Create Account

S54 WFT #4 - Playoff Race

Tampa Bay will lose the race to a single point. They haven't managed to get one in 40 games, the last 10 aren't going to do it either. It's not like they're even trying, they could've easily signed better IFAs for the same money.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

I'm taking New England for that last spot in the East. The Wolfpack have been playing better recently and I trust Ace and Hotdog to get NEW into the playoffs. Plus players like Wagstrom and Van Otter look like they are starting to hit their stride.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Manhattan survives to claim the final eastern conference slot. They are one of the most determined teams in the league and they desperately want to prove that their cup from S52 was not a fluke.

After looking at the standings and doing a bunch of test sims, here's how I have it playing out:

Lakes Division:
1. Buffalo
2. Hamilton
3. Chicago
4. Toronto

Southeast Division:
1. New England
2. Manhattan
3. Baltimore
4. Tampa Bay (gets 1 pt, OTL)

Northwest Division:
1. Edmonton
2. Calgary
3. Winnipeg
4. Minnesota

Southwest Division:
1. New Orleans
2. Los Angeles
3. Texas
4. San Francisco

I do think the Dragons will make a surge, bumping Texas out of the playoffs and matching up against New Orleans. I think 3 Lakes Division teams will make it, with New England coming in 4th from the other Eastern division.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

In the East, between the Hamilton Steelhawks and the Buffalo Stampede I'd have to say the Buffalo Stampede will take 1st in the conference. The Stampede have been front runners for the entire season and I think they will keep their lead. As for the last playoff spot, Manhattan already has a 5 point lead and the end of the season schedule for the New England Wolfpack looks tougher so I would have to with Manhattan on this one. I won't comment on the West as it honestly looks like a complete and utter crap shoot but I would never have thought I would say this but, I think the Tampa Bay Barracuda are going to go winless. Earlier in the season I would have thought that the Barracuda would have been able to luck a win but it honestly doesn't look like that's going to happen with 8 games remaining.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 06:09 PM by Tomen.)

I am obviously biased here but I think the Buffalo Stampede will win the race for the #1 spot in the Eastern Conference. The Stampede have an easier schedule left than the Hamilton Steelhawks and the 2 rivals will only face each other 1 more time in the regular season. In the most recent matchup Buffalo came away with a win and will hope to achieve this again even tho the Steelhawks will be a very hard opponent.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Tampa getting a point is about as likely as me waking up tomorrow richer by a trillion. Their tank has crossed levels unseen by man before, levels so powerful yet so dreaful no mortal should have been exposed to it, yet it has happened. And MCP has paid the prize for the forbidden technique with his own career.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Honestly, I don't think that Tampa Bay will get a single point this season. Considering our highest TPE players are 3 players only in their second season and at about 950 TPE each, I honestly don't think we stand much of a chance.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I think that the Edmonton Blizzard will go above and beyond and clinche the #1 seed for there confrence. I think they are too good not too honestly. They've picked up a good back up in AW13's player and they have a good core already there to go on a tear near the end.

Race for the #1 seed, Eastern Conference:

I think both teams will continue their dominance throughout the season to finish the season strong but in the end i expect Buffalo to come out on top and lock up the #1 seed and presidents as they already have a lead, have been more dominant so far in my opinion and have a bit easier of a schedule i believe.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

In the race for the East's number one seed it seems pretty obvious that the Buffalo Stampede will be taking it. They have a commanding advantage over Hamilton, despite having one less game before the end of the season. It seems unlikely that the team that has been the best to this point will falter enough to allow the next closest to close an 8 point gap.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 07:35 PM by Lime.)

#1 Seed - Eastern Conference: Stampede 

Right now Buffalo and Hamilton both have 10 games left to play, and Buffalo is ahead by 4 points.

Buffalo has important games against Edmonton and Chicago, as well as their head to head with Hamilton. If they beat Hammy here they will be up by 6, and even if they drop those two other difficult games they will still be in first. If they lose the gap will be just 2 points, and they would only have to drop one game.

Hamilton has to face New England twice, as well as Edmonton and Chicago. They have been dumpstered by Chicago the last two times they played, so I think a loss there is likely again. Hamilton has not lost to New England or Edmonton previously, but these are still three tough games and its certainly possible they could lose one. Even if they beat Buffalo, they would still need to win all four of these games which I find highly unlikely.

Last Playoff Spot - Eastern Conference:  Rage

New England is are currently five points behind but with a game in hand on Manhattan.

New England is set to play Chicago twice, and Hamilton twice. I can only realistically see them winning one of the four. They also play against Los Angeles and New Orleans who they lost to in their previous matchups.

Manhattan plays Buffalo once, Edmonton once, and Calgary twice. Buffalo is a hard sell, but they won their previous against Edmonton and two Calgary wins are within their capabilities. Conservatively I see them winning two of the four. They will also play New Orleans and San Fransisco, both of which they have beaten before.

#1 Seed - Western Conference: Panthers

The race is between New Orleans and Los Angeles. New Orleans is up by 3 points but Los Angeles has a game in hand. Looking at their schedules, Los Angeles has a much smoother ride.

Los Angeles has four or five easily winnable games. Tampa, Minny, Baltimore, Winnipeg, and possibly Texas. They have two games against Calgary who they have beaten twice before. Their hard games are against New England, Hamilton, and New Orleans. They have beaten two of those three. It is not implausible for LA to get hot and win out.

The easiest game on NOLA's plate is against San Fransisco. They also have a game against Texas. But the rest of their schedule is brutal. Chicago, Edmonton, Manhattan, Hamilton, Los Angeles, Edmonton again, and finally New England. They will win maybe 5 of their remaining 9 games, while LA will win 7 or 8. This will be enough to take the top spot.

Last Playoff Spot - Western Conference: Renegades

NOLA, LA, and Edmonton will take the top three spots. The last will be Texas. They have just eight games left in the season. They can drop one more game than the dragons and still be ahead. They will have wins against the Chiefs twice and Jets once. I see them winning maybe one more, for a total of four games.

Calgary has eight games left too. They have just one freebie against Toronto. But they will lose to Chicago, Buffalo, and probably LA twice. They would need five wins to get ahead, so they would not be able to do so.

Honorable mention to SFP who have four freebie games but I don't think they will fair well enough against the stronger opponents to make up all that ground on Texas.

Race to get a single point: Not Barracuda

Tampa only has eight games left this season to get a single point. Let's look at their schedule:

Toronto - Hey a team that might actually be bad enough. Let's see how they did in their previous matchups...

[Image: 5mGdDxv.png]

Wow nevermind

Toronto Part 2 - Not even with another chance.

Los Angeles - Nope.

Hamilton - Not on your life, bud.

Pride - These two teams have actually not played before, so this is honestly the best chance for them to sneak a point.

Pride Part 2 - If that first game was like 10-0 I wouldn't hold out hope for the rematch.

Baltimore - Not even Baltimore.

Buffalo - Suffer.

So basically they have four games with even a snowball's chance to win. They have two chances against Toronto, who have stomped them before. Really this is a stretch but Toronto is a pretty weak team so maybe they have an off day in one of their games. The last two chances are against San Fransisco. SF and TB have not played yet, so theoretically we don't know how well they will match up with each other. This is also a reach because Tampa has been slaughtered by all four teams that have less points than San Fransisco. Basically their only hope is if we find out that Tampa gulf sea water is kryptonite to bay area inhabitants. The tank is real, and its coming for you.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

New England hasn't been playing to their full potential all season. I believe that this final week the Wolfpack will really kick it into gear and silence all the critics. The team is starting to come together and goaltending has turned a corner as well. New England should snag that last spot.

[Image: danglechek.png]

Who cares about the East, West Conference for life, baby.  Based on this amazing media piece by @"reid_sutherland", I'd say that Los Angeles takes the #1 seed in the West. The information is a bit stale for this question, but both Edmonton and New Orleans had slightly easier schedules to start the season while Los Angeles had one of the hardest. Then it flips where Los Angeles has one of the easiest ends to the season while Edmonton and New Orleans have the hardest. Assuming that the Panthers trend higher on points percentage and the others trend lower, it seems they will squeeze out on top of the West.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

The New England Wolfpack are going to get the last playoff spot over Manhattan because we’ve won all of our games against them. Additionally if we don’t I’m going to request a trade.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]