Create Account

S69 PT #3: Dive February 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player Prompt

If my player was grazed in the face with a stick, he would probably perform a knee-jerk reaction, twisting his head and reaching up for his face.  If a penalty was not called, he would probably raise his hands in protest to the referee briefly before getting back to the play.  After the play, the forward would skate over to the ref and talk about the play, asking him why a penalty wasn't called.  According to the rule, high sticking is high sticking, so I would protest my case and probably complain more regardless of what the ref said.  As far as diving, the Kelowna forward probably would not do it, except in cases of tripping where the player's balance was already slipping.  The centermen from the United States plays hard and definitely wants his team to gain an advantage, but he plays the game honestly, and any form of embellishment would be legitimate in some way.  Sticking to the rules is the way to go, but there may be a lot of complaining along the way, especially when a blown call is made.

184 words

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

Hockey Prompt - Written Task

To begin with, I 100% agree with diving calls in the NHL or, as a matter of fact, any hockey league. I think way too much people are trying to make any small contact on them seams like it is penalty worthy. I don’t think you should ever compromise your integrity for anything, much less for a win in the context of a sport competition. As such, I think referees should call embellishment way more often as it is rarely called even tought we’ll see up to 3 or 4 players diving in a single game after being barely grazed by a stick.

As long as the league and its referees continue to allow players to dive, I don’t think it will go away on its on. As such, I think the NHL should call every play where a player tries to get a call to go its way. At first, there will be a lot of calls for embellishment, but as the season go on and as the players adapt, there will be less need for the referees to interfere in the game. I think we could compare this to when slashing began to be called more often by the league after Crosby hacked off part of a player’s finger in a game.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2023, 11:12 PM by juniped. Edited 1 time in total.)

Graphic Task: Show me your player in the penalty box trying to talk the ref out of making a call on you.

[Image: moHJ5J1.png]

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

If the other player hit my chin, then yeah, I am drawing the penalty. This is not embellishment. We are trying to win games, so I am not taking the high and honorable road. I am trying to get into the playoffs and win a championships. If they are high sticking us in the face, then they will pay for that. They will pay dearly for that. Especially against a divisional rival. When they mess up that much, they will pay the price and send my team to the power play. Hopefully, my team will be able to pull it out and get the go ahead goal on the power play. Take this lead and take it all the way to the end of regulation. There is a time and place when to take the high road, and it is not in the third period of a tied game. There is too much on the line, e.g. contracts, to not go for every advantage you can legally take.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

AAACH!!!! REF!!! HE HIT ME HE HIT ME IN THE FACE SO HARD!!! HOW COULD HE DO THIS?! MY BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, THE OPPONENT WHO WAS AGAINST ME IN THIS SITUATION, HIT ME AND KILLED MY FRICKING HEAD OFF!!! OW OW WOWO OWWWW!!! JEEZ THIS HURTS MY HEAD SO MUCH THEY NEED TO PUT ME INTO CONCUSSION PROTOCOL OR SOMETHING BUT ALSO LEAVE ME IN THE GAME FOR THE REST OF THIS GAME BUT THEY SHOULD GIVE THIS GUY A BIG PENALTY LIKE AN EJECTION! AND IT WAS ON PURPOSE TOO! HE SAID HE WOULD DO IT AND THEN HE DID AND OMG IT HURTS MY HEAD SO MUCH!!!! DUDE!!!! WHY DID YOU DO THAT DUDE!!!!! DAMN IT IM GONNA HAVE A SERIOUS HEADACHE AFTER THIS ONE. SOMEBODY CALL A DOCTOR OR SOMETHING BUT LIKE HAVE THEM WAIT UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER AND LEAVE ME IN AND THEN MAYBE HAVE THE DOCTOR LOOK AT MY HEAD CAUSE IT HURTS!!!

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Code:
Written Task: Do you do it? Would your player embellish the high stick? Take the dive? Try to get a call where there isn't one? Keep in mind a powerplay could win you the game here! These are important points in a playoff race! Would you take the opportunity, or is your player too hard-nosed for that? Are you a stick to the rules kind of player, or a take any chance you can get to win kind of player? (150+ words)
(169 words) Tomas Zadina 100% does it. Referees are part of the game and if you can get a call that will win your team the game then you do it. Centers cheat on every faceoff, players fight until the whistle at the net, and everyone causes scrums after the whistle. This is nothing different in my opinion. And we're not playing for integrity, we're playing for money and the cup. Winning has a way of making people forget the bad things that you've done, for better or for worse (99% of the time it's for worse), so Zadina thinks yeah take every inch you can get. He's definitely not a stick to the rules kind of player. Every chance you can do a little bit of "legal interference" to give your defenseman an extra second to get to the puck. Always give opposing players a little tap on the wrist or pads. Put a little snow in the goalie's face. Who's to say you meant to do any of it?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Quote:PLAYER PROMPT - We're in the run up to the playoffs and earning points in the standings is crucial. You're in a tie game with a divisional rival, third period, and you're battling for a puck in the corner (or if you're a goalie-- a scrum in front of the net). You feel an opponents stick come up and graze your chin. It doesn't hurt, in fact it barely touches you, but you have the opportunity to try and draw a penalty. 

Written Task: Do you do it? Would your player embellish the high stick? Take the dive? Try to get a call where there isn't one? Keep in mind a powerplay could win you the game here! These are important points in a playoff race! Would you take the opportunity, or is your player too hard-nosed for that? Are you a stick to the rules kind of player, or a take any chance you can get to win kind of player? (150+ words)

Want to first off claim that embellishing the call depends on how blatant it is lol. Are we talking about professional soccer, rolling on the ground holding your knee when you get hit in the arm type? That shouldn't be allowed, but if you sell it well enough why not. If you get caught you get caught, but if not, those acting skills your parents paid for when you were young pay off! Now as for Bnana NWaffles, would he embellish? The short answer is of course he would lol. You do not have one of the worst plus minus in the whole league and think that you are helping the team, so to help a little dive doesn't hurt anyone. Never will take it as far as soccer players do but he is of course not too hard-nosed of a player to stick his nose up to the thought. Will also like to state that Bnana NWaffles is still a stick to the rule’s kind of guy and player, but this little "white lie" is fine, right?

(178 words)

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

You never sell a high stick, it's bad karma. You know the refs are all watching these high profile games, especially the head of refs. They will see every call and non-call made, as well as who the players were. You dive then, you won't get the actual call later on down the road. You'll have a reputation where referees will be hesitant to call any high-sticking penalties that may have happened to you. Though the most important thing is that you're cheating the game and yourself by diving and trying to draw a penalty. You're actively giving the opponent an advantage by diving, because if the ref doesn't make that call you are out of the play trying to sell a high stick. If you get just grazed on the chin with a stick, you take a quick look at the referee. Arm up, cool you get a power play, if not you play hard. Too many players stop and bitch at the ref instead of getting back into the play after the player thinks a penalty should have been called.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

PLAYER PROMPT

I take a bigger flop than a house of pancakes.  This is my chance to really contribute to the outcome of the game.  I am not needed on the power play, so this is a chance to take a break at the same time.  I have actually been practicing my acting skills, so I can bleed on command out of my chin.  We are taking a whole 4 minute break for my knees, I've been practicing all summer for this moment.

If the refs don't bite, then I get things a bit more drastic.  I try to instigate a "justified" fight so we both go sit.  I learned a few insults in French, or at least my teammates have told me they are insults, so I can really goad a larger audience of opponents into scraps.  Unfortunately the only people willing to take this dance are people who are just as useless as me out there.  Either way, a nap is a nap out there in the box, there isn't a trade that we lose there.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Hockey prompt:

Embellishment and diving in the hockey world are called almost exactly how much as I would expect them to be called honestly. Part of the issue is reffing is so inconsistent as it is. I don’t know how can you expect referees to properly call them during the game. Also, I think they are almost always called improperly. What exactly makes it’s a dive or embellishment? A lot of the time the refs call a dive, they also call a penalty. How exactly can that be? A ref can barely call end of games properly, let alone determining whether that player threw his head back too hard from getting hit in the face. A player can both get hooked but also embellish by falling but what if the refs are not calling it a penalty until a player falls. It is just very unnecessarily messy and does not make a whole lot of sense. I can see why it may be necessary but they need to get a hold of consistency first and foremost.

Code:
Written Task: Do you do it? Would your player embellish the high stick? Take the dive? Try to get a call where there isn't one? Keep in mind a powerplay could win you the game here! These are important points in a playoff race! Would you take the opportunity, or is your player too hard-nosed for that? Are you a stick to the rules kind of player, or a take any chance you can get to win kind of player? (150+ words)

European players already have a bad rep of diving and being less physical, so Aksel chooses to lean into that when he feels a stick graze his chin. He sees the ref out of the corner of his eye and kind of flips back onto the ice. It's very dramatic and majestic and when they play it back on the big screen, everyone on the bench gives him kind of a look that they try and hide from the other team and the refs because Aksel really sold it and the refs eat it up. Shoyo Hinata on Atlanta gets two minutes for roughing and Aksel knows that his draft group chat is going to be very incendiary when he checks it post game, but they score off that penalty so really it's completely worth it. Would he do it again? Absolutely and just as full of dramatics. He'll backflip for a penalty, if needed.

Code:
155 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

You have to absolutely be sure that you aren’t getting caught for an extra minor for really throwing the head back. But gamesmanship is part of the sport and when a critical two points is on the line, we are absolutely going to try and take a penalty. If the stick catches you up high, even if its not a bad penalty, you have to try and draw it. I’m not usually one to ham it up, but the rulebook is pretty well drawn out that you have to control your stick up high. I’m not going down in a heap like a big old sack of potatoes. But you are going to see my glove come up to my face and reach for my chin and mouth. One thing I have been known to do is bite the lower lip to see if I can turn 2 minutes into 4. But if you ask me, the bruise and discomfort the rest of the week while eating is punishment enough for that play.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

playur prumpt

ya ok so if you are doing what i think you are doing and insiniuatin that i would ever dive like some english footybowl innits then on god himself i will smite you to the edge of this flat earth there is no way that i was not high sticked just because my face turns tomato red at the first thought of jesus does not mean that mark there isnt not a smack from the stick cmon ref i am both a stick to the rules player and an any chance to win kind of player if the refs stopped playing refpuck and instead called hockey they would see that i am both follow the rules and call the high stick that definitely hit me in this game we are in america and on americas motherland you cannot tell a lie under the constitution and just because im doing anything i can to win doesnt mean im being unchristian in any kind of way but also i just want to win

Written Task

I feel like a penalty for embellishment needs to exist, but the art of actually calling a penalty for it needs to be VERY specific. I have seen a few calls in the NHL for it where the player was borderline selling it, but others where the player clearly went down easy and nothing was called. It's also a bit hard sometimes too because of, you know, playing a sport on rounded blades on ice, it's easy to catch an edge and go down randomly without expecting it, as well as just get put into a weird place balance-wise and end up in an unavoidable fall simply because your body weight lined up poorly with your skates, or the situation you ended up in because of a play by someone else. I think diving in the NHL is not really a big problem, players do often sell calls I find, but the refs are also really bad at calling some penalties so as long as the game is called healthily I don't mind it too much. I really mainly get annoyed with how sporadic embellishment gets called making such a big topic of discussion when it does, but also how inconsistently it is called even within that small sample. There are probably a handful of times a game it could get called, but isn't, but then the one time it is called, its treated as a big deal as if most players aren't trying to sell high sticks, trips, hooks, etc. It's really normal to see people try to sell a call, and have nothing called on them for it. It's also a bit confusing because people assume embellishment equals a pure fake of a penalty, but it's just an over-sell so there can, and likely will be, offsetting penalties when it is called, which just makes the whole topic confusing in the first place. I would think it would be best to be used EXTREMELY RARELY and only for instances where it is 100% certain, simply because the game is played fast on a sheet of ice, people are going to fall easily in general and having this get called without the 100% certainty just makes it a bit of a joke to be honest.

Player Prompt - Just let me say this right off the bat. Antoine Beauregard ain't taking a dive for no reason. Embellishment is the most cowardly lowlife play in hockey and anyone who attempts it is an embarrassment to the sport. Weather it's an opponent or a teammate, you lose my respect for that kind of attitude. He'll you'd be lucky if I even flinched after taking a high stick. I ain't gonna give up in a play just cause some scrub hit me in the face. I will finish my play, and get the goal. If they don't say sorry, I'll come beat their ass next time I see them on the ice. Antoine Beauregard don't mess around, I demand respect from everyone on the ice, and if someone don't give it then I make them realize that they messed up. Taking a dive is just cheating to win, and if you can't win based on your own ability and athleticism then you don't have any business playing the game. If my coach or GM have a problem with that, then I guess I just change teams. I'd have more respect for someone I lay out and they stretcher off the ice than someone flopping like a salmon to get a penalty.

W:210

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France