Create Account

S69 PT #3: Dive February 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Lemo would certainly like to think of himself as having enough integrity to not go and embellish every accidental contact, but certainly there have still been a few times when he has succumbed to the temptation, whether it be due to the importance of the moment or just feeling out-gunned otherwise, and played up an accidental contact as somewhat worse than it actually might have been. The reasoning being that if there really was unlawful contact then it should be dealt with as such by the referees as well. On the flip side he has also sometimes gone over to the refs after a call and admit instances where an instinctive jolt of the head was made only to avoid actual contact and the call should maybe be cancelled altogether. Admittedly it has depended somewhat on whether the game situation has been such to warrant the behaviour this way of that. The last thing he wants is to put his team in a bind at the worst moment.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

I would be given an Oscar for my performance on the ice in that moment. I would be like LeBron James in the NBA or even better, Chris Bosh back in the day where every night it seemed as if he was embellishing and gaining fouls and free throws for his team. I do not even think it matters that it would be tight in the standings or tight in the game, I would do it no matter what cause at any moment in the game, giving your team the advantage or the better opportunity to win is always the best idea to go with.

Would I be shamed in the media or other members in the league for going along with this route? Probably. But I mean, who cares. I think I am leaning more towards being that player that you hate playing against and more the type that you love having on your team.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Hockey Prompt:

Hockey is a great sport, and I am glad that embellishment has not become a big issue, in comparison to some other major sports.. yes looking at your soccer. When looking at the embellishment call in hockey, I think it is a good tool to have for referees to use if they think it is needed for the situation. Watching the Edmonton Oiler games this year, I think I have only seen it been called twice this season, once on the oilers once on the opposing team. Now I feel like referees are wildly inconsistent, however I feel like the embellishment call has been used to an acceptable standard. You never really see players over embellish, which is why the call is not really needed. Hockey is mean to be fast game, if more embellishment enters our game, it'll greatly slow down the game, and the enjoyment of the game so it is important that the penalty can be called to avoid these situations.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Toasty has always grown up with a chip on his shoulder. From his family issue with the O'Bigbers he became tough and wanted to be the biggest guy on the ice every night. That means there is no chance at all that Toasty would embellish for the sake of a call. What would happen instead is that Toasty would take it as a reason to start a fight against the opponent. If you need to get the guys going in a crucial game to make it into the playoffs there is no better way than to boost the energy of your teammates with a statement of a fight win rather than having to roll around on the ice as if it chipped your chin when you were barely grazed. Toasty thinks that kind of performance and tactic just to get a powerplay doesn't belong in the game and should be done away with for more statement making moments like a big hit or a fight when the team needs it most.

Code:
171 words

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Andreas Kvalheim and his Texas Renegades are currently embroiled in a playoff push, looking to make the post season for a second year in a row. The stakes are high, but even then Andreas would never consider embellishing a call to try and win a penalty for his team. Andreas simply is not that type of player, he's just not wired that way. You do not get to become one of the leagues all time great power forwards with a soft mindset. He plays a hard, bruising game, and he expected to take, and dish out, hits and knocks throughout the course of play. He would much rather power through and drive to the net with a defender grappling and holding on to him as opposed to falling down at the defender's first touch. Diving is definitely not a part of his game, and he feels the sport would be better if it wasn't part of anyone's arsenal.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Player Prompt

Of course I take the dive. When the playoffs are on the line you have to do it. It's part of sports in general. It can be infuriating when you're on the opposing end but sometimes you have to take advantage of the situation. If I have a chance to draw a penalty, even if it's not legitimate, and it gives my team an advantage in a crucial playoff race, I'd be a terrible teammate not to do it. Integrity sure feels good but you know what feels better? Winning. Anyone who says they wouldn't do it has never been in that position. This is a tough industry and you have to take every advantage given to you. And if there isn't an advantage, its' up to you to make one. It's dirty and unfair but it's an aspect of sports. Sometimes it backfires and you get penalized but sometimes it works in your favor. It's a gamble, just like everything else.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

I enjoy the idea of the embellishment rule. I think its fair to punish players who essentially try to over dramatize an infraction; to me it's pretty much cheating. What I don't enjoy about the rule is the fact that that both penalties will be called. Even if their was no infraction to begin with, if a player embellishes they can still get the infraction called; though I suppose that is the point of embellishing. I think either embellishment can be its own standalone penalty that can be called, or there needs to be a straight up diving penalty for instances where there was no infraction but the player dives to make it seem like there was. For example, a stick touches the top of a players skate and they pretend they were shot by a sniper. There was no initial infraction but now an embellishment will be called as well as a tripping. I think adding the ability to solely punish the embellishment may reduce the amount that it happens because its no longer a zero-lose game if you try it

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Tie game late in the 3rd period, Alexi Piastri is protecting the puck down low against Carolina Kraken center Adam Prpich. Prpich is taller than Piastri and accidently glazes the side of his visor with his stick while crossing over trying to defend a quick pivot from Piastri.

"Should I scrap this move and try to draw a penalty here?"Piastri doesn't blink and continues with his move.

"There's no way in hell the ref is going to call that one. It's late in the game and he was standing right there in front of the play. Even if he does call it, he's going to see that there's not any sort of mark on me and remember that when deciding on calls in the future."

Piastri processes this information in a fraction of a second. He makes his move toward the net, shielding the puck from Prpich with his body, stick handling quickly, while looking off the goalie towards the opposite side of the crease. One last quick dangle... bar down shortside, the smallest opening to shoot at, but Piastri lights the lamp again.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Dwayne Gretzky is widely known for his quick thinking and creative moves on the ice. Recently, he was playing in a crucial game against Buffalo. As the game progressed, he noticed that one of the Stampede's players was getting increasingly aggressive and physical. Dwayne saw an opportunity to take advantage of this and started to skate near the player, looking for an opportunity to draw a penalty. Suddenly, Jay Sink reached out and hooked Gretzky's stick, causing him to lose control for a second. But instead of easily staying on his feet, Dwayne fell to the ice and made it look like he was tripped by Sink. The referee immediately blew the whistle and signaled for a penalty. The crowd erupted into cheers as Sink skated to the penalty box. Gretzky had successfully drawn the penalty and put Montreal on the power play. Thanks to his quick thinking and impressive acting skills, the Patriotes were able to score a crucial goal during the power play and went on to win the game. Dwayne was hailed a hero for his critical contribution to the victory.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Noel isn't really the type of guy to embellish much. He has tried to build a reputation over his career as a big rugged centerman, so it would kind of go against his persona to be embellish things. That doesn't mean he wont react, if he gets caught in the chin with a stick it's still natural to pull your head back, but he's not going to be pulling the exaggerated head throws or falling to the ice or anything like that just to try and milk a penalty. Yeah, maybe it wins you a powerplay in that situation, but in the long run that kind of stuff can gain you a reputation that he's not interested in having, both with the refs and the other players in the league. And overall it just goes against the spirit of the game in his opinion, so it's not worth it.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

[Image: object.png]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Would I do it? Honestly I'm going to do whatever I can to win the game, but I'm not sure I can sleep if I know it didn't hit me. I want to win but I want to win because I know im better not because the zebras helped us out. I aint ready for that ish on twitter of me flopping. Don't get me wrong I'm all about skating the rules for a W but not like that. I'd rather be the one pushing the limits and getting the no call than getting a W on one. Flip the scrip and I'm through gloves if someone does that and were getting a BS call like that to cost us a chance at a big game or points. I'd rather the refs let us play than for them to control the game! 

Embellishment is a hard thing to define. It's easy to say "any faking is embellishment", but when you're legitimately a victim and it goes unnoticed, you start to wonder if you might've made a show of it. But even as an outside observer, some players are slippery in ways that make it look like embellishment when really they just fall a lot. Whereas others will react to a stick near their face and try to sell it. As always, the speed of the game makes all of this impossible to track. The NHL does a good job of reviewing penalities to punish embellishment after the game. During the game, it's another matter. When fame, glory, and money are on the line, is a small lie really that big of a problem? Other players are straight up cheating in other ways. That's why we call so many penalties. You can get away with a lot right up until you can't. I don't see why a player wouldn't try to sell a hit if they're going to also hold, cross check, and interfere as well.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Red Kirkby comes from a long line of shit disturbers and under any normal circumstance would love to take a dive. Not even to earn the penalty but because he knows how much it annoys opposing fans, players and coaches alike. However if you were specially asking about this season then the answer would have to be hands down no. The forge have been deadly in front of the net at even strength but have been nothing short of a complete disappointment with the man advantage. At one stage the Philadelphians were under 15% on the power play with only the completely hapless Los Angeles panthers below them at that time. In short it would be better to just dig in and battle for the puck before slinging it into the slot for Evil AllBran to smash it home than it would be to waste time diving, hoping not to get called for embellishment and then more than likely waste two minutes of precious time on the power play.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

I definitely think that more embellishment penalties should be awarded. This is starting to look like football where they flap around on the ground after every gust of wind that passes by them. Honestly, there should be more severe punishment for repeat offenders IMO. Do it more than 10 times in a season? boom suspension. After that a game penalty every time you do it until you've gone a couple of seasons without it. And now I'm only talking about clear embellishments of course. Embellishment is a plague that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. Back when i started following the NHL i didn't feel like it was as common as it is these days, even the SHL has a lot of it now, with some players being more known for it than others. Brendan Shinnimin of Luleå HF is an example of a piece of shit player that dives every chance he gets. Which is a damn shame because he's actually a good player.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]