Create Account

S40 Championship Week

TASK ONE
Play by play commentator, Kevin Hart: Ladies and gentlemen welcome to game 1 of the S40 SHL Playoff Finals between Calgary and Minnesota. Tonight we have a special guest color commentator with us, none other than Edmonton Blizzard defensive prospect Brady McIntyre. Brady why don't you give us some of your thoughts on tonight's game.

Brady McIntyre: Hey Kevin, you know they got those little sausages in the waiting room? The little cocktail sausages, and they just let you have em! As many as you want! It's just! It's incredible! I think I had like 6 or 7 of them already...

KH: Alright, what do you think about Calgary's super star Joe K.?

BM: Joe is probably one of the greatest guys I've ever met, if I had to choose one team to win the cup, it would be team Joe and nobody else. Cause you know I love that guy right? I really do, he's like my dad but he doesn't tell me I can't stay out past 10 at night or I'll be grounded.

KH: What about up and coming defenseman Roman Augustus?

BM: I don't want to talk about that guy.

KH: Okay... Who do you think is the key player for Minnesota if they want to win the cup?

BM: Logan motherfucking Money Jensen. He knows how to skate and do all that other shit you gotta do to win at hockey. Plus he's a center and that's a pretty neat thing about him that most people don't know.

KH: Alright Brady. Well we're gonna go to break now so that means you can go eat more of those little sausages and I can go find a new color commentator for tonight...

TASK TWO
The unsung hero so far in these playoffs has to be Ben Dover. It's not often that you see a defenseman leading your team in points, but with 4 goals and a team leading 11 assists and 15 points, you know that Dover did his part to get his team as far he could. The Hamilton Steelhawks may not have made the finals, but I don't think you need to make the finals to have a successful season. Hamilton has a lot of up and coming players, and with Dover leading the team in minutes played with 305, you know the young guns are being taught good habits on the blue line. Going 7 games is nothing to sneeze at either. You can bet that the Steelhawks will be back next season with a vengeance, ready to make it to finally make it to the finals next season, with Ben Dover leading the team in minutes played, points, and shot blocks again.

TASK FOUR
Forum PM Sent

TASK SIX
Between the two goalies in the finals, (Richard C. Hocolate for Calgary and Olli O'Koivu for Minnesota) Richard C. Hocolate is the clear better goalie. Over the course of the games they have played Hocolate has won the save percentage battle. Hocolate has a .922 sv% and O'Koivu has a .909 sv%. That's a pretty significant difference between theme. To back this up, Hocolate leads the league in goals against average at 2.57 and O'Koivu's is 2.79. That different is not as big, but it's enough for me to say that this post season Hocolate has been the better goalie. I don't think the small difference between the goalies is enough to decide the series, but special teams are. Calgary's penalty kill is running at 81.82% while Minnesota's is only running at 72.06%. I think this difference in special teams is enough to combine with having a better goalie and say that Calgary will be the team the hoists the cup this season.

TASK NINE
Forum PM Sent

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

TASK FOUR (sent)
TASK NINE (sent)
TASK THREE
[Image: YptJUDQ.png]
TASK SEVEN
[Image: rmc0Rkx.png]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

TASK THREE:
[Image: JAp0gy0.png]

TASK FOUR:
PM SENT

TASK SEVEN: Design a comical fan sign that you might see in the stands during the Cup finals. Must include one player name, a number, team logo OR team colors, and a slogan or text.

TASK EIGHT:
[Image: K0vdZSw.png]

TASK NINE:
PM SENT

Deadline: Tuesday, May 8th, at 7 PM EST.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

TASK ONE:

Hello and welcome to the final of the SHL championship. I am Julian O'Sullivan, goalie of the Vancouver Whalers and the failed New England Wolfpack, who totally did not make it to the finals this year, because they really didn't play me enough. Ok I will be honest with you guys, this team could have used me better and they could have gotten to the finals. I can't lie, I had a few drinks before this and so I am a little bitter. I COULD BE DOWN THERE RIGHT NOW ON THE ICE, PLAYING IN THIS GAME. I COULD BE WINNING A FUCKING TITLE DOWN THERE AND BEING THE BEST GOALIE OF ALL TIME, THE FREAKING GOAT YOU UNDERSTAND ME?! Whew, sorry guys, had a short blackout, anyway, back to the action on the ice, should be a great series between two very great teams and we will see who wins the title this year!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Task 1
Dude: Welcome back to SimhockeyNBC with I’m The dude and here with a special guest non other than the other rookie sensation Logan Money Jensen

Logan: Hey Dewd glad to be here and watch some hockey
Dude: You do know your playing in the game right?

Logan: Oh yea of course Go minny were here to win and most of all party
Dude: erm ok well where do u as a team set the bar

Logan: Oh we’re ordering from the bar well in that case I’d like a martini one of every flavor and a glass of water hold the water

Dude: There’s a bar downstairs but as a player wouldn’t you want to go out there sober so you have a sense of awareness

Logan: I just like to feel good when I’m on the ice and going out there Faded is my preference and why we won the cup out in St. Louis

Dude: well I’m dude and this will most likely be my last time on air
Task 3
[Image: z7UYpLQ.jpg]
Task 4
Pm sent to Pris

Task 8
[Image: pOQ9tdq.jpg]

Task 9
Pm sent to Pris

Task 4 Pm
Task 9 PM

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Task four:

PM

Task five:

[Image: WWWqVMm.png]

Task seven:

[Image: MBEstXg.png]

Task nine:

PM

[Image: D6T4tiy.png]  [Image: 5cVzKxa.png] | [Image: LWLEHdF.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png]  [Image: D6T4tiy.png]
[Image: xwSUfzz.png]

[Image: aMvKdGW.png]

TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

Jon Toner: Hi Folks, I’m Jon Toner, one of your special guest commentators tonight.
James Johnson: And I’m gonna… no I’m not… yes, I’m gonna puke.
JT: Uh… we’re proud to bring you this Game One of the SHL finals, featuring The Minnesota Chiefs…
JJ: And the Dragon Calgarys. Calgary Dragons.
JT: James, what stands out to you about tonight’s matchup?
JJ: Well, you look at the Dragons, what’s the first thing you notice? There’s two of each of them. That’s a bold strategy, bold like keeping a whole bottle of tequila to yourself. But The Chiefs, they’ve got a very, very, very, very, very… what was I..? Oh. Very, very, very smart plan to stop this. They’ve got two goalies. How do you score on two goalies? You don’t. It’s like my friend, Higgins, old Higgly, Higgsy, Higginsly, Higgs, he always says: Stop leaving your empties in my locker. Jon?
JT: Thanks James, that was very insightful.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

When we talk about unsung heroes, I always like to look outside of the finals. Those players in the finals are getting sung an awful lot. It’s the guys who pour their heart out on the ice, only to have it cruelly smashed to pieces who deserve more praise. This year, I want to talk about Hamilton Steelhawks defenseman, Ben Dover. What a playoff this blueliner had. Hamilton counted on him like no one else, and he racked up over 25 minutes a night. Despite being a defenseman, he led his team in points, at fifteen, posting more than a point per game. Even with the fatigue of playing so many minutes in competitive playoff hockey, Dover still threw 23 hits. Even more punishing is his team-leading 22 shots blocked. Dover is a warrior, and it’s a shame the playoff hockey gods weren’t kinder to him. It seems like the only thing he didn’t do was fight.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. avoopktsmmsia
2. kdiogdaaser
3. cujzirkeekows
4. srkovoobhdfireo

See PM

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

Look, I don’t want to insult Olli O’Koivu. He’s a great goalie, and He’s had a great run in this playoff tournament. But, there’s a reason Dick Hocolate is my mom’s favorite goalie. Well, there’s two reasons - save percentage and goals against average. I’m talking 92.2% and 2.57 goals against, respectively. Chocolate has been on a different level in these playoffs. They say your best penalty killer has to be your goalie, and Hocolate has to be the first place you look to explain the 81.82% penalty kill the Dragons have posted, as opposed to the 72.06% we’ve seen from the Chiefs.
Hocolate really has no weaknesses, there’s no where you can shoot on him that he isn’t ready for, no shot that will force him to give up a bad rebound. As long as they don’t need him to play the puck, he’ll lead the Dragons to a victory.

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

1. Who is the Minnesota Chiefs’ only historical winner of both the Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan trophies?
2. Which two Western Conference teams have the Minnesota Chiefs defeated in the Finals to win Challenge Cups?
3. Who were the Dragons’ first two inductees into their team’s Hall of Fame in S6?
4. What is the Dragons’ Jesster Award awarded for?

See PM

2:
After looking around for an unsung hero, I've decided to nominate Roman Augustus. Defencemen won't get much praise on a team like the Calgary Dragons, which is known more for their incredible forward depth than anything up their own end of the ice. It would be impossible, however, for the Calgary Dragons to have gone very far without the assistance of Roman Augustus. At 3 goals and 8 assists, he was the equal leading defensive points accumulator on the Calgary Dragons, equal to Adam Kaiser, a player generally considered much better. Roman Augustus also pulled 51 minutes in the playoffs on the penalty kill- the highest among defencemen on his team, and the second highest behind only Randy Randleman. Roman Augustus also put up 32 shot blocks; this was the most shot blocks by anyone in the league during these playoffs. He won't be getting the attention that players like Joe Kurczewski, Dani Forsberg, Mike Izzy and Richard C. Hocolate are getting, but he'll know he did his part.

4:
PM'd

5:
[Image: QrogNCA.png]

6:
I think if the Challenge Cup final is going to come down to the goaltending battle, it's going to be Richard C. Hocolate and the Calgary Dragons coming out on top. For starters, Richard C. Hocolate has simply performed much better these playoffs. Firstly, he's had a 2.57 GAA to Olli O'Koivu's 2.79 GAA. Then, Richard C. Hocolate's 0.922 save percentage these playoffs is light years ahead of Olli O'Koivu's measly 0.909. It's also worth noting that between the two of them, it is clearly Richard C. Hocolate that has been putting in exceptional effort this post season; Richard C. Hocolate has clearly stepped it up over his 0.903 save percentage from the regular season, whereas Olli O'Koivu has been no better than before. Finally, Calgary's defence has simply done a better job of protecting their goaltender this season; Richard C. Hocolate and his backup have had to deal with more than 100 less shots than Olli O'Koivu has. If these trends continue, Richard C. Hocolate could absolutely steal some games.

9:
PM'd

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

Mike: Hello everyone and welcom- what the... Vakarian? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on the ice readying up for game 1 of the Simulation major junior hockey league finals?
Vakarian: Aye, but someone told me that I was invited to help broadcast game 1 and I'm here!
Mike: But shouldn't your teammates be awaiting you on the ice? You're an important player after all!
Vakarian: Nahhhhhh, they won't miss me anyway. They're too good of a team to lose. Besides, I got my friend to come play for me, she looks totalllly like me and my teamates won't realize until they step on the ice Smile
Mike: Is that alcohol on your breath? Is that allowed in the Kelowna Knights policy?
Vakarian: Depends.... who wants to know?
*From the background
VAKARIANNNNN, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!
Vakarian: Ah fucking hell-oops I mean fudging hell, I'm on national TV now. I gotta gooooo!

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

The unsung hero of the S40 Playoffs is Mike Izzy. Izzy was 4th on his team, the Calgary Dragons who won the Challenge Cup, for scoring and was in unsung compared to Dani Forsberg, Joe Kurczewski, and Louie Garett. Izzy had 6 goals, 11 assists, for a total of 17 points in just 19 games. Getting points in the playoffs is never easy, and for a relatively younger player in Izzy, to be a key contributor is impressive. Izzy also had the 2nd most hits on the team with 50 and was a key PP contributor for the Dragons as well. But we mustn't forget Izzy's greatest strength. The online spellchecker. Who can face the a team in the finals when your game is constantly under attack by Izzy constantly correcting you on your poor spelling and grammar. It's just like Marchand's licking and kissing in the NHL. Izzy demoralized the entire Minnesota Chiefs by simply fixing their spelling. What a legend. #Izzyapproved #nut <a href='index.php?showuser=2585' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Coach Biz</a>

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

DONE

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

DONE

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

‘Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the conclusion of the fortieth SHL season where the two final contenders – the Calgary Dragons and the Minnesota Chiefs - will battle to determine who takes home the Challenge Cup. Joining me for the beginning of what will no doubt be a thrilling series will soon be skating on the ice in the SHL for the very first time – this is Howie Dewitt.’

‘Do what?’

‘It’s... your name.’

‘What about it?’

‘It’s Howie Dewitt.’

Do what?

‘I-... never mind. Howie, it’s great to have you here for the broadcast, now tell us, as somebody who is about to enter the SHL next season, what are your thoughts on both teams?’

‘Well Chet-’

‘It’s David, actu-’

‘When I look at these teams I think “wow” – you know what I mean?’

‘... In a good way or...?’

‘Yeah, sure. They just say “wow” to me and I think to myself “yeah, that’s what I think of those teams” so I’ve gotta do with my gut instincts here and say that the Montreal Impact will win this one.’

‘... Do you know what year it is?’

‘Look, you might have doubts, but I think Sparks Lightning and Dean Banger are going to steal the show here tonight as they have done all season.’

‘... Alright then.’

In the midst of the celebrations, it can sometimes be difficult to look past the obvious stars of a Four Star Cup victory. In this case, the Kelowna Knights fans have turned their adoration towards Jacob Dorty, who stands head and shoulders above all others after a series of impressive performances in the playoffs. However, he wouldn’t have been able to deliver them alone; he needed the assurance that only a solid defence can bring.

Step forward Patrick Brumm Jr, an overlooked yet key figure in Kelowna’s campaign. While he may not have the most impressive points return (1 goal, 8 assists) they show that he’s the steady, solid team player needed for a real shot of success. His 13 hits and 11 blocked shots tell the tale of a man determined to get hold of the Four Star Cup, and willing to put his body on the line to do so. It’s with his ilk that any team can hope to succeed, even if they don’t necessarily get the plaudits and the spotlight while they do so.

PM'd

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

Prior to the SMJHL playoffs, Sebastien Primeau has allowed no more than 28 goals in a desperate attempt to see his side through to the Four Star Cup finals. The Detroit Lions haven’t had an easy journey through to the aforementioned finals after they needed six games to defeat the Montreal Militia and a further five to beat the St. Louis Scarecrows. Primeau has been no stranger to a shootout in each of these games with an average of 2.5 goals allowed per a game. Despite this, however, Primeau has shown himself to be a fierce foe to be reckoned with through his 352 saves across 11 games with every minute played, which have allowed his fellow Falcons to play their expansive, attacking style of play ahead of the Four Star Cup final. The fact he and his team have conceded 28 goals across 11 games, however, is a major worry and his team must shape up if they wish to win the Four Star Cup.

PM'd

For me, the unsung hero of the playoffs has to be Calgary Dragon player Adam Kaiser. He was not the most offensive player on the Dragons with 11 points in 19 games, including 2 goals. On the defensive side of the game, however, he was probably the best guy out there. His plus/minus of -1 does not reflect his defensive efforts. Adam Kaiser was 2nd in blocked shots in the playoffs as a whole with 29, only behind fellow Calgary player Roman Augustus. Not only that, but he was 1st in hits with 75 hits in 19 games. That's a lot of body throwing for a guy who also lays down to block shots. He even had a shorthanded goal, and for all the hits he threw, he took much less. He landed 75 hits, but only took back 22. He definitely did a good job of avoiding checks considering that he had a target on his back from his physicality. With those reasons, Kaiser should be the unsung hero of the playoffs.

TASK THREE: Create a magazine cover showcasing one of the players who will be competing in the finals. Must include at least one player render, player name, a magazine title, and at least one story preview/headline.

TASK FOUR: PM Sent

TASK FIVE: Create an infographic breaking down and comparing the teams’ performances for one of the games of the finals. Must include at least five sim statistics and both team logos.

The winner of the goalie battle definitely has to be Richard C. Hocolate. Dickie Chocolate dominated in the crease with a 92.2% save percentage, which was the best of any goaltender in the SHL playoffs. The next best, Texas' Rudnikova, did not even reach 92%. Not only did Hocolate hold the best save percentage in the post-season, but he also held the best goals against average. He had an average of 2.57, which was a little better than Ekaterina Rudnikova's 2.60, but combined with Hocolate's save percentage, those are dominant numbers. Dick Chocolate's performance gave the Calgary Dragons only 50 goals against in their 19 games played, which included only 19 being at home. Hocolate was a beast on home ice, and was probably the main reason they went on to win the cup. When you look at Minnesota's goalie Olli O'Koivu, his numbers were a lot lesser. He had a 90.9% saves as opposed to Hocolate's 92.2%, and his goals against average was 2.79 as opposed to Hoc's 2.57. That just was not good enough to live up to Calgary's goaltender.

TASK SEVEN: Design a comical fan sign that you might see in the stands during the Cup finals. Must include one player name, a number, team logo OR team colors, and a slogan or text.

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S40 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.

TASK NINE: Trivia! PM Sent

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

WORD SCRAMBLE PMED

TRIVIA PMED

[Image: p11PaXU.jpg]

Announcer: Well folks, it's game one of the Challenge Cup Final series between the Minnesota Chiefs and the Calgary Dragons. Tonight's game proves to be an exciting one. These two teams played each other twice during the regular season and Minnesota won both games, one in the shootout, but I wouldn't count the Dragons out just yet. Here to tell us why is West Kendall Platoon forward Mikko Linna. Mikko, what do you think this Dragon's team will have to do to find an edge against the Chiefs.

Linna: Well, Bob. Dragons are scary. They're big and scaly and they breathe *hiccough* they breathe fire. FIRE! So this team should just breathe some *CENSORED* fire balls at those Minnesota bed wetters.

Announcer: *uncomfortable laughter* Wouldn't fire balls met the ice, Mikko? Kinda need that. This is a hockey game after all.

Linna: Have you ever heard of beach hockey, Bob? Because in Florida, we play beach hockey. On sand. And do you know what happens when you heat sand, Bob? You make GLASS! And what does glass look like? ICE! It looks like ice, Bob. There we go. I fixed it.

Announcer: Alright, well. That was Mikko Linna with some...colorful commentary before tonight's game. We'll be back right after a quick break. Stay tuned.

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S40 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.

[Image: 9VpN2JJ.jpg]

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Isak Odegard is my choice for unsung hero of the S40 Challenge Cup Playoffs. While Odegard's Chiefs were unable to win the Cup for the second year in a row, the young defender stepped up big this post season, and was a integral part of the Chiefs' deep playoff run. Isak Odegard was the first overall pick in S36, and he's beginning to become the franchise defenseman that he was projected to become. Playing in Minnesota's top 4, Odegard is logging heavy minutes, and put a respectable 11 points in 20 games. Where Odegard shines though, is in the defensive zone. He had 29 shot blocks, which lead his team, and was second in the league, only behind Calgary's Roman Augustus. Odegard showed a physical edge in the playoffs as well, adding 33 hits. While not the most flashy player, and perhaps overshadowed by the likes of Sebastian Strange, Lord Pretty Flacko, and Alonzo Garbanzo, Odegard is an up and coming talent who is starting to make his mark in the SHL.

TASK THREE: Create a magazine cover showcasing one of the players who will be competing in the finals. Must include at least one player render, player name, a magazine title, and at least one story preview/headline.
[Image: 5lJrc9c.jpg]

SENT

[Image: bGfnVlX.png]

SENT

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

task 4 & 9:

PM'ed

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]