Create Account

Shirakami Fubuki ranks teams brandings

Hello, today i am going to be doing a writing up of a small branding tier list. Now, i know most people aren't really interested in branding as much as i am but for me the most important thing in the league is the branding. Now, the reason for this is that i usually get my players made in the jerseys for artwork and things like that. Obviously, i want my character art to look nice so it makes perfect sense for me to want to go to a team that has art that which fits that... Now, i will admit that if i don't have interest in a character i can go inactive and things like that. It isn't a guarentee as there's other things like making a character story and locker room that really keeps interested.

Now, this doesn't mean if you score low don't take an interest in me actually do the opposite come and sell me your team for other things like locker room and stuff like that when the draft comes.

So i will be doing this in a Tier List version and you can do this too if you wish!

So to start S Tier

S Tier:

Edmonton Blizzard

[Image: Edmonton.png]

First i'll start with the Edmonton Blizzard,i have always loved this team's branding and i got a chance to play for them last player. Nothing has changed my opinion on them as they're still one of the best in the league in my opinion. I also love that they're a fox and my current player is also #1 White Fox! So i think this combo would go well together. I know the GM and some players there still so it would be a instant jump back into what i know and wouldn't take time to adjust. Now, saying that they're on the tippy top but they're tied with the next team and i'd be over the moon to be on either team!

Winnipeg Aurora

[Image: aurorabanner.png]

Next we have the Winnipeg Aurora, this is something that i didn't expect. I was not the a big fan of the old Jets design and colours so it was something that i think would have been in D on this list originally. However, i love this branding a lot now! I have them on the same tier as Blizzard. I think it is simple and very unique with everything like the colours and other things such as that. The Jerseys are really out of this world and i would love for Shirakami Fubuki to be lining up for this team! It would be team i'd be proud to be on! Now, i have brief interactions with a few people on the team and stuff so i think i would be a decent fit and i hope they think the same come draft day honestly!

A Tier:

Tampa Bay Barracuda

[Image: barracuda-banner.png]

First for the A tier we will start with Tampa Bay Barracuda. I was originally drafted by this team with Emiko Spector my previous character. I still really like this branding i think it is very good and i like branding i just think the logo looks more like a shark than a Barracuda which isn't terrible as i don't think that the Barracuda would make a nice looking logo. I would say that i know people there from my previous time and i wouldn't mind being there but they are definetly not where i'd wanna be if i got to 100% choose where i would get to go.

New England Wolfpack

[Image: newwolfpack.png]

New England Wolfpack is a team that i think could potentially fit theme wise as the player Shirakami Fubuki is good friends with Ookami Mio who is a Wolf and i think that as a result that would be a good fit. Other than that i do like the podcast overall. I think that the logo is very nice and that overall i think that it is great. I am just not a fan of a more aggressive looking logo as that is not what Fubuki is like and she just always tries to be everyones friend. So i think that would be a clash of personalities but not with anyone on the team as i don't think i know anyone on the team besides maybe Ace who is my minors general manager.

San Francisco Pride

[Image: sfpride-banner.png]

Next onto San Francisco Pride, i have always liked this branding and i think it is very simple. The naming and how it has been done can mean a bunch of things but i do like it a rather a lot. I think i know one of the general Managers on this team. I do think this has the issue i mentioned before about angry logo however, it is something i understand teams hockey do. It is a very solid design overall and is one i could see myself playing for.

Los Angeles Panthers

[Image: LosAngeles.png]

Finally for the final team in the A tier is Los Angeles Panthers.First of all i know the TheDangaZone and remember talking to them in the past in other leagues such as the PBE and GOMHL i believe. So i know that there is that connection the next thing i like is the logo it is not a close up on the animals head and more of a silluete and is very stylish and fits my not liking angry animals. Now, the thing that would put these at the bottom of the A tier is that i am a Tampa Bay and Sheffield fan whos rivals are both called the Panthers so that would be super weird for me as i always associate the Panthers with those and it would take some time to adjust but it is something that i think i'd be happy to do as like i said they are very high on this list for a reason and i can not find many faults beside that which honestly is what keeps them from being a S tier. So hey, come make it so that i am no longer a disliker of Panthers haha.

B Tier:

Calgary Dragons

[Image: shl-calgary-banner.png]

To start B Tier i will go with the Calgary Dragons. I know Izzy from back when i was in Austria with my former player so i would have that connection and i know the Dragons have history. Now, to get to the branding i am going to be honest i am instantly put of by this due to the Red colour being used i don't know what it is but something about the hue i do not like. it seems too red to me and i personally would have like to see the jersey be black as i think the logo would pop more. I also think the eye glowing makes it look like an error or a odd LED in the jersey which actually would sort of look cool.

Hamilton Steelhawks

[Image: Hamilton.png]

Now, i am onto Hamilton Steelhawks. This is a team that i like and think it is a understated branding however, i think it is a bit grey for my liking i like the blue highlights but i would like to do more with it and a Hawk isn't my favourite animal. I remember people on this team at one point but i do not think i know anyone on it anymore and as a result i think i would have these at the lower on B tier. I do remember in the past people giving them a bad image due to the whole breaking STHS thing but like it is whatever and now we're not on that. I do wonder if i'd fit in with the locker room culture there but it is something that would take time to tell.

Buffalo Stampede

[Image: Buffalo.png]

Now, i actually like the Buffalo's overall design it is just the colours i am not really a big fan of personally. I think the green and yellow clash a bit and don't make a nice combo for me personally. Like i get why this one would appeal to people and think it is some that could grow on someone if they're playing there for a long time. Now, i do have some personal connections as i used to be on a team elsewhere with wannabeFinn so i would know one someone else instantly but i would have to take a look at the rest of the roster. I do remember that it was somewhere i did consider wanting to go when i first joined the league so maybe that could entice me back again who knows only time will tell for that i guess.

C Tier:

Baltimore Platoon

[Image: platoonbanner.png]

Baltimore Platoon is the first i'll start with in this tier and honestly it is hard to write about this team as i am personally confused about the style and name of the branding. I do not get why they are an eagle if they are called Platoon, this maybe very obvious to a person who is from the United States of America but to me it is a bit confusing. However, i do have a theory as to why it is like it is and if you wanna put below if i am correct that would be great. I think due to the name Platoon it is due to an army platoon or something like that and there must be a well known barracks or something in the area and due to eagles being classed as the freedom bird to people then that is why it is connected? Like i said i actually do not know and would love to know the reasoning behind it. Now, if that is correct then i don't like being connected to a military like branding and that would be something that bothers me with the Wolf Pack branding as it looks military and it is what held it down to just A. Other than that i think it is a very nice and well designed logo just really confused about the name and the colours if my theory is not correct. I have taken a quick look over the roster and i do not think i know anyone there so that could be a problem as i do not want to feel alone and unknown. So if you're on the team and this goes to anyone else honestly on the site reach out to me so we cand start a dialogue before the draft so we can get to know each other better.

Manhattan Rage

[Image: Rage-Banner.png]

Manhattan Rage are the next team up and this is one that is easy for me to write about and has some of the same issues as the previous one. I just don't understand the connection to bulls and New York/Manhattan and as a result i have to think of my own reasons and the only thing i can think of is that there is a Football/Soccer team called the New York Red Bulls and the team is red also and they basically look like the Devils jerseys. I don't like this one not for it being a bad design or anything i just think it's nore really connected to stuff like Rage or the city like i said please correct me so i can understand the thought process behind it. I do not know anyone on the team as it seems though i am sure i have spoken to JayWhy before briefly so yeah. Also why so much red used in this league haha. I get it's a popular colour and all but i find it kinda funny when there's so few teams and there is a bunch of teams with the same colours.

Texas Renegades

[Image: Texas.png]

Texas Renegades are a team that really just have a cool name to say. Who doesn't like the word Renegades and honestly i'm happy they didn't go for a name like the Outlaws as i think that would have been too cliche for the area so nice touch. Now, the biggest issue for me with this one is that i don't like the grey and black style. It is legit just me and that i can understand the appeal to this one but i just like my jeresys to pop a bit more. I do know quiet a few people on your team so that would be an easy adaptablity part for me but yeah.

New Orleans Specters

[Image: specters-banner.png]

The New Orleans Specters, Now for this one it's odd as i really do enjoy this team to be honest and stuff like that but i think branding to my current player and the last one is completely flipped. I don't think Shirakami Fubuki would honestly fit in with them theme wise however, it has to be a travesty that Emiko Spector never got to play for the Specters. I mean that is marketing gold right there but yeah. I like the colour scheme of Black and Purple those colours look really nice together and stuff. Just think this one falls due to the fact i don't think it would fit with Emiko. I do know a bunch of people on the team and have spoken to them before so once again it would be one of those easier to adapt places i guess.

Tier D:

Chicago Syndicate

[Image: Chicago-Banner.png]

First i'll go with the easiest one here which is the Chicago Syndicate. Honestly, i'm not a big fan of this design and the reason is simple. I think that Chicago is always being brought up for their crime backgrounds and stuff like that and honestly it is something that really doesn't interests me and honestly it puts me off the the teams branding. Other than that there's the colours and i think what i have realised while doing this is that i am just not a huge fan of orange on a logo and i think the colours do clash. I guess the one thing i will say though is despite the things i have said they do have a good design there even if it is something that i am not personally interest in and they have a great bunch of users so i guess it is a mix. I just think that i would be put off. Now, i guess the other thing to say with this is that they're not at the bottom because to me they have an appeal i understand and can understand the concept behind and it is just not for me.

Toronto North Stars

[Image: Toronto.png]

Now, Toronto North Stars are a team that really are just meh to me and they're not bad enough to put in E but honestly i just think for me i would rather not be on this place for pranding alone as i know i'll be bored by seeingthe branding out on the ice. I would say that i think you could do alot with a team in Toronto but i feel like this plays it safe and using white and blue it is just something that is very safe to me and i can't rate it higher. Also whenever i think about the name North Stars i automatically think of Minnesota due to the NHL so yeah... Now this team has a bunch of people i know on it so that does have a lot going for it but it's just a shame i know that branding can really make or break my interest in a team or a league. But hey, least you're not in E tier right?

