Create Account

Team Spotlight Weeks - Week 3

Welcome to Team Spotlight Weeks! 

We're starting our next week on Monday.

If you missed the start or are unsure about what this is all about, please refer to the original announcement provided here.
To prevent any spoilers from RSS-feeds on Discord, the teams for this week will be posted in the initial reply of this thread. Please scroll down to find them. 

Rules to receive the 2x payout:

Always mark your submission title with [2x Team Spotlight]!

Graphics:
  • Submit up to 4 graphics (up to 6 for hockey cards) per week.
  • Both spotlight teams need to be included in the weekly submission.
  • The bonus only applies to graphics that cover the two weekly teams. All other unrelated graphics will receive a regular payout.
Arrow All Graphics submission guidelines.

Written media and podcasts:
  • At least one of the two spotlight teams needs to be covered in written media (250+ words) or in a podcast (20+ minutes).
  • A maximum of two articles/two podcasts per week are allowed.
  • SMJHL content goes into the SMJHL media forum, SHL content into the SHL media forum.
  • AI-generated content is not permitted. For more details, please refer to our Policy on AI Tools for Content Creation.
Arrow All SHL Media rules | SMJHL Media rules.

You are allowed to collect 2x payout for eligible submissions in both departments, so you can submit both graphics and media each week if you want to.

The submission deadline is always the following Sunday (11:59 PM EST). Keep in mind that the submission week starts on Monday, so you'll still have this weekend to finish week 2 if you like. From Monday on you can submit your work for week 3.

If you have questions, feel free to contact @Carpy48 or @Evil_AllBran for graphics questions and @TheGreatToeJam or @MikeLiut for media questions.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

This week's two spotlight teams will be Newfoundland Berserkers from the SMJHL and Minnesota Monarchs from the SHL - featuring their brand-new logo.

[Image: V7Xi5aY.png]

Submit your work in the respective forum (graphics or media) between Monday, February 19th and Sunday, February 25th (11:59 PM EST).

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

can I write the entire thing on the monarch butterfly in keeping with the new logo

[Image: Skree.gif]

02-17-2024, 10:22 AMec06aaj Wrote: can I write the entire thing on the monarch butterfly in keeping with the new logo
Hey @ec06aaj

I'm glad that you're excited for the Team Spotlight this week! Just a reminder that regular SHL Media Rules still apply - if you would like a write a piece about the new logo we would gladly accept it, but something strictly about butterflies probably wouldn't be. 
If you have any questions about specifics don't hesitate to shoot me a message here on the site or on discord to TheGreatToeJam. 

Cheers!

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

Newfoundland Berserkers Spotlight:

Excited that the first time I participate in the Team Spotlight I have the privilege to write about my team and teammates. I’ll start with a very brief overview of the squad, and then talk about what I deem the most important about this organization. 

The Newfoundland Berserkers currently stand in 9th place with a .500 record of 16-16-1, led by key players, Sad Ketchup, Sabage Cabage, and Mac Griddle. The team has showcased a pretty decent season so far and hope to improve in the second half of the season, currently looking to improve off their hot spell being 8-2-1 in their last 11.

Sad Ketchup, the #1 center, has been a standout player with 40 points in 33 games and arguably their best. The trio of Sabage Cabage, Mac Griddle, and Jason Warwaha, all wingers, have demonstrated their scoring touch with 102 points combined, contributing significantly to the team's offensive output. In a four-game stretch, Griddle has netted an impressive six goals and contributed two assists, leaving a significant impact on the scoresheet. His standout performance was a dazzling display against the Carolina Kraken, where he notched two goals and two assists.

On the defensive end, the towering presence of Eric Vanderberg Jr has been crucial, notching 33 points in 33 games already surpassing his point total last year in fewer contests. Displaying his playmaking abilities, Vanderberg has notched an impressive five assists in the 4-game span. The defensive core, including Slowpoke, Cracker Pizza, and Turtle Bob, has provided stability in their own zone with key defensive contributions.

In goal, Launchpad McQuack has been a towering figure, posting a 10-9-1 record with a 2.9 goals against average and a solid .910 save percentage in 21 games. The duo of Launchpad McQuack and Ben Harrison has been deemed serviceable through these first games of the season and have been consistent as of late.

As the season progresses, the Newfoundland Berserkers appear poised for continued success with a balanced roster and are currently on a hot streak. If they can continue to be consistent, who knows where the team will finish when the season comes to an end.

Now where I think the organization has successfully accomplished is the overwhelming sense of openness and eagerness. As soon as I joined the discord, I was welcomed with open arms and a lot of excitement. Everybody helped me make the adjustment right away, especially getting familiar with the forums and player portal, which is awesome by the way. It seems like everybody wants everybody to succeed as well as the team. I have received countless advice from many of my peers as well as players from other teams which isn’t so common in the communities I’ve been in. I’m excited about where I ended up and I am excited to see how the rest of the season progresses and how the rest of my career progresses as a Berserker. Let's Go Newfoundland!

Newfoundland Berserkers Spotlight:

Excited that the first time I participate in the Team Spotlight I have the privilege to write about my team and teammates. I’ll start with a very brief overview of the squad, and then talk about what I deem the most important about this organization. 

The Newfoundland Berserkers currently stand in 9th place with a .500 record of 16-16-1, led by key players, Sad Ketchup, Sabage Cabage, and Mac Griddle. The team has showcased a pretty decent season so far and hope to improve in the second half of the season, currently looking to improve off their hot spell being 8-2-1 in their last 11.

Sad Ketchup, the #1 center, has been a standout player with 40 points in 33 games and arguably their best. The trio of Sabage Cabage, Mac Griddle, and Jason Warwaha, all wingers, have demonstrated their scoring touch with 102 points combined, contributing significantly to the team's offensive output. In a four-game stretch, Griddle has netted an impressive six goals and contributed two assists, leaving a significant impact on the scoresheet. His standout performance was a dazzling display against the Carolina Kraken, where he notched two goals and two assists.

On the defensive end, the towering presence of Eric Vanderberg Jr has been crucial, notching 33 points in 33 games already surpassing his point total last year in fewer contests. Displaying his playmaking abilities, Vanderberg has notched an impressive five assists in the 4-game span. The defensive core, including Slowpoke, Cracker Pizza, and Turtle Bob, has provided stability in their own zone with key defensive contributions.

In goal, Launchpad McQuack has been a towering figure, posting a 10-9-1 record with a 2.9 goals against average and a solid .910 save percentage in 21 games. The duo of Launchpad McQuack and Ben Harrison has been deemed serviceable through these first games of the season and have been consistent as of late.

As the season progresses, the Newfoundland Berserkers appear poised for continued success with a balanced roster and are currently on a hot streak. If they can continue to be consistent, who knows where the team will finish when the season comes to an end.

Now where I think the organization has successfully accomplished is the overwhelming sense of openness and eagerness. As soon as I joined the discord, I was welcomed with open arms and a lot of excitement. Everybody helped me make the adjustment right away, especially getting familiar with the forums and player portal, which is awesome by the way. It seems like everybody wants everybody to succeed as well as the team. I have received countless advice from many of my peers as well as players from other teams which isn’t so common in the communities I’ve been in. I’m excited about where I ended up and I am excited to see how the rest of the season progresses and how the rest of my career progresses as a Berserker. Let's Go Newfoundland!

Just wanted to mention that I really appreciate the timing of these spotlight releases. It allows us the weekend to make these graphics before their week starts, so we don't have to push to find time during the week. Thanks!

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]