Create Account

S55 mPT #4 - Make The Case

New Orleans will break the FHM President's Trophy Curse and win the Challenge Cup as well
Against - Just to be clear I don't think NOLA will not will the cup, they have a great chance to repeat, but I'm more so against the use of the word curse here. We're in our 3rd season with FHM now? Not sure we have enough seasons in the books yet to call this a full blown curse.

A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season
Against - Sorry trella I love ya, but the east is disgusting with Buffalo, Manhattan, Hamilton and Chicago beating up on the lower teams. It'll be tough to scratch out at least 10 wins playing against those guys. That being said I just realized expansion is a thing so it's certainly possible depending on the outcome of the expansion draft.

Parker Smeb is the toughest player in the entire SHL
For - I honestly don't understand how this dude racks up so many hits. Guy is an absolute machine.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

For:

The Tampa Bay Barracuda will win double digit games next season. Their top line will keep improving over the course of this season and offseason and they’ll be getting some callups to improve their roster as well.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

08-17-2020, 10:25 AMBlues Wrote:
Code:
The new expansion teams should be placed in West Virginia and Montana #NOLEAKS

ABSOLUTELY in favour of this. I've been saying for several years that Butte, Montana is the heart of American hockey and deserves a team. Imagine the Butte Buffalo. In West Virginia, why not toss a team in Wheeling or Charleston? Could be fun!

I'm in agreement solely because I think having a team in Butt, Montana would be hilarious. Name them the Butte Butts please

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Quote:Code:

Code:
A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season
Code:
FOR: This one makes total sense, as Tampa will be calling up several S53 players including Ambacas Cuddles and Zoltan Toppalo. They might even call up some of their S54 players like Dwight Knight. All this to say that they will be significantly improving their roster. If they can sign some more players (significantly also replacing retiring goalie) then they should win at least 10 games. If we look at their conference, they should beat BAP as they rebuild, and can compete with TOR and NEW, especially with Eko van Otter now gone from NEW.

Code:
The New England Wolfpack are the best team that won't make the playoffs
Code:
AGAINST: The Winnipeg Jets will be the best team to miss the playoffs. With the East being slightly weaker this season, NEW has looked more impressive than they are. With Eko van Otter being traded recently, they likely will not be as good as they have seemed. This also means they will miss the playoffs and finish flat. Meanwhile, Winnipeg has been keeping up with Texas (almost) point for point this season, and surprised many after finishing second last in the west the previous season. They could be an outside shot depending on the finishing of the season. They will likely miss out to Texas, but will be just behind them as a solid Western team.

Code:
The MVP awards are Monkey D Luffy's to lose
Code:
AGAINST: While I believe Luffy will get a lot of consideration for the MVP, I also think it will be more wide open than last season when Flacko Lagerfield was a clear choice and led the league by a wide margin. Luffy will have the percieved bias of playing in the East (even though it doesn't matter that much) and if he only leads by a few points, voters might favor more well rounded candidates.

Code:
Scholz or Kirkby will win the Stevens Award for best defenseman
Code:
FOR: Scholz and Kirkby seem like they will be good choices for the award, but with FHM continuing to be understood and the stats it outputs still being learned, we can never be sure. Scholz and Kirkby are far and away the best scorers, and may cross 50 points. We will have to look at their overall contributions however. As Scholz plays almost 5 mins of special teams time, I believe he will be a front runner.

Code:
THE RETURN OF CAMERON CARTER - CCII will land on an all-star team!
Code:
AGAINST: CC2 is a meme that will never die, however his 32 points are less than a ppg, and there are two dozen or more wingers ahead of him in the scoring race. You don't have to be the highest scoring in order to get an all-star team, but you do have to be in the top bracket of scoring. 32 points in 37 games ain't it.

Code:
Parker Smeb is the toughest player in the entire SHL
Code:
AGAINST: Smeb is tough the same way Nazem Kadri is tough. All bark and no bite. If you want the real tough guy, look at Tri-guy Edmond. That dude leads Smeb in PIMS by 30 and is certifiably scary. He doesn't even try to be good at hockey, he is just the enforcer for the team. Smeb is a fancy boi trying to be a superstar, and he lays hits down, but he is no tough guy, don't be fooled.

Code:
Collin Gibbles will finish with the most takeaways in the league for the third straight season
Code:
FOR: EZ to lead the league in takeaways when your team never has the puck... Gibbles has a putrid 31% CF, which means he is only driving play (and in possession of the puck) 31% of the time. To his credit, he is a 2K TPE defensive focused player, so that build certainly helps him. His TK numbers are much less impressive however when you see that he is on one of the worst teams in the league. 

