Create Account

S74 All Star Week
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024, 10:08 PM by .Laser.)

PBE Affiliate (3/8)

Milestones (6/8)

#4 - TPE TPE TPE (9/8)
I think that there is a very significant and very fair correlation between TPE and making the all-star game, or for that matter winning any major awards. I say this because the sim tends to reward those with higher stats much, much more than it does those with lower stats. I will note that the opposite is usually true of goalkeepers, but other than that it's a pretty reasonable bell curve. It does have a decent amount to do with team composition as well, that is true. A 2k TPE player on a team whos next highest player sits at 1200 is probably going to have a lot of success in terms of points, but their +/- will likely be atrocious. Which, it also depends on what stats you look at when you decide All-Star Teams. If it's points, I think TPE definitely matters. If it's a more all-around stat, it may be that you pick far less on TPE and more on team situation.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

GM Pass

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

1. Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466024

2a
It is definitely to the West's advantage that there is such a high number of players from those two teams in the all star game. It doesn't matter that its just from those two teams, they still represent the Western Conference. I would also say that it makes the all star game a little worse seeing all those players from two separate teams. Fans like to see a variety of players from all over the league. That's why they tune in. That's why they buy tickets.

2d
Leonard Wood should have made the all star game because he had a fantastic season on Colorado's second line. He ranked fourth in scoring on the team, below three others who made the all star game for Colorado. Wood is an underrated player with tons of talent. His talents aren't always noticeable because he plays a two-way game on a deep team that otherwise has a lot of flash.

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
I'd like to congratulate Jussi Mutou for his selection to the SMJHL all star game. Jussi is a natural leader on the ice on the left wing of Colorado's first line alongside Shadow Fenix and Xavier Beausoleil. Jussi lead the team all the way to game 7 of the finals, where unfortunately we fell short of winning the cup. Mutou was fourth in scoring in the regular season with 40 goals and 49 assists for a total of 89 points. On top of that, he also ranked fourth in hits for the season at 185 as part of Colorado's legion of boom. Whether via his stats on the ice or his leadership off of the ice, it seems like there's nothing Jussi Mutou can't do. A well deserved pick to the All Star Game for sure. Expect Mutou to have a phenomenal time at the all star game itself. Our captain will have a great time whether he's scoring goals or not. It's an honor to be there, especially with the majority of the rest of the line he plays on.

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

0. Affiliate ISFL PT - +3 TPE

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones Link +3 TPE

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

I admit that I have not done any scientific work into this, I pay next to no attention to what TPE totals other people are at, could not tell you what TPE my player is at with confidence, and overall know next to nothing about the sim. Having said all that though I don't think there is a super strong correlation based off of one media piece I read a while ago that suggested my player was performing similarly over their career to date to the player of my amazing friend who is far more fantastic in terms of TPE earning including I do believe joining the 2k club on their current character. If it correlated more with TPE Dave probably would have been to more on his way to his peak TPE and earlier in regression than this season as he is starting to feel his age I would say.

Now whether there should be more or not is not something I feel I can confidently comment on. I can say from my experience as a max earner in two other leagues that I would like to see my max earning rewarded by better performance, but at the same time I do not want to see it be such a sure thing that it deters people who are not max earners from wanting to participate if that makes sense. My honest stance having minimal experience in this league is that if you are over 1000 TPE you should be able to contribute and potentially have an All-Star season while if you have 2000+ TPE you should get in more often than not. Beyond that I can't really say as I do not know enough about it all. Thank you for your time.

Code:
Word Count: 293

3+3+3=8 TPE courtesy of hard cap
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024, 11:14 PM by Massive Coiler.)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465482

3 TPE

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Once again the exact same thing has happened, so this may be quite similar to my write up from last season. First ballot hall of famer San-Sam Emerson has once again made an all star team. This time equally as impressive as last season, dragging his d partner, my player, Antonio Flusso up and down the ice every game all the way to the all star game for the second time. If you are going to pick one defender in the entire league, it should be Emerson. To make your mediocre d-partner look like an all star caliber player is quite the feat. No one in the league does it better than the elite scorer and defender who has helped carry Philly to the conference finals again and again. Not slacking on defense to make sacrifices to score is an incredible feat. An all around mutant of a player who can’t be replaced and shouldn’t be here at the all-star events.

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?

a. I think choosing the best of the best makes the game better. If the 10 best forwards in the league are all on one team, then they should all be at the all-star game. It might make it tough to root for and watch as a member or fan of an opposing team, but if you want the highest end players, sometimes this is how it shakes out.

b. I’m interested in watching the East’s defense, led by Philly’s elite d-pair San-Sam Emerson and Antonio Flusso. I’m sure there are other players on the team, but those are the two I know I as an unbiased fan want to see. Seeing interesting pairings of high level players is something that I see enough at international games. Let me see the best of the best with their pre-established chemistry dominate out there.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

1.)https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3461521  +3 TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?

a.) The less diverse the all star game is, the worse it is. However, you can't argue talent, and the West is very talented, so it makes sense. I think it is an advantage as far as Free Agents ago, since they see all the west players playing in the all star game, it might make them want to play for the west where all the all stars are from.

b.) I love the idea of players who don't usually play together... playing together. It is interesting and it lets everyone see how they would play with other players. Image if I could play with this person instead, you know? When players that are always together stay together, it is boring. So to answer the question I think the West.

C.) I don't think the goalies get to have fun at all. If they play well they will get called try hards, if they play poorly there are 20 other goalies wondering why they aren't in playing instead. Goalies are like D, they don't get to really have fun unless they are putting the rubber into the net.

8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Outdoor Truck was 100% snubbed. Outdoor Truck from New England threw 169 hits, had 73 blocks, and was still second on the Cup Winning Team with 81 points. That is nothing to sneeze at. With a shooting percentage over 13 percent, Outdoor Truck got tons of time on both the power play and the shorthanded situations. The right winger lacked faceoff wins, but who cares? second on the team in points! Also on the Got Snubbed list is Makrus the Tater Jager. Makrus was second in goals in NEW, with 39, but killed it in faceoff wins with over 60%. OVER 60 PERCENT!!! That is an amazing stat. Unlike Outdoor Truck, Makrus the Tater Jager was not on the powerplay or on the PK. Makrus had 42 takeaways, and was a shooting machine at 279 shots! Markus and Truck were snubbed, but that's okay, they got a cup! Go new Go!

+8!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Code:

Claim 3

Code:

It is an absolute advantage for the West to have a bunch of players from the same team. They have that built in chemistry which will give them a slight edge against a team with fewer players who know their teammate’s games in and out. For the fans though, it makes the game worse. Fans want to see impossible line combos not the same old same old line ups.
(69)

Code:

I am more interested in watching the East’s defense because I am self-centered and I am on it. With regression hitting Emerson hard, this could be my last go at the all-star game and to be able to enjoy it with my regular season D partner and bud, Antonio Flusso, means it is going to be memorable.
(57)

Code:
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

I think that there is a pretty strong correlation between TPE and getting an all-star nod. Generally speaking, the more TPE a player has the more top tier offensive production they will have. Although there are probably some people out there who do not like the idea a top point scorer automatically getting in, the fact is that an all-star game is supposed to be an offensive extravaganza. There are two reason I will so it is not a direct correlation. Because every team needs to have at least one representative, you are going to have lower TPE players squeaking into the game. There can also be a case of a team’s top goal scorer being lower TPE but highly specialized for their role. The people feeding them passes could be higher with the TPE but assists are not flashy enough to get you into the all-star game. It would be a shock to me if an all-star game was ever made up of a majority under 1500 TPE players.
(170)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 02:41 AM by SimmiZ. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466245

I dont really know if it makes it better or worst for the show, but on the ice, it's surely a big advantage. You have a lot of players that already play together, so the chemestry between them should be there, and would make it easier to make some good plays. (52 words)

If we go for the show, the answer would be the West. Sure like in my previous answer, the East have the upper hand because they know each others, but its always fun to see defenseman that never paired up before play together, and see how they're doing. It can give you a nice hint for DG that would want to make a trade. (65 words)

c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?

I think that the duo of Justin Time and Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz will have the more fun. I think that the East offense is a bit stronger than the West, So I think that the Western duo will face an huge amount of shots. Its the best way to train and challenge yourself before the new season. (56 words)

d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

At this point in my career, I think that Im pretty close to make the all-star game. They're just afraid that my player is a big wall, and a master of blocked shots. They think that I would steal the show from the goalies. My ability to blockshot with any parts of my body, deserve a place in the all-star game. (64 words)

GM pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Code:

Code:

+3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466273

Code:

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

To the surprise of absolutely no one, the Buffalo Stampede once again sent Konstantin Selich to the all-star game, for like the 7th or 8th straight season. Though plenty of "experts" predicted a significant drop in production from Selich and claimed he was "way past his prime", all Selich did was go out and lead the entire league in points with a whopping 127. Buffalo cruised the top seed and best record in the East despite icing a roster that many considered to be "average" and "devoid of the starpower that the best teams in the league boasted". Obviously all-star awards are based solely on performance over the course of one season, which again, Selich completely dominated in, but the fact is Selich probably has had the best run of any player in the entire league over the span of the last 8 seasons or so. Even as the players around him have come and gone and new faces are brought in, Selich has been the one offensive standout for Buffalo and continues to be an automatic inclusion in the all-star game for Buffalo. (187 words)

Code:

Code:

All-star selections are based on performance, so naturally there is going to be a correlation between being selected to the all-star game and TPE, since TPE should directly improve performance. There are of course several nuances. Having a high amount of TPE while being on a team that has many high TPE players can make it less likely to receive an all-star nod. With many high TPE players on one team, the points may get spread out more or some players may simply be outshone by their own teammates. This is of course bolstered by the fact that every team sends at least one player to the game, meaning there likely are going to be some less productive players from bad teams making it in over more productive players from good teams who may be the 3rd or 4th best player on their own team. Of course being just an above average TPE player on a team going through a full rebuild may get you an all-star nod by default as you are simply the best option on a team that has single digit wins. Of course we should expect that players with more TPE will perform better and therefore more likely to be an all-star, but the rules are setup in a way that lower TPE players may also get nods, but in a way that I believe makes sense and can recognize players who have had standout performances on poor teams, even though there may be cases where a bad player gets the nod simply because someone has to be the representative of a bad team. (273 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2024, 12:32 AM by Jumbobone19. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Milestones - 3 TPE

ISFL Affiliate - 3 TPE
Username: Jumbo

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 11:45 AM by Seymour. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL - https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid769337 +3

------------------------

Milestones - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466310 +2

------------------------

Code:

I would say it is 50/50 on the correlation of TPE and making the all-star game. I think another two factors are coaching adjustments and the team. While having the TPE to make your player great is a huge step ahead, if you are playing with subpar linemates then you will not produce. On top of that having a General Manager that knows what they are doing when setting lineups and the player sets up then that is another advantage. This is not to say that you should not update as much and force your way to a team that has good linemates for you. But if you think that you will make the all-star game because you have the highest TPE amount your positional peers, then I think you are wrong. There are so many different things that could impact your ability to make the game outside of the other two I listed. At the end of the day it all comes down to stats. (+3)

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

+3 TPE Milestones

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Milestones: +1
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466320

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

1. Milestones, 2/3

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]