Create Account

Which member has the best player building record?

So yeah this is something I have thought about quite a few times already in the past but I never got around to writing an article about it (maybe I will depending on how this thread goes), so I decided to open it up as an discussion instead... Which member do you guys think has the best player building record in SHL history?

Like so many of these kinds of questions and articles, this was born out of the very selfish sentiment of "Where do I rank on this list? Could it be me even?" of course :D . I would say that I am probably up there given how long I have been in this league and that I've never had a player that was a bust, but I don't think I'm gonna be the one at the very top. So who do you guys think is the best of the best here? There are a few names that popped into my head and the two topping my list are porbably @raymond3000 and @Chris-McZehrl (yes, I said it). But there are tons of others of course, like JY and Hallsy and the dozens of other candidates I'm not even thinking of right now. So who do you think has done the best job when it comes to building great players consistently?

Obviously you can use different criteria here in regards to things like longevity, consistency, quality vs. quantity, off-ice factors etc. and seeing the different perspectives and approaches could be quite interesting in itself. Also, is this something that is probably gonna be limited to the people that have been here and active almost from the beginning, or could say some post-S20 members have a case as well?

Looking forward to your responses!

[Image: GA_Sig.png]

[Image: lazer2.png]

11-03-2020, 04:51 PMFrick_Nasty Wrote: [Image: GA_Sig.png]

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Definitely Esa. Many a great player build have been inspired by esa’s tutelage.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Sarmo is in there I think. though i only remember Khan and Nova though

Ace is another one

Fever is the only x3 HOF user

post S20-Present? Bojo could be there

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

11-03-2020, 04:59 PMluketd Wrote: Sarmo is in there I think. though i only remember Khan and Nova though

Ace is another one

Those are some good ones!

I disagree with Izzy's Esa suggestion just because there haven't been enough players of his yet who have played out their career, but he is certainly getting there and should be in contention soon.

11-03-2020, 05:07 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
11-03-2020, 04:59 PMluketd Wrote: Sarmo is in there I think. though i only remember Khan and Nova though

Ace is another one

Those are some good ones!

I disagree with Izzy's Esa suggestion just because there haven't been enough players of his yet who have played out their career, but he is certainly getting there and should be in contention soon.

With Esa I kinda see the case. I think in his case he probably would have been well into his 2nd player already, if not his 3rd if Esa had a normal career instead of the longest career in SHL history. Now he is about 8ish SHL seasons into his career. I dont follow all players well but I think he has been doing fine. So I can see the case. But for what you are discussion, having multiple good players, thats where I can see the disagreement.

Oh, Velvera should probably be mentioned. Shawn Velerva, Luke Atmey, and now Akira Ren. S12-Present

Raymond’s made two generational players since I’ve been here, wasnt here for his first hall of fame guy but it’s hard to look past someone who’s created two pantheon greats

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

11-03-2020, 05:13 PMluketd Wrote:
11-03-2020, 05:07 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Those are some good ones!

With Esa I kinda see the case.  I think in his case he probably would have been well into his 2nd player already, if not his 3rd if Esa had a normal career instead of the longest career in SHL history. Now he is about 8ish SHL seasons into his career. I dont follow all players well but I think he has been doing fine. So I can see the case. But for what you are discussion, having multiple good players, thats where I can see the disagreement.

Oh, Velvera should probably be mentioned. Shawn Velerva, Luke Atmey, and now Akira Ren. S12-Present

how did you spell velevra 2 different ways and still neither of them are right

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

11-03-2020, 05:46 PMhotdog Wrote:
11-03-2020, 05:13 PMluketd Wrote: With Esa I kinda see the case.  I think in his case he probably would have been well into his 2nd player already, if not his 3rd if Esa had a normal career instead of the longest career in SHL history. Now he is about 8ish SHL seasons into his career. I dont follow all players well but I think he has been doing fine. So I can see the case. But for what you are discussion, having multiple good players, thats where I can see the disagreement.

how did you spell velevra 2 different ways and still neither of them are right

its well known at this point I cant pronounce or spell at a high level

Leafs is up there for sure. JY as well. I would throw my hat in the ring as well.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

me

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

11-03-2020, 05:48 PMluketd Wrote:
11-03-2020, 05:46 PMhotdog Wrote: how did you spell velevra 2 different ways and still neither of them are right

its well known at this point I cant pronounce or spell at a high level
you and @golden_apricot should do a spelling bee

[Image: Jepox.gif]

11-03-2020, 07:31 PMJepox Wrote:
11-03-2020, 05:48 PMluketd Wrote: its well known at this point I cant pronounce or spell at a high level
you and @golden_apricot should do a spelling bee

I will do that

11-03-2020, 07:40 PMluketd Wrote:
11-03-2020, 07:31 PMJepox Wrote: you and @golden_apricot should do a spelling bee

I will do that

its on dued