Code:
The Calgary Dragons are the team that most urgently needs to make a deadline move
Code:
AGAINST: The Calgary Dinosaurs are certainly in need of a deadline move, as they are in danger from Winnipeg, Texas and Los Angeles. However, they don't really have the team to compete for the Challenge Cup, so a move might be worthless. The team that needs to make the moves is Edmonton. With a lot of pending UFA's, they need to make a move to go all in NOW. They can compete with the best of the best, and should move to compete.

Code:
Of the major trades that have gone down in the past month, Edmonton's move for Theo Morgan stands out as the best of all
Code:
FOR: Theo Morgan has been a godsend for Edmonton, who heavily relied on Tony Pepperoni and Julio Tokolosh for offense last season. With Buffalo trading for Eko van Otter recently, that trade could turn out to be better if they win the cup. With the depth Edmonton gained however along with Morgan, this bolstered them to be one of the best and most well rounded teams in the league.

Code:
The new expansion teams should be placed in West Virginia and Montana #NOLEAKS
Code:
Nah. One should be a Canadian team, and one should be in a major city in the states. Montana would be interesting, but these places are not huge markets and maybe don't deserve a team. There are other cities such as Seattle, Mexico City, Montreal, or Philly that should probably get teams first. No one wants a team in places we have to google to find out where they are.

Code:
No one can hold a candle to the Berserkers; they will hoist the Four Star Cup
Code:
Sad SKREE. This is probably true, as the Berserkers have some super talent such as Steve Harrington and Ryujji Minamino. This will probably result in them winning the four star cup, although they have some stiff competition in Carolina and Anchorage.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2020, 11:41 AM by Tate.)

Of the major trades that have gone down in the past month, Edmonton's move for Theo Morgan stands out as the best of all

FOR - and by a country mile. First of all, Theo Morgan is an absolute star, and a true leader both on and off the ice. Second of all, a Los Angeles Panther alumni is the perfect addition to any and all locker rooms in this league. Miss you Theo!!

[Image: p82ugau.png]

08-17-2020, 12:37 AMAgentSmith630 Wrote: Against: Of the major trades that have gone down in the past month, Edmonton's move for Theo Morgan stands out as the best of all.

The BUF trade for EVO gives them an extra protection slot for basically free, so they get to protect even more of their insanely deep team and prospect pool, making that stand out as the best recent trade.

FOR: The BUF trade for EVO gives them an extra protection slot for basically free, so they get to protect even more of their insanely deep team and prospect pool, making that stand out as the best recent trade.

EVO adds another 1900 TPE player to the Buffalo roster, yes another. This making him the 6th highest tpe player on Buffalo, on many other teams he would be leading their team in tpe. EVO will most likely slot in on the 2nd or 3rd line and have access to powerplay time. Creating what was already a very deep team, only deeper. EVO was over a point per game prior to the trade, and we should expect that to continue.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Code:

For. Tampa Bay will continue getting fresh injections of talent, and continue getting better - 10 or more games won next season is more than possible, and in fact should be expected out of the Barracudas and their new rookies. Trella is a good GM, and I think Tampa Bay is in a good place moving forward.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Code:
The MVP awards are Monkey D Luffy's to lose

For. Well, most likely for, I really do not know what the voters have in mind with the awards but Luffy has the points and the name recognition with the tpe so it most likely is true that he's the favorite for MVP.  That's pretty dope for Luffy, I know he wanted to be the max tpe earner/mvp so I'm happy for @TnlAstatine. I'm rooting for him to hold on if my player can't put it together.

Code:

Code:
No one can hold a candle to the Berserkers; they will hoist the Four Star Cup

AGAINST

The Newfoundland Berserkers have the best record in the league currently and sit at the top with 58 points. But a closer look at this record. Newfoundland has a record of 13-0-2 (86.7%) against teams with losing records. They have scored 72 of their 137 goals in these games which accounts for 52.5% of their goals. That averages to 4.8 goals a game.  
Their record against teams with winning records is 14-4-2 while scoring 65 goals. The goals per game drops down to a respectable 3.25. (Note: 5 of these wins were against Maine and 1 lose was in OT. 3 Wins were against Colorado and 1 true lose to the Raptors as well.) So Newfoundland's record against the top other teams in the league is 6-3-1. 

The top other teams are the Carolina Kraken, Anchorage Armada, and  Kelowna Knights and they all have at least 50 points. I think all of them are on the same level as Newfoundland. All have about the same amount of goals scored and goals against. All 3 of these teams bring different something to the table. Carolina Kraken are the defending 4 Star Cup Champions. Kelowna is a proven team that knows how to get the job done. Anchorage has become a powerhouse this year, and I wouldnt be surprised to see them in the Championship game. Also Maine and Colorado are 2 teams that shouldnt be slept on. They could upset a few of those top teams if the puck falls right. So I think that the phrase "No one can hold a candle to the Berserkers"  is completely false and I believe that one of these teams will knock them out.

