Create Account

Emiko Spector (Thing about the user)

Hello, it's been around a year nearly since i joined this league as MantoRune originally and Now i'm Emiko. I thought i'd do a small write up about some stuff that i know some of you don't know about me.

So let's begin with the no sim league stuff. I have told people stuff about me in the past but not a terrible amount. I know some of you had known me from different places and known me as Manto mainly. Well first i thought it might be nice to finally do a introduction correctly. Hello, I'm Emi and i'm a 25 year old girl hailing from the UK. Most have you might have called me a He and i thought i'd add this here just to let you all know that i'm actually a girl xD.

So let's start at the beginning, I originally joined simulation leagues on 7th June 2018. I was brought into the GOMHL (Get On My Hockey League) By @Samee, we met in r/hockey on discord i think. I just remember getting a random message asking to join the league. At first i did not fully understand the whole simulation league stuff. It was very confusing to a first time user and i did not know what was happening or what to do. Manto Rune was my first player over in that league I remember being drafted in the 2nd round (This is a small draft) by Samee and i think @Waters at the time who GM'd the Ottawa Lumberjacks. I know that didn't last as a partnership for a long time. I think that by the time i had started to understand what was happening @GeckoeyGecko was co-gm. By the time my second season had ended Geck had moved onto being the head GM and @Plasman had taken over as co. I didn't last at Ottawa very long for my first stint with Etsuko. I had been asked to be traded to the Toronto Owls that had been ran by @JSS or @NJBadApple. I remember this being my first time being recommended the Simulation Hockey League (SHL). I first joined the league on 7th August 2018 i did not create my player for 4 days after. Takehiko Yukimura was the characters name and i was a recruit for season 44. I was contacted by the Anchorage Armada and i signed up with them when i first joined. I do not fully remember what happened at the time. I just remember confused about it all as it was very different to the league i was used too. It was a real shame as i really wanted to be a center that played a 2-way game. I did later get to do this and i am very happy that i got too as it was something super fun. I decided to leave the league for a bit and concentrated on the GOMHL. By this time i had been released by Toronto and moved onto the Vancouver Kodiaks. I remember that @WannabeFinn being co-gm at the time with @Pingy being the main GM of the team at the time. The team had just won a cup and it was looking bright but then we slowly collapsed as Pingy went inactive. As a result we started to lose a lot and i was there for roughly 3 seasons and i had started to hit my prime as people began to leave the team. I decided to leave the team and head back to Ottawa via a trade and i spent the season not really doing much. The following season began my career in management in simulation leagues.

I became CO-GM of the team around S25 and had been doing that role for a season before Plasman decided to retire at the end of the season. It was during this team i met @majesiu who was one of the stars for the Lumberjacks and he was talking to Plasman about join the PBE, we both joined the league the same day. On the 2nd March 2019 i joined the Professional Baseball Experience (PBE). I had created my first player there on 2nd March 2019. Manto Rune had popped up in baseball this time. I think this was something that really made me go back to the league. I never did like leaving my players going inactive. I went in the 4th round (28th Overall) to the Florida Space Rangers which was GM'd by @iamslm22 and Bovo. My first season in the league i was not very active and only did minimul work. In my second season i become a medium earner. I would do all my PTs and weekly stuff but i could never afford equipment. I never made it to the majors with Florida as by the start of my 3rd Season i was shipped of to Outer Banks Aviators for @StamkosFan and some other pieces. I arrived in OBX not in the best of modes to be honest. I really feel bad to this day for how i treated @ckroyal92 whow as gm at the time. I never really settled there and quickly moved on. I moved away on free agency to the Providence crabs where i met @leafer. 28th July 2019 i joined them and was there for roughly 4 seasons. During this time i joined the SHL again as Emiko Spector i recreated the player 10th May 2019. When i was creating the player i was worried about going inactive and i was still running my GOMHL team. I decided to continue and push on. I had been contacted by @notorioustig asking if i'd like to join the team. I was informed that i had joined the league a day before trade deadline so i would be going into that seasons draft. I didn't fully know what to do again so i joined the Falcons and had 2 solid seasons there winning a goalie of the year award along the way. I was traded to Colorado during this time and played for the Raptors. I loved my 1 season down there as i got to play some big games and had another great season and set a record. i can't remember what it was for.. just know that it was set. Something of note though is i never got to lift the minors cup. In S48 i was drafted by @JSS to the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Honestly, the team wasn't my first choice at the time but they where a close second as i knew a lot of people on the team. I did enjoy my time there but i did play behind Blue and i was going to be stuck there for a bit. So in S52 i walked in free agency to Edmonton Blizzard where i met @Keygan for the first time as we hadn't spoken before. They where the team i wanted to be on originally. Now i'm happy there. In between my stints there i had been World Juniors GM for Team Worlds with @golden_apricot where we took Bronze and had a short stint as co-federation head with @Katth.

I never really took the SHL as my main league and i still do not sadly. It's a third league to me currently as i am just a player here.

Now back to the PBE... In the time with the crabs i had accomplished a lot. I had become a updater and compendium member in my first year. I did compendium for a long time but left eventually when i started to take on more roles. I had been trying to become a General Manager there for a bit helping in various teams. It wasn't till 29th October 2019 i was told that i had finally found a CO-GM spot. I started working with Legally Blind Gamer and we have been a GM team ever since. In our first season together we took the Dallas Dynamos to the world series and won. We also managed to take them there again the past season but fell against the mounties.

I had become Rookie Mentoring head in the PBE and it is a role i keep doing till this day! I take pride in this role the most to be honest as i love helping rookies. I do enjoy my time in sim leagues so far but sadly they're not all filled with good memories.

I left the job of GM of Ottawa in S28 as i had decided to retire Manto early and take a small step back due to the death of my grandmother but that did not last long and i was a GM again by S29 but this time i had taken over the Montreal Royals while leading the team i have managed to get 2 cups for the team in 4 seasons and we're favourites again this season. I had put Etsuko in the GOMHL as the center idea i had for here and she led the league in points in S32.

Now, we'll get to some of the changes....

First of all... I joined R/Fakebaseball which i have actually enjoyed my time in but sadly it wasn't all roses.

It was while here i stumbled upon a user that had a past of being harrasing and other things. I did not know at the time what this user was like and they contacted me out of the blue.

I've been a fairly open person with my inbox and such due to my time working on Fan Translations on games. It was something that i was fairly used too. I didn't know this individual and i had started speaking to them. We got speaking and at the time i was coming out as Trans to the world so my gender was pretty well known. The user seemed to be focusing on those aspects of me and themselves. As a result i got creeped out very quickly and had gone quiet for a bit. I had to change my usernames everywhere as a result. This was due to recieving messages everywhere that had my old username. I had been pretty spooked by that and didn't think about it till recently till it came up again. It threw me off for a good minute and i wasn't sure how to go about it.

I was ready to just go hiding and changing again but i can't keep doing that. I realised that...

Now we get to last S16 in the PBE...

I retired Manto due to being told for the longest time i was being given a expansion team basically so i thought well i didn't like this player much anyways so i'll go and be the pitcher i always wanted. That did not pan out and i was without a team... I entered into the draft being legit confused about what would happen. I knew i had the bank to be a top player and that i'd try my hardest but didn't know what i was going to do. It wasn't till i spoke to @Cmac8 and saborthewaverunner that i realised that i would fit in with Utah...

In that single season with the Railroaders i had fit in instantly and became a part of the team! I have decided that this is my one and only team with Etsuko. This is something i do not regret one bit. I love it there. Everyone is so friendly.

I've been lucky to fall on such friendly teams in most locations i've been too in these sim leagues.

There's some leagues i have not mentioned here that i also tried my luck in. The Simulation Lacrosse League, Grass Roots Soccer League and The Super Casual Football League. All i had very small involvement in but i was still there. I helped create a team in the SCFL and took onto winning a championship before i stepped away from the league.

So i guess the reason i wanted to write this was to say... Hey, i'm Emi! I'm happy to meet you all. I hope we can become friends. I know my time here hasn't been the longest compared to some but i've tried my hardest to stay active in the teams i have been on. I may faulter some times due to real life situations hitting me but i will always be reliable. I hope to be a GM here one day! I just don't know if it will ever happen. I hope it does but i mean there's a lot of users and a small amount of teams.

Also i guess another thing i always like to remind people is that where you're picked in a draft doesn't mean much if you do not put in the work to become the player you think you can be. I finished Manto in the PBE early but she was 8th in her draft class for TPE and currently Etsuko is #1 for TPE. Emiko is doing pretty well too after being selected in the 2nd round!

Thanks for listening. If anyone wants to ask anything i'll talk in comments below.

Code:
Words: 2205

Side note: This was very hard to write for certain reasons... i just needed to get certain things known.

Great read Smile I hope you'll stick around in Edmonton for a long time! Good luck with your new player in PBE as well!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

hai manto <3

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Hey Manto Smile

Big fan of this person--didn't know shit about them when they applied to be my Co-GM, and who would have thought a few weeks later I'd be trading for her to be my starting goalie in S50. Super thrilled by not just the excellent player Emiko was, but the great person Manto is behind the scenes. Love having her around the LR!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Loved playing with you in Colorado Manto!

Glad you decided to stick around in the LR too Smile

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

bonk

Ya know we got ya back. Honestly great to have ya around.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Jon will remember that.

(Nice media pal)

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I miss plasman :(

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2020, 11:58 AM by Tate.)

One of the best mentors I’ve had in the SIM world, you rock Emiko!

[Image: p82ugau.png]

Nice media. Sorry that I decided against sticking around on the PBE but hopefully we can get the chance to talk at some other time. Still doing the soccer friendly every now and then if you're down.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR