Create Account

Official PC Gaming Thread

Just got DayZ standalone as well, I never played the original so it's quite the experience... Very cool so far, but quite obviously still very buggy.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Dec 22 2013, 02:46 PM
Just got DayZ standalone as well, I never played the original so it's quite the experience... Very cool so far, but quite obviously still very buggy.

Yeah I've had a few bugs, nothing too bad so far though. One I had was a zombie running towards me, making a ton of noise. Just as I went to hit him, he disappeared, but I could still hear him, which was scary as shit. Another was a zombie getting stuck in a wall, that one was kinda funny.

Also picked up Crusader Kings II, Rogue Legacy, and DuckTales today. :D

Quote:Originally posted by teztify+Dec 22 2013, 07:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (teztify @ Dec 22 2013, 07:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Yeah I've had a few bugs, nothing too bad so far though. One I had was a zombie running towards me, making a ton of noise. Just as I went to hit him, he disappeared, but I could still hear him, which was scary as shit. Another was a zombie getting stuck in a wall, that one was kinda funny.[/b]

Yeah it's mostly the moving, clipping through walls etc. that still feels pretty buggy. But at least I haven't had any critical errors so far that crashed the game or ended up killing my char. I expect one of them to come sooner or later though :D. Did you play the original mod?

<!--QuoteBegin-teztify@Dec 22 2013, 07:55 PM
Also picked up Crusader Kings II, Rogue Legacy, and DuckTales today. :D[/quote]

Rogue Legacy is an awesome game, it can be pretty frustrating at the start but once you get going it is so much fun for such a simple principle.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

DayZ is still in alpha so if you expect to not get bugs you are crazy. But its smart to buy it now and even wait till full release because once it goes to full release it will become full price.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Dec 22 2013, 10:55 AM
Also picked up Crusader Kings II, Rogue Legacy, and [b]DuckTales today. :D[/b]

Ya you did :D

I got Fez from Tez today. Feels good man.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Harry@Dec 22 2013, 08:07 PM
DayZ is still in alpha so if you expect to not get bugs you are crazy. But its smart to buy it now and even wait till full release because once it goes to full release it will become full price.

I knew that there would be a ton of bugs and I don't hold it against the game, but that doesn't change the fact that they can be pretty annoying Wink

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Dec 22 2013, 01:17 PM

I knew that there would be a ton of bugs and I don't hold it against the game, but that doesn't change the fact that they can be pretty annoying Wink

Yeah I played Arma 3 when it was first released and it became kind of unplayable so I decided to wait till full release and now the game is just amazing. I will probably do the same for DayZ and buy now but wait till later to play.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Dec 22 2013, 03:03 PM

Yeah it's mostly the moving, clipping through walls etc. that still feels pretty buggy. But at least I haven't had any critical errors so far that crashed the game or ended up killing my char. I expect one of them to come sooner or later though :D. Did you play the original mod?

Rogue Legacy is an awesome game, it can be pretty frustrating at the start but once you get going it is so much fun for such a simple principle.

Nope, never played the mod so it's been a new experience, and I like it a lot so far.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Dec 22 2013, 08:31 PM

Nope, never played the mod so it's been a new experience, and I like it a lot so far.

Same for me, looks pretty cool so far although I have yet to meet another human besides the guy I'm playing with :D

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Dec 22 2013, 03:35 PM

Same for me, looks pretty cool so far although I have yet to meet another human besides the guy I'm playing with :D

I've ran into two, one who spoke to me on the mic. He told me to put my hands up, so I turn around to look at him. He must have thought I was armed or something (I had more gear than he did), so he was like "Uhh just kidding" and ran off, which was funny. The other person attacked me but had no weapons so I killed him with a bat. Good times :lol:

Tez buy me DayZ

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Dec 22 2013, 08:42 PM

I've ran into two, one who spoke to me on the mic. He told me to put my hands up, so I turn around to look at him. He must have thought I was armed or something (I had more gear than he did), so he was like "Uhh just kidding" and ran off, which was funny. The other person attacked me but had no weapons so I killed him with a bat. Good times :lol:

How long did you play so far? And where did you go after spawning?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Dec 22 2013, 03:53 PM

How long did you play so far? And where did you go after spawning?

I've got 3 hours played so far, so not too much. I have no idea where I went, I dunno the map or town names yet :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Dec 22 2013, 08:59 PM

I've got 3 hours played so far, so not too much. I have no idea where I went, I dunno the map or town names yet :lol:

Okay cool, played for about 3 hours as well so far and moved a bit inland now into a town called Mogilevka.

Pretty cool encounters btw :D

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard