Create Account

Post-Draft Interview with the Solberg Twins [2x J Draft Media week]

Scene opens with Jean Prenote, an eccentric man who looks like Jean-Réné Dufort from the hit show in Quebec Infoman, sitting in his Quebec City Citadelles themed interview room alongside the two Solberg sisters, Frøya and Sonja, wearing the Quebec City Citadelles home jersey. Jean is dressed in a suit that only Don Cherry could love, and yet would still put Don to shame with his fantastic stylistic straw boater hat with Quebec City Citadelles colour ribbon. The camera focuses on Jean as he begins his introduction to the show and then cuts to have all three people in frame afterwards.

Jean
Bonjour tout le monde de la ville de Québec et bienvenue à cette édition d’Après le Repêchage avec Jean Prenote! Je suis Jean Prenote qui prend toutes les notes sur vos recrues des Citadelles de la ville du Québec. Avec moi aujourd’hui j’ai les deux premier choix du Québec cette année. Choisi au 7e rang Frøya Solberg et sa soeur choisi au 15e rang Sonja Solberg. Hello Girls. It’s very nice to meet you. I’m Jean and let’s get this question out of the way since I’m sure a lot of people are wondering about this already. How's your french?

Sonja waves to the camera for a moment before turning back to Jean and beginning to speak.

Sonja
Bonjour Quebec, Je suis Sonja… Unfortunately that’s as far as my French goes but it’s on my to-do list to learn French. It is a beautiful language after all.

Just as her sister did, Frøya waves to the camera for a moment before turning back to speak to Jean.

Frøya
Bonjour Quebec, Je suis Frøya! Yeah… that’s about all I’ve got too. French isn’t something I’ve practised a lot myself. I can say oui et non though! Definitely something I need to learn over the offseason and on.

Jean
Merveilleux! That’s still better than many of the people who join la Ligue Junior Majeur de Simulation d’Hockey! Or the uh… SMJHL in english. Anyway! I suppose I should get the most important question out of the way. How does it feel to be wearing that jersey right now?

Sonja
Absolutely fantastic. While Quebec isn’t one of the oldest franchises, it’s got a really deep history and being a part of that history is an indescribable feeling.

Frøya
I have to agree. With ups and downs of Four Star cup wins and heartbreaking finals losses, while its history is only a little bit older than we are, there have been many emotions with this franchise and I hope we can bring many more good ones to Quebec City soon.

Jean
That’s absolutely fantastique to hear! The sisters are almost promising a cup to Québec soon! Did you have a feeling you’d end up here in Québec? Let alone together?

Frøya
Yes I did actually! While I’ve had many fantastic interviews, almost none of them felt as dynamic as the one I had with Quebec. But since our interviews were separate I honestly had no idea we’d both be going to Quebec.

Sonja
It’s just like Frøya said. My interview with Quebec was great. I’m sure they could see something in me, but I had no idea they were also going to pick my sister. I’m happy we’ll be able to tear up the J together.

Jean
Et bien! Looks like we have a pair of psychics here. Well, I think I can speak for all of the fans of les Citadelles when I say that Québec is very excited to have you both here. What was going through your mind when you heard your name being called?

Frøya
I was absolutely stunned! Like I said, I definitely thought that I’d go to Quebec, but I just couldn’t bring myself to imagine my name being called and getting the chance to go up there and shake hands with the marvellous people in the Citadelles management.

Sonja
Obviously I was excited and happy to hear my name so early on in the draft. Especially as a rookie. Though I must say I was hoping to be drafted before my sister so it only means I’ve gotta work harder.

Frøya reaches over to give her twin sister a fist bump and she whispers a quick word to her. Jean seems to pay no mind to it and continues on with the interview.

Jean
So early in the draft you say? I assume that means you were content with the position you were drafted at? Did you think you’d go as high as you did in the draft?

Sonja
Truth be told, I was hoping I'd go a little bit higher… but I'm definitely not disappointed with going 15th overall. It was a nice experience nonetheless.

Frøya
Absolutely not! I didn’t think I was going in the first round let alone be a top 10 pick in the draft! I’m extremely excited and thankful that Quebec has put their faith in me and Sonja.

Jean
Beautiful! J’aime l’énergie! I like the energy and the honesty! I’m sure Sonja, and your sister can agree with me if she believes so too that you’re going to be considered a steal at 15th overall.

Frøya nods to Jean’s statement before he continues speaking.

Jean
But how about we move onto a lighter topic for now? Have you tried a poutine yet?

Frøya
We have! We actually got one immediately after we arrived in Quebec! Sonja and I decided it would be a good idea to get to know the rest of the draftees by inviting them out to try the dish of Quebec. The Denny’s near the arena seemed like the perfect place. I quite enjoyed it, but it was pretty heavy.

Sonja
Poutine is a must try when you come to Canada, especially if you’re in Quebec so it was only natural we’re going to try it. I also enjoyed it.

Jean
Well there you have it folks of Québec! The Solberg twins have already tried our lovely famous poutine and enjoyed it! Mentioning Denny’s though is actually the perfect segway into this next question.

Jean pulls out a few pieces of paper that seem like they’ve been damaged by liquid, food stains and were most definitely crumpled up beforehand.

Jean
According to this scouting document we managed to find in a Denny’s trash bin, it seems Québec had their sights on you both from the very get go. Mentions how both of you are incredible passers and have fantastic offensive talents. Though it also mentions that the two of you happen to struggle a lot on the defensive side of things as the scouting report quotes “The defence needs major work, but that’s what training camp is for. Maybe they just don’t teach defence in Norway?” Any comments on this statement?

Sonja
Who needs defence when you can outscore your opponent, am I right? No but jokes aside, we’re obviously gonna work on those attributes of our game as well if the coach so desires.

Frøya
Have you seen the score lines of the U18 Norway Youth? 5 goals a side isn’t entirely uncommon there, but as my sister said, we both plan on working on that part of our game as soon as possible.

Jean
C’est parfait ça! Being humble about some weaknesses in your game and knowing that they need to be fixed is a sign of a great future player. Though surely there must have been something that Québec City saw in you both for them to draft you this high. What would you describe as your biggest strengths that other teams should watch out for?

Frøya
Well, people have alw-

Sonja
As if we’re going to answer that! Let them figure it out on the ice. We’re not giving them any advantage.

Jean
Et bon! It looks like Sonja’s got some fighting words for the other teams of SMJHL! You heard it here first folks, if you want to see what the Solberg sisters can do, you’ll have to see it on the ice yourself. Ou vous pouvez simplement faire une recherche sur YouTube. Alors, next question! I’m reading in this scouting report that both of you were compared to big name SHL players by whoever wrote and abandoned these at Denny’s. Frøya, you were compared to former Québec City Citadelles captains Sophie Bordeleau the all-time points leader for QCC as well as Jack St. Clair who holds the playoff points record with Québec. How do you feel about this?

Frøya, visibly flustered
W-Wh they did? I think that’s probably some sort of exaggeration… sure I can put the puck in the net, but that’s only really because of Sonja’s amazing set ups. I’m really honoured though that the scouting report seems to think I could even get close to the calibre of those players.

Jean
Seems like someone is humble beyond humble hein? Anyway, Sonja the scouting reports here mention a few players by name, notably San Francisco Pride player Viktor Hargreeves, fantastic playmaking scorer as well as Edmonton Blizzard player Luke Laraque and Manhattan Rage player Aksel Fiskel, all known for their ability to make things happen. Any comments on those remarks?

Sonja, confidently
I’m very happy to be compared to fantastic current SHL players and former Quebec City players. Though, I hope one day I prove myself and have someone’s scouting report say that they’re compared to me.

Jean
Mon dieu! Quelle confiance! What confidence! Well, I can’t say I’m not excited to see how well you perform. Just a few more questions for you both, we’re almost done. So, I’ve heard you’ve already chosen your numbers for this season as 57 and 75 correct? Is there a reason behind the choice of those numbers?

Sonja
It’s essentially a reference to our birth date. May is the 5th month of the year and we were born on the 7th so that’s how I got to 57.

Frøya
Meanwhile, I very much simply just flipped the numbers around so we could technically share the number in a way. You know… sister thing!

Jean
That is indeed a very simple but very valid way to choose numbers. And now, finalement la dernière question, finally the last question. Is there anyone you’d like to give a shoutout to?

Frøya:
I’m sure Sonja shares this sentiment with me, but there’s no one more deserving of a shoutout than our parents. We didn’t grow up in a very well off family and hockey gear is extremely expensive. Having to raise us both while paying for our gear is something that means a lot to us. We didn’t realise at the time, but having matured a little… takk mamma, takk pappa, jeg elsker dere begge.

Frøya does a heart shape with her hands in front of the camera which Sonja acknowledges and nods before she begins to speak her answer.

Sonja
I couldn’t agree more, takk mamma, takk pappa… I’d also say our youth coaches played a huge role in getting us to where we are now. So they too certainly deserve a shoutout for training us to reach our current potential and also helping with some of the financial stress hockey has put on our family. The other people who deserve a shoutout though are you all, the fans out there waiting for us to show what we can do. You better watch me! Watch us! We’ll do our best to make you all proud!

Frøya
Oh yes! Thank you very much, fans of Quebec!

Jean
A very well stated shoutout to your parents, coaches and a bold statement to the fans! Très magnifique! Once again, I love both your energy! It was a fantastic pleasure to speak to you both and I hope we’ll get the chance to have an interview like this with the two of you again sometime soon!

Frøya
Gladly! Thank you very much! Bye everyone!

Frøya waves at the camera and then so does Sonja

Sonja
Bye everyone! Hope to see you at our games!

Camera once again focuses on Jean

Jean
Et voila! Les deux nouvelles recrue des Citadelles de la ville de Québec, Frøya et Sonja Solberg! Merci beaucoup d’avoir écouté cette édition d’Après le Repêchage avec moi, Jean Prenote! J’espere de vous voir la prochaine fois avec une autre recrue du Québec, choix de 4e ronde au 47e rang Céleste Desjardins au plaisir de vous revoir!

Screen fades to black.

(Hello hello again! It's me Naomi with another media article! Once again, this little tidbit is to thank you very much for reading! I hope you all enjoyed and it's also to let the graders know that once again @Tsunny helped me a lot with this and thusly should get half of the pay of the graded article! Thank you all once again! I hope you all enjoyed the sister's interview along with the lovely character of Jean Prenote who I may elaborate on in the future!)

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

S T E A L

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Another great article proving why you two were the first 2 picks for QCC! Go QCC!

This is the last time I write my scouting reports at Denny's...

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Any article with Jean-René Dufort is a masterpiece.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

09-26-2023, 11:14 PMMikeLiut Wrote: Any article with Jean-René Dufort is a masterpiece.

Well, there's good news then, I plan on making more with Jean Prenote so you'll see more of a Jean-René Dufort look-alike!

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]