Create Account

S45 PT #4 - League Ownership

As an old man with a lot of money, I'd put it all into the Texas Renegades organization. After not making the playoffs for the past few seasons, they've dominated this past season (although not as well as Edmonton did), and will make some serious noise in the post season. Or they'll lose in the first round. Either or, successful season, and the team is only going to get better. One of the best, if not the best top 4 defense in the entire SHL, and it is only going to get stronger with the seasons that come. They also have one of the best young goaltenders in the league and currently boast the best 1-2 offensive punch of the 45th SHL season in Louie Garrett and Iam Essellemm. For a franchise that seems to be in the bottom for worth, it's a no-brainer to scoop them up and ride the wave of momentum to the bank.

I'd buy the Steelhawks, mostly because of my relationship with the team, but also I feel that they are likely to go up in value over the next few seasons and it would be a solid investment. When you see a team that is loaded up on draft picks for a draft that's expected to be the biggest and best of league history, it's a pretty solid investment getting on board with them. Another guy who I would probably try to get on board as a co owner or adviser of some kind would be Ben Dover (ThatDamnMcJesus), after Dover's very long career on the Steelhawks he has been in and out of the GM job, but ultimately keeps coming back to help the team. His dedication proves that even if he's not the GM, this team would benefit greatly from his involvement in making decisions.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I would prefer to take over a team that still as a lot of potential to grow with a few adjustments and not a team that already has a lot of earnings but a similar value. Increasing the earnings should lead to an increase in value. I would choose to buy the Manhattan Rage. Being located on the main island of New York City, one of the biggest cities in North America, the Rage has the potential to be one of the most valuable franchise in the league with a few changes. Firstly, an investment in the marketing department is a must, because too many people on the island don’t even know that there is an SHL team playing there. Secondly, we need to improve the game-day experience by having more entertainment during play stops. I would also reduce concession prices to encourage people to eat at the arena. Finally, I would order the GM to rebuild the team so we can finally have a core of players that can grow together.
172 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

So, specifying this PT to what your player would do changes a lot about this prompt. Personally, I'd buy the cheapest team with the least history, probably Buffalo, and move them to Chicago. But when considering what Koda would do, I think her character would entail her taking on her home team, the team she loves, and try to lead them out of their irrelevance. If it's Koda taking a team on as an owner, I think that what she'd be doing would be trying to activate the community around the team. It's a part of sports that most people don't really talk about in sim leagues, but I enjoy involving because I feel like when you build a team you need to build a culture. We see this within our LRs, but taking this PT as a sort of real life type problem would mean involving finding a way to engage the community. I think Koda would absolutely work on taking on that challenge in San Francisco and trying to genuinely develop roots there for the club.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

The team I would purchase would definitely be the West Kendall Platoon. Riding on the backs of the a championship title two seasons ago and back to back cup finals appearances, the Platoon have been largely successful and built a fan base against the odds, but in real life, I'm a Florida resident and even I had to Google where the city is. It's in need of serious rebranding, and the team could do a lot better with the backing of a city with more name recognition. It could easily stay in the region, we need more Florida clubs in ice hockey, but I think the team should be hosted in Miami, a huge city that draws tourists year round, and with a lot of residents who could be introduced to the game and become fans. And the team name would be changed to align with the logo, a bird logo, so it would be the Miami Macaws, a very tropical name to match with the tropical location. As for the roster though, the players and coaching staff have found tons of success and I would see no need for a locker room shakeup.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

I can guarantee you, Jakub Aittokallio, considering all he's done, would buy the Edmonton Blizzard. However, things have changed since Jakub was there. A lot. Jakub was there with the yeti logo with the nostrils that just made you a little uncomfortable. This wouldn't return.

You see, I'd make changes. That's guaranteed. The days of Tez fell apart quickly, two generations down and suddenly the team reverted to anarchy by my measure. I would tear it down to build it from the ground up in the image on the Blizzard dynasty of the teens and twenties. People need something they can respect and be proud of, the current Blizzard are a paltry excuse of what it used to be.

The most important order of business, however, would be in having something people are proud to wear. The jerseys are a lazy excuse for demolishing tradition. The traditional jerseys featured beige heavily and were beautifully designed. I would immediately work to revert these jerseys to be at least similar to those of the older days to draw back fans who wanted a respectable and smart franchise.

All in all, I think we'd make a lot of money in merchandising and marketing before it were all said and done. Then again, that's why I don't handle the big decisions like those, I just put a roster together.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

My path to ownership would be by targeting the San Francisco Pride. The Pride has not seen much success in its brief history and that lack of prestige will drive down the price. The lower the price, the more my ownership percentage can be. The more ownership, the more control. I love the Pride’s branding, so there is no changes necessary there. However, if I were to change anything I would lean even harder into the imagery the name provides. We would establish a social justice focused charitable foundation. From there, I would clean house. I would hire a new GM and together we’d hiring an all new coaching staff. From there, we’d evaluate contracts and make some difficult value trades. Hopefully we can stock up on the trade picks and draft a core to rebuild. It will be a slow burn, but with patience I think we can make the Pride into a powerhouse.

Words: 155

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2019, 06:55 AM by Psanchez55.)

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...7&st=0&#

[Image: 1542603263658.png]

I'd have buy the Pride. My first order of business is to rebrand them the San Francisco Sharks, and promptly trade for @Pingy Pingu so he'd be a Shark for life. In order to raise the capital to buy the team, I would go to China and commission a sweatshop to make stuffed animals of Pingy in a shark costume. They might not sell well in the states, but when I convince a K-Pop band to use them as their logo, people all over South Korea will eat them up, and then the weebs here will eat them up. At this point I can basically print money for a few weeks, until the next meme is here, so I'll buy the team right away. Once I acquire Pingy, the star of my plan, I'll have to build a new arena. What better concept than building a hockey rink inside of an aquarium? I had thought about putting a shark tank under the ice, but my lawyers said it really isn't a good idea. The only other thing I would do is to trade away all of the King army. This is the Bean and Pingy show now, gents.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

PBE LPT

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

If I was to buy an SMJHL team, I would definitely take over my own team, the Kelowna Knights. The Knights have an awesome leadership group, but need a new owner and some fresh faces in the front office aspect of the game. There isn't many changes I would make to the team, but I would replace the current media director of the league with storied broadcaster Warwick Ginther of the NSHL and Sydney Redbacks (IHL). Ginther is an outstanding color analyst and a major part of the recent success of both the IHL and NSHL and brings a whole new life to radio commentary. His impact on the game of hockey has been immense, and Ginther's storied history in the hockey world will bring a whole new generation of fans to the stadium of the Kelowna Knights, many just to listen to his soft and soothing voice ripple through their eardrums.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

I would buy the Buffalo Stampede. Buffalo is an incredible hockey market, and would draw a crowd regardless of team success. Buffalo is already profitable, even if they just barely are. They have good management in place and a solid crop of young players to build upon. This seems like a no brainer team to buy for the hands off approach, because the team already runs itself. The one thing I feel like Buffalo hasnt been able to do is lock down star players to propel them deep into the playoffs. With rumors of Atmey leaving in FA, my priority would be offering him a large contract with term, or go after a couple big names in free agency and possibly trade some picks and prospects for a top 6 forward. I would also like to change the culture in the locker room. Though the comradery iis great, some personalities should be reigned in outside of the locker room to make Buffalo a more attractive destination for those who aren't already there.

[Image: Crawfling2.png]

PT Share

[Image: vikian.gif]