Create Account

Day Z

Anyone want to play?

http://dayzmod.com/

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

It looks really fun I would definitely get it if I had ARMA.

[Image: Ushakov.png]

I read that the biggest fear though is other players. It really creates paranoia. Is that guy you see across the street scavenging a gas station gonna shoot you if he sees you? Some players are very helpful and will try to help you out, while other only go around trying to kill other players and take their stuff. I've heard of people held up at gunpoint by other players and being held hostage.

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

I also wish I didnt have a shitty video card and processor so I could play <_<

What is it?

#GENE4HOF

it looks like a sick game but i dont have it

Quote:Originally posted by lemieux66lemieux@Jul 24 2012, 10:19 PM
What is it?

zombie game

The average life time is 49 minutes :lol:

My buddy plays this on his Alienware. Looks fun but I've got a 5 yr old HP laptop that is falling apart so I cant even play 99% of games.

I wanna play, just so I can hide in a corner and watch everyone :ph34r:

(kinda like when I play COD:MW) Tongue

I wanted to try it, but didn't want to get Arma II. Looks very fun though!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Anyone got the specs required for this? Also wtf game is it that i would have to have to be able to play this mod?

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jul 25 2012, 10:41 AM
Anyone got the specs required for this? Also wtf game is it that i would have to have to be able to play this mod?

Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead.

It was on sale on Steam two days ago for $17.99 Bundled packed called Arma: Combined Operations. I think the sale is over now though :( I believe its at $25.99 or something. I would wait for it to be on sale unless you're really into a realism-type zed survival simulator (that is also still in beta).

It is mad fun though, had 2 experiences in my 2 days of getting on. First time running from 5 zombies to an airfield, was saved by two fellows who then led me to a gun and ammo (My first gun).

Eventually got stalked out by two guys who killed me when I bugged out getting off a ladder. Doh. :ph34r: I couldn't move or shoot and I got raped and robbed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@Jul 25 2012, 02:09 PM

Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead.

It was on sale on Steam two days ago for $17.99 Bundled packed called Arma: Combined Operations.&nbsp; I think the sale is over now though&nbsp; :( I believe its at $25.99 or something.&nbsp; I would wait for it to be on sale unless you're really into a realism-type zed survival simulator (that is also still in beta).

It is mad fun though, had 2 experiences in my 2 days of getting on.&nbsp; First time running from 5 zombies to an airfield, was saved by two fellows who then led me to a gun and ammo (My first gun).

Eventually got stalked out by two guys who killed me when I bugged out getting off a ladder. Doh.&nbsp; :ph34r:&nbsp; I couldn't move or shoot and I got raped and robbed.

Raped and robbed? the first one being a metaphor right? And fuck, this game sounds amazing. Is it multiplayer or is it story driven?

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jul 25 2012, 02:17 PM

Raped and robbed? the first one being a metaphor right? And fuck, this game sounds amazing. Is it multiplayer or is it story driven?

MMO-like really, its an open world (kinda crazy huge which leads to a lot of running), its not really story driven at all. Unfortunately it is just a mod of a "realistic" military shooter called Arma. Its cool but I feel like its really limited from it since its not a stand alone game yet. Nando, take a look at some youtube videos of it if you're interested or check out their website in the first post.

On a somewhat related note, but a different game...
I do recommend anyone interested in a survival-zombie type game to go here and sign up for the beta for The War Z. It's worth trying when it comes out later this summer.

http://thewarz.com/

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@Jul 25 2012, 02:21 PM

MMO-like really, its an open world (kinda crazy huge which leads to a lot of running), its not really story driven at all.&nbsp; Unfortunately it is just a mod of a "realistic" military shooter called Arma.&nbsp; Its cool but I feel like its really limited from it since its not a stand alone game yet.&nbsp; Nando, take a look at some youtube videos of it if you're interested or check out their website in the first post.

On a somewhat related note, but a different game...
I do recommend anyone interested in a survival-zombie type game to go here and sign up for the beta for The War Z.&nbsp; It's worth trying when it comes out later this summer.

http://thewarz.com/

I've heard of the war z, and this mod is very interesting to me, i might get the game when i get paid this friday.

I can't wait till The Last of Us comes out, should be so good.