Tier E:

Atlanta Inferno

[Image: Atlanta-Banner.png]

Atlanta Inferno will start this final tier. So, yeah another red team... However, they do make it so that the main jersey is Black instead of red and i absolutely love the shoulder patch. I understand the conneciton to the old Flames and i guess somewhat Thrashers. I think what i don't like about this one is that i think it is supposed to be a firebird or something but the way it is done really just doesn't speak to me and i would say that it is something that i wouldn't be interested with... saying that though i do love hockey in Atlanta so you guys do you and keep at it! Wear your logo proud! It is just not for me.

Minnesota Monarchs

[Image: shl-monarchs.png]

Minnesota Monarchs this is one that i liked the older logo for more but i understand why you might have decided to rebrand. I think that it is just stylised in a way that i don't like myself honestly and things like that. Also not having an official Jersey i could look at and be like yeah that is what Shirakami Fubuki would be wearing is something that is really off-putting for me and i hope they do change that at some point. I am a big fan of the colour purple so they get extra points for that.

Seattle Argonauts

[Image: Seattle-Banner.png]

Finally, the Seattle Argonauts i can say that the people of Seattle must be happy to see a team return to the area after losing the team to Tampa. I'll start with the things i like. I like the colours used in the jersey and that is a plus and i do like the Argonauts as i do love me some Jason and the Argonauts! Now, i am not really a fan of the ship logo to behonest and it throws them down a lot. Overall as a result i would say that this is very low on my list and i think that overall i think that they can do something else and i think going for Secondary logo as the main i think i'd be not putting it this low as i do like that and i can always imagine them fighting the skeltons from the film mentioned earlier.

Final List:

[Image: canvas.png]

Now, please don't take this as me trying to come in and bash your team as that is not what i am trying to do. I am trying to be honest as i know it is something that really is important to me and can impact my activity and i know that might be weird to some but as explained earlier i am just different i guess. Now,i would say that people on these teams do counter all this out and i think that you all should be proud of your logos as they're very nice i just have a preference and know where i think Shirakami Fubuki would fit in better for me to be the best player i can be... that being an active one. Come speak to me if you want to try and change my mind i actually want people to do that and my DMs on discord are open and i hoping people do come and talk!

I will leave a list of 1-18 on how they actually rank in order for me and then a Tier list to post your own! Please tag me if you do decide to do one of these yourself as i always find people takes on branding really interesting as i don't know if for others if it is as big of a deal for them like it is for me.

SHL Tier List Maker

Team Brands Number Ranking:

#1 - Winnipeg Aurora
#2 - Edmonton Blizzard
#3 - New England Wolfpack
#4 - Los Angeles Panthers
#5 - Tampa Bay Barracuda
#6 - San Francisco Pride
#7 - Hamilton Steelhawks
#8 - Buffalo Stampede
#9 - Calgary Dragons
#10 - New Orleans Specters
#11 - Texas Renegades
#12 - Baltimore Platoon
#13 - Manhattan Rage
#14 - Chicago Syndicate
#15 - Toronto North Stars
#16 - Atlanta Inferno
#17 - Minnesota Monarchs
#18 - Seattle Argonauts

Code:
Words: 3280

Hello stranger

Glad to see you recreated!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

This is mine

[Image: my-image1.png]

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Quote:as i don't think that the Barracuda would make a nice looking logo.

joke's on you

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

@notorioustig this raises the question... why does the boat have an eye??

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 11:09 AM by Emiko.)

02-23-2021, 10:48 AMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:

No no no not cat. I'm #1 White Fox.

02-23-2021, 10:23 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
Quote:as i don't think that the Barracuda would make a nice looking logo.

joke's on you

What I'm saying is not the logo here but an actual Barracuda as the one here reminds me more of a shark than Barracuda.

Like I put I don't dislike it just don't think it looks like a Barracuda.

02-23-2021, 10:22 AMluketd Wrote: This is mine

[Image: my-image1.png]

This didn't come through or maybe this is a joke I can't tell which haha.

02-23-2021, 04:35 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Hello stranger

Glad to see you recreated!

Thanks, I'm happy to be back to be honest.

Had alot of fun writing this and I'll write more to be honest later.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 11:16 AM by .bojo.)

02-23-2021, 10:42 AMreid Wrote: @notorioustig  this raises the question... why does the boat have an eye??

Because it’s Tooty the tug boat!

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

02-23-2021, 11:16 AM.bojo Wrote:
02-23-2021, 10:42 AMreid Wrote: @notorioustig  this raises the question... why does the boat have an eye??

Because it’s Tooty the tug boat!

I was hoping it was Tugger the Tug Boat from hit show Fighting Round the World with Russell Crowe.

any dragon is S tier regardless of the quality of the dragon

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

02-23-2021, 11:40 AMEmiko Wrote:
02-23-2021, 11:16 AM.bojo Wrote: Because it’s Tooty the tug boat!

I was hoping it was Tugger the Tug Boat from hit show Fighting Round the World with Russell Crowe.

ah it was tugger. that's actually what i was trying to reference haha

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

@hotdog in shambles

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs