Create Account

mvdh one year anniversary presser
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 08:52 PM by bluesfan55.)

technically it's been over a year since mvdh was birthed into existence but yes it's been a year
ask away folks

this is ready to grade, I don’t anticipate any more questions
09-18-2020, 09:14 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: ha remember smjhl draft day when you thought anchorage sucked. NERD
to clarify my position at the time, anchorage never reached out to me (i later found out they didn't really do any scouting but that's fine because they got chad mvdh) and i wanted to go to either st louis again (who picked evok at 5 and i can't blame them for it) or carolina (who likely weren't gonna be able to take me since i wasn't gonna last to 15). anchorage took me at 11 and i wasn't the most excited, and my welcome to the lr wasn't the greatest. but i was a fucking nerd for thinking anchorage sucked and almost asking out because the place has become my second home over the past year. we won a cup, i got my fucking number retired (still can't fucking believe that), and it's just an lr full of a bunch of great guys (and @Gwdjohnson who's sadly there too) who enjoy shooting the shit and talking fake simulation hockey. i can't envision my recreate (lw troy barnes coming sometime in the s60s) going anywhere else because anchorage is just that fucking awesome. i love my boat gang

09-18-2020, 09:40 PM5ympathies Wrote: how was your experience being traded right after winning a cup?

fav memories of new england?

what do you expect of your player in the future?

fav podcast and why is it mine?

it was pretty nuts to be honest. i think i made it fairly public that i was unsettled in new orleans and i was planning on walking in free agency (which would've been this offseason) as recently as right before the s54 playoffs thanks mostly to a certain incident that could've split the locker room but thankfully didn't. then we went on that run and i'm like "i think i'll give this place a shot next season" then bam i was traded. i was pretty shocked and sad at first but i think it's been really beneficial for both myself and new england as i landed on a team that was on the top of my list for potential destinations in free agency (plus i'd be given a larger role on the team) and new england got a pretty ok player i guess. i would've liked to have known that the trade was in the works before it was happening, and if it had happened before the deadline i would've been much more happier and had a different reaction.

there are a lot to be honest and it's only been a season. whether it's been getting to know my teammates (whether it be ken, my boy slogger, or the late, great acdangel) or shooting the shit with them or even playing jackbox (we gotta revive that lol), i've really enjoyed my time in new england before and i don't see it ending anytime soon. the locker room was really acclimating when i first joined and i felt that i truly felt in, something i honestly never felt in nola. it's just been great overall.

i hope that mvdh can become a hall of fame worthy player, maybe the best center in the league at his peak. i'm gunning for 2k and i think i should be able to hit it. i'm shooting for a consistent 40+ point scorer with a reliable defensive game (the exact kind of player who goes early) and while it would be great to win individual awards i'm more focused on team success and getting the wolfpack a cup.

wagwan crodie. big dick guys podcast is just two guys shooting the shit and that's why i enjoy it. my favorites are either the bdgh, htt (i think 7, dwight, faelax, and the rotating chair of agentsmith and cobbenstein do a really good job of discussing the goings-on of the shl weekly) and rich and luke (ditto for r&l and i enjoy their discussions of the shl's history as well, seeing as luke is the head of the history department and rich has been around for a while). they're really the only 3 i watch consistently, although i did like watching ztevans' podcast before he ended it.

09-18-2020, 09:54 PMAce Wrote: No question, just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you. Happy you’re a Wolfpack.
and i'm happy to be on the team! our window lines up well with my player's prospective timeline and the locker room has been super enjoyable. i appreciate everyone in the new england lr from my current teammates to alums like glutes and 5ym, and they've made my time there so far really fun.

09-19-2020, 12:17 PMbilbo Wrote: What are some challenges, benefits, or both that you think the next generation of SHL players will face? You can decide what counts as the next generation.
What do you think the next year will look like for your player?
What other question do you feel like answering? And then answer that, ty.

the next generation of shl players (i'm gonna say ranging from like every player that just got drafted into the smjhl onwards) is gonna have to face a lot of challenges i think. whether it be the expenses of training once you get drafted into the shl, a real lack of parity in the shl as a whole, or other challenges (i'll be honest i can't think of a lot of things, nor am i really the best spokesman for change in the shl), it'll definitely be tough for future shlers. but there's also massive benefits such as the team's locker room (this depends on both how much the team uses discord and your fit into the team), being able to make new friends whether they be teammates or draft classmates, and just learning the site as a whole. while certain aspects of the site may be broken, as a whole it's been awesome to me over my 3+ years here.

i think i'll be one season into regression around this time next year (seeing as a year ago shl-wise was S50, six seasons ago). my hope is that by then i've got a couple individual awards, at least 1 50+ point season, a gold medal with my swiss boys (i just need one to make it into the triple gold club) and another challenge cup under my belt. i want to continue the success that i've had with mvdh (duh doy) as long as i possibly can, seeing as he's the first player i've ever had to not be a useless one season wonder scrublord.

the question i feel like answering is "if you weren't traded by the specters, would you have extended your contract?" and the answer is pretty much a no. i was planning on testing free agency, and while i admit if i'd stayed there another season i would've given them the first chance to offer me an extension (and if i enjoyed my time that season a lot i would likely have extended), it's likely that the role i would've been playing would've been the same 3C (if i was even played lol) spot and i would've wanted either more money or an assurance that i'd become a top 6 forward asap. so no i probably would not have extended with the specters and gone to a team where i could play top 6 minutes. hell, i don't even know if i would've been protected by new orleans in the expansion draft (no knock against them; it's just since they had the amount of depth they had, and myself being on an expiring contract, i could've easily seen myself exposed).

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

ha remember smjhl draft day when you thought anchorage sucked. NERD

how was your experience being traded right after winning a cup?

fav memories of new england?

what do you expect of your player in the future?

fav podcast and why is it mine?

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

No question, just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you. Happy you’re a Wolfpack.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

What are some challenges, benefits, or both that you think the next generation of SHL players will face? You can decide what counts as the next generation.
What do you think the next year will look like for your player?
What other question do you feel like answering? And then answer that, ty.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

answered up to here

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs