Create Account

S46 PT #1 - SHL! True Hollywood Story

The story of Gordie Boomhoover is that of someone who on draft night didn't even know if their name was going to get called. It took 86 picks before Gordie's name was heard at the SMJHL draft, and then in the following SHL draft he was taken 12th overall. Gordie moved up 74 spots in the draft, but why? Behind the scenes showed that even after draft night Gordie didn't know if he was going to be in the league, but after a few conversations with teammates and management he made the decision to stay. Gordie then went on to become one of the key players in St Louis's eventual Four Star Cup run. The Story of Gordie is one filled with ups and downs, and a lot of teammate support along the way. For those who don't know of him, they soon will as he is set for a long, successful career.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

A Phenom Like No Other – The Michael Abdalla Story

From the moment he stepped on the ice wearing the blue and white of the Montreal Impact in the SMJHL, Michael Abdalla had press raving. Considered one of the best prospects to ever declare for the SHL draft, the team who obtained the first overall pick could do no wrong. An obvious choice was generational forward Michael Abdalla.

The Vancouver Ice Wolves were the lucky winners of the Season 4 lottery, their ball being pulled for that coveted first overall spot. Fans in Vancouver went mental, the team that had recently come from Wisconsin, and had not had much success in their first city or their current home. Abdalla was going to change all that, he was their savior.

The first season in the SHL was successful for Abdalla. He would put up 32 points in 37 games for a weak Vancouver squad – he would not win Jesster honors, mind you. That would be awarded to Joshua Botelho – and proved that he was Vancouver’s top line centre in just one year of play. Another year later however, he was gone.

Michael “Deezy” Abdalla would spend one more disappointing season in Vancouver in Season 5 and then tell the team and their fans that he had no interest in playing for a losing team in what was a small market at the time. He would turn his eyes to free agency and garner one of the biggest Free Agent Watch moments in SHL history. The phenom would take his talents to Toronto and immediately find success with linemate JJ Krever. He put up 57 points in 60 games that first year.

Abdalla thought of himself as quite the big shot, one of the most popular and famous players in the SHL. Achieving unbelievable success in only 3 seasons. But that would all come crashing down as in Season 7 Abdalla would be suspended indefinitely by the SHL for violating its substance abuse program (It was actually tampering but for the sake of a hockey story we will say substance abuse). With 44 points in 37 games so far that season and 27 goals, he was looking forward to taking home the goal scoring honor and possibly the league MVP. Toronto had clinched a playoff spot, fans were ecstatic and couldn’t believe Abdalla was a North Star

Abdalla never played another game in the SHL, after failing multiple drug tests, he went into hiding from the public eye. He popped back up as a small time player agent for some good forwards in the SHL, but he never recovered from his scandal. 4 seasons in the SHL, he was poised to be looked at as the single greatest SHL forward of all time. Instead he is just a blip in history that many forget

He is one of the most fascinating SHL stories and one of the greatest falls from grace.

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

In tonight's "SHL! True Hollywood Story", hear the sordid tale of how Johnny Sins, the "Elite Sex Haver" of the Anchorage Armada, left behind his sordid world of sin and joined the SMJHL as its newest and most burning prospect in decades. For years, his life was nothing but booze, women and videotape. But one day, on a clear summer morning as he was working off his Elite Sex Haver HangoverTM, he had an epiphany. He was no longer going to be an elite sex haver, but rather, just like his grandpa, an elite hockey player. He strapped on his skates, walked down the street and jumped into a cab for the airport. While the rest of the hockey world enjoyed their offseason, Johnny put in the time to retrain his thigh muscles not to pump but to skate. His arms not to tenderly caress but to clap bombs. The rest, as they say, is history.

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: Anchorage.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]

[Image: vE2xRO8.png]

[Image: Wp8pgen.png]

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

NSFL PT

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Where in the world did Brennan Kennedy disappear to? With his prodigy of a hockey player offspring, Brennan Kennedy Jr making his debut in the SHL this season, the question what be asked, what happened to the elder Kennedy?

Brennan Kennedy was a part of the very popular S31 class. He joined the SMJHL and was drafted the next season by the Steelhawks, when he eventually made his debut in the SHL, he took the league by storm. An elite playmaking 2 way winger, Kennedy was a one of a kind player that trained like no other until one day he was just gone.

What happened to him? Some say he was taken by the mafia for unpaid debts, others say he took off as the influx of fame was to much for him. Will we ever know for sure? Who knows, but we will do our best to get to the bottom of this in this Hollywood Story.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 08:00 PM by luke.)

Trade: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=78700
Gm's @Baelor Swift

SFP(Portland) gets:
Cleo Green
William Goddard
MIN S40 3rd[Traded to WPG]

MIN Gets:
Veli Kaalinpaa*Portland retains $2,000,000 of Kaalinpaa's S36 salary

First lets get into the Trade.

SFP gets
Cleo Green: former 1st round pick had a bumpy spot, and getting traded to SFP has really grounded Cleo and since he got traded to SFP, getting into the lineup since S37-Present. Cleo has turned into a limited role of a grinder, not getting a lot of TOI, but he gives it his all out there. In the 9 seasons he has been with the squad, he has only recorded 4 points, 3 of those coming from his 1st season with Portland.

William Goddard: only spend 1 season with SFP, but then got traded/let go after the season.

MIN gets
Veli Kaalinpaa:

Hasnt played a game in the SHL

So in the end, SFP/POR has clearly won the trade getting Cleo Green for the past 9 seasons, being a staple of SFP for a long long time

@Grapehead

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I want someone to write the story of my first player, because I am the best. I came into the SMJHL as an unknown, drafted late in the SMJHL entry draft. I proceeded to lead all Whaler rookies in points on the way to a Four Star Cup victory. From there, I eventually became GM of the Texas Renegades, bringing a cup back to the Lone Star state. On my farewell tour, I was traded to Manhattan where I was able to bring the Big Apple a cup and posted over a point per game. Ever dominant as both a player and GM, I knew what I wanted and went and got it. I was a dominant force in both the SHL and the IIHF, bringing team USA their first gold in a while as captain, as well as many other medals as well. It was never a story of if, but when in my first career and I'm hoping to emulate the same success in this current iteration.

The story I’m going to share is the story of the simulation hockey league and Edmonton blizzard legend that goes by the name of gene Parmesan. Piloted by the great member 66lemieux66 named after the nhl great Mario lemieux I’m assuming, tbh I don’t really know. Parmeseans story is a great one but without stats off he top of my head I can only guess that he was a 6 time mvp and like 5 time cup champ or something. And if he wasn’t then the cup and awards were clearly rigged. Parmesan was named after the incredible arrested development character that went by he same name. And he was as good of a hockey player as a private eye. It’s an incredible shame that gene Parmesan is left out of the shl hall of fame yet players like Adam kylrad and Jordan nugent hall sit pretty on their pedestals. It’s also despicable that current and past blizzard management have refused to honor this great player, as welll as blizzard legend friedrich muller. Oh well, every shl history buff knows this name and that’s good enough for this reporter. #parmesan4hof

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

I want to see the True Hollywood Story of Goalie, Aleister Cain.  It's a story that seems very large and triumphant to me, but it may be inflated by my proximity to it.  The big thing before I joined was obviously him getting pulled from net in the cup losing game against Vancouver in S43 (while doing the Play by Play himself I've heard).  Then he came back strong with the back to back cup wins to end his J career that I saw first hand as his teammate.  After that, he truly entered into the SHL at the center of excitement.  Hopeful of eventually becoming the starting netminder for the strong Edmonton team, he ended up stuck behind Tommy Tuck.  However, the frustration was eventually paid back when he went first overall in the S46 expansion draft to play for his J coach, Joe K, in New Orleans.  The rest of this story is yet to be written as the Nola Specters play their inaugural season, but things are looking great for Cain who is near the top of most Goalie individual leaderboards early in the season.

@SlashACM  Cheers

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

While many of the stories have focused on the gritty "professional" stories of SHL legends, the story I'd sell to hollywood would be a blend of reality and fantasy, focusing on Gary Greases journey from mating with bears north of the Wall, to becoming an absolute rock for the Jets defense and a star in this league for countless years to come. How does a man affectionately known for his propensity for slaying giants end up being such a maestro on the ice sheet? Did the loss of "the big woman" push him towards a gentler trade to make his craft? Did he even notice a difference between the wildlands of the North and the cold tundra of urban Winnipeg? I feel like this movie could be the perfect blend of a harrowing war movie, a true love story, and a plucky feel good sports romp that the market is so desperately looking for. I'll be seeing all of you at the film festivals.

