Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub

All-Star Snubs? Fucked if i know bud. i've been too busy with the farm, my truck, work, and this god awful Great Lakes Division setup. Damn thing runs like a Chevy. There is probably a fist full of players who deserve to get in from teams like Edmonton or like Half of Hamilton and Buffalo at least. Don't forget Chicago, Texas, or Toronto for that matter. But it is what it is. Honestly we should do like a ballot vote in for like OUR pick from each division coming up (So like two per conference or something) With the rest falling under a best of from the All-Star Committee. Maybe even have it so both results come out same day with votes from the committee that go to the player who won the Fan vote trickling down. Maybe would add some more excitement to the whole shebang.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

A lot of controversy around Monkey D. Luffy not making the All-star team. Sure he's having a nice season but in my opinion he's not the biggest snub. For me, it has to be Nicolae Antonescu, goalie for the San Francisco Pride. Markus Tegernako completely deserves the starting spot, he's the main reason Minnesota is looking to be decent again after many struggling seasons. But that 2nd spot shouldn't have gone to Cillian Kavanagh of the Texas Renegades. Any average goalie would look great on the best Western conference team and it's not like he's having amazing numbers. Antonescu's season is a lot more impressive boasting the best save percentage in the entire league playing on a really weak team. He should have been the very least the automatic representative of the Pride. That team would be in the same tier as New Orleans without him. He has 21 of the 24 team's total win. And it's not like the backup hasn't played much, he played a total of 19 games.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

[Image: istockphoto-1138395421-612x612-1-20210516100648141.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I've gotta go with my boy, Monkey D. Luffy as the biggest all star snub. After seeing all the salt in the All Star thread from the Stampede members ot was clear to me that Luffy should.be in the all star game. He's a top player in the league even this far into Regression which is saying something. Yes players can continue to be an impact into regression, but Luffy is a whole different animal. He's a beast of a player and looks to continue his dominance for many seasons to come. To not have him on the all star roster is in my opinion a crime. He should be a member of every all star team from next season on in order to make this travesty right. I for one will not stand for this injustice and vow to do whatever it takes to correct this crime.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

I'm too lazy to look up player stats and the all-star team roster, so I'm going to make a safe bet that Tobias Lindeman is not on either SHL All-Star teams. The fact that he isn't recognized as an All-Star is a god damn disgrace. Lindeman is the premiere back-up goalie for the Tampa Bay Barracuda and needs to be recognized for his efforts. Even though he is a back-up goalie with shit stats, people don't even know what Lindeman does off the ice to contribute to his team's lack of success. After practice, Lindeman sprints to the edit bay to cut the game video for the coaches and he does it in full goalie gear. If that's not dedication, I don't know what is. He adds his own flair to the videos as well. The color grading he does makes the videos look much more depressing. He also superimposes a little CGI, anthropomorphic Puck character into the videos to keep his teammates entertained when the videos get boring. Put Lindeman in the All Star game, and the Hall of Fame while you're at it. Chomp Barracuda

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

I definitely think the biggest snub was Frans Eller. One of the absolute best goalies in the entire league should always be the staple of any event made to lift and celebrate the stars of our beautiful game. One of the biggest reasons for NEW still being in a playoff position despite no one believing in it ahead of the season. The franchise goalie has a sv% of 0.923 heading into the final games of the season playing a ton of tough matchups. 2 shutouts, top 7 in saves and among the highest average ratings among goalies. The captain, the leader, of the New England Wolfpack team. Snubbed by whom exactly? Why would I know, and why would I care? If it does not include Mr Frans Eller himself, I do not want to follow it. But frankly, I have no idea if he deserved it or not. I genuinely do not know who made it or not.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

PBE

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]

Rising star Minamino was a clear snub off of the Chicago Syndicate given his already legendary name in the Newfoundland community and leading the league in goals for the first couple weeks before having his spot stolen by the malicious and greedy Martijn Westbroek in terms of goal scoring for the Syndicate.

All jokes aside, I think I would have to point to a few defensemen in the West who were probably better picks than some. For example Simon LeBlanc has been putting up stout defensive block numbers for a while and lacking the recognition since his game is not offensively focused. As a forward, Boris Poroshenko has been a monster, smashing everything and everyone all season, yet has been snubbed even though he has also shown that offensive touch as well. The next highest hit total is still more than 130 less than what he has, which would alone be good for top 10 in hits. Poroshenko’s physicality alone is deserving of an All Star nomination.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

So for the all star game I will be honest with you I don’t even know who made it, what players from what team but my pick for who was snubbed from the all star roster is non other than my teammate Frans Eller, goaltender of the New England Wolfpack. The reason I feel that he was snubbed from the all star game is because of the quality player he is, and what he does for an abysmal New England Team. All season Eller has been dragging the corpse of the Wolfpack towards the playoffs stealing games left and right while facing upwards of 40-50 shots per night and putting up stellar numbers with respect to the team in front of him. Overall I believe Eller deserves a spot on that all star roster for the work he has put in. My comparison to Eller is Carrey Price, he literally wills the New England Wolfpack into the playoffs if he decides we are worthy.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The biggest snub on the All Star roster comes out of the Western Conference. The Seattle Argonaut's rookie phenom Vaseline Podcalzone deserved a roster spot among the other All Stars. He is having a fantastic rookie season, lighting up the lamp 17 times already, and adding another 17 assists for a total of 34 points. He is putting up one of the most dominant rookie campaigns of the modern era of the SHL. Whats most is impressive is that he has put up all those offensive numbers at even strength. He hasn't has a single minute of powerplay time, but has still manages to rack up an astounding point total this season. Not to mention Podcalzone whould be on the All Star Team based on his beegest X-Factor. Podcalzone is the single best locker room presence there has ever been. He can inspire a team for greatness and can transcend their talent to the next level. Podcalzone is simply a catalyst of greatness, and that is why he was snubbed of a roster spot.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

I can't really see anyone deserving the tap for the All-Star game other than Gunnar Söderberg from the Chicago Syndicate. Gunnar has been lighting up the lamp repeatedly during the season, at almost 0.5 goals per game, and a shooting percentage of just under 17 percent with their 200 shots. Gunnar is playing second line minutes on Chicago but is still close behind the top players of the team and is one of the better players on the team in terms of Corsi. Söderberg's PDO is around 100, meaning that the results are not luck-based, but is based solely on the skill of the player. Hopefully next year's All-Star game will have some more offensive strength so the games can become a score fest comparable to the early 2000s where no All-Star team had any defensively minded players at all. A bit of a shame for the goalies but fun for the public!

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

I would say Zoltan Topalo. His personality itself is one strong point to appoint his at All-Stars game. Also it's pity that Nash can't see his owners at the ice when All-Stars game starting. Nash is big fan of hockey and he is maybe the most loyal Detroit fan with all of his friends from Detroit locker room. Also same words go to A Jobin, he have also so cute animals, without them cheering (barking) will be so much quiet than with them. I personally know their feelings, since SMJHL All Stars didn't appoint me, and instead inviting me, they invited actually weaker player. That's weird in my opinion, so I don't have a lot of trust SMJHL All-Stars system at all. I think there should be more clearer what's going on and it would be also good, if we could see how's voting goes, even with anonymized voters. It's sad that there isn't possibility to know how far I was.

(161 words)

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Simon LeBlanc was the biggest all-star game snub, no doubts. Simon has an incredible 80 DGR and has been an absolute wall in front of the Atlanta net minder. He has amassed 216, while also being physical enough to pitch in with 108 hits. He is 4th in the league in blocks, which in my opinion is one of the, if not the, most important stat. Blocking a shot prevents the goalie from having to make a save and can start a counter the other way. He's also taken the puck away 11 more times than he's turned it over. It's highly important for defenders to remain in the positives in these metric. Takeaways give the puck back to your team, meaning the other team can't score (duh), while giveaways as a defender likely result in an odd man break. He's also pitched in with 29 points (19 assists, 10 goals), so it's not like he's ineffective on that end either. He deserved to be an all star.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

I would say that Chicago Syndicate center Ryan Shepard should have got an all star nod this season. The center has 52 points on the season. 20 of these being goals is also quite impressive, showing his scoring prowess. The 32 assists shows that he also has a knack for playmaking. He also has excellent puck handling skills with only 17 giveaways, showing that he is extremely careful with the puck. The advanced statistics also back up his play with an impressive 4.2 GF/60 in comparison to his 2.3 GA/60. Having almost double goals for is no easy feat. It also helps that he outshoots his opponents while on the ice with 47 SF/60 to 21.6 SA/60. A 68 Fenwick and 68 Corsi with a 3.9 Corsi Rel shows that he is not just an offensive machine, he is also incredibly talented in his own end. Shepard should have been on the all star team.

159 words

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

Snub this and snub that. How can we possibly decide on who was snubbed? And why should we? Ultimately the decision has been made from voting where people decide with different metrics who they think are the most worthy. Yet this season and last season has had upset people over who was chosen and who was left out so there must be some kind of snub level here. But why are people upset? Last season too many players from the same teams, yet now it seems to be more individually. Maybe the all star commitee has been a bit too generous to make sure to avoid last season's critisism. This means there must be even a few people left out.

After a search through the index and sorting on one of my favorite advanced stats, I have come to the conclusion that Akashi SixNine has been ROBBED of a place in the allstar roster. Both Disisde Dayudie and Hugh Jazz were picked in front of SixNine despite both of them having lower FF%. The case can be made for other stats, sure. But SixNine also has the second highest +/- in the league! This defenseman is a snubbed stud and it should be unforgivable how SixNine did not get a place in the allstar roster. 9 goals, 34 assits over 65 games leaves SixNine with 0,66 points per game. I could keep going, because there are a lot of stats that speak in favor of Akashi SixNine but at this point, the point has been made.

(255 words)

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]