Create Account

S46 PT #1 - SHL! True Hollywood Story

SHL True Hollywood Story.

The Rise and Fall of the San Francisco Pride Dynasty.

It was a team with a destiny. The season 43 Draft provided the Pride with a wealth of talent and a strong recruiting corps of young members to bring in even more talent. This team was destined for greatness sooner rather than later and teams were taking notice. The Pride were a young group of players Jack Tanner, LeShaun King, Luke Thomason, Dakota Reid, Charlie Schieck, Goku Muerto, Jack Kennedy, Jeff Brogen, Vince Reaper, Steven Moyer, Richard Metcalf Jr, Sean Stevenson Jr, Ray Bork, and Xena. This team looked like it would challenge anyone at any time from about S48 until they all died to regression. But then the Expansion draft happened. LeShaun King, feeling alienated started the bleeding. He felt that he wasn't appreciated enough for the work he did and eventually he burnt out and hit a wall. "It was like LeShaun just hit a wall and stopped working" We tried to get an interview with LeShaun but he was skating around with a blank stare on his face like he couldn't even hear us. After that the team started to spiral, the GM's made moves to try to improve the team that alienated young defenseman Stevenson Jr, then at the S45 Draft the unthinkable happened. The team quit on Sean Stevenson Jr. Having pick 1 and pick 5 in the draft the Pride seemed prime to plug the hole left by the mental check out by LeShaun King and continue to build their dynasty. But there was a problem. The Expansion rules dictated that the team could only protect 3 defensemen. This meant that one of Isak Odegard, Jack Tanner, Charlie Schieck, or Sean Stevenson Jr would have to be exposed. The Pride started the offseason by picking 2 defensemen in the draft in Lockhart and Montgomery. Then in FA they brought in Fedor Shirobokov to help out in the top 2 pairings. With this they now had 7 Defensemen signed and Stevenson Jr could see the writing on the wall. He stopped applying the training he was getting and seemed to coast at very low minutes for the season. "You could see the depression on Stevenson's face, he just seemed like he wasn't wanted and he knew his GM was pushing hard for him to get selected in the expansion draft which made the whole season really awkward. Stevenson got quiet and seemed to accept that he wasn't going to be a part of the Pride's long term plans." Then it happened. Expansion night hits and the picks went as expected. Jack Kennedy to the Syndicate and Sean Stevenson Jr to the Specters. This as we already explained didn't hurt the defense any as his replacement was drafted in the season 45 draft. But losing Kennedy hurt in both the forward depth and in the locker room. Then the unthinkable happened. The heir apparent to LeShaun King's mantle as team savior was traded to the Manhattan Rage for some draft picks. Early season results are mixed due to the remaining members of the Pride potential dynasty but it is clear now that they aren't as far ahead of the pack as it looked like they would be back in Season 44.

A great story would be the story of one of the greatest goalies in the history of the league, Tommy Tuck. Tommy Tuck was the younger brother of now teammate defensive man Tor Tuck. However, Tommy Tuck’s story is one full of intrigue and excitement. Tommy Tuck came into the league as quite an unknown that many people even believed might just be Tor Tuck in disguise when Tommy Tuck was coming into the league and out on the town.

However, despite beginning his career in the shadow of his brother Tor Tuck, though at that time it was quite the small shadow, Tommy Tuck was able to make a name for himself like a star.

Imagine this no name goalie that slid down draft boards, eventually getting put in Toronto and left in the cold by former Edmonton management, only to eventually be reunited with his brother and recapture magic in Edmonton.

The Tommy Tuck story starts with some struggle, but there was a big moment of hope when Tommy Tuck was able to take Norway into the IIHF tournament and help the team bring home a medal almost exclusively on the back of his incredible play despite nobody believing in the team. However, the story goes deeper as Tommy Tuck would go on to bring a championship to the fans of the Edmonton Blizzard and have one of the greatest goalie seasons in the history of the league. These accomplishments would eventually net him a league-wide MVP.

@Muford

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Hailing from the Netherlands, Gordie Boomhover (@gordieboom) Had quite an interesting start to his young career. Coming from a Country which is not typically known for their hockey prowess, Gordie had to pave his on way en-route to the SHL. He did not have a fellow countryman to follow in their footsteps. Lucky for him, he has an amazing amount of talent paired with an incredible work ethic, Gordie seems to have all the tools to become the next SHL great. In the early years, Gordie was passed over, as he didn't have too much visibility, however he is sure to soon me a household name. Gordie made a real boom (pun intended) when he burst onto the scene in the SMJHL last year, as one of the leagues top rookies. He has become a leader on the St. Louis Scarecrows, and it can be assured that label will follow him to the SHL. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for Gordie in the next few years, as he is all but assured to become one of the leagues top players. That leaves us the final question, where will Gordie's destiny take him...?

[Image: Sig.jpg]
Scarecrows Fork Spoon Scarecrows                 Scarecrows Update Page Scarecrows

Placeholder

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

I want to see the story of how the S39 draft fell from grace. There are over 100 members in that class at the draft, though not all of them were active. One by one members fell off the map due to inactivity or retirement. From that has come one of the most important draft classes in recent memory with three members being GMs, five being involved in IIHF federation management, and several already having cups to their names. I'd want to hear specifically about @ml002, @FlappyGiraffe, @Nobody, and @Blastmeaway and how they've helped shape the franchises that they're a part of. I'd definitely want it to be more of a documentary style though. A Miracle style movie just doesn't fit with this sort of thing ya know? I want to hear about their players from the minor leagues all the way up to where they are today. There's definitely more to Bob Bergen's story than just "I woke up one day and was suddenly one of the best players in the league" and the same goes for the rest!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

I have always enjoyed a story about players that never became stars or were often overlooked but nonetheless were parts of some historic campaigns. I am talking those 3rd-4th line forwards that played this one season at a Cup winning team, those guys that scored cup winning goals but remained most of their career unnoticed. These stories show the real behind the scenes of a hard working ice hockey player that never really reaches stardom, yet remains a vital part of a team's success in some way.

I won't be original but I will point out the Latvian winger Intars Ogle which was my 2nd gen player. Never reached more than 500 TPE, Ogle was part of the Halifax Riders cup winning season and on the same season Ogle was called up as a 4th line forward for the cup winning season of the Hamilton Steelhawks, making him one of the very few players that have won both trophies in the same season. Ogle was a hard hitting forward with a low point production rate (0.2 per game), but nonetheless played a part in both teams.

In the end Ogle even joined the three cup club as he won a gold medal with the Latvian IIHF. Steelhawks raiders Latvia

Japanese goaltender - Keisuke Suzuki

Japan Timber

Former winger for Chicago Syndicate - Romualds Loks

Latvia syndicate Militia

Also a SHL, SMJHL and IIHF Champion with Intars Ogle

Latvia  Steelhawks

[Image: b6RVUUV.png]
By teztify
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019, 07:02 AM by goldenglutes.)

Sanyi Kocsis - Knights Chiefs 

Sanyi Kocsis's journey through the SMJHL is not a smooth one. While many see him as the stoic captain for the Knights coming off an all-star season, few realize what lies just beneath the surface. In this story of emotion, sacrifice, brotherhood, and triumph, the SHL presents Kocsis: King of the Round Table, a True Hollywood Story. The show starts out with Kocsis in his rookie season, freshly drafted by the Kelowna Knights. The defenseman quickly forms a strong bond with two teammates: Klaus and Sawchuk. The three grow close and are eventually crowned the "triplets" of Kelowna. As the group quickly grows into their roles in their second season together, Kocsis is named captain of the team. The team is ecstatic and Kocsis should be too -- except he can't help but feel like a fraud. Join us on Sanyi's battle with his inner demons, his fight against his own mind, and his subsequent journey to regain his happiness.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

This summer, a heartbreaking documentary about a young German goalie that could. Moving out of Germany, away from a succesful career he has build in the country of his parents, to the new, unforgiving world of Simulation Hockey League. Halifax decided to give him home and put their hopes on his back.
And the hopes have failed from the get go.
Halifax, plagued with losses, unable to get over the hump, and Mike McKorsy behind the team, trying to become the best goalie he could. Halifax eventually resurged, managed to look respectable, just to fall to Detroit in the playoffs. Mike McKorsy, angry, and hungry for success, looks for answers.
Can Halifax finally create a cup worthy team? Can they survive in the fierce competition of another 9 teams, all fighting for the single achievment, for the Four Star Cup? Can Mike McKorsy, with all of his abilities, be the goaltender every cup winning team needs?
Airs 21st of March 2019.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

I would like to see a documentary made about the unveiling of the Quinn multis back in S30. Me and @ligma would be portrayed as a pair of hard nosed cops working a lead that escalates into so much more than we ever anticipated. In a shocking case of SHL stolen identity, Quinn, a repeat offender for having multiple personas in the SHL, defrauding the good people of the league, was under suspsicion for having committed his familiar crime. Myself and Chris Crutchfield, a grizzled detective from Michigan both worked the case but the further we delved, the higher things escalated, culminating in the shocking revelation that Quinn currently had control of 8 players across the league in a variety of roles. In one of the biggest scandals in SHL history, me and Crutchfield uncovered something that no one expected possible, and a story that deserves retelling for a new generation of the SHL to hear.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

My former GM, @ml002, has an interesting career. His player, Mikhail Lokitonov, is a scoring power forward, who helps his team succeed. He was drafted 16th overall by the Prince George Firebird (rip) and had a successful SMJHL career with 119 points in 150 games, with an outstanding +44. Then, he was drafted 6th overall by Toronto in the s39 draft. As also being the gm of his junior and senior teams, he also builds the team he plays with well. In the few seasons he has been playing in the SHL, he accumulated 185 points in 250 games with 900 shots(!). But, from his s38 playoff tenure with the Prince George Firebirds, he scored a single point, an assist, in 14 playoff games with a minus 2. This led to him gaining the nickname and term “jamoke”, as the definition of the word verbatim from the maker, ”A clumsy loser who is incapable of doing normal human tasks.” this is my favorite word in existence.

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019, 12:37 PM by ml002.)

[Image: esa_pt.png]

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

@Pingy Pingu

The Land of Gumba is a sparsely populated, near-desolate place to live. Yet, out of this tiny nation with a population of twenty-three and a half comes a successful hockey player, one who has made the SMJHL and been drafted to the SHL at that. Lunga Gumba split his rookie season with the Colorado Raptors and the Detroit Falcons, playing 28 and 23 games with each club respectively. Boasting the strongest shot that the SMJHL has seen in years, Lunga Gumba potted 3 goals between the two clubs, a victim of low ice time and strong forward depth. Despite his lower goal count in his rookie season, his shot was feared for breaking bones and shattering the panes of plexiglass behind the opponent's net. Looking into Lunga Gumbas past, we investigate the small area of the Land of Gumba, and how such a dangerous, harsh place to live honed Lunga Gumba's powerful shot growing up, thanks to Lunga Gumba making his stick from the exceedingly rare Green Gumba Tree, which provided incredible flexibility and durability. Lunga Gumba holds the only known hockey stick in the world to even be made from his now-environmentally protected hometown tree.

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]

A solid story, in my opinion, would be the tale of Dakota Reid, a very well storied player of the San Francisco Pride, ranging from her start as a foreigner that grew up in Illinois, picking up bits about the sport here and there, her artistical prowess, the couple or so moves (including getting moved thrice in the same week), the Turd Ferguson Award, the Gold Medal (with those questionable gentlemen from the United Kingdom) and many other stuff and things of high and low importance, including a like for Spider Gwen. This suggestion was done out of my own volition and totally wasn't a result of someone trying to shiv me when I stepped at the Pride's locker room, causing me to bolt back to the Outlaws' one in a flash of fury with a couple of Pokécord Pokémon in the bag. Totally not, pinkie swear.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

[Image: L1XB8Qq.png]