Create Account

S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 09:11 AM by Zerg.)

Your task: Explain why turning injuries on would be a bad idea. Or a good idea, if you feel like frightening your fellow nerds today.
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Monday, October 2nd at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies. If your player is S74, go do the J task instead.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Fighting and aggression could become useful stats. I would make every player on the team become a goon and injure the entire opposition team for a free win. We’d go 66-0-0 from entirely forfeits.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

I believe that turning on injuries, though it sounds funny, is a bad idea simply because we would just run out of players in the end. Teams would be playing with half a roster.
(34 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Injuries would be a bad idea because I'm creating a player known for blocking shots and I think that would mean he has a higher chance to get injured. Higher chance to get injured means less games to break the record. And c'mon y'all, you know you want Kristian Seppanen to be in the record books.

Injuries should absolutely be turned on. Nothing screams Update Portal like jumping off the top of the net and giving someone a flying elhow drop because they tried to mess with my goalie.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Injuries would be a great idea because people would have to retire over stuff like “tore my Achilles repairing my garage door because I’m not a handyman” or whatever and then careers wouldn’t be so long and people wouldn’t complain about that anymore. I think we should also hold a lottery to decide which player gets sacrificed to the hockey gods every season.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Turning injuries on for a sport as physically demanding as hockey would be a bad idea because it would lead to all players potentially being one injury away from never playing again, especially if teams are sent out with the sole intention of injuring other players. It would just be a bad time for everyone involved.

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

The biggest knock on injuries is that it kills player retention. Full stop. Its not an easy hurdle to get past because you may have vets on the site who don't mind rolling the dice. But the new players, say you come in and make your player only to end up an injury prone glass cannon. Probably gonna find another league that doesn't do injuries.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

The idea of injuries would make gm's jobs a living nightmare, constantly needing to temporarily replace players. On the bright side it could mean junior players could get called up temporarily and get a little stint in the shl early.

We need to think outside the box, turning on injuries could mean more spots for players which would make say 3players for each user a good number. It would suck to lose someone to injury for a while if you only had one player but you still have other guys going so it wouldn't be such a huge issue. Maybe give bonus TPE to other players when one is injured

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

If the simulator allowed for reduced performance during an injury for only a few games, I'll play devil's advocate and say that injuries could be a really interesting element in the league. The only caveat would be to ensure that these injuries would affect all players in the same way.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

The obvious case against having injuries in the league is the scenario where a player has multiple seasons lost to major injuries.  That just feels like a recipe to lose a user and we love our users here in the SHL.

I'm gonna ride the middle line and say that on one hand its bad to have injuries on as it will put undue pressure on teams and someone could just get a player that is injury prone and will not be able to really play as much. On the other hand, it allows for greater immersion and different stats to put TPE in.

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

I would personally love to see injuries on, as a sim it doesn't exclude the player from being active in the LR still. It would also add an extra element to being GM or in the juniors. Imagine being called up for a 2-3 game stint with the big team. Injuries would also incentivize those who wish to improve hitting, strength, and fighting. Finally being able to intimidate skilled players from other teams and making a contribution off the scoreboard.

82 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Turning on injuries would be an awful idea, this is because people want to see their player play, and if their player got injured, they might get really upset

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]