@FlappyGiraffe

*166 words*

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]

Not many know the story of the legend that is Fabian Furhberg, there may never be another like him, a man of sheer awesomeness and legendary play. A goalie so terrifying to look at that players are scared to shoot on him, that must be how he won that cup and playoff MVP right cause it can't be due to his skill. In S17 a young up and coming LA team was now mostly out of their rebuild and was a playoff competitor but not a favorite by any means. Their starting goaltender was Jamie Shetler who was quite good in the regular season and was supposed to lead the team into the playoffs. But he had a nervous breakdown or something and his play took a hit so the madman that is GM Wasty put in the legendary inactive 300 tpe goalie Fabian Furhberg in net. Together with Adam Kylrad annihilating the powerhouse that was the Edmonton Blizzard and then Shawn Velevra taking down the tyrant that was the great WadeyB of the Renegades they led the Panthers to the finals. There Fabian Furhberg took over easily dispatching the Toronto North Stars once again crushing Jkrevers dreams of a cup as Furhberg brought home the cup for LA and playoff mvp which is still the last cup LA has won almost 30 seasons later

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

The Season 25 SHL Entry Draft was supposed to be a gigantic turning point for the New England Wolfpack. They had a league-high 7 picks in the first two rounds, and with the league just expanding to 14 teams, some volume toward the top of the draft made it all the more important for them to draft well. Weeks earlier, New England had been essentially forced to trade away their first draft pick of Season 24, Buster Killington, after his multiple complaints about the locker room had reached a tipping point. Killington was in the newly formed Portland and watched Jasper Clayton, Lord Pretty Flacko, Zack Hoover, Chris Welch, and Jack Durden all get drafted by NEW. Within weeks, though, Hoover and Welch were inactive, and Flacko and Durden demanded trades. Although Clayton went on to bring a completely new wave of players in and win multiple Cups as a manager for New England seasons later, the turbulent mess that extended from the end of Season 24 through Season 26 due to management miscues is worth documenting in detail for new people to see. Considering the careers of Flacko and Durden especially, the fact that they very well could have been playing alongside Jasper Clayton for multiple seasons is scary to say the least.

03-01-2019, 07:56 PMluketd Wrote: Trade: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=78700
Gm's  @Baelor Swift

SFP(Portland) gets:
Cleo Green
William Goddard
MIN S40 3rd[Traded to WPG]

MIN Gets:
Veli Kaalinpaa*Portland retains $2,000,000 of Kaalinpaa's S36 salary

First lets get into the Trade.

SFP gets
Cleo Green: former 1st round pick had a bumpy spot, and getting traded to SFP has really grounded Cleo and since he got traded to SFP, getting into the lineup since S37-Present. Cleo has turned into a limited role of a grinder, not getting a lot of TOI, but he gives it his all out there. In the 9 seasons he has been with the squad, he has only recorded 4 points, 3 of those coming from his 1st season with Portland.

William Goddard: only spend 1 season with SFP, but then got traded/let go after the season.

MIN gets
Veli Kaalinpaa:

Hasnt played a game in the SHL

So in the end, SFP/POR has clearly won the trade getting Cleo Green for the past 9 seasons, being a staple of SFP for a long long time

@Grapehead

Kalinpaa was traded for as a retiring rental. He definitely played for us in MIN lol.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

During the offseason following S30, the SMJHL would be rocked to its very core by a group of hot shot prospects, and a no-name goalie looking to become famous. On the heels of one of the biggest draft classes in SHL history, the talk ahead of the S31 SMJHL draft was focused not on draftees, but a couple of holdouts affectionately known as “The Deplorables” to many. The group of players opted to sign together with the Detroit Falcons, creating one of the most notorious contract announcements in sports history, and cementing the Falcons heel status around the league, but the story didn’t end there. After failing to earn the starting job in Montreal, odd man out Jeff Kirkstone took it upon himself to make a big scene about the Deplorables situation. Kirkstone was the Falcon’s newest trade acquisition at the time, but he made a big stink and demanded his new SHL GM call him up immediately. There’s so much to this story that it would naturally be my first choice for a historic tale to be told on screen.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia