Create Account

SMJHL SPACE JAM - Playoffs

[Image: bYCaOnz.png]
SMJHL SPACE JAM 2 - PLAYOFFS

*If you are new to my Space Jam series here is how it's working this time: I took all the players from the most recent SMJHL draft and put them into the NHL. There is now a tournament going on where they are facing off against each other. There is not enough players in an SMJHL draft to fill out a full 6 team league so there is extra players that are NHLers to fill out the spots.

The SMJHL players are not using their real stats, instead they are paired with an NHL star and given their stats. What NHL star they are paired with depends on their draft number. If you were drafted higher you get a better NHL player to play as.*

Welcome back to my Space Jam series, we are here in the playoffs and ready to hand out the cup. Let's take a look and see who won it all!

Round 1:

[Image: xJraa3n.png]

The Rangers who were underdogs coming in defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs who really fell apart down the stretch. It was over in 6 games and the Rangers advanced to face the number 1 seed Boston Bruins in the next round.

The Montreal Canadiens who had the top point getter and goal scorer of the season made easy work of the Detroit Red Wings in 5 games. Montreal advanced on to Round 2 where the Chicago Blackhawks were waiting for them.

Toronto Maple Leafs Final Stats:

[Image: 0DdNqNX.png]

Detroit Red Wings Final Stats:

[Image: DwunVWQ.png]

Round 2:

[Image: O5s7aQz.png]

The top seeded Boston Bruins needed all 7 games to defeat the New York Rangers. It was a tight series but the underdogs couldn't pull it off so Boston advances to the Final of the Rookie Tournament.

The Chicago Blackhawks swept the Montreal Canadiens in 4 games...With Montreal's firepower most expected this series to go longer than this but Chicago was dominant and it's on to the Finals against the Boston Bruins!

New York Rangers Final Stats:

[Image: Pi8rUhv.png]

Montreal Canadiens Final Stats:

[Image: Jy3bqxE.png]

CUP FINALS:

So here we have the two top teams of the regular season battling it out. The first-round bye must have helped them heal up and now they are ready to battle it out for the Cup. This series actually went to a game 7!

Game 1: Boston wins 6-2 in Boston - Boston Leads Series 1-0
Game 2: Chicago wins 3-0 in Boston - Series Tied 1-1
Game 3: Chicago wins 2-0 in Chicago - Chicago Leads Series 2-1
Game 4: Chicago wins 4-2 in Chicago - Chicago Leads Series 3-1
Game 5: Boston wins 3-1 in Boston - Chicago Leads 3-2
Game 6: Boston wins 4-1 in Chicago - Series Tied 3-3
Game 7: Boston Hosts Chicago for the Rookie Cup

Game 7 Preview:

[Image: LuHUKht.png]

Game 7 Review:

[Image: d3XRYuG.png]

[Image: fgRcmbj.png]

[Image: I0L64Kz.png]

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS FOR WINNING THE ROOKIE CUP!

Boston Bruins Final Stats:

[Image: 6zz2L6Z.png]

Chicago Blackhawks Final Stats (cup winners):

[Image: U5FAcYM.png]

Final Bracket:

[Image: jxQEpno.png]

Season Award Winners:

[Image: 1y50KSa.png]
[Image: VXilKX8.png]
[Image: l6Dahoq.png]
[Image: TA5kWgc.png]
[Image: g4iRDIA.png]
[Image: HDyNwke.png]
[Image: SXiCYv2.png]
[Image: jCH3Edl.png]
[Image: 98DsPsB.png]

Top 25 Scorers Of The Playoffs:

[Image: ywlp2U7.png]

Final Goalie Stats Of The Playoffs:

[Image: wZeS07H.png]

Notes:

Well there is it folks, all wrapped up. The winners are the Chicago Blackhawks! Ryu Jones had the Cup Winning goal in the 3rd period of Game 7 to win the game 3-2. Congrats to the following draftees who got picked by the Blackhawks and went on to win it all:

Liam Slate - Tylar - Powers Stolen: RW Nikita Kucherov
Stan Q. Next - iamslm22 - Powers Stolen: C Nico Hischier
Sammy Blaze - hockeyfan - Powers Stolen: C Jack Hughes
Taylor Gervais - Pamplemousse - Powers Stolen: RW Kaapo Kakko
Kolja Kekkonen - WannabeFinn - Powers Stolen: RD Seth Jones
Kojo Murata - j-malz - Powers Stolen: G Ben Bishop
Blip Blop - ThatDamnWookiee - Powers Stolen: LD Victor Hedman
James Boxman II - siddhus - Powers Stolen: C Nolan Patrick - PLAYOFF MVP 13 points in 11 Games.
Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind - CaptainCrazy - Powers Stolen: RW Owen Tippett
TURG TURG - ThisSeemsFishy - Powers Stolen: LW Michael Rasmussen
Jed Mosely Jr. - JayTee - Powers Stolen: RD Ryan Merkley
Ryu Jones - SFresh3 - Powers Stolen: LW Jason Robertson  - Cup Winning Goal.

This was another fun episode of SPACE JAM. I have some other ideas and the next Space Jam won't just be about rookies so stay tuned. If there is any stats you would like to see that I missed out on please let me know. I will add anything I missed. Thank you for reading and good luck to all these rookies on a fun first season in the SMJHL.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

What a devastating ending, rip.

Thanks for doing this man, was fun to be apart of!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Cool, d-man of the year. Nice little media game over hereWink

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2020, 09:20 AM by SFresh3.)

GWG in Game 7 of the Final, couldn't have asked for a better ending.  Great work putting all of this together.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]