Create Account

Official car thread

Quote:Originally posted by MayTee@Dec 24 2017, 10:00 PM
Any petrolheads still around?

Kinda sorta. I used to be into my local car scene but i grew out of it as i grew up and my interests changed.

Currently driving a 2010 Jetta Sporswagen tho Smile

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

yessir.

2017 Golf R, bought it back in april.

When I picked it up.

[Image: bog9gwO.jpg]

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

[Image: UEsC5Ng.jpg]

2013 Volvo V60 D4 Summum, So it's got all the extra equipment like the bigger radio and better seats etc. I'm thinking about switching up doe because it's not an automatic.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Wish I could afford a nice car :( got an 08 Pontiac G6 for cheap. 3.5L V6 but still a GM transmission.

Would either buy a late 00's STI hatch, old Skyline R32, or Toyota MR2 even I get into working

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Ohtaay@Dec 24 2017, 09:03 PM
yessir.

When I picked it up.

Brothers got a gorgeous Royal blue one. Love driving that thing

Quote:Originally posted by Ohtaay@Dec 24 2017, 08:03 PM
yessir.

When I picked it up.

How much power she make?

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 24 2017, 11:36 PM
Wish I could afford a nice car :( got an 08 Pontiac G6 for cheap. 3.5L V6 but still a GM transmission.

Would either buy a late 00's STI hatch, old Skyline R32, or Toyota MR2 even I get into working

oh man, STIs are such a blast to drive. Whenever I'm done with my jetta sw, im gonna upgrade to an STI or WRX, no questions asked.

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 24 2017, 08:36 PM

Lmao thats hilarious you say STI, last winter I bought a first NA model '02 WRX sedan. I only payed $3500 CDN cause it had blown head gaskets, after doing the gaskets, a full brake job and fixing other things that were neglected I could have sold it for 10k easy but loved it too much. Idk if your a big Subie guy but in the wheel wells is where sand/water collect and rust starts, other than a couple little very unnoticeable spots its a pretty clean car. Its got 18' mags and before the summer started I got some nice summer tires, also it had a STI wing on it. Cosmetically it looks like a pretty regular Subaru but the motor just seems to put out way more power than it should aha. Its only stage 2 but hasnt lost me a race yet. Have taken down V8's, brand new STI's, beamers and quite a few other quick tuners. Civic guys wont even tempt me aha.

Also sick you would get into an older R32, a '69 GTR is my dream car but consider the coupes are at the very least 50k and i've only ever seen them in Britain. I guess I'll just save to settle for a 90s-00's R32 or R34.

This winter I'll be putting a new clutch in, new bigger injectors, a new header and some suspension upgrades (ie new struts out of a newer STI) and some other smaller things. My dad and I have decided that if its gonna continue to be a daily driver we're only gonna get it to around 450hp and stop.

Quote:Originally posted by Sleepy+Dec 24 2017, 09:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sleepy @ Dec 24 2017, 09:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

oh man, STIs are such a blast to drive. Whenever I'm done with my jetta sw, im gonna upgrade to an STI or WRX, no questions asked.[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Sleepy@Dec 24 2017, 09:28 PM

oh man, STIs are such a blast to drive. Whenever I'm done with my jetta sw, im gonna upgrade to an STI or WRX, no questions asked.
[/quote]

I dont know what direction you would go if you got one, but if you gonna buy one outright, get a WRX and put some time/effort with not too much money spent and you could have a WRX that could crush any stock STI out there.

Quote:Originally posted by MayTee@Dec 25 2017, 12:32 AM

I dont know what direction you would go if you got one, but if you gonna buy one outright, get a WRX and put some time/effort with not too much money spent and you could have a WRX that could crush any stock STI out there.

prob not gonna dump a bunch of money into it tbh and just drive it stock.

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 24 2017, 10:36 PM

I have a solid 07 Saturn Aura as my daily driver... my son calls it my Grandma Mobile

[Image: Wally.png]

Quote:Originally posted by MayTee@Dec 24 2017, 10:16 PM

How much power she make?

Just under 300.
Pretty fun car to drive! Having the AWD has been a blast this winter so far

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Sleepy@Dec 24 2017, 10:28 PM

You should check out that R tbh. I was in the same boat as you, and thought the STI was the car for me, until I drove the R.
Both great cars though for sure.

Quote:Originally posted by Ohtaay@Dec 24 2017, 11:55 PM

You should check out that R tbh. I was in the same boat as you, and thought the STI was the car for me, until I drove the R.
Both great cars though for sure.
The R is amazing, but even the GTI is a great drive. Golf's just drive so well

Quote:Originally posted by Ohtaay@Dec 24 2017, 10:51 PM

Just under 300.
Pretty fun car to drive! Having the AWD has been a blast this winter so far
Woah that's pretty impressive, and yeah AWD is awesome. My WRX I believe makes around 300 to the clutch. As far as winter driving, I know my car would be fine but I rather not chance messing it up so I got an Subaru Outback thats AWD and will go anywhere I need to go and is just as fun off roading/in the snow as my WRX is.