Create Account

Gorlab Ban Reinstated

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 8 2017, 03:07 PM

Question then, and I btw am not fully in support of this re-ban but my question is about why they should bother allowing someone who you even admit in this post doesn't want to participate in this league to be here if all they're doing is bringing negativity. He has every right to be here if he's not causing problems but if all he is going to do is cause problems the powers at he should have the ability to remove that problem if they see fit.

I have every right to go to a restaurant, I can talk poorly about that restaurant if I want and they won't stop me from buying food and partaking in their business, but if I decide to go, sit down, and scream at the top of my lungs that restaurant sucks dick and the food is full of bugs and the owner is a dirty cunt should they not have the option to deny me service if I'm creating a bad environment for the other diners?

I think there's a difference between being soft and being a masochist
Yeah you're right Maxy. To play devil's advocate here though, Gorlab is a long time member of the site and actually used to be a real contributing member here. Like a lot. I don't have to run down all of his accomplishments but basically we're looking at a dude who used to love the SHL, and now thinks this place is a shit hole. I don't agree with him but I understand the pain the guy is going through. Tbh I'm just sad that we couldn't get a contributing member out of gorlab when he returned. It's a loss for the SHL to be honest because the guy was hilarious when he was around, had 20 jobs, and made harmless shit talking threads that drummed up a lot of chatter and activity.

Sometimes he crossed the line and I'm not defending that. Just sucks to see another active go, especially one as tenured as him.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Being on he last van hammer of gorlab I just laugh as I knew this would happen. Now I was hoping he'd contribute to the league when he returned and learned his lesson. But damn. I missed all the drama :(

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

WE NEED DRAMA!!!! I mean seriously, the most posted on threads are ones with drama.

EVERYONE HERE SUCKS!!! We are all worse from knowing Kit, so everyone sucks.

THUNDERDOME BIATCH!!! < Has to be the thread with the most 'real' comments other than LR.

[Image: AZIpLsc.jpg]

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

what a *****

Discord are for plebs

[Image: tumblr_mb6pndtYQD1qddi5do1_r1_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mb6pndtYQD1qddi5do8_r1_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mb6pndtYQD1qddi5do9_r1_250.gif]

bye I guess

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

disagree with the ban but w/e.

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Easily could have re-banned him w/o an announcement and nobody would have batted an eye. Not many people knew he even came back after his suspension, but I guess the HO needs its seasonal shitstorm.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

commishes = worse than Goodell

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Feb 8 2017, 08:30 PM
Easily could have re-banned him w/o an announcement and nobody would have batted an eye. Not many people knew he even came back after his suspension, but I guess the HO needs its seasonal shitstorm.

I think it's established procedure to announce bans and suspensions, though, isn't it?

Also, no way would folks have not noticed, lol. He'd have made his own shitstorm on another sim site or in Discord and someone would've brought it to TD, and then folks would be all the more upset that HO hadn't followed precedent and announced the ban (and rightfully so).

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Feb 8 2017, 06:30 PM
I think quietly banning him again would've caused a bigger shitstorm once some opposed to the idea found out. Gorlab would've let someone know and then it would look even shadier that the HO quietly bans him

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Feb 8 2017, 06:48 PM

I think quietly banning him again would've caused a bigger shitstorm once some opposed to the idea found out. Gorlab would've let someone know and then it would look even shadier that the HO quietly bans him
i vote we ban wasty the sig god. his sigs are just too good, other people need to shine

Quote:Originally posted by TheLastOlympian07@Feb 8 2017, 09:52 PM

i vote we ban wasty the sig god. his sigs are just too good, other people need to shine

no banning wasty!

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by Kevin "Juice" Bieksa@Feb 8 2017, 11:25 AM

JP has abstained each vote Smile)
Woah I said no to the last one tyvm

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Also yeah I abstained because I planned a bunch of shit for the end of this month, so while I checked into HO, I didn't check the forum so I don't know what Gorlab has been like since be got back. I couldn't in good conscience vote yes or no if I wasn't sure of the context

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]