Create Account

Selecting my IIHF country

Selecting my IIHF country

[Image: Austria%20Switzerland.jpeg]

I created as an unassigned player as I didn't want to lock myself into a horrible situation, so I created Montagne as a French player. I had asked with the IIHF commissioner if I could advertise before creating so I could create with a specific iihf nationality in mind, but apparantly that would be tampering (which feels weird, as everyone would have had a chance, just like they had now). But now the SMJHL playoffs started (horribly for us I might add), teams were allowed to contact me. I was at a comedy show with my father for the evening, so i couldnt follow up much to the two inquiries, but the short talks we had, made me comfortable to sign with either of them. Unfortunately Austria and Switzerland won't merge into one country magically, so I'll have to make a decision. And truth be told, I hate having to dissapoint people, so I decided I won't prolong this decision for very long.  But since I can't just decide, I have decided to choose with three categories:

- Teammates
- Where would I fit in now
- How will the team look in the future

The teammates

One major selling point would of course be the locker room and that makes it a hard decision to start with. Switzerland has some people I know I enjoy having around from the Los Angeles Panthers locker room in Toivo, Segi and Count Chocula, so there are a lot of new faces I don't really know or haven't shared a locker room with. Also talked briefly with fellow draftee High Stick King on why he chose Switzerland as he also went from unassigned to them. Austria on the other hand, it's like I know so much of their people from the Dallas Birddogs from the DSFL, as people like r0tz, Madden, Zoot, Gucci, inverted are there. bbp I have known since my first shl player, but he recreated as a russian player, while AW i spent a lot of time with on his team in the EFL and Wally I helped manage a team in the ECFA, so I know I would love to work together with him.  So it's a point for Austria due to being so familiar with most of the players.

The now

When looking at where I would fit in currently Austria seems to see me more as a long term project. Wally informed me he would love to see me as a future duo splitting games with Byrnison, who they acquired from Norway on transfer. While Segi informed me I could already have the backup spot in Switzerland due to their backup being inactive. When I look at the teams

1500+ 11 players for Switzerland,  with another 4 over a 1000 while Austria has 5 players above 1500+ with another 7 above 1000. So currently the Switzerland team looks stronger to put in immediate results, which could be done with me on the roster, while Austria I would have to wait until I am able to uncap (which isn't for some years). Now I know I probably will perform horribly against the SHL skaters, but it does seem like a fun opportunity.  So when looking at the now, Switzerland will get a point.

The future

The generation that will probably be around when I hit my prime. How active are their players in earning at the moment. I will calculate this based on the tpe of the current leader of the draft class.
For myself, I am currently standing at 96,6 % , mostly behind due not creating at the trade deadline. An A+ would be considered 95 or higher, A is 90 or higher, B is 80 or higher, C is 70 or higher, D is 60 or higher and everything below that, I'm not sure if we should count these.

Austria:

Goalie:
S59 - Iorek Byrnison (80,9 %)

Defense:

S58 - Finn von Murphenstein (99,9 %)
S58 - A-Rye Izzy (99 %)
S59 - Dane von Gucci  (84,1 %)
S58 - Zayne Rotzbua (64,9 %)
S60 - Alfred Yankovic  (60,8 %)
S61 - Sebastian Weiss (65,6 %)
S61 - Randy Marsh (65,3 %)
S62 - Not Deadly (65,1 %)

Wingers:
S58 - Friedensreich Hundertwasser (98,7 %)
S58 - Paul Binder  (80 %)
S58 - Gerry Attrick (67,2 %)
S61 - Duncan Mackenzie - (95,3 %)
S62 - Vin Bangsa-Wamy - (89,2 %)

Centers:
S59 - Miguel Hefeweizen - (98,6 %)

Switzerland:

Defense:
S57 - Arsene Leclerc (96,3 %)
S58 - Narboza Manyhands (82,4 %)
S60 - Marcel Beck (95,9 %)
S59 - Sabarro Torretta (67 %)
S61 - Jannik Nordstern (98,6 %)

Wingers:
S59 - Cormac Ponaire (81,9 %)
S61 - Jalal ad-Din Afinogenov (74,2 %)
S61 - Petra Sabor (48,7 %)
S62 - Wayne Glensky (67, 1 %)
S62 - Spencer Elsby (not updated, leaving out of the equation)
S63 - Ivan Laksamus - (97 %)

Centers:
S57 - Anton Mihailov (96,2 %)
S57 - Luukas Lilja (95,3 %)
S59 - Marco Barengrub (90,1 %)
S62 - Aldo Huber (87,1 %)
S63 - Nicola Schümperli (not updated yet, but by default at 93,9 %)

Goaliewise, I find it hard to give out points, as for one country I would split the games and the other doesn't have a future goalie yet. So for the future, no points are given out here.

Defensewise for Austria we see an elite A+ duo in von Murphenstein and Izzy, they will be the core of the defence for seasons to come. Unfortunately, it's only Von Gucci keeping it close as a B player. The rest of the defense looks to be a D, so depth wise this defense will probably remain behind. For Switzerland, they have less prospects here, but they are doing better in numbers, with 3 A+ players, one B player and one D player, you already would have a solid top 4 instead of relying on either an older player or a D player. Point for Switzerland.

Wingers for Austria do look really solid with two A+ players, two B players (where one is almost an A), only Attrick is behind a bit as a D, but that would already be for the third line. On the other side of the border we find one A+ winger, but only a recent recreate, so still a question mark if he will keep it up. I know the user is capable of building good players, so his A+ is probably warranted. The next player is only a low B, followed by a C and a D for their top 4. Elsby and Sabor will likely not make it in the long run. Luckily they just recruited a new unassigned winger as well in Spack Jarrow. But when looking at the wingers, it's a point going to Austria.

Centers

Between the two countries, Austria looks to have the best center for the future, Hefeweizen is the closest to his draft class leader, but he is the only center prospect for the team for S57 and younger. Now I do realize they also have a S56 one to fall back on, so it's not like it's a bad duo for the future most likely, but looking at Switzerland we see two A+ players from S57, and another A player for S69 and a high B for S62, which is my draft class. Schümperli is still at base tpe on the tracker, but as a new create it might just be because there hasnt been an update day yet. So for now he falls in the A category by default. This wouldn't really matter in the score, as Switzerland has the edge here.

So looking at the future, Switzerland scores 2 points, while Austria adds 1 point.

The decision

So the team members, the now and the future considered, I feel Switzerland might be the best option, even though it was a really close call with the 3-2 score. I want to thank both Segi and Wally for their interest on the first day of transfers being allowed. I was afraid due to there being so much goalies, that I might end up dissapointed with no interest. @Segi, I look forward to work with you in the future and be the natural successor to Antonescu.  @Wally, you know I love working with you, so let's hope our paths will cross elsewhere, it was hard to say no to your offer, but the chance to already play IIHF on a highly rated team, while the team still should be in good shape when my player becomes better, was to good to pass up on.

tl;dr - Rebecca Montagne will use her free transfer to play for Switzerland

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

09-30-2021, 06:22 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote: I will calculate this based on the tpe of the current leader of the draft class.
That's a good way to analyze the activity.

Great article and welcome to the team!
Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

09-30-2021, 07:19 AMHigh Stick King Wrote:
09-30-2021, 06:22 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote: I will calculate this based on the tpe of the current leader of the draft class.
That's a good way to analyze the activity.

Great article and welcome to the team!
Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland

Yeah pure tpe numbers felt confusing Smile

Update Scale

Former players:

Welcome to Switzerland

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Switzerland!!!

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Well done. I love getting people's perspectives on these type of behind the scenes decisions around the SHL.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

cant believe GB didnt even talk to you

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

So you've chosen death. Ninja

Also re: giving everyone a chance to recruit you pre-creation, we've set a precedent that that's a no-go due to ethical reasons after trying it once, albeit it was a more open approach as opposed to one individual. Definitely feels like a rabbit hole regardless.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2021, 11:22 AM by OrbitingDeath.)

09-30-2021, 10:09 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: cant believe GB didnt even talk to you
Think they are banking on zoone not planning to retire for the next decade :D

09-30-2021, 10:36 AMartermis Wrote: So you've chosen death.  Ninja

Was Orbiting it for a while Wink  But why would this be 'death' specifically?

09-30-2021, 10:36 AMartermis Wrote: Also re: giving everyone a chance to recruit you pre-creation, we've set a precedent that that's a no-go due to ethical reasons after trying it once, albeit it was a more open approach as opposed to one individual. Definitely feels like a rabbit hole regardless.

Yeah I totally get the reason, but I still feel the result is still the same Smile

Update Scale

Former players:

<3 Still love ya man! Forever Phalanx!

[Image: Wally.png]

09-30-2021, 11:21 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote:
09-30-2021, 10:36 AMartermis Wrote: So you've chosen death.  Ninja
Was Orbiting it for a while Wink  But why would this be 'death' specifically?

I made a bet many seasons ago that if Japan or Switzerland, as expansion teams, won gold before the Czechs won their first, I would recreate. The Swiss have yet to win theirs, but obviously I'm still cheering against them.

09-30-2021, 11:21 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote:
09-30-2021, 10:36 AMartermis Wrote: Also re: giving everyone a chance to recruit you pre-creation, we've set a precedent that that's a no-go due to ethical reasons after trying it once, albeit it was a more open approach as opposed to one individual. Definitely feels like a rabbit hole regardless.
Yeah I totally get the reason, but I still feel the result is still the same Smile

Ethics took center stage as someone asked "Why are people being recruited when they haven't even made a player yet" so that's the primary point. Some would argue that the results would certainly change how the IIHF operates.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Thank you for the insight into how you chose!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Great media! Unassigned ganggang!

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Survey Says: The right decision  Switzerland

@OrbitingDeath

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

07-12-2022, 08:26 AMBy-Tor Wrote: Survey Says: The right decision  Switzerland

@OrbitingDeath

Gold it is! <3

Update Scale

Former players: