Create Account

S72 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza

R & R
The Carolina Krakens had a nice fight in the playoffs but were unfortunately beaten by Nevada. Betzee Nickelback is swapping skates for sandals and taking a nice vacation to the beach. During offseason as Betzee is prepping mentally for the upcoming draft, she is in her bikini laying on a beach towel and working on her tan. While on the beach, Betzee plans to catch up on her reading of hockey romance books. After her beach day, she will head back to the beach house and get ready to hit the town with her fellow rookie Rence Skyut. They will get massages to help relax their sore muscles from skating around all season and load up on delicious food to help them bulk up.
Betzee Nickelback will take a week to relax and destress and then plans to fly back to Carolina where she will hit the ice again to prep for the new and upcoming season.
Word Count: 157

Secret Plans
Sneaky is our middle name. We are the Carolina Sneaky Krakens. Our ultimate plan is to stick spies in our opponent's locker room at the beginning of each game. While in the locker room, the spy will collect inside details through a hidden microphone and camera that is planted in a special hair tie. This camera footage will be displayed in Carolina’s locker room giving them first hand information on exactly what the other teams tactics are for the upcoming game.
But now it is time to hit the ice. Westley Kirkpatrick will locate the opponents best player and attack and then eat their kneecaps. With the best player out, this gives the Carolina’s spy and opportunity to gear up in that players gear and hit the ice as that player. The spy will ultimately tank the game  by giving the puck away, and assisting Carolina in winning. After Carolina’s win, they will disappear without anyone knowing who was really playing.
Word Count: 161
Superlatives
Most likely to fake it till they make it: Betzee Nickelback.
While Betzee pretends she knows what is happening. It is truly just a show and takes her reading things many many times to catch what is actually happening in SHL
Most likely to be a sports announcer: Alexandros Morgraine
Alexandros is the first to update fellow squids with play by play of what is happening in each game. They are also the first to post current stats of all players and rookies
Most likely to get under your skin: Sith Happens
This was only voted after the most recent chaos in the Carolina locker room. Many found him funny and played along. I myself gave this as a bias award because it was indeed to annoy me
Most likely to be the best GM’S: Sve7en and Frenchie
That should say enough because they truly are the best GMs in SMJHL
Word Count: 151

Fun Times
The players on Carolina Kraken know how to have a good time and they always make the good times a whole day experience. They would start the morning off with a beautiful brunch prepper by no other than the lovely GM, Sve7en. They would feast on eggs, bacon, pancakes, and fruit and down some bottomless mimosa. After their brunch, they will head out to laser tag where they will team up against a group of little kids and demolish them with their laser tag skills. Lazer Gato will take the final kid down with their laser eyes. After running around, they start to build up an appetite which means it is time for the Kraken Cookout. With the cookout being so special, the Squids decide to make it a hot dog taste test where they are able to taste different style of hot dog cooking to figure out which is the best. At the end, it is decided that steam dogs is the clear winner. The Krakens decide to end their fun day with a movie night under the stars where they are forced to watch a movie picked out by Betzee Nickelback, and she decides the movie of choice will be Mean Girls. They watch the movie with smores over the fire and buttery popcorn and then slowly drift off to sleep where they will dream about winning the play offs.
Word Count: 232

Milestones

Word Count Total: 701

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

Since I have been given the reins to design an item to be given out to our fans for next season, one of the first things to do was brainstorm the perfect item to design. In the end, Omega settled on designing a special fan towel to give out in the next home opening game. The towel itself would be all red and would have the Falcons logo on it, the logo would be all in gold and the words Fan Appreciation Day would be put right below it. The item would also have signatures from all the Detroit Falcons players on it for the current season. The other side would have a short message thanking all fans for their continued support of the team. The giveaway itself would be part of an elaborate ceremony during the opening game of the season in which the towels would be given out, the team would get to outline their goals for the season to the fans and certain season ticket owners would get a chance to take a picture with the players as an extra gift for being a loyal season ticket member. It would be a great celebration for the team. (200 words).

Code:
3. Secret Plans

It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

Given that the Falcons's last season was not the greatest, just barely missing out on the playoffs at the end, the whole team is extremely eager to fight back and show they are a team to fear this upcoming season. To that end, the whole team came together to brainstorm some ideas as to what to do in order to achieve this objective. Everyone agreed that there were to be no limits on what should be attempted, which means some of the more nefarious ideas involved locking key players of the opposition in private rooms during a game so that the Falcons would have the advantage, or going over to the hotel which an opposing team is staying at and making a lot of noise outside of it so that the team would not have a chance to get a good night's sleep and therefore not play to their best level. These weren't immediately agreed to, but they were also not dismissed outright, and were saved for further consideration later in the season. Eventually, the team all agreed to just take it simple and just train as hard as they always have been, but also add in some of the nefarious ideas by making a mess in the visiting team's locker room before they get there so that they are forced to clean it up before getting ready, which in turn makes them lose their concentration. (236 words)

Code:
4. Funtimes

You have been designated as the team's official Fun Director! Now, everyone is looking for some sort of fun activity where you all can spend an afternoon or day to chill, hang out and build some team spirit. Especially after a long and stressful season, what are your plans to ensure everyone has a great time?

This is the opportunity that Kenny Omega has been waiting for! He's been appointed as the team's official Fun Director, which means that he'll get to choose fun team building exercises for his teammates and himself to do. Immediately, two ideas came to his mind. The very first one was introducing them to what he did before he switched to hockey and take them to a pro wrestling show! There are so many great choices nowadays when it comes to pro wrestling, but obviously, he'd prefer to show them a company where he actually worked, so he arranged for the team to be fly in to Japan for a New Japan Pro Wrestling show, should that idea be the one that they end up choosing. It would be a perfect way for them to relax, unwind, and watch a sport that taught Kenny all he knows about putting together good performances when it really matters. The second idea would be much cheaper, but just as important to Kenny as the first, and that would be getting some gaming PCs together and having a LAN party with the whole team, ideally on a fighting game like Street Fighter 6 or Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Gaming is always a great teambuilding exercise, and fighting games tend to be very competitive as well, which will help to keep that mentality in the team during the offseason while still bringing them together. In the end, Kenny decided that both ideas would be perfect, and if needed, he would be more than willing to finance the whole trip for his teammates so that they can all enjoy something close to his heart, and something he knows will bring everyone together. (285 words)

Code:
16. Goals

Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

The first season for Kenny Omega was fairly successful, but it could always be better, and that will be the main goal for him in the short term. In the long term, though, Kenny hopes to continue building his game offensively, and hopefully be known as one of the best offensive players in the league, all with the objective of leading whatever team he ends up being drafted for in the majors to a title (as well as helping his current minors team to one, as well, obviously). More personally, though, as a user, I hope to be known for being an active member of the forum and to eventually take on some jobs to contribute in any way I have time to. (123 words)

Total Word Count: 844 words = 16 TPE

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Code:
18. Milestones
Sim Wen Milestones (+3 TPE)

Code:
12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S73 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

For Simulation Hockey League draft prospect Sim Wen, there are many things that stand out immediately when watching him play. He's an immense talent at both ends of the ice, which was showcased by his usage this season by the Anchorage Armada. Officially listed as a defenseman, management loved his awareness on the ice and talent in the offensive zone enough to move him up to the wing for his rookie season, and slot back in to his natural position on the blueline with the second powerplay unit. When watching Sim play you immediately notice his smooth puck handling and ability to pick out a pass anywhere on the ice. His 43 assists brought him up to 4th on the team. Naturally as a defenseman by trade you expect Sim Wen to be a force in the defensive zone. He can read the game well , and is willing separate his man from the puck through the use of both the stick and the body. At the junior level his game sense allows him to get away with what might be less than optimal positioning which is something that may need improvement if he wants to make the jump to the big leagues anytime soon. His foot speed could also use work to be able to keep up with the improved pace of the game at the next level. While not the biggest player, he's very strong on his skates and has great balance to ward off any checks. If there is anything to be wary about with Sim Wen, it's that he may have difficulty transitioning back to a role on the blueline after spending a season at forward. Should he prove it to be a seamless transition we expect him to be a top talent for many years to come with whatever team is lucky enough to grab him.

(310 words, 6 TPE)

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

During the first home game of next season for the Anchorage Armada the team will be handing out keys to a special commemorative boat in order to fit with the naval theme of the team. A boat on a trailer will be parked outside of the arena as an example for fans. However as you may have guessed this would be very expensive and super impractical for a team that already spends a fortune on travel fees (seriously have you seen how far away Alaska is from some of these other teams?), so fans will be able to trade in this key for a miniature replica of the parked boat. Each fan will be given a choice as to which player's face they want to have on the side of their new boat and a sticker of that player's face will be quickly slapped on to keep the line moving. This replica is of course only a figurine and does not float, so make sure you don't put it anywhere near a deep body of water.

