Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview

ISFL Affiliate (negs)

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

I have finally been picked up in the SMJHL. I am lucky to be able to play alongside some wonderful players here at the Colorado Raptors. I can guarantee that a few of us might spring some suprises over the coming season and we will prove to be a proper boon to our team! Firstly let us start off with the main man Isaac Forty-One. The guy is as good on the ice as he is handsome! Forty-One is going to be bringing in poise and confidence in defence for us at the Raptors. The key to a championship winning team has to be the defence. If Isaac can stop goals, then the offense will have a chance to feast. Another player who is going to have a standout season this year needs no introducing. The main man JR Frankenstero. This guy just knows where to be at the right time for the Raptors. He has a wealth of experience compared to a few of the players on the team and hopefully Frankenstero can impress from the right wing position and really keep the offense ticking. The last player that I think will have a decent season this year will be the rookie Left winger Carly Ray Jetson. Jetson might be a rookie, but she is bringing in the ability to get open and make those chances count. It might be a little while before we see Carly have some solid minutes in the first line for the team, but you never know. With limited minutes, I can see them having an explosive impact for the team!

Code:
Word count: 267

The Anchorage Armada were ok during the preseason, but definitely have room to improve. A lot of that rests on the shoulders of August Von Hecht, the rookie goalie. Stepping into the starting role so early is a vote of confidence for the German, but for the team to be successful, he will need to adapt quickly to the SMJHL and be a wall for the Armada. Offensively, the team looks to build around RW Lord Zomp. A strong skater and constant all around threat in the offensive zone, expect Zomp to put up a bunch of points this year. Feeding Zomp the puck will be center Luka Magic, whose puck handling, passing, and offensive awareness will allow him to dish out the assists all day long. Magic also has a mean shot, so expect him to pair those assists with plenty of goals as well. Defensively, Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II looks to lead the way. The Aussie is strong on both ends of the ice, and should be a good leader for rooks D Jobin and Sean Davies. With a lot of young talent it may be another season before the Armada are ready to compete for the cup, but they should be  competitive this season, and could surprise some teams.

Kelowna is a young team brimming with potential. Even with a slow start, the team is poised to make a serious impact this season.

Graj Virrok – Defense
Graj had a somewhat slow start to the season on the scoresheet posting just one goal and five assists throughout 13 games. However as one of the veteran leaders on the team Graj was still able to contribute in other ways, leading the team in blocked shots and ice time. As the season progresses I’m sure we’ll see the silky mitted defenseman return to the scoresheet.

Jacques Hammer – Forward
Jacques is having a tremendous start to his young career leading Kelowna in both goals and points. The young forward also boasts a league high 31% shooting percentage. This sniper is not one to shy away from contact as the winger has thrown his weight around in the first few games generating 29 hits.

Munko Aitmukhambetov – Forward
This absolute unit is also an absolute assist machine averaging almost an apple per game and has already surpassed their totals from last season. Munko is a pivotal piece of the Kelowna power play racking up 7 of assists with the man advantage.

The Kelowna Knights are a young team right now. They have a lot of raw talent, but are lacking a lot of veteran presence to steady the team. This season likely will be a rough one for the young squad, but they have a three key player they can build off on as they build for the next few seasons. Graj Virrok, Rikkert Biemans, and Casey Fantobens will be key building blocks as they move forward. On the blueline, Virrok will provide a stable play, as well as serve as a role model for the rookie defense on the team. Biemans will be the driving force offensively. He will be the player that the team looks to focus around when it comes to scoring. Finally, we have Fantobens. He is the final line of defense for the Knights, looking to stop as many pucks as he can throughout the season. If the rookies develop well, the three will get some much needed support throughout the season.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

I didn’t expect to Land on the Whalers but honestly I’m really excited about the season and I’m really looking forward to how it’s going to go. The team is young and hungry and it seems like a real good group of folks that are on the path to success. We’re currently already sitting at 15-1-2 in the season which nobody expected to be honest. Leading the pack is Aleksandr Iskandrov who is already sitting at 10 goals and multiple points per game. Alongside Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev, who is sitting at 15 goals, 14 assist are already leading the charge. This powerhouse Duo, assisted by Edge Rocks really are making a crazy play at being the best first line of forwards in the league in my opinion. They’re dominant on the ice and if this keeps up then I believe they could lead us to the cup. Not to be outdone, I also want to shout out Capy Bara who is a solid defensive player with 39 blocks and really has been helping lock down the opposing defense.

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

The over here in Yukon Marmalutes is absolutely fantastic. We have been off to a flying start in the league and has barely lost a game thus far. Oles Kobliska, Dimitris Chrysanthos, Lucas Percy and Billy Blazes have been insanely strong for the team right out of the gates. But there has been a huge surprise too. Me. Theo Larsson has had an incredible start to the season and surprised many and all with his scoring record. Ahead of the season you were looking at a well balanced but not someone to heavily rely on for your scoring on. Well, he has proven a lot of people wrong. The young rookie, fresh from being selected as the 2nd overall pick in this years SMJHL entry level draft has been nothing short of great. 16 points in 17 games with 7 goals and a 1st star. His managers have also expressed their gratitude for the great start to his career multiple times.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

The Beserkers are looking absolutely fantastic coming into this season. With the likes of AllexaDemie MiNads-SLATT leading the way with their great playmaking skills. The hands on this kid are absolutely phenomenal and he's unselfish as they come. Constantly looking to thread the needle for a great assist, what a team player. Then there's Matsmith Soderberg-Tremblay, another great playmaker, come to think of it, a lot of this team is focused on pass first and every one of them seem to excel at it. If only there was someone on the team that was more of a shoot first, ask questions later type of player. Oh wait, Brennan Kennedy III. BK3 is a pure bred, bona-fide sniper. If the pucks on his stick, he has one thing on his mind and that's scoring a goal. Joining a team of playmakers is ideal for him as he looks to excel on this team.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Talk about how your team is looking ahead of the coming season. Include at least 3 players who will be key to the success of the team, plus an explanation why they will be crucial. Must include 150 words

Detroit, we look like a team that is a borderline contender. Toms Zile is going to be a huge part of the teams success. A S64 goalie with almost 700 TPE is massive!. Holden Steady, arguably the best defenseman in the SMJHL currently definitely a force to be reckoned with. And their defense partner Johnny Patey will look to lead the team into a playoff run this season! Johnny will be looking to boost their offensive production from the line this season. Going to be crucial with the younger forward core Detroit has. Cannot win a championship without goaltending, and there is none better than Zile. Watch out for Holden, he is known to drop some massive hits and rally up his team. This captain does whatever it takes for his team to win.

Falcons Falcons

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

[url=ISFL Affiliate

Quebec City is looking to compete this season, if we can figure out a new engine we were promised some data that we never got and we can't test on it, so we are suposed to do magic out of our ass, which is ... amazing, thanks HO.

As for players that will have a big impact this season, i think everyone agree on the roster that the current captain, Justin Time, will be one of the key to our success. With 3 seasons under the belt as the starter, Time is in his Prime and it's his last season with the team. I think that will highly play for him wanting to perform in order to help the team push far in the playoffs. Second, his teammate here and in SHL, Rylie Versi will also try to perform strongly at the offense. Lastly, i think one of the strongest player for the team is Louise St. Martin, who already set many record in the team and will try to repeat a 3rd season nominee for defenseman of the year.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Going into the upcoming season, you’ve got a lot to look forward to in Newfoundland. While typically the team has been known as a powerhouse - someone that others look to when it’s time to pick the top slot in their season predictions. This season will likely be a bit different, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Other teams have shown some great growth and it’s time for new blood to start to take the reigns with the Berserkers. One of the main players will be Luca Hunzinger or I probably got that wrong. Dangles’ player. He’s an absolute stud and our captain so he’ll undoubtedly play a key role. Nina Tucker has cup winning experience which is an invaluable tool to have in the locker room. That’s someone we’ll lean on heavily both on and off the ice. The third main player to look to is MSST. While Corey is a dingus, his player is really solid and should be at the forefront of NLs offense this season. It bodes well for Chicago in the future as well.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 12:13 AM by bbjygm. Edited 1 time in total.)

I believe Regina will only go up from where they are. They have a fresh set of lines that are primed for top earning, upping the potential for a star-studded roster. 3 players of interest are:
- Hodor. He's a gentle giant with the vocabulary of a pokemon, but he's great to have on the defense. He's bulky, strong, and very able to wrestle possession away from opponents, all with a smile on his face and cute birdies he saw outside the rink on his mind.
- Angry Gilmore. As opposed to Hodor, Angry is rather, well, angry. He's keeps himself in check (heh) and isn't too aggressive, channeling his feelings into excellent play, but the rare occasions he gets to fight he goes all in.
- Toxic Neutral. In the middle of the spectrum is Toxic Neutrality. He's neither happy nor angry. His cool head allows for great perception of the game and he tries to balance offensive and defensive play, making for good two-way play.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

The Kelowna Knights started off a putrid 1-6 in the pre-season which was worst in the SMJHL. They also scored 2 goals or less in 6 of the 7 games. The young squad is looking to bounce back not only from after finishing at the bottom of the league in S65 at 17-45. Rookie defenseman Finn Brandt didn't mince words about his teams poor pre-season, "It was atrocious. We have to be better and that's goes for all facets of the games. We didn't put the puck in the net enough. We didn't defend well. Fanto was getting hammered with shots."

If this trend continues, the Knights will need to rely on starting goaltender Casey Fantobens to keep the puck out of the net. Fantobens returns to Knights after splitting games in S65 with a .900 save percentage. Rikkert Biemans is another returning player from S65 who is hoping to guide the young team. Biemans should start the season as the team's number one center and scored 3 goals during the pre-season. The team will need him to drive scoring to see any type of success. Another player to look out for on the offensive side is rookie Jaques Hammer. Despite scoring 0 goals in the pre-season, Hammer has one of the most accurate shots on the team.

"We have a great group of guys here so I expect it only to go up from here. Just gotta keep working hard and it will come” Brandt reassured.

Kelowna will have to rebound quickly as their first game versus Newfoundland is right around the corner.

Vancouver is looking very strong this season, the preseason was excellent, and the start of the regular season has been everything I could have asked for and more. There is nothing more I could ask for really out of the start of a season. I think if things continue we will likely be one of the key contenders for the four star cup after not having much expectations coming into the season originally.

The top three key players in no particular order all important top players for the team to lead the way, as well as some new blood who will need to be holding up the depth of the roster.

!. Aleksandr Iskandrov is the first key player for the Whalers, with the highest TOI for any forward, being the top line C on the team, as well as being a huge point producer that is relied upon to really keep the top line moving. Without a strong season, the whalers will be nowhere.

2. Meta Knight, entering his first season is going to need to hold up on the 2nd line at center. It is probably a bit early to call on them for league leading production, but so far so good, and he has looked VERY stable in his own end, making up for his slow point production.

3. Miroslav Ketil, the teams leading D man is probably the third key player, with a large contribution on both the PP and PK, their performance is really the rock for the whalers at both ends of the ice, and having such a stable blueliner to hold the team together will be a boon for the whalers if the play stays at a high level all season.