Create Account

S46 PT #1 - SHL! True Hollywood Story

Newer Members

Jax Druggan came into the locker room with stars in his eyes, and not just because of the star studded locker room. Coming into the Whalers locker room, had signified that he had made the first major step in his career to ending up, like he always did in his dreams, in the major leagues. The SHL was so close, it is almost like he had been there before. He knew of what difficulties laid ahead, but for now he got to enjoy the company of some of the finest the SMJHL had to offer. Having an easy enough go of it from a young age, he battled through some minor injuries and a crowed draft in order to make it to where he is standing today. He feels like there is a call back to the SHL, like he has been there before, but regardless he is ready to make a splash on the big screen in theaters near you

[Image: Off.gif]

Newer Members

Jax Druggan came into the locker room with stars in his eyes, and not just because of the star studded locker room. Coming into the Whalers locker room, had signified that he had made the first major step in his career to ending up, like he always did in his dreams, in the major leagues. The SHL was so close, it is almost like he had been there before. He knew of what difficulties laid ahead, but for now he got to enjoy the company of some of the finest the SMJHL had to offer. Having an easy enough go of it from a young age, he battled through some minor injuries and a crowed draft in order to make it to where he is standing today. He feels like there is a call back to the SHL, like he has been there before, but regardless he is ready to make a splash on the big screen in theaters near you

[Image: Off.gif]

This next episode of SHL Hollywood edition delves into the legend of Cleo Green - the player, the meme, the legend. A basically deceased individual that overcomes the adversity if being really old and dwindling into only double-digit levels of TPE keeps finding contracts and ways to prove themselves over a long, long career. What is behind the player's seeming unwillingness to retire or pass on into the next life? What madness possesses some to continue hiring the player long after their usefulness? What kind of character is so valuable to keep around in the locker room? What blackmail might they have on a team's senior management? Or is this all part of the emerging meme culture, keeping around a player with no utilizable skills and deteriorated form simply forr a good laugh, and because they can? All of this will be answered in our next... SHL Hollywood

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Task: Whether its the story of the player.. the member behind it.. or both intertwined.. the journey through the SHL can be an interesting path! In 150 words or more, let us know what player/members story you would like to see made and why! Give the audience a taste of what that story would look like through your eyes.

What the SHL really needs is the true story of the rise and fall of the man, the myth, the legend himself... Clardy. Being one of the more polarizing players and managers of his time, it's way past time for his story to make it to the public. Our story starts with Clardy getting the job as the Seattle Riot General Manager and follow the series of trades he made that put Seattle in a position as a cup contender, but sacrificing the future of the franchise to do so. Then we can go through his firing and how his actions perpetuated long period of frustrations and struggles in Seattle finally ending in the franchise's move to Tampa Bay. I know that this story covers more than just Clardy himself and goes into tenures of other GMs, but it was his time as Seattle GM that really perpetuated and influenced the direction of the team for an incredibly long time.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

San Fransisco Pride: Hope, Tragedy, Perseverance. Building a Dynasty. 

A story about how great faith brought the franchise from portland to San Francisco after management drow the team to the ground. With a new management, determined to succeed. Through hardship and struggles they have to battle penalties from the league. We get to follow the management through the s43 SHL draft, the draft that is supposed to be the start of a new era for The Pride. How they select Leshaun King, there future Franchise center with the first over all pick, Luke Thomason with the 3rd over all and Goku Muerto with the 5th over all. They were supposed to be the core of the team. The thing that can not happen, happens. Leshaun King is in a car accident and dies on impact. Luke and Goku has to over come this tragedy but in the end it's too much for Luke. He requests a trade to get a freash start and now it's only Goku Muerto left. With a heavy weight on his shoulders, this is now his team, the only one left standing to bring the Pride to Glory.

[Image: knute.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2019, 04:27 PM by majesiu.)

PBE/NSFL Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

I might be a little biased here, but I think that the story of Osbert Whacker would make for a compelling tv biopic. His story basically has it all. It starts out with a star athlete on the journey to make his professional dreams come true, when all of a sudden that gets derailed. Now finding himself in the rubble of shattered dreams he turns to the bottle and is essentially drinking himself away to numb the pain. On a whim he goes to a foreign country with a friend who is about to embark on his own journey to realize his professional journey come true. The friend's aspirations actually become realized though and instead of be happy for his friend he just drinks more. He drunkingly stumbles to a near by hockey rink one night and watches some people playing hockey. On that day a new dream was born. Osbert Whacker starts a road to redemption beginning in the SMJHL with the Anaheim Outlaws and eventually gets drafted by the New Orleans Specters, something many people ruled out as a possibility.

[Image: wHACKER.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2019, 04:58 PM by TnlAstatine.)

Troy Reynolds -  raiders - @sharksisback

Man this Troy Reynolds guy has been a nightmare on and off the ice for a lot of players around the league already in his young career. This guys has made his career with his tongue Wink and it doesn't look like that is gonna stop anytime soon. If this guy was half as good at playing hockey as he was at chirping he would be the next McDavid. Unfortunately he is not but that doesn't mean he still isn't a great player (not everybody can be McDavid)! A slow start to his sophomore year with only one point this guy has gotta be writing another slanderous article to get himself into mid season form! A wild character which every professional hockey league so badly needs and he is a welcomed force here in the smjhl and cannot wait to see what more this smart mouthed little bastard has in store for us.

