Create Account

S74 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview

The SMJHL season is about to start, after we all got a taste of juniors hockey with preseason. In the 7-game span of preseason, teams got a pretty good look into what to expect, and also who the key contributors are likely to be. How is your team looking ahead of this season, and who are gonna be the main pieces of your squads?
Written option: Talk about how your team is looking ahead of the coming season. Include at least 3 players who will be key to the success of the team, plus an explanation why they will be crucial. Must include 150 words.
Graphic option: Create a magazine cover style graphic with a headline for the team, plus a render for a key player on your team's squad. Make sure to identify which player the render is supposed to be in the graphic.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not both.)
Only S74 SMJHL Rookies (S75 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL, or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Monday, December 11th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Carolina is looking good to start the season, and will hopefully carry that momentum down the line! With some major points being scored in the opening games one should expect a glass cannon sort of performance out of the Kraken, relying on strong offense and strong goaltending as their defense core grows into a serviceable group.

Westley Kirkpatrick has gotten off to a blazing hot start and will be huge in securing the back end, and also setting up goals all season. They open the season with a ton of offense, but will need to help ease the goaltenders strain a bit as the season progresses.

Speaking of which, Denebor Milasch has had their work cut out for them in the opening sim, and will likely have to bear a significant load, particularly at the front end of this season. Hopefully their development thus far will have been enough, as they have plateaued here and will need to mature before taking that final step towards SMJHL dominance.

Finally, the team will need Betzee Nickelback to lead this team out of the gate. Having the center core that Carolina does, they will need to lead the charge head on, and take the puck to the net, causing as much of a ruckus as they can along the way.

Quebec City came out of the preseason a little shaky and maybe some of us were still thinking it was summer and preseason isn't really worth the effort. The entire team really turned things around and went into overdrive as the regular season started however, and it's a great sight to see. Undefeated in their first four games of the season, the Citadelles are looking to be a top team this season that is only going to be stronger as time goes on as they added top tier players at the last draft. This team is excellent down the middle with J. Hunziker, F. Solberg and R. O'Beirne and probably count as the best top 9 centers for any SMJHL team. All three of them have the added task to play on the PP and PK and they absolutely dominate. The PP currently sits at 28.6% which marks them for the 5th spot in the league but don't take Hunziker and F. Solberg for granted, they're only getting started. As for the PK units, the Citadelles are currently first in the league with a 92.9% penalty kill which is insane. This is all thanks to these three players that bring it their all every night and hopefully the younger players take notes to stay at the top of the league.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

The Nevada Battleborn are looking really good heading into the season. Our main pieces of the squad are most likely going to be Aksel VINSen for one because he had 13 points and 7 goals in 7 pre season games. Hopefully he will be one of our cornerstones of our offense this season. Next is Literally Wizard as he had the second most points of the battleborn during pre season leading our defense both ways on the ice. Last but not least my competition at goalie. Just perfection is going to be our starting goalie for this upcoming season so aslong as he keeps playing how he has been in pre season i think we will be okay to challenge for the cup of the SMJHL. Our team is really teamwork oriented so hopefully we can all continue to blend as a unit and score goals and win games this season.

After losing in six games in the season seventy three SMJHL playoff semi-finals to Newfoundland, the Malamutes are ready to take another step forward in their development. The team now has two first round draft picks going into their sophomore seasons in the SMJHL in Squidwardo Tentacles and Langston Hardison-Laurent who are expected to take on a more significant role this season. Yukon also added three forwards, one defenseman and one goalie from in the season seventy four draft with Slava-Ukraini Heroyam-Slava, Elly Snow-Leopard, Wellerman Rocket Deke and Ólafur Gunnleifsson. All in all, I expect this to be one of the best seasons in a while for the Yukon Malamutes where I expect them to be competing for a title (even though I may be a bit biased). I would not let the first sim of the season which was a bit disappointing having two losses and one overtime loss be any indication of how the team will fair this season and is more just a one off slow start.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

The fate of the Anchorage Armada will to a large degree rely on the performance of its top returning players, but a strong crop of rookies could make some noise in depth roles and elevate the roster to contention. Chief among these veterans is Joseph Reed, who has followed up an 89 point campaign with 6 points in 3 games to start the season. Linemate Deep Thought has similarly started hot with 7 points in the opening week to lead the team. The goaltending tandem of Stun Gun and Meo Vanbiesbrouck have enough experience between them to weather most storms, but if one or both can get hot at the right time, it will make Anchorage a tough out come playoff time. Rookie defender Carter Crutchfield has hit the ground running with 5 points already, whereas #6 overall pick Jesus Murphy has had a tepid introduction to the league with just two assists. Should Murphy and fellow rookie forward Muon Collider start to take off, it will give the Armada the level of depth they need come playoff time, assuming they don't lose ground to upstart walk-ons ANCBOT1 or ANCBOT2.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

[Image: BX1whvf.png]

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

After a 4-0 start, QCC seems to be on exactly the right track as one of the most dominate teams in the league. Of course every player on the ice is crucial but there are certainly some we need to keep an eye on.

Song Ju-Gong is the first that comes to mind, with net man gone, the goalie slot needed to be filled and Song was given this opportunity, they have not disappointed at all. Song will be a massive key to success for Quebec.

I think it would simply not be a complete list without Jeff Hunziker, arguably the best player in the league, Jeff is the leader of his squad, his innate scoring ability and high intelligence netted him 103 points last season and with 11 points in the first 4 games, Jeff looks to be in prime position to pass that century mark once again and lead the QCC squad in scoring.

But a goalie can only save so much, and that's where the defense comes in, truthfully anybody on the QCC defense could make this list, they are all phenomenal, they are the glue that holds the entire thing together, but I'm going to go the Jagrbomb. The human hit stick is one of the best defenders in the league and with a very nice 13 hits in 4 games, his physicality adds a certain depth to the team, a lot others just don't have.

[Image: kcP9WEd.png]

[Image: SFLJy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2023, 02:24 AM by Amidships.)

[Image: Timber_Talk_S74I1.png?ex=658136b6&is=656...7706ea141&]

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

Last season QCC was among the top 3 most lethal teams in SMJHL at putting the puck in the net, and with all starters returning and improving, great things can be expected from this group. Going into this next season, the biggest improvements will likely need to come from the defensive side of things. Season 73 had them parked mid table on the goals-allowed column, solid but with plenty of room for improvement. Fortunately, this season’s backline seems poised to make big leaps forward and aims to improve across every line. Jaromir Jagrbomb returns as an absolute rock and one of the best players on the roster in general. Notably, Leo Roze, Juan Tymer, and Abdi Smokes all look to show off their growth and improvement for their sophomore season in the SMJHL. This trio has shown tremendous potential and will be a key defensive core for seasons to come in Quebec. Doubling down on a new defensive focus, three new rookie defensemen have joined the ranks, and early signs show incredible promise from this up-and-coming group as well. With a good defensive showing in the new campaign, QCC could be a troublesome opponent for any outfit in the league.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2023, 07:46 AM by Wasty. Edited 2 times in total.)

[Image: h1Wjvsf.jpg?2]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

DorkDipplet -> DirkDigglet PBE affiliate

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

Going into this season, the Malamutes have 3 primary players who have maxed tpe/stat builds, and will really lead the team into this season. Those players are: Florian Söderberg-Motyla, Bobby Tkachuky, and Kristian Seppanen. they are primarily in the center of the field and right defense. These players have the largest experience and the most games under their belts and will hold the team together. 

My player Elly is already off to a great start on the left side of the ice too however! Already with 3 assists in 3 games, she is proving to be quite the effective setup kitty, and is currently boasting a high luck percentage. But I know luck won't hold forever, and with the help of my team and friends we are building each other to be a good team overall. 

Right now we are all a little shaky after the first 3 games, but we don't lose faith in our team. our biggests strengths going forward is learning off of each other. Florian, Bobby, and Kristian (or their creators rather), offer a lot of guidance and a place we can look as the season continues. 

oh and the last and most important route to success is of course one very crucial detail. ELLY'S TOE BEANS. Those cannot be overlooked at any cost. Just one poke and the team will be filled with joy and determination. <3

ISFL PT