Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Pre Series Analysis

10-05-2018, 12:30 PMI Am a Coupon Wrote: Montreal Militia vs. Colorado Raptors

- What player do you expect to be the difference maker and why?

For this series I believe that Colorado can still dominate even with their recent trade away.  The Militia will take the first two games and then once Colorado wakes up they will win the next 4 straight. A player that this depends on is Alex Winters, the leading scorer, the last 10 games of the season he slowed down in the scoring but he bound to bring it back up and light up these playoffs.

Now that's bold prediction if I've ever seen one. Colorado losing a guy like Kimmy is huge. I find it real hard to believe that they could still edge out a team that has Mason Hudson, Pavel Pivonka and Petr Vrana but anything can happen in the playoffs. Still, my money is on Montreal. Their 6th seed magic hasn't failed them in a while. Alex Winters may be Colorado's only chance to make it past the Militia.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

10-07-2018, 03:43 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
10-07-2018, 01:23 PMml002 Wrote: Kelowna vs Detroit

A player I expect to show up big is my boy Benjamin Blue. With a suspect defense in front of him, he'll need to be at his best, but the former goalie of the year has shown that he is more than capable in the past.

Who do you expect to win the series? Blue has been really good behind a rough defense, but do you think that's enough to get the Knights past the Firebirds who have a guy like Robinson in net?

Honestly I think both teams are pretty similar Detroit's defense is only slightly better than Kel's. But I think Kel's forwards have stupid good chemistry (look at Deng/Vlad line over the season and King/Rafe line since the trades) that I think their offense is good enough to get them past Detroit

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Platoon vs.  Steelhawks

I think that both of these teams are very talented and have a shot at beating the other, with that said I do feel that Hamilton is slightly better the West Kendall. I think that if you take into account the incredibly strong forwards and defenceman that Hamilton has it overshadows their one pitfall: their goalie. And that isn't to say they have a bad goalie, he is just inexperienced as this is his first season in the SHL.

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Hamilton VS WKP

I think that we will see Sami Owens as the difference maker in this series, as his dynamic play in the offensive zone will be too much for the platoon to handle. Look for Owens to put up huge point totals this playoffs.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Buffalo Stampede vs. Minnesota Chiefs  

To predict how this match up will play out. We must look at the historic numbers of these two teams, Pre-1800 60,000,000+ Buffalo, 1900 ~300 Buffalo. However the buffalo's rebuild is proceeding nicely with ~360,000 Buffalo. I would say the Chiefs still have the edge here and will chase the buffalo off a cliff once again. 4-2 to the chiefs

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 05:23 PM by Your Mothers Favorite Goalie.)

:jets: v. :dragons:

The Dragons struggled to get into the playoffs this year, but dont let that fool you. The defending cup champions are a grizzled veteran team that thrive on the postseason. I think this one is going to go the distance, all 7 games, but in the end I have to give the edge to Calgary for their grit and experience

I think for the LA Panthers match-up, its going to 7 games. I think both sides have been fantastic with Seattle having some good players. Though (biased) I would expect the Panthers to pull out with their defense goal tending being a little better.

[Image: vikian.gif]

In the WKP vs Hamilton series, I think the overall strength and depth of the Steelhawks roster will make the difference. They're loaded up front, they're loaded on defense, and their rookie goalie has hit the ground running in his debut season. Over the course of the season, they showed time and time again that they were capable of winning consistently and for long stretches, and it seems like this could be the year where their hot streak happens at just the right time.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Detroit Falcons vs Kelowna Knights

Benjamin Blue is the player to watch in this series. Detroit's goal scoring has been middling at best throughout the season--if Blue has a blow-out series, he could easily carry a high-scoring Kelowna first line to round two of the SMJHL playoffs.

Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks vs West Kendall Platoon Platoon

The first round match up in the 43rd SHL season between Hamilton and West Kendall appears to be the series of the round on paper. 

The homer in me says that West Kendall will sweep the Hawks but the pragmatist thinks it's likely that Hamilton will take it in six.

The key match ups for me will be how Hamilton deals with the Platoons second line. Forsberg and Light have been killing it all season and if they can get it going the hawks could be in trouble. Hamilton meanwhile we be hoping their blue line can carry on their regular season form as Phelps, Owens, Dover and Westbrook outscored all but the first liners so look to West Kendall to try and put pressure on the point. 

The weaknesses are few but basically opposite for each team. The Platoon need their first line to start firing on all cylinders if they want to get passed a very good Hamilton team. Kryyst is in net and as a rookie I would be expecting WKP to try and get inside his head early in the series. The Hawks on the other hand badly need the forwards outside of the first line to contribute if they are going get through the vastly experienced Bojo Biscuits and have any hope of having a tilt at the cup.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets

Looking for a break out player against the dragons, in the Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets series is easy. Corey Bearrs the least talked about of the Jets Seasons 31 class, but with his 53 points and his 147 hits make him one of the most dangerous.

Words ~48

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

10-07-2018, 03:56 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
10-05-2018, 10:21 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: Los Angeles Panthers vs. Seattle Riot

This should be a close contest between two evenly-matched teams. However, I'm going with the Riot in 6. They've been on form over the back end of the season.
Alexander Zajac is my key player. He's an underrated talent who's just had a great season.

So true, Zajac has been great as Seattle's 1C. I wonder about his future success though. He's reaching his peak at what seems like the tail end of his career. The depth of Seattle is going to have to come up big, otherwise I'm afraid Zajac may not get a cup for he retires which would just be a tragedy.

buddy, Zajac is an S36 player. He doesnt regress for another 4 seasons.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

10-07-2018, 07:44 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
10-07-2018, 03:56 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: So true, Zajac has been great as Seattle's 1C. I wonder about his future success though. He's reaching his peak at what seems like the tail end of his career. The depth of Seattle is going to have to come up big, otherwise I'm afraid Zajac may not get a cup for he retires which would just be a tragedy.

buddy, Zajac is an S36 player. He doesnt regress for another 4 seasons.

Yep, and we're in 43, only three more until regression. I hope the Riot are able to put something together that can win a cup before he regresses!

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

10-07-2018, 04:03 PMml002 Wrote:
10-07-2018, 03:43 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Who do you expect to win the series? Blue has been really good behind a rough defense, but do you think that's enough to get the Knights past the Firebirds who have a guy like Robinson in net?

Honestly I think both teams are pretty similar Detroit's defense is only slightly better than Kel's. But I think Kel's forwards have stupid good chemistry (look at Deng/Vlad line over the season and King/Rafe line since the trades) that I think their offense is good enough to get them past Detroit

That's a good point, I haven't really taken Kelowna's acquisitions into account. Are we looking at a 4peat here? :zoomeyes:

Buffalo Stampede vs. Minnesota Chiefs
How do you see that match up playing out?

It think this match up will be a close one for the chiefs. Both teams had great performance this season but the really strong offensive strategy of the chiefs will be the little edge for them to win this series. Can't wait to find out who starts the first fight, the chiefs lost control quite often in the playoffs of last season.