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Quote:The New England Wolfpack are the best team that won't make the playoffs

This is shaping up to be highly likely, although the Wolfpack are doing their best to make things as tense as possible for the Chicago Syndicate, who only hold a 1 point lead on the Wolfpack with each team having the same number of games remaining. In fact, this playoff spot could very well be decided in a matchup between these two teams, as they still have one game against each other remaining. Whoever is the loser of this matchup likely faces a steep climb for that fourth seed.

Chicago's remaining schedule is as follows; LAP, WPG, TBB, NOLA, CGY, HAM, NEW, SFP, TBB, TEX, TBB
New England's remaining schedule is as follows; TOR, SFP, CGY, BUF, BUF, TBB, CHI, EDM, MAN, TBB, MIN

Let's compare these schedules. First, the number of games against what can be considered true Challenge Cup contenders.

CHI: 3 (NOLA, CGY, HAM)
Projected record: 1-2

NEW: 5 (CGY, BUF, BUF, EDM, MAN)
Projected record: 2-3

Both NEW and CHI have shown a propensity for knocking off elite teams, yet it is still likely that both teams finish these games with a losing record.

Second, the number of games against bottom feeders.

CHI: 4 (TBB, SFP, TBB, TBB)
Projected Record: 4-0

NEW: 5 (TOR, SFP, TBB, TBB, MIN)
Projected Record: 5-0

Thirdly, the number of games against playoff hopefuls.

CHI: 3 (LAP, WPG, TEX)
Projected Record: 2-1

NEW: 0

There is one game missing from each team's projected records here, and that's the NEW-CHI game.
With my projections, I have CHI finishing 7-3, excluding the NEW matchup, and NEW finishing 7-3 excluding the game against CHI. This would mean CHI would still have a 1 point lead with the game against NEW not being taken into consideration, and so, I do believe that the winner of this matchup will be the one to claim the final playoff seed.

Note how interesting this would be if New England hadn't lost 3 games to BAP, a game to TBB, a game to TOR, and a game to Minnesota?

Also note how interesting this would be if New England traded their star players out of conference instead of strengthening two conference rivals, as HAM is only 5 points up on CHI and 6 points up on NEW with two more games played.

East playoff race could be interesting.

TLDR; winner of NEW-CHI makes the playoffs.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Code:
New Orleans will break the FHM President's Trophy Curse and win the Challenge Cup as well

For, I think they will come out of this season with the most point, because their division is rather weak and they can easily beat every team in it. I think they can build up on their regular season results to also win the playoffs.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Code:

Disagree, the Stampede's trade for Eko van Otter is the best one in my opinion. Not only does EvO improve Buffalo's 3rd line by about 1100 TPE, it also makes expansion much less hurtful to the Stampede, as they only lose one player now.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

For:The New England Wolfpack are the best team that won't make the playoffs. The east is definitely more tougher than the west. In the east, New England, Chicago and Hamilton will be fighting for the playoff spot. In the West, it is clear that Winnipeg does not make the cut. Between New England and Winnipeg, new england has performed much better. But in terms of looking at solely the east. Hamilton and Chicago both have a better team as they are more deep.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

FOR: A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season

Tampa could still come close to doing this this season. With a few new players in the ranks next season, and with two expansion teams who will probably be weaker than average opponents to match up against, they should be able to add a handful more wins to the season without too much trouble.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2020, 02:47 PM by bluesfan55.)

08-17-2020, 12:24 PMOhtaay Wrote:
08-17-2020, 12:37 AMAgentSmith630 Wrote: Against: Of the major trades that have gone down in the past month, Edmonton's move for Theo Morgan stands out as the best of all.

The BUF trade for EVO gives them an extra protection slot for basically free, so they get to protect even more of their insanely deep team and prospect pool, making that stand out as the best recent trade.

FOR: The BUF trade for EVO gives them an extra protection slot for basically free, so they get to protect even more of their insanely deep team and prospect pool, making that stand out as the best recent trade.

EVO adds another 1900 TPE player to the Buffalo roster, yes another. This making him the 6th highest tpe player on Buffalo, on many other teams he would be leading their team in tpe. EVO will most likely slot in on the 2nd or 3rd line and have access to powerplay time. Creating what was already a very deep team, only deeper. EVO was over a point per game prior to the trade, and we should expect that to continue.

Against.
I love me some EVO, and New England getting that great of a return for a rental is pretty good (plus BUF only gas to lose 1 player in expansion). But I'm actually going to go for a sneaky one in BAP/TOR. Toronto gets a nice young defenseman in Delver Fudgeson and don't have to give up much besides some seconds and an IA defenseman. With Toronto's drafting skills as of late and their insanely stacked prospect pool, they don't really need those picks and instead smartly chose to add a good piece to their blueline.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs