Create Account

S74 Pro/Am Graphics Tournament - Announcements & Sign-Ups

[Image: knNCXO0.png]

Highly anticipated and finally back after a looong break: the Pro/Am Tournament is here for the 5th time!
This season's topic - Team Rivalry!

If you're a newer member here or don't remember the previous tournaments, here is an explanation:

Quote:This tournament will combine the skills of amateur and professional graphics submitters. We give you a task and match two users of different skill levels randomly to form a team. One user starts the submission, the other one finishes it. You don't know who your partner will be until the first party, the amateur, has submitted their part of the work. We'll even give out free card packs this time. Interested? Keep reading.

Check FAQs at the bottom of this post.

Want to stop reading and sign-up right now? Here is the link

TL;DR:
Step 1: Sign up as amateur or professional: Google form 
Step 2: Post your verification word in this thread.
Step 3: Wait for sign-ups to close and the tournament's official start. There will be another post where all amateurs are tagged. See here how it went in a previous tournament.

Sign-ups will be open until Sunday, November 12th (midnight EST).

The theme: Team Rivalry

The task
Design a wallpaper-sized image with two different player renders. Turn it into a "team rivalry" design. Either two SHL or two SMJHL teams should be recognizable as rivals, don't mix leagues. You can either use logos or text.

>> Amateur's task: cut out two player renders of your choice and save them as separate images. Remove the background of the original image so only the players are visible. You can save it with a white or transparent background. Select a background image for the wallpaper that will work for the "rivalry" theme, make sure it is large enough (ideally larger than 1920x1080px). Create your own or use google images. You will need to submit three separate files for this task. Please also add a short written text that mentions the two teams you picked for this submission. This will be forwarded to your "pro" partner later.

>> Professional's task: Take the three images (two renders, a background image) and combine everything into a wallpaper. Jersey swaps are mandatory, so don't forget them. All three original graphics that you received should be clearly visible in the final submission, but you are allowed to make your own edits to bring everything together.

Need logo resources? Go here.

Creation process

Step 1: After sign-ups have closed, the amateur will start with their part of the work:
two renders (and size, the pro can resize them if needed) and a third image that can be used as a wallpaper background. Additionally a message that includes the two teams and any additional information for the pro to work with.
Step 2: The amateur will privately share their files and the message with @Keven. The files must be a JPG or a PNG. No PSD files from the amateurs! You may not share your submission with the public.
Step 3: Each professional will be randomly matched with an amateur and receives the files/info message from us to work with.
Step 4: The professional combines the three graphics into one and creates a wallpaper. Size must be a standard 1920x1080px wallpaper size (you may submit an additional mobile version or a larger 2560x1440px version too).
Step 5: The professionals submit their team’s rivalry wallpaper (again, share it with @Keven). You may not share your submission with the public.
Step 6: Voting commences.

Tournament / Voting

A bracket-style tournament will be voted upon by your peers and the graphic graders. Voting will happen via google forms plus a verification word on the forums. More details will follow.

Check out some out of the old forum posts how voting went if you're new and haven't seen them back then. S53 bracket, S57 voting, S61 voting, S63 voting.

Prizes

The winning team will split $15,000,000 SHL dollars (Pro: $7,500,000, Am: $7,500,000).
The second place team will split $10,000,000 SHL dollars (Pro: $5,000,000, Am: $5,000,000).
The third place team will split $5,000,000 SHL dollars (Pro: $2,500,000, Am: $2,500,000).

You will also get 3 free SHL trading card packs simply for participating!

Submissions that do not win prize money are eligible to be submitted for grading and will receive 2x pay (must be marked in the post). If the pay is to be split (amongst professional and amateur) please note that in writing in the post. 2x pay cannot be combined with any other 2x bonus events such as first submission or double draft week.

Want to sign-up? Here is the link

FAQ

Am I an amateur or a professional?

In earlier contests we made the cut in how much money you have previously earned with graded graphics or how high your maximum grades have been. In this contest you should decide yourself where to place yourself based on the tasks. Typically we get more amateurs than professionals, keep that in mind. We might have to move people into a different level if there aren't enough sign-ups to create teams of two, but we would inform you about that.

How can I upload my submission?

There are many popular image hosting services on the internet. Imgur.com is a popular one. You can also message @Keven ("_keven") on discord, and upload your image to the DM.

Can I contact my partner once the teams have been announced?

Yes, but you don't have to. The "amateur" is asked to give a short message to the "pro" so they know which two teams are supposed to be on the wallpaper. The pro can later message their "amateur" if they have any questions.

I have to drop out of the contest, because I don't have enough time to finish my task. What should I do?

Please inform us as soon as possible and don't wait until the deadline is over. That way we can try to find a replacement for you. If you drop out you won't get free card packs though.

I would like to participate, but I don't have Photoshop. What can I do?

You could use free software like Photopea or GIMP.

If you have any further questions or need help, don’t hesitate to reach out to @Keven here on the forum or on discord ("_keven") and join us in the graphics discord if you haven't done so yet.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

wiggles

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Fresh

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

turtlebabies

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

pyrotechnics

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

Heckyeah

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

SORRYFUTURETEAMMATE

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

yeayeayea

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

help

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

waffle

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

akou

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

whoops

here4carpy

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

iamnotapro

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

word

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]