(176 words, 3 TPE)

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

I've got a few personal goals that I'd love to hit during my career with Sim Wen. I really enjoyed playing for a single team throughout my entire career with my last player so I hope to be able to do that once again. Of course things can always change in the future and this might not be possible or I might change my mind, but hunting for those team records was extremely fun and gave me something to look forward to even once I wasn't putting up the same numbers as I was earlier in my career. In particular, with Sim Wen I'd love to aim for hits and shots blocked records with a single franchise. Of course I'd like to hit 2k TPE again, and hopefully fight regression harder than I did last time. A hall of fame induction would be super cool, but I'm not expecting it at this point. Really I just hope that I keep enjoying the site like I have been and have a good time playing with old or new friends. I would also like to see if I can go higher in the draft than I did with my last player, I can't remember off the top of my head what it was but I'm aiming for early to mid first round this time.

(222 words, 4 TPE)

3 + 6 + 3 + 4 = 16
16/16

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2023, 12:19 AM by AK41. Edited 2 times in total.)

1.Fan Appreciation

Fan appreciation day is always of the utmost importance to every team around the league. This is our opportunity to give back to the people who fill the seats every night, support us on and off the ice, watch every one of our games night in and out, and most importantly, support us through the good and the bad while we give our all for their beloved team. While Maine Timber games always have giveaways, special performances between periods, events before and after the game, regardless of what we do day in an day out to show appreciation and support for our beloved diehards, we plan year round to make sure that the Fan Appreciation Game is the most special event of the season, a large THANK YOU to the people who fill our seats.

A few hours before doors open, the team sponsors a handful of fun activities in the side parking lot where the majority of the fans park and tailgate for the games. We generally will have a bounce house, face painting (Timber themed), a barbecue, and other fun games and activities to rally the morale before entering the arena that night. Often, the team will also make guest appearances to mingle with the fans, sign autographs, and talk with them to give them exclusive information (no leaks though) that help build the fan experience. 

Upon entering the stadium, the first 1,500 fans are given a ‘Timber Pack,’ which is a once annually gift box we give out on our fan appreciation night. This gift box gives every fan an exclusive fan appreciation night t-shirt (exchangeable for their respective size in the gift shop), a Main Timber pro exclusive hat, a poster of one of the players on the team, a foam axe (based around our logo with team branding), and a few stickers/magnets they can use on their car, laptop. Water bottles, wherever they desire. These gift boxes are ever important to our fans as they line up hours before the doors open in order to be one of the first 1,500 people in the door that night. While this is a large lift for our event management team to get set up for that night's game, it is a great opportunity to give back to our fans and promote our team in the community all at the same time. 

Throughout that night's game, during intermissions and stoppages in play on the ice, our event management team within the arena sets up various games, activities and giveaways to help build the energy and environment within the stadium. While throughout the entire season we always promote a fan first atmosphere, we go to the next level on fan appreciation night as this is the organization's opportunity to give back to the people who give the team so much. 

Lastly, there are always exclusive concessions and gift shop items that are ONLY available on fan appreciation night, this boosts the exclusivity of the event in hopes to drive attendance through the roof. This season, the concession stands added barbecue brisket nachos, make your own ice cream sundaes, lobster rolls (a Main exclusive), and maple blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream. These items are only available for one night each season, and there is no guarantee that they will come back for the following season's fan appreciation night; there's no telling what is in the cards year to year. As for the gift shop, there was different variations of alternate jerseys that were worn throughout the season, exclusive, T-shirts, and hats, that commemorated the fan, appreciation day, and every once in a while, a fan with trip over something that was personally autographed by a player on the team.

While all of these things may not seem like a big deal to many, this is a great deal for the fans in Maine, and they absolutely look forward to this day every single season. Tickets would sell out within minutes specifically for fan appreciation day, and it was such a hit within the community, and the team had considered adding more than one official fan appreciation game throughout the entirety of every season. 

As a means to continually grow, the front office often would put out surveys within the community to learn exactly what the fans were looking for. Whether it was a specific type of apparel, a recommendation for something that should hit the concession stand, a specific type of endgame activity, or event that should be held during intermission, or anything that could fall under the sun, the team wanted to know how they could best represent their fans. After all, it was impossible to do day in and day out what the players do on the ice, without the support and love that they fell from the community that fill their seats every night.

Code:
811 Words- 16 TPE