-oh baby 69-
nice

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Everybody's focusing on the oldies, I've got a story that'll make your head spin.

Jimmy Slothface: True Hollywood Story

Today we focus on one of the SHL's hot young prospects, Jimmy Slothface. From his humble beginnings in Halifax, to his late night benders with his teammates, Jimmy has somehow found a way to fly under the radar. Until today. The focus has always been on his rowdy teammates, and he's been portrayed as the face of the franchise who stays out of trouble, but is he really so innocent? Follow our edition of True Hollywood Story where we expose  Jimmy Slothface for what he is. From flipping a car, to the infamous Halifax nightclub incident, to pulling a gun on his teammate and threatening to shoot him, to participating in the coverup of a murder, we show you, the viewer, who the real Jimmy Slothface is. Believe me when I tell you, there are two faces to this franchise player.

Aleister Cain - The Man behind the Mask

The incredible untold story about a young man who dreamed of bigger and better things in the world of the SHL. Hear the stories that shaped one of the best goalies in the history of the St.Louis Scarecrows and current starting netminder for the New Orleans Specters. Cain who wanted to be drafted last just to be the best player to be drafted last, is set to tell all and share the most intimate details of his incredible life. Learn about how he got his cheesy nickname, the insperation behind his infamous mask, his most humiliating moment on ice, and even the shocking moment that changed not only his life, but even some of his close personal teammates. Some of these stories will make you reconsider what you think you know about your favorite hockey players. This is one story you DO NOT want to miss!

A truly tragic story, but one I'd love to see told, is the Marc Palicka story. A once promising hockey player, we'd see his early start as a high pick of the Detroit Falcons and then his selection by the Minnesota Chiefs, as his career seemed to be taking off. Building a reputation as a reliable and abrasive forward, Palicka seemed poised to make noise at the SHL level. Little did many know, Palicka had a secret passion for making noise - music. Away from the rink, he fostered his love of music by practicing his trumpet skills, which he considered to be just a hobby - that is, until a classic case of boy meets girl took place. With a smile, the girl playing the baritone stole his heart and his aspirations for hockey. He began skipping practice to work on his trumpeting, eventually giving up on the prospects of playing in the majors altogether, agreeing to stick it out as a 5 year junior player so he could remain close to the object of his affections. But when all was said and done, would Baritone Girl become Mrs. Palicka? We wait.

The movie soundtrack would be the entire greatest hits of Toto, played on the trumpet, and the title of the movie would be "Blow Hard, Love Harder." 

@BaseScoutX1

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

To me, as a complete newbie, I think Mr. Monkey D. Luffy takes the cake for getting a mini-documentary on him. For those who are STILL unaware: he came out of nowhere, being drafted in the third round of the S45 SMJHL entry draft, then he completely lights the league up among the rookie class. When he was drafted 4th overall, it was well deserved.

In short: his success was as expected as the Spanish Inquisition. 

As for already established players, guys like Esa Anrikkanen and Alonzo Garbanzo would be great subjects for fairly obvious reasons: both have been very influential to the league as a whole as the best forward and defenseman of all time, as well as being the most influential players of their times. Being relatively new, I don't know a whole lot on previous history (something I would definitely like to learn more about).

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

To me, my guy deserves his own movie.

Born in Delaware, where no one famous other than Joe Biden is from. A tall, husky dude who got bullied alot and turned that hate, harassment, anger and rage into a hulking, shooting and scoring machine in professional hockey. He takes everything, the abuse, the hard times and uses it to his advantage and puts it all into training and fighting as a pro hockey player. 

Off the ice, he is a gentle giant, like someone took away the Jekyll juice and suddenly they changed overnight. Like that dude from the WWE who ripped people in half when he heard a certain bell. Ok, that part probably isn't real but couldn't you just imagine it? A guy who goes apeshit when they hear a bell and destroys people in hockey? Vandy is kind of like that. On the ice, all business, off the ice, pretty chill dude. Probably gives back to the community in a meaningful way too.

The SHL! True Hollywood Story that I’d like to see the most is the behind the scenes bullshit that happened that caused my one time compatriot Zach Evans ( @ztevans ) to spur his home country of the United States of America, turning his spineless back on us and going to the evil Russians back in like, S31 or something very early in our careers. I know that for sure it was the Black Widow that was Pietra Volkova ( @Pris ) getting in our impressionable young Zach’s ear much too soon. It happened so quickly, that by the time we even realized that she was infecting the youngster’s brain with soviet propaganda, he was already transferring behind our backs. A young Joe Kurczewski fought for his American brother, but the damage was too far gone. Team USA decided that even if we proved Evans was brainwashed by the Russians, there’s no way we could ever be sure that he wasn’t a sleeper cell spy for them, so we decided to let him go. That’d be the best story we could put out there. (184)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Well obviously I am pretty new so I don't know older members. But I think Jimmy Slothface's story from the last year is amazing and worthy of a movie. He was a first year player who got himself picked in round one of the junior draft and that shocked a lot of people. Halifax had a wild year and liked a lot of players nobody else thought of, Perry Morgan is the same thing. It definitely worked out as those two were picked in round 1 of the big league draft. The really cool part of this that would be great for the movies would be that in his rookie season Sloth got co-GM of his team, which is crazy. Perry should be included too since he got coach of the Raiders and since they are both the same team. They really did a lot and went far for first years players and that's an interesting story for the big screen.