Create Account

The Big Slappy Hour #202! (They just keep coming)

We are back again with more SHL knowledge and other stupid things.

This is The Big Slappy Hour #202!

Big Slappy Hour #202

Special thanks to @Wasty, @UptownCord, @enigmatic and @PapaSorin for their amazing and well thought out contributions to this episode

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

COWBOYS?!? BOOOOOOOOOO!!!
#FlyEaglesFly

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2023, 09:57 PM by Slappydoodle. Edited 1 time in total.)

11-26-2023, 09:45 PMPapaSorin Wrote: COWBOYS?!? BOOOOOOOOOO!!!
#FlyEaglesFly

I take back any and all the nice things I said about you in this episode. If only Josh Allen didn't suck quite so much today

(But also, thanks for the contribution)

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Another great pod!!! I'd love to make another appearance on the hour soon!

Porterhouse is the cut of steak you were saying slappy, Filet on one side of the bone and NY strip on the other, I like Porterhouses cause of the large filet side (thats what constitutes the difference between a T-bone and Porterhouse is the size of the filet side) but I love a bone-in ribeye. about 2inch thick, thick sea salt and cracked black pepper (no ground) with kosher salt on the thick fat side of the steak. Seasoned 3 hours before and then set the oven for 235 and put the steak in for 22 minutes, once done take it out and let it rest for 6 minutes and then drizzle olive oil over it. With a 500 degree or hotter cast iron on the stovetop I sear and crust the steak each large side minute and half for that crispy crust, then side sear for 30 seconds each, then take off and let rest again for 4 minutes. melt a FAT slice of butter with garlic cloves in that cast iron pan and put the steak in there, baste both sides of the steak for a minute each, off the pan and then rest for 10 minutes, slice and eat. Paired with steamed rice (cause you can't take the asian out of me) and roasted and seasoned yukon gold potatoes with buttered corn on the side.

Great comments about the tracks and VERY happy to hear Bonk loved Caravan Palace so much! I love them they have been a favorite of mine for years now! This new track is definitely exciting me for their new album and I hope they keep that vibe throughout the LP! Fun fact City Boy is actually from 1974-1982 and from Birmingham, UK! They're actually one of my dads favorites bands and I never gave them a chance until recently cause they popped up on my youtube algo and I was like this is what i've been missing? Its kind of funny to me cause in the song "The day the earth caught fire" has a synth line that sounds eerily like the animated X-Men series theme song iconic synth line.

I might.... start back a new podcast/video series maybe but my youtube channel is still very much a huge chunk of my time, I'm just happy to recreate and give this player a true shot at the league, Might just be happy enough to guest star on the hour next time haha

Thanks again for the kind words as well, Happy tokes!!!

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Oh, and yes, I am HO. As a rookie I was chosen to be Latvia Co-fed, I sucked so I resigned then applied for IIHF HO. I check lines daily for the tourney. Just finished my 2nd term but will be retained indefinitely until people actually apply. I'll basically be IIHF HO office furniture if we don't get any applicants.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

11-27-2023, 05:02 AMWasty Wrote: ! Fun fact City Boy is actually from 1974-1982 and from Birmingham, UK! They're actually one of my dads favorites bands

This makes perfect sense. We both thought they were a contemporary band copying an older style of music and video. Hilarious to find out they're the real deal from our childhoods

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

WASTY ON THE PODCAST??? and even though I know people meme you Sorin, I'm sure ya added some energy to the podcast! will def listen soon

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig![Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=661b6612&is=6608f11...0f071bc3c&]