Create Account

X Degrees to S1
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2021, 11:06 AM by luke.)

I dont know why I had the idea, but I thought it was fun to find how many players I played with in order to get back to S1

So obviously my easy pick is that I played with Jonathan Lundberg in S45 with the San Francisco Pride, so thats the start of my line

Luke Thomason -> Jonathan Lundberg @Rich

Next I have to find his oldest player he played with, which is nice because he moved around teams like a motherfucker. Luckily I Found Taylor Hall / Jordan Hall @Hallsy in S28 with the Manhattan Rage. Hallsy played from S8 - S29

So now it goes

Luke Thomason -> Jonathan Lundberg @Rich -> Taylor Hall / Jordan Hall @Hallsy

And from there, he was a rookie in both West Kendall Platoon AND Winnipeg Jets, so there is a plethora of players to choose from if I want to get back to S1, so I am going to pick Damian Littleton, aka @Leafs4ever

So now it goes

Luke Thomason -> Jonathan Lundberg @Rich -> Taylor Hall/Jordan Hall @Hallsy -> Damian Littleton @Leafs4ever

So thats 4 degrees of separation between me and S1, along with having them all still be active and have a player in the league Smile

I don't think there can be 3 degrees of separation anymore because I dont think the long guys like Joe Mckeil, Esa, etc played with S1 guys like Ryan Jesster, Jay McDonald, Pavol Skvoznak, Ron Mexico, Joe Duncombe, Riley Raycroft,

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

good 4 u

for real tho that's actually quite an interesting piece of SHL trivia

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2021, 11:22 AM by JNH.)

I think it’s probable I’d sit around 2 degrees of separation. Tez might have a good shot at one degree. Maybe baby Tylar as well. Too much thinking I’m going back to bed.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

12-31-2021, 11:21 AMJNH Wrote: I think it’s probable I’d sit around 2 degrees of separation. Tez might have a good shot at one degree. Maybe baby Tylar as well.  Too much thinking I’m going back to bed.
I mean from your current player.

Very interesting! Watch this become a trivia question in the S63 CW.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Which Indexes are you using for this? I wanna see if I can't find a McKeil to S1 connection after all...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

that makes me 5 degrees then

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

12-31-2021, 12:12 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Which Indexes are you using for this? I wanna see if I can't find a McKeil to S1 connection after all...

https://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/

Season 2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Season 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Really neat idea, @"luketd". I may have to give this a whirl in ISFL. League's only been around half as long, but much shorter careers to connect.

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

12-31-2021, 09:35 PMckroyal92 Wrote: Really neat idea, @"luketd". I may have to give this a whirl in ISFL. League's only been around half as long, but much shorter careers to connect.

Shorter career though. Best of luck!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2022, 03:32 AM by JNH.)

12-31-2021, 11:24 AMluke Wrote:
12-31-2021, 11:21 AMJNH Wrote: I think it’s probable I’d sit around 2 degrees of separation. Tez might have a good shot at one degree. Maybe baby Tylar as well.  Too much thinking I’m going back to bed.

Oy even more thinking, no thanks :(

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

12-31-2021, 11:24 AMluke Wrote:

LDV - S53 - Current
Beaujeaux Biscuit - S37-S53
Slappy McDoodle - S24-S39
Ivo Willems - S10-S28
Steven Stamkos - S2-S18
Insert S1-S2 platoon player here.

I’m sure I can do better given more time, and not on my ipad at nearly 1am…. But every player there has played for the Platoon at some point. The other option was to go biscuit -> light -> and then same route as you from Rich onwards.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

12-31-2021, 12:12 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Which Indexes are you using for this? I wanna see if I can't find a McKeil to S1 connection after all...
It's Edgar Marcco they played together on S8 HAM and the same player played S1 on WKP.

Which makes me think the prolly longest 2 degrees of seperation are Marcco (S1-S8) -> McKeil(S8-S32) -> LKS(S32-S52) which spans from S1 to S52

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 04:05 PM by Symmetrik.)

Since Kinsinger is a babby who hasn't played in the SHL yet, I would have to use Luca Veccelli to make it interesting. Veccelli played in the SHL from S52 to S60.

I played with Luke Thomason in Manhattan and Thomason played with Lundberg to...

Luca Veccelli->Rainbow Dash->Esa Anrikkanen->Vladislav Smirnov->JJ Krever

I thought there was a chance Esa had someone from S1 but it doesn't seem to be. Smirnov played in S5 and that was as far back as I could find for a teammate of Esa's.

I'd be curious if you started from the longest tenured S1 players and see how far you could get in a reverse of this (in as few players as possible)

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

01-03-2022, 04:05 PMSymmetrik Wrote: Since Kinsinger is a babby who hasn't played in the SHL yet, I would have to use Luca Veccelli to make it interesting. Veccelli played in the SHL from S52 to S60.

I played with Luke Thomason in Manhattan and Thomason played with Lundberg to...

Luca Veccelli->Rainbow Dash->Esa Anrikkanen->Vladislav Smirnov->JJ Krever

I thought there was a chance Esa had someone from S1 but it doesn't seem to be. Smirnov played in S5 and that was as far back as I could find for a teammate of Esa's.

I'd be curious if you started from the longest tenured S1 players and see how far you could get in a reverse of this (in as few players as possible)

@Tomen did this
It went
Marcco (S1-S8) -> McKeil(S8-S32) -> LKS(S32-S52) which spans from S1 to S52