Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Keeping It Up

Task #1

If we want to find a team that overperformed in the preseason, we can also point at a team that seemingly overperformed in the last regular season aswell. The Tampa Bay Barracuda has been riding a wave of great performance from a lot of their players for far too long and will very likely regress back to mean, or even regress to the other extreme - absolute irrelevance. You know, when you ride the rollercoaster, you have your highs, and you have your lows. Maybe it's time for Tampa's low.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

I feel like Steven Moyer of SFP overperformed in preseason. Sure he's a vampire, but when you are that god damn old, how do you expect to be able to keep up with fresh blood? That and the fact that someone is gonna catch on when all these prospects keep disappearing...

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 05:57 PM by LarksTongue.)

Option 1: Identify a player or a team who overperformed on the ice in preseason who you think will have trouble keeping it up in the regular season. (25+ words and tag anyone involved)

I think the Toronto North Stars overperformed in the preseason, despite the game changing ability of Mikhail Lokitonov the North Stars likely won’t lead the eastern conference as I do not think they have the depth to compete for top place.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 06:30 PM by Segi.)

The player who most overperformed in this preseason on the Minnesota Chiefs is clearly Waffles Man @Gaston . With a +/- of 0, he reached the second best value in this statistics of the whole team. Not only that but of his 0 shots in the whole preseason, one missed the net and one got blocked. The guy wasn't even using the chances he didn't know he had. There is simply no way, he can keep that up in the regular season.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Texas ran goofy lines as to not give away our strategy & actual lines, but somehow @Dude still had a great showing. No reason he couldn't carry it forward.

Words: 29

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

@karey While it's not a great season for the high standard we hold Viktor Marius to it's still a season worthy of a Dar Trophy nomination that Marius would get with his preseason play. I think he can easilly surpass the 50 Point mark in this regular season as well as keep up the high hit count.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Max Mauldin looks to be a breakout star coming out of pre-season. With 59 points including 22 goals, Mauldin looks like he’s finally reached his star potential. He’s keeping it up with a very hot start this season. The sky is the limit for Mauldin @Wasty

Code:
46 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Option 1
There's no way Toronto does as well in the regular season as they did in pre-season. Most teams don't take pre-season seriously and with many rookies on their squad, they were trying harder than most. Lokitonov hasn't proved he can do what York could do in a similar scenario and the best record in pre-season was an absolute fluke

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Tatu Makela played like a true Stevens Trophy candidate this preseason. But looking at the guy, it's hard to imagine he can "keep it up" for the regular season. Too many bigger better mouths to feed in Buffalo @WannabeFinn

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Toronto clearly over achieved in the preseason. They're trying to embrace the tank and somehow had the best record in the league? There is no way they're going to be able to keep that up in the regular season

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Chicago really overperfogmed in the pre season. Guys like Daniel Smeb and Kit Smeb won’t perform that well in the regular season guaranteed. Same with that Ofer guy

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Quote:Option 2: Identify a player or a team who was impressive on the ice in preseason who you think will be able to sustain this strong performance throughout the regular season. (25+ words and tag anyone involved)

I think Olivier Cloutier (@Jenny) had a great preseason (he finished second in scoring for all us rookies) and I also think we're about to see a really strong showing from him in the regular season as well. We're coming up at the same time but he was drafted a year before me and has had all of that extra time to prepare so I expect we will see him continue to put up points and stay strong especially in rookie scoring.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Chico Smeb really over performed in pre season, I mean he only went -4, when his usual is about -20, i expect this to correct itself in the regular season, can you imagine how bad it would be if he wasn't sheltered on a stacked dragons team @xDParK

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Hard to pinpoint just one, but looking at my own stats in the preseason, I underperformed hard. I think I could easily out up a 40 point season with 70-80 shots blocked and solid hits and penalty kill times.

Max Mauldin had an amazing preseason rank up 59 points consisting of 22 goals and 37 assists, which placed him in the top three for overall scoring this preseason. Although I don’t think he will keep up that pace and allow Philipp Winter to become a superstar for the panther and my fantasy team.

@Wasty @RomanesEuntDomus

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius