Create Account

Shirakami Fubuki ranks teams brandings

02-24-2021, 09:07 PMEmiko Wrote:
02-24-2021, 08:31 PMDuff101 Wrote: No hard feelings, just having fun.
(lil salty ATL is poo tier with the best secondary logo in the leeg)

How so? San Francisco Pride is an elite level pun.

First to go into secondary for ATL. Yeah if they used that instead they'd be higher for sure and i would probably have them in C tettering towards B.

As for the Pride, well i think i'd actually lean right into the pride stuff as i know that San Fran is known for having a lot of LGBTQ+ things and that is how i'd lean into it myself. I am a person who is trans so i would love to rep a team that is openly going all in on acceptance and things like that. I get that it is supposed to be a play on that but at the sametime i'd probably go all in like have it as a rainbow logo with a scenary shot of San Fran.

As a gay person myself IDK if I'm for that idea. Other than a few bad eggs (we all know who they are) the SHL has been nothing but accepting in my personal experience. Obviously not everyone has the same experience I do, and people can feel free to correct me if they've had bad experiences. For me the main issue comes in that SFP is now "the LGBT team" that kinda implies that other teams are not the LGBT team, and especially if it ends up getting run in the future by someone not LGBT becoming a team of stereotypes.

The logo and colors are much more of a problem for me. They're wack.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

02-24-2021, 09:54 PMDuff101 Wrote:
02-24-2021, 09:07 PMEmiko Wrote: First to go into secondary for ATL. Yeah if they used that instead they'd be higher for sure and i would probably have them in C tettering towards B.

As for the Pride, well i think i'd actually lean right into the pride stuff as i know that San Fran is known for having a lot of LGBTQ+ things and that is how i'd lean into it myself. I am a person who is trans so i would love to rep a team that is openly going all in on acceptance and things like that. I get that it is supposed to be a play on that but at the sametime i'd probably go all in like have it as a rainbow logo with a scenary shot of San Fran.

As a gay person myself IDK if I'm for that idea. Other than a few bad eggs (we all know who they are) the SHL has been nothing but accepting in my personal experience. Obviously not everyone has the same experience I do, and people can feel free to correct me if they've had bad experiences. For me the main issue comes in that SFP is now "the LGBT team" that kinda implies that other teams are not the LGBT team, and especially if it ends up getting run in the future by someone not LGBT becoming a team of stereotypes.

The logo and colors are much more of a problem for me. They're wack.

I think you're missing what i am trying to say haha. I am saying you lean into things such as the rainbow and things like that. I am also writing at like 1AM in the morning so half of the stuff i am trying to say won't come across properly i'm not saying people here aren't accepting. I am just saying you could have fun doing a Rainbow branded team i guess haha.

I don't know if anyone has explained the connection, but there's a famous statue that is the bull of wall street, which is in Manhattan of course, that is a connecting factor for our bull. Likewise, a "raging" bull is a common phrase and so connecting to the name Rage in that sense. The logo also does feature the empire state building in the neck, another tie to the borough we call home.

Ultimately, logos are subjective so I don't care if you don't like the logo, but there are definitely some serious ties to Manhattan.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

02-24-2021, 10:57 PMJayWhy Wrote: I don't know if anyone has explained the connection, but there's a famous statue that is the bull of wall street, which is in Manhattan of course, that is a connecting factor for our bull. Likewise, a "raging" bull is a common phrase and so connecting to the name Rage in that sense. The logo also does feature the empire state building in the neck, another tie to the borough we call home.

Ultimately, logos are subjective so I don't care if you don't like the logo, but there are definitely some serious ties to Manhattan.

Someone did explain it after I asked the question. Also like I said it's mainly just what it is and nothing on the actually team there.

I'm just a awkward person who cares about what they're wearing. For obvious reasons that I explained haha.

02-24-2021, 10:57 PMJayWhy Wrote: I don't know if anyone has explained the connection, but there's a famous statue that is the bull of wall street, which is in Manhattan of course, that is a connecting factor for our bull. Likewise, a "raging" bull is a common phrase and so connecting to the name Rage in that sense. The logo also does feature the empire state building in the neck, another tie to the borough we call home.

I feel like an idiot for not realizing this until now.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 06:41 AM by singhudit61.)

I'm saying is not the logo here but an actual Barracuda as the one here reminds me more of a shark than Barracuda. teatv

Regards, hellodear.in

02-26-2021, 06:45 AMsinghudit61 Wrote: I'm saying is not the logo here but an actual Barracuda as the one here reminds me more of a shark than Barracuda.

I'm sure the San Jose AHL team is a Barracuda.

But yeah look at this.

[Image: Great-Barracuda500.jpg]

02-26-2021, 07:51 AMEmiko Wrote:
02-26-2021, 06:45 AMsinghudit61 Wrote: I'm saying is not the logo here but an actual Barracuda as the one here reminds me more of a shark than Barracuda.

I'm sure the San Jose AHL team is a Barracuda.

But yeah look at this.

[Image: Great-Barracuda500.jpg]
Which is true. [Image: 1044_san_jose_barracuda-primary-2019.png]

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Chicago branding is doodoo

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]