Create Account

S50 WFT #1 - Out on a Limb

Code:
Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

Fordy sleeps on a bed of outlandish beliefs. SFP have won five games in a row! There is no way we will even be in that stressful of a predicament, we--*hears a knock at the door* What's that? Oh, reality knocking. Hmm. I still think he's wrong, because LAP is in LA where there is traffic that I don't like, and SFP is in San Francisco where there is also traffic that I don't like but I recall it less because it's been a couple years since I've been there, so obviously, the SFP players playing at home are less frustrated with driving, can focus more on playing their game, and it's SFP's time to shine in the sun that both cities get.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Code:
Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

Bold predictions are supposed to be achievable in some way or another. Looking through the last few seasons CCII has a very hit total at 197 the previous 2 seasons, and 181 in S47. At his update to the checking attribute he is seeing an increase of 20 hits at most per 5 TPE spent, and he is sitting at 90 checking currently with 10 banked TPE, so assuming he puts those into checking he is almost at 91. That is 96 TPE away from max of 99 overall and I will add that the season is already underway, every sim not capped is losing potential. With his increase rate over the last 3 seasons, I think a realistic prediction is he cracks 200 hits, and maybe even inches his way up to 215. A bold prediction would be 225, 250 is un-achievable due to starting the season not maxed out and also where do you suggest he picks up an additional 50 hits?
With 14 Hits through 4 games, CCII is currently tracking for 150, he needs to increase his average hits per game by 2 in order to hit this number (an increase of 66% current).

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Blastmeaway - Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs

This is the hottest of takes now that @StadiumGambler has taken over the team. Having been coached by StadiumGambler I can tell you from personal experience that he is a true tactician and not only does he understand the game well, but he also has a gift for assessing players. The only collapse that will ever happen with StadiumGambler at the helm of Winnipeg will be the jaws of every disbeliever dropping to the floor when Winnipeg surges into the playoffs.

[Image: p82ugau.png]

10-04-2019, 11:22 AMImASurvivor Wrote:
Code:
Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

Nothing about this LA Panthers team screams playoffs to me, let's analyze. Sure their team is young and getting better, and one would only assume that they would improve on last season's performance because of this, but I don't think they are quite there yet. In regards to forwards, they only have 2 top-3 forwards (1300+ TPE) in Mauldin and Winter, 2 top-6 forwards(1000-1300 TPE) in Fujikawa and Cannellini, and then only 3 top-9 forwards (700-1000 TPE) in Forsberg, Clijsters, and Morgan. This reveals 2 gaping holes in their forward core that should result in below-average offensive production relative to the rest of the league. Meanwhile, their defensive core does not make up for what's lacking on offense. With just 1 top-2 defenseman in Toner, and then the rest of the top-6 filled with top-6 talent, there just isn't enough quality there to keep shots away from what is the worst goaltending duo in the league. Both their starter and backup find themselves in the fourth tier of TPE, Evgueni has 645 and Booth has 533, so with the number of shots that are set to attack these two backup level goaltenders, the Panthers are screwed. On paper, this team looks to be heading to another top-5 first-round selection, but with SimonT, anything can happen.

Height doesn't measure heart and neither does TPE. Calling us the worst goaltending duo in the league shows just how much you're underestimating us and only paying attention to the numbers, but not the details. Take a look at our record so far and how we've produced and then tell me that we don't have the quality defense to keep the shots away. I can't wait to prove you wrong and stone you on every shot you take from the point (you know, because we won't be letting you anywhere near the slot). But hey, when we wreck the league and end up on top you'll still be able to blame SimonT for it, but we won't question it because us Panthers will know the real truth.

Wink

[Image: p82ugau.png]

"Blastmeaway - Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs"

"Old Man Izzy - Winnipeg will surge in the regular season and StadiumGambler will win Coach of the Year"

Lol no, not happening. Everyone in these takes is thinking that either Winnipeg will do fantastically and then drop off the face of the Earth, or they'll do horribly and then skyrocket to the top of the standings. These are completely missing the most likely option: Winnipeg is lukewarm at best. They'll do completely average for the entire year, few wins, few losses, and everyone will be waiting for that switch to flip that'll never happen. Every stretch of two or three wins or losses in a row will be overly scrutinized for no reason, and in the end they'll miss the playoffs in a disappointingly expected fashion. In the end, everyone will forget about this and go on with their lives like nothing changed. Much like my ex.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019, 12:54 PM by ImASurvivor.)

10-04-2019, 12:47 PMTate Wrote:
10-04-2019, 11:22 AMImASurvivor Wrote:
Code:

Nothing about this LA Panthers team screams playoffs to me, let's analyze. Sure their team is young and getting better, and one would only assume that they would improve on last season's performance because of this, but I don't think they are quite there yet. In regards to forwards, they only have 2 top-3 forwards (1300+ TPE) in Mauldin and Winter, 2 top-6 forwards(1000-1300 TPE) in Fujikawa and Cannellini, and then only 3 top-9 forwards (700-1000 TPE) in Forsberg, Clijsters, and Morgan. This reveals 2 gaping holes in their forward core that should result in below-average offensive production relative to the rest of the league. Meanwhile, their defensive core does not make up for what's lacking on offense. With just 1 top-2 defenseman in Toner, and then the rest of the top-6 filled with top-6 talent, there just isn't enough quality there to keep shots away from what is the worst goaltending duo in the league. Both their starter and backup find themselves in the fourth tier of TPE, Evgueni has 645 and Booth has 533, so with the number of shots that are set to attack these two backup level goaltenders, the Panthers are screwed. On paper, this team looks to be heading to another top-5 first-round selection, but with SimonT, anything can happen.

Height doesn't measure heart and neither does TPE. Calling us the worst goaltending duo in the league shows just how much you're underestimating us and only paying attention to the numbers, but not the details. Take a look at our record so far and how we've produced and then tell me that we don't have the quality defense to keep the shots away. I can't wait to prove you wrong and stone you on every shot you take from the point (you know, because we won't be letting you anywhere near the slot). But hey, when we wreck the league and end up on top you'll still be able to blame SimonT for it, but we won't question it because us Panthers will know the real truth.

Wink

You might have nice sigs over there in Los Angeles but you can read this while you sit in the never-ending traffic it takes to get to the stadium. I have an SMJHL shot and I can clap it so hard I could score all the way from down here on you plebs in goal. It's a long season there matey and reality will catch up to you soon. I do use SimonT as my human shield and he enjoys it. Best of luck.

Heart

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

Quote:Blastmeaway - Manhattan will win the President's Trophy

Totally false. Everyone knows that the President's trophy is cursed. And Manhattan are winning the challenge cup! So ergo they cannot will that other cup!

....as an aside, I kinda wish the trophy people cared more about was infact the president's. Being top at the end of fifty games seems more impressive to me than winning a mini tournament at the end of the season.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

10-04-2019, 11:43 AMCanadianDuck Wrote: Toronto won't finish last in the league

For this to be true 2 things need to happen, 1:Toronto needs to have some amazing good luck, and 2: Another team needs to have an even worse year.

I would argue that the PT team actually got this one right. Have you seen the squad we've got over in Texas? This Renegades team has a lot of good, young talent and will be a force to reckon with in a few seasons, but there's no way right now that we finish ahead of Toronto this season with 4 rookies cracking the top 2 lines/pairings.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

This is extra wrong. Mike Izzy is an absolute staple to this league and capable of existing beyond what we consider a normal human to be capable of.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Quote:Blastmeaway - Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs

This is an extra wrong statement because the Winnipeg  Jets have made the playoffs each season since S48 and are trending in the right direction to be a powerhouse in the Northwest Division in the Western conference.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Code:
Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

This is extra wrong because Mike Izzy, as we all know, is eternal and an everlasting flame in Calgary. He still is a great player that helps his team massively, there is no way he retires.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Guy Zheng and Perry Morgan will win the Stevens and Biscuit awards, respectively, in a NEW sweep

The Wolfpack has been trash to start the season. Like dumpster fire bad. If guy and Perry want to win awards, it’s going to take the entire team to turn things around as they can only do so much.

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

As a rookie in the major leagues and not following how many the 1st place person usually gets in hits by the end I feel as though 250 is way too high and he will not have the TPE to pull that off in terms of aggressiveness.

[47 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Katth - Toronto won't finish last in the league

You can never count out Lokitonov. This man looked completely done in the first 15 or so games last season, but he ended up finishing with the most points in the league and got Toronto to finish above both Hamilton and Texas. I don't think Toronto's team is that great, but I think they're at least better than Texas. I don't see how they can finish below Texas this season, especially with Lokitonov on the roster.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Code:
Blastmeaway - Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs

This is definitely not happening, with the core group veteran group that StadiumGambler assembled although it may jeopardize their future they will pull through and make the playoffs. I don't think StadiumGambler is looking that nothing more a Challenge Cup this season with the moves he made in the off-season.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43