Create Account

(Graded) Deep Dive#2 Colorado Mammoths s40
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2021, 05:00 PM by StamkosFan.)

Colorado was where I ended up with my first player back in November 2017. I found out about the SHL on Reddit and was really interested by its concept. At first, it was really confusing and I missed on multiple tasks. I was a late pick but after joining the team's discord my experience got a lot getter. I still have to thank incite and toe for helping me to figure things out and they're a huge reason why I'm still around.

Colorado had quite a few of picks and with me was selected guys like Gary Grease, Karsten Kadinger, Markus Meliodas, Gustav Helzberg and Ryan Gardiner. The team was in some sort of a rebuild so expectations were low for season 38. At the trade deadline, the SMJHL witnessed something unheard of at the time. The thread generated a lot of heated arguments as the SMJHL was seen as a development league and that trade pretty much went against what it stood for. Colorado was going to miss the playoffs and traded 4 of their players in their last junior year for 8 picks and 3 inactives. It was also a huge bet for Prince George as we all know how STHS is unpredictable. It ended up paying off as they won the cup. With all those picks, Colorado felt confident that they had a two years window to get an opportunity to win the Four Star Cup, something they haven't done since s27.

With great rookies of the likes of Florence Clijsters, Kire Yelkrab, Blaine McElroy, Luuk Kraaijkamp and Manuel Gotze joining us, the team improved a lot as expected. The team finished 2nd overall in s39 but was eliminated in the first round by Vancouver. The feeling at the time was the result was disappointing for sure, but we knew the real year was season 40. We would have as seniors players like Nico Gross, TJ Bayley and Wuma Duce and pretty much a total of 12 more players would be at 350 TPE. The team also made a trade to acquire Anders Christiansen who was a star player. With 3 top 10 picks soon to join our ranks, anything but a finals appearance would be a huge let down.

Well, as we now know things didn't go as expected. The Mammoths lost their AGM and also their captain before the start of the season which hurt the team tremendously. Probably the most talented team on paper that year and nothing to show for it besides a 6th place finish and an elimination in the 2nd round. That was it for my player, I was gonna be call up by Toronto the following season. I had one more year of eligibility but the North Stars had many holes on their roster and could use Ti-Guy Emond as sad as it sounds.

I truly believe if things didn't go all so wrong that season Colorado would have a 2nd cup in their history. It's almost surreal three years later and the team is still looking to stop their cup drought.

COL-PGF trade: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=82120

Approved +5 TPE @gaby

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]