Create Account

(Graded) Deep Dive #1 A Look Into Anaheim’s Rookies
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 05:57 PM by Leppish.)

The SMJHL entry draft, one of the signature parts of the simulation hockey experience, has made many simulation hockey dreams come true, as every player’s journey begins here in the entry draft. Each team has their own unique class, while some players end up becoming stars in the big leagues, others end up being stuck in the minors for most or all of their careers. Each player’s path is determined by one single moment, in which is this draft. We’ll take a look at the young rookies that call the hockey town of Anaheim home, and see how they impact the team itself.

Ryuuji Kawashima: Selected 4th overall by Anaheim, Raven currently leads the S59 class in TPE, and will likely be the 1st overall selection if he can hold onto his current earning pace. In 31 games with the club, Kawahima has put up 6 goals and 8 assists, good for 14 points, making him one of the biggest contributors to a very young and hungry Anaheim team who wants to make an impact in the future. He is also a pretty decent unit on the team’s power play, having a goal and 2 assists to his name, however he sometimes will be in the box, as he’s been penalized 4 times.

Sekai Walker: Selected 21st overall by Anaheim, Walker is a two way defenseman who’s not afraid to take a hit or a block a high speed shot. Walker has put up 3 goals and 11 assists, making him a possible first line go to defenseman. His main issue, is getting stuffed into the penalty box, as he leads the team with 24 penalty minutes, however, he’s also been a solid contributor to the teams power play, picking up 3 assists. He’s also blocked 32 shots and 41 hits, making him having a strong physical ability, alongside having a top line potential.

Shirakami Fubuki: Joining the league as a waiver pickup, Fubuki has emerged to be someone who can easily set up scoring opportunities, tricking defenses is her specialty. Fubuki has been quite solid as of late, picking up 2 goals and 5 assists, good for 7 points, making her a solid bottom 6 winger, with a potential 2 way upside. However, her issue is similar to Walker’s, because she relies also on some form of physicality, she frequently is placed into the penalty box, where she has 18 penalty minutes, good for second on the team. She is also a great shot blocker, blocking 38 shots.

Videl Valor: We end this off with my own player, who is a speedy opportunistic winger, always waiting around the goal crease waiting to strike. I currently have 5 goals and 4 assists, good for 9 points, not too shabby for a bottom 6 winger! I don’t struggle with much, however, defensively I’m kinda, well, ok at best, at least I don’t get into the penalty box that much, only being there for 4. I have blocked 16 shots, so there’s some form of defensive play.

Approved! +5 TPE @ValorX77

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]