Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

For a player, all you can ask for your goalie is to make saves and try his best. Sometimes the forwards will give up a bad pass and the puck goes down the ice. Other times defensemen will blow a tire and it'll be a breakaway. All that matters is they try and make an effort to save. It sucks getting beat, but when you sit there and make it look like you didn't even try, it can be frustrating. Especially on shots where the goalie has a clean look, and just get beat clean. Make it look like you made an effort, instead of just freezing there as the puck zips by your head. Like jesus fuck Frank, it couldn't kill you to try at least once in the fucking game. No, the forwards and defense have to bail your ass out every fucking period because you can't be fucked to raise your hand more than 3 inches. Fuck.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Our goaltending in anchorage has been great, but to be honest, I'm thinking with some minor adjustments we could be top of the league.

I first will instruct my goaltender to change all of their gear to the default, all blank white pad wraps. This may fool shooters into shooting at pads rather than the white mesh.

I will then instruct all goaltenders to play three fourths of the way out, cutting off the angle shallowly in the blue paint. we have a lot of big defenders and can stop the men on the outside, so the goaltender would only need to worry about stopping the initial shot. The right side defender will work on clearing the puck while the left side defender will obstruct the pathway of the offending team.

I will also instruct all goaltenders of the organization to rely less on playing the puck and more on fundamentals. The system that I am recommending requires the goaltender to stay in the blue paint (moneyball style statistic manipulation)

PBE Affiliate

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

Graphic option [Image: Fleur_de_lys_du_quebec.svg_1.png?ex=6548...height=758]

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Oh wow what could I possibly think of my goal we to do to make my job easier as a defensement there are just so many things that ago we does on the ice they are notorious versatile position that totally does a ton other than one thing this is a great question because there’s so many other things that could be doing. Let’s think of all the other things that go we could be doing well. I guess they could pass the puck maybe? I don’t really know how that would work or really I just wish they would make saves because making saves makes my job easier as a defenseman that means I don’t have to run around as much and I can just get the fuck out from them when they make a save and then we can go down the ice and hopefully score maybe they could like lay the body and do some body checking hit some guys run out and just try to fight people I don’t know making saves is pretty cool though.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Option 1:

The kids that we spent grueling hours teaching the basics and the ins and outs of the game, well, they did pretty bad. it is hard for anyone to become strong players quickly, and even harder to become a good team really. They learned a lot of really important lessons. The one we tried to bring as the most important was to just have fun and enjoy getting better, throughout the games we ended up playing better, but still not good enough to win any. We will continue working on that, but as long as the kids are still having fun with the game and coming together as a team and putting in the practice they need to improve, I am sure it will only get more and more enjoyable and at the end, successful as well. They just need to get over the hump still of the rough start coming together and they should be a good team. We will continue working on team concepts and individual skills, but it might take little bit longer.

John Brown is a big defenseman, he's all about that defense and doing whatever he can do to make his goalie's life easier. That's his big goal usually, ironic that it isn't more goals. But hey he does what he can and that usually means blocking shots. John Brown gets in the way of his opponents frequently and forces them to take bad shots so his goalie has easier shots to stop. This way he can use his body and dedication to the team to make sure that things go well. It's a fun time for him and something he honestly enjoys, being physical and using the body is an underrated thing to do in John Brown's opinion, especially for hockey. He recommends that every one of his teammates be willing to use their body and block shots. This way they can truly work as a team and be willing to sacrifice for each other, promoting the overall wellness and dedication of the team

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Written task option 2: Mats Marner believes the goalie's primary responsibilities should include excellent communication, positional awareness, and the ability to handle the puck effectively. First and foremost, effective communication is crucial. A goalie should constantly provide updates on the play, opponent positions, and incoming threats. This information helps me make informed decisions on offense and defense, making my role on the ice more manageable. Positional awareness is another vital aspect. A goalie should consistently maintain a strong presence in the crease, cutting down angles, and tracking the puck well. By doing so, they reduce the likelihood of rebounds and make it easier for me to defend the area around the net. This positional solidity enhances our overall defensive structure. Lastly, the goalie's puck-handling skills are instrumental. A goalie who can efficiently play the puck can start offensive transitions quickly, relieving pressure on the defense and enabling smoother breakouts. This facilitates my role by ensuring smoother, more controlled offensive plays and reducing the time I spend defending.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

option 2 written

Now you know sim wen is a big fan of playing with the puck as a defenseman because he likes making those sick breakout passes or stretch passes or just passing the puck because he's a fiend for points. He doesn't even mind playing defense either but you know if there was one thing that would make his life so much easier it would be if he could get his goalie to play the puck more kind of like a sweeper keeper in soccer aka football right @goldenglutes? Then he wouldn't have to backcheck as much and his goalie could play the puck and also enjoy getting in on the art of passing the puck just like sim wen. This might make life harder for the goalie because their big pads and stuff don't let them skate as well but how exciting would it be to watch your goalie rush the puck on a dump in and just fire it back down the ice for a chance that would be really cool.

172 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

The kids from my camp come to Vancouver to play friendlies against the local kids there, It does not go well for them. The kids from Vancouver are classic Canadian hockey players, they have been playing hockey since they were born and all of their parent played professional hockey, most of them in the NHL. they have been getting the best hockey training from the same skills coaches as the best hockey players in the world. It turns out that Thomas Liebold is not nearly as good of a coach as the Vancouver kid's coaches. the difference in coaches as well as the fact that the Vancouver kids have been playing much longer than the kids from my camp means that the game will not be close. the kids from camp will learn valuable lessons, one of the main lessons they will learn is that if they want to play hockey at high levels the will have to work hard to get better.

The thing that we would do for @Matteo is just lie in front of the net. If it was possible we would just all crowd in front of him, giving him a big group team hug and also blocking the entirety of the net. It'd have to be planned out in a way that would ensure that would could cover every space and not allow a puck through our defensive hugging. Somebody would have to cover the low ground, probably keep it as Mat. Then we would all just pile on top in a pillar that doesn't move. I think most likely is that we wouldn't be able to cover the entire net but we would do a pretty good job of covering everything. I imagine the Michigan could maybe get through if they were accurate enough with it so it's a shame that the game has evolved to stop the hug strategy already.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

PBE PT

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Code:
OPTION 2 - Goalie Goals

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!

All DuBølk wants his goalie, Tibuk Soonika, to do is continue to be perfect the way he is right now. DuBølk finds Soonika to be the perfect specimen; perfectly toned, perfectly conditioned, and perfectly agile. If he and Soonika were in a log cabin, nothing would happen, but there would be a simmering romantic tension (in DuBølk's mind, at least). As the current goalie, he is still growing with the team. Even then, he is still hitting those blocks every time, without missing a beat. Pucks fly back to defenders with ease, and in turn makes those transactions much easier. If there was one thing that could be improved on, its that he could be more analyzable by their own defenders, but in turn it makes analysis by opposing players and coaches much harder, which is a great skill. DuBølk values him highly, and rightfully so. He also feels the same about their backup, Sjøforsvaret.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]