Create Account

S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

It's a little frustrating to have our team chef resign on such short notice, but I get it. We've had a running thing in the locker room about asking if the meals meet different dietary standards, just to be difficult, for a couple of seasons. "Does this have peanuts?" "No thanks, I'm trying to eat kosher." "Got anything gluten-free?" You get the idea.
There's a comprehensive list that gets updated every season unless the team doctor submits a note. None of the complaints have been serious, just guys picking on the kitchen staff because they went on a two month stint alternating between pilf and "Caesar" salads with boiled chicken, kale, and no cheese or dressing before anybody from management noticed and told them to cut it out. The last straw was upsetting a full menu plan with complaints, so the chef remade the entire menu and all new prep to accommodate every complaint we'd made that week, taking it all seriously, right in time for somebody to bring in turtle brownies for the Moms' trip. We made 60-something of those fudgey, caramel-covered, walnut-crusted squares disappear in seconds right in front of the kitchen window. In hindsight, I can see where that might've been too far.

Now we're doing a weekly rotation among the players, prepping and cooking for the team while management looks for a replacement chef to run the kitchen. As it's my turn and I'm an intermediate or beginner cook, I'm trying to keep it sort of simple. Monday is leg day, so light and high protein is good; grilled chicken, zucchini, and carrots. Tuesday is a game day, and we'll want carbs, so spaghetti and meatballs is a safe and traditional idea. Wednesday is a travel day with a more intense morning skate, so it calls for high protein but something that we can eat in transit. I'm thinkin' Cuban sandwiches; ham, pulled pork, salami, Swiss cheese, mustard, and pickles on a dense-crumb bread like baguettes (getting actual Cuban bread where we'll be is a little difficult). Made early, pressed on a grill, and stowed at room temp until lunch time. Thursday is another game day, so more carbs. Gonna mix it up a little bit with a salmon and veggie stir fry. Friday is practice with late afternoon travel, so light and high protein again. I want to try doing a chicken and yellow rice bake. One of my childhood teammates' mom used to make that for us and it was awesome. Saturday is another heavy practice and weight room day, so heavy carbs and protein. I think we'll round out the week with a steak and potato foil pack with steamed vegetables on the side. Sunday is an off-day, so I only have to do lunch for myself. It's usually my cheat day. Depending on how the week goes, I'm ordering Chinese takeout or pizza.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 10:19 PM by _Blitz_.)

It's a little frustrating to have our team chef resign on such short notice, but I get it. We've had a running thing in the locker room about asking if the meals meet different dietary standards, just to be difficult, for a couple of seasons. "Does this have peanuts?" "No thanks, I'm trying to eat kosher." "Got anything gluten-free?" You get the idea.
There's a comprehensive list that gets updated every season unless the team doctor submits a note. None of the complaints have been serious, just guys picking on the kitchen staff because they went on a two month stint alternating between pilf and "Caesar" salads with boiled chicken, kale, and no cheese or dressing before anybody from management noticed and told them to cut it out. The last straw was upsetting a full menu plan with complaints, so the chef remade the entire menu and all new prep to accommodate everything we'd said that week, taking it all seriously, right in time for somebody to bring in turtle brownies for the Moms' trip. We made 60-something of those fudgey, caramel-covered, walnut-crusted squares disappear in seconds right in front of the kitchen window. In hindsight, I can see where that might've been too far.

Now we're doing a weekly rotation among the players, prepping and cooking for the team while management looks for a replacement chef to run the kitchen. As it's my turn and I'm an intermediate or beginner cook, I'm trying to keep it sort of simple. Monday is leg day, so light and high protein is good; grilled chicken, zucchini, and carrots. Tuesday is a game day, and we'll want carbs, so spaghetti and meatballs is a safe and traditional idea. Wednesday is a travel day with a more intense morning skate, so it calls for high protein but something that we can eat in transit. I'm thinkin' Cuban sandwiches; ham, pulled pork, salami, Swiss cheese, mustard, and pickles on a dense-crumb bread like baguettes (getting actual Cuban bread where we'll be is a little difficult). Made early, pressed on a grill, and stowed at room temp until lunch time. Thursday is another game day, so more carbs. Gonna mix it up a little bit with a salmon and veggie stir fry. Friday is practice with late afternoon travel, so light and high protein again. I want to try doing a chicken and yellow rice bake. One of my childhood teammates' mom used to make that for us and it was awesome. Saturday is another heavy practice and weight room day, so heavy carbs and protein. I think we'll round out the week with a steak and potato foil pack with steamed vegetables on the side. Sunday is an off-day, so I only have to do lunch for myself. It's usually my cheat day. Depending on how the week goes, I'm ordering Chinese takeout or pizza.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

PBE Affiliate

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

I think the thing that my team would be enjoying a lot of would be ramen noodles. No, but for real, I think there's only so much I would be able to cook and that the team would get sick of it very quickly. I do enjoy cooking to an extent, and would make some decent food like baked chicken, tons of pasta dishes, a lot of burgers, and a lot of rice, and of course I can make pancakes and eggs, and cook some mean bacon and sausage. But beyond that, my team would be in pretty damn dire straits. I can maybe get one specialized meal every weekday, like say bacon and eggs for breakfast, burgers for lunch, and lasagna for dinner on Mondays every Monday, and then change it up every day to make it so that a meal only repeats once a week. But then you're still getting it like 4 times a month, and that could get pretty tiring pretty fast. So yeah, my team is kinda screwed if I get made the chef (179)

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Prompt 2

Growing up on merchant vessels at sea, Spack Jarrow wasn't afforded the opportunity to be a picky eater. Whatever is put in front of you is what you ate or else you starved. There wasn't a lot of variety to a deckhand's diet where salted meats and beans were often the staple of most trips.

When Jarrow found himself in the SMJHL he discovered that there wasn't anyone to stop him from eating whatever he wanted -- whenever he wanted. He loved trying a new restaurant out before a game, often times getting some of the most spicy dish on the menu but also loved to add a desert or two at the end of the meal. There were some pivotal lessons learned by Spack in that first season in what to eat before a game and even more importantly, what NOT to eat before a game.

Now before most games, Jarrow focusses on nutrition and likes to stick to fish with his favourite being salmon.

[ 171 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Prompt 1:  
In classic NL fashion, everything will ketchup themed. When the holmgang comes to destroy us all, I know I'll be on the right side of history.... That being said, the meal will start out with some delicious loaded nachos, sounds normal right? Wrong, ketchup instead of salsa with a side of ketchup dip. Next is the main course where you know we're going with the chef's special, the staple of the NL diet, ketchup pasta (pic included). As a side we're getting some fries smothered on ketchup and some ketchup chips. To wash it all down you got to make some bloody marys made with ketchup instead of tomato juice, the extra sugar from the ketchup really helps wash down all of the other ketchup we're having.  Finally for dessert we're having one of my all time favorite recipes, ketchup cake. Ketchup flavored cake between layers of cream cheese frosting, it's like carrot cake but clearly more civilized. And that's my full course meal, hope you like ketchup.
[Image: VKUZO4V.jpg]

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

PT Pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Prompt 2

The team chef for the San Francisco Pride has already gotten used to making all sorts of different recipes, so excessive orders of pilk do not phase them. Fortunately, Kev Kevens is not the one who orders the pilk and instead has a few different go-to orders. As a throwback to the first interview Kev had as a member of the Citadelles, he always makes sure to order some poutine when he misses the cuisine of Quebec. Specifically, adding some green onion, bacon, spinach, and egg to the dish to make it completely customized to his own tastes. If the greasy poutine wasn't bad enough for Kevens' fitness, he will also tend to order a lot of dishes which include peanut butter. Sometimes just asking for a jar of the stuff and eating it plain is the best way for him to gain the calories and protein needed to sustain himself during or after a game.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Task 2

William Salming doesn't have a tight diet. He eats everything what he wants because that has always worked for him. Usually, on breakfast Salming enjoys a glass of strawberry juice, a cup of yoghurt and piece of rye bread. On the lunch, he eats the only warm meal of the day. It could be chicken, meat, pasta, salmon, potatoes, meatballs or something else. In the evening, after hard game Salming usually eats again rye bread, yoghurt but also adds in the mix one banana which helps to keep energy level high during the long night before it is again time for a breakfast on next day. During the season, Salming tries to not eat too much candy and chips but sometimes he can' resist himself and eats a bag of candy but because he plays 20 minutes per night on SHL he also burns a lot of calories so eating one bag of candy is not end of the world. Thank you for reading.

[Image: salming.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 10:22 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Well, first things first just to piss off the teammates when they order Pilk. I serve them Pilk or Pickle milk. It has a lot of essential salts to help with hydration while training and everything being fully functional during the games but best enough, it makes them mad. In addition to the Pickle Milk I serve the defensemen Chocolate Milk to help them bulk up and increase their weight unless they are trying to lose a few pounds here and there. Those who are trying to slim down to increase speed. I serve them Water, but with that water They get Oreos because Oreos dissolve the quickest in Water compared to other liquids. Because if you're trying to be quick your food should also be quick. Those people also get peanut butter and Jelly Sandwiches. Except for that one Kid Lambert, he has a peanut allergy. That guy just gets buttered bread on toast.   

[155 words]

During the season, I haven’t had to mess with my diet much, but I try to keep it strict while not being too complicated. Nutrition is extremely important to maintain top-end performance during a long and grueling season, but I love food, so I don’t get too crazy with it.

My breakfast usually consists of oatmeal, eggs, and sausage with some type of green juice. During and after workouts, it’s all about that whey isolate. I’ll try to sneak in a nap and have a snack afterwards which is usually rice, a protein, and a veggie. I’ll also have another green juice. Pre-game meal is almost always a gluten free pasta and meat sauce with a protein like salmon or maybe chicken. I usually prefer salmon because it’s high in protein and I just think it adds more flavor. Come game time, staying hydrated is top priority. I have a drink mix that’s packed with electrolytes and amino acids that fuels me really well. I get a lot of that leading up to and during the game.

When I cheat, I love to grab a nice cheeseburger or pizza. The start of the offseason is when I find myself doing that most often. Gotta reward yourself for all the hard work you put in during the season!

PROMPT 2
[217 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS