Create Account

Official car thread

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 12 2014, 06:39 PM

Yeah 3900 is a lot, car is definitely pretty nice but not reliable at all and unless you're a gear head it's going to cost A TON to fix much of anything, everything to do with those cars comes at a premium. Most places charge more for everything (Even fucking oil changes) on porsche and other high end cars.

yeah, Im sort of at a loss for what I want to get. That Porsche is fucking nice but Im not sure if it will be best for me. Thinking something like a Honda Civic or an older Nissan but they are pretty tiny. idkkk haha

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Feb 12 2014, 06:41 PM

Coming from someone who's dealt with several money-pit cars at a young age, I highly advise getting something that is going to be reliable until your financially stable enough to deal with a more expensive car and everything that comes with it. Might not be as "cool", but at least you won't be broke and you'll have a decent car. I'd even recommend spending a little extra on something that will last, because in the long run it'll save you money.

Volkswagen Jetta sounds like the car for me then! "Old Volswagens dont die, they just get lower." :lol:

Currently own a 2004 Dodge neon srt 4, 2005 Dodge Magnum rt, and a 1996 Ford Explorer EDDIE BAUER EDITION

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Feb 12 2014, 06:41 PM

Coming from someone who's dealt with several money-pit cars at a young age, I highly advise getting something that is going to be reliable until your financially stable enough to deal with a more expensive car and everything that comes with it. Might not be as "cool", but at least you won't be broke and you'll have a decent car. I'd even recommend spending a little extra on something that will last, because in the long run it'll save you money.
Yeahthat

I've had a 98 Tiburon, a 00 Malibu, 97 Accord and now a 98 Civic.
The first 3 all had huge problems on them. My Civic actually bust a head as I drove it off the lot after I paid for it :lol: But it's been reliable since then, it's got a crack on the rack and pinion but I've got it sealed up for now.

But definitely want something reliable the amount I've spent on doing repairs (And I do it all myself or with my dad so I don't pay any shops) is more than enough to have gotten a reliable car to begin with.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 12 2014, 06:51 PM

Yeahthat

I've had a 98 Tiburon, a 00 Malibu, 97 Accord and now a 98 Civic.
The first 3 all had huge problems on them. My Civic actually bust a head as  I drove it off the lot after I paid for it :lol: But it's been reliable since then, it's got a crack on the rack and pinion but I've got it sealed up for now.

But definitely want something reliable the amount I've spent on doing repairs (And I do it all myself or with my dad so I don't pay any shops) is more than enough to have gotten a reliable car to begin with.

98 Civic is actually one of my favorite cars. Black with the Honda badge painted red Wink

Holy crap! Glad my phone is sending me updates!

First Snappy, no offense, your drunk! I'm a Honda guy and I'll tell you that straight up, but I'm also a tech and I can tell you, and I bet every other tech can to, never buy a German car unless its under brand new warranty. When they break, everything breaks, and on top of that, they are a pain in the ass to fix. You said you like Civic's get one, 98's are some of the best they made, and its not 'painted' badges, its a whole new emblem. The red background with chrome 'H' is a JDM thing. All Japanese Honda's come with them, and we Honda guy's are JDM whores! Also I agree with Merica, stick is simple, took me a day to figure it out, and I've been driving with it since, I will never buy an automatic. And don't take manual lesson's in school, its a pain in the ass to learn the 'proper' skills, just take the auto, learn then buy a stick.

And now, Merica, you own a ls300, loves those cars was thinking of buying one but got my Si instead. What have you done to it? Any 2JZ swaps? :D

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

My next car is hopefully going to be a Nissan 240. I loved working on the one my dad had. Ton of work went into that beast

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 12 2014, 07:44 PM
My next car is hopefully going to be a Nissan 240. I loved working on the one my dad had. Ton of work went into that beast

Awesome car, but unless your from the Southern States, they are a rare gem to find in good condition. I've looked for a few around my area, a good one is 5,000$, and that's stock.

What's your plans for it Maxy?

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Feb 12 2014, 09:10 PM

Awesome car, but unless your from the Southern States, they are a rare gem to find in good condition. I've looked for a few around my area, a good one is 5,000$, and that's stock.

What's your plans for it Maxy?
I'm in Florida so they hold up well.

I want to do like me and my dad did with the last one we had. Swap the engine with a SR-20, put in a T28 turbo and a Silvia swap engine harness and body kit. My dad had a realllll nice one that I helped him build but he ended up selling it. It'll likely cost around 20k to get things where I want them

First car was a 1990 BMW 535i... I fucking loved that car.

Next car is a 07' Honda Fit Sport... I love it but i'm ready for a new one, but it's paid off (from brand new to present) and pretty reliable so I have no worries. My wife and I are looking soon for a compact SUV. I really wanna look at the new Subaru Foresters.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

First car was a 1996 Plymouth Neon. That was an interesting little car. I don't fit in it anymore, main reason for moving up.

Current car is a 2009 Dodge Avenger SXT. Sexy as fuck, love it. But also a bit big for it, nearly knock myself out every time I hit a speed bump.

Next car... no clue. I'd like to have a truck one day. Just something that my dad always had F-150s, it's very useful, and so may go to that eventually. But I'm a long way from dropping the Avenger.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Feb 12 2014, 07:41 PM

First Snappy, no offense, your drunk! I'm a Honda guy and I'll tell you that straight up, but I'm also a tech and I can tell you, and I bet every other tech can to, never buy a German car unless its under brand new warranty. When they break, everything breaks, and on top of that, they are a pain in the ass to fix. You said you like Civic's get one, 98's are some of the best they made, and its not 'painted' badges, its a whole new emblem. The red background with chrome 'H' is a JDM thing. All Japanese Honda's come with them, and we Honda guy's are JDM whores! Also I agree with Merica, stick is simple, took me a day to figure it out, and I've been driving with it since, I will never buy an automatic. And don't take manual lesson's in school, its a pain in the ass to learn the 'proper' skills, just take the auto, learn then buy a stick.

And now, Merica, you own a ls300, loves those cars was thinking of buying one but got my Si instead. What have you done to it? Any 2JZ swaps? :D

Yeah, Im relatively new to cars but its time to search for one. And with the red background on the Honda emblem, I was referencing how ricers paint it red even if they arent japanese imported Hondas :lol:

I know the aftermarket support for the Civic is arguably the best in the world and that is why I am considering buying one. Hondas and VW's are the most reliable cars out there. Im considering a Jetta TDI because Diesel is at least 10c cheaper per litre and its more efficient. They are absolute tanks with MPG aswell

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Feb 12 2014, 09:40 PM
First car was a 1996 Plymouth Neon. That was an interesting little car. I don't fit in it anymore, main reason for moving up.

Current car is a 2009 Dodge Avenger SXT. Sexy as fuck, love it. But also a bit big for it, nearly knock myself out every time I hit a speed bump.

Next car... no clue. I'd like to have a truck one day. Just something that my dad always had F-150s, it's very useful, and so may go to that eventually. But I'm a long way from dropping the Avenger.

save up for the Ford Raptor Wink $50,000

If you guys want to laugh your asses off, here you go

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GfDWQbnb-Zo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GfDWQbnb-Zo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Feb 12 2014, 07:41 PM

I've only done a few things, most notably BC Racing Coilovers and a Kevlar clutch. Eventually I will be looking at swapping motors, but right now it's not high on priority list. I will say though, these 2jz's are pretty much bulletproof. Great motors.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.