would probably just stop logging in. This is one example of the make your team desirable comment at the being of this post that struck home. Yes I did " denounce " Texas a little while ago, although I did mean what I said about not wanting to be a part of that, I still would play there if drafted.

To sum it up, although the " I only want to play " here comments are BS. You as GM's and players ( team repetitiveness ) portray the light your group of guys are seen in. When you act like childish twits it may not appeal to players to want to align themselves with you.

This rant is not directed at any one person but it may add some insight into peoples thought process on destinations.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Quote:Originally posted by jaladolar@Jan 6 2015, 10:45 PM
I saw Frank post in here and my stomach fell. inc troll I knew

Stop labeling me! Surrender