Create Account

S74 PT#1: Poindexter Painpoints

ISFL

PBE Affiliate

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Yes, I accept the money to do the thing with the tracking my advanced analytics. Because I think that it would help a lot for me and it would be helping the site to get some real tracking on a real player who can like you know how to help them out where they’re not just speculating with like extrapolating from maybe amateur players and they can fully like login and be like oh this is what a pro player really looks like we don’t have to gas and then maybe they can use me like qualify other players are doing like comparing my date against other players to give them a better idea of why I’m better or why I’m doing what I’m doing or whatever it could be really useful I guess and you know I think that I would do it for sure and honestly, I probably wouldn’t even charge them any money because they’re like a community system and there’s no reason that I would make them pay money just to get my data. well it would be so helpful for them.

[Image: rotti.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

ISFL Affiliate
Username: Jumbo

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 12:39 AM by hannahg32. Edited 1 time in total.)

pbe pt

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]

option 2

I Sim Wen rookie standout defenseman for the Atlanta Inferno refuse to wear this tracking device because i'm an extremely suspicious and superstitious person. I gotta wear the same thing every game right down to my dress socks as I head to the arena otherwise the whole gameday routine is thrown off and adding something new like a tracking device will just mess me up and make me play worse and really they wouldn't want that data if it's bad data so they should just go and choose someone else to wear it. Plus who knows how big something like that would be. Sim Wen already has enough trouble lugging a big package around just like binko koivu @goldenglutes and @efiug so why would he add another one that could potentially harm his game. A big no thank you to that despite the respect that Sim Wen has for fan data sites.

152 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Prompt 2:

I would accept because personally I am a nerd for the analytical stuff. I also would love to help make the fan experience better as long as it does not make my play worse. I would be excited to help out with a project like that. i would also be interested if the stats would also help myself improve in the process. I really like looking into my own stats even the more unique and advanced obscure stats that people may not care about. If a stat is being overlooked I like looking at it and seeing if I can get an advantage out of it . I would try to do as much as possible in order to get what was needed for the fans. I may also promote it personally if it was something that really interested me when I looked at it. I would only do that thought if I really did enjoy the product. I would accept it without thinking for better or worse.

[Image: dc24.png]

PBE Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

We have a very strong group of players this year. I really am hoping to make a deep playoff run this year. Hopefully, we can win the cup as well this year.

Accepting the offer to wear monitoring equipment for the season involves various considerations beyond immediate financial gain. While the equipment won't impair performance, its impact on privacy, distraction, and potential long-term consequences is pivotal. Firstly, the analytics site's request must align with league regulations and personal ethics. If the equipment adheres to guidelines and doesn't compromise gameplay, the offer merits serious thought. Financial compensation, though not substantial, acknowledges the effort. However, the decision weighs heavily on the implications beyond personal gain. Enhanced statistics benefit fans and analysts but may affect privacy. Monitoring devices could track off-field activities, potentially infringing upon personal life. Moreover, the distraction of wearing such equipment might impact focus or comfort during games. Considering these factors, I'd cautiously evaluate the offer. If it aligns with league rules, minimizes privacy concerns, and doesn't disrupt performance, accepting the offer might contribute positively to fan engagement and the sport's analytics landscape. Yet, weighing potential drawbacks is crucial before making a final decision.

hell yea i accept. Love me some research, and even if in the end I do not agree with that the research is inferring or concluding, or whatever reaches they are trying to make with the data they have, more research is almost always better than less. Depending on how broke this fan site was, maybe I would even refuse to accept their payment? But if they have any inkling of being able to afford it, I would take them for all they got as I am broke myself right now. I am playing pretty well on Montreal currently, third on the team in points, so I think now is a good season for me to test out whatever they want and gather as much research as I can. Honestly, a third of the way through the season and we have not won a single game yet, so they might as well have the whole team wear them just for more data points.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

If I had to write a blog post about my own player being underrated, it would feel like a confusing task but this is what I would go with:

Rasmus Bergling is one of the most underrated players in the entire league. He is always doing stuff on the ice that isn't measured or appreciated properly by those around him. For example, nobody makes passes to the other team's tape better than he does. The sound as he snaps that puck from his twig straight to theirs is just a different kind of crisp, but no one talks about the sound - only the end result. Another way in which he is underrated is that he makes a mean pre-game snack. Everyone's in the dressing room and he's hammering back a PB&J. The bonus is that Tummy Hurts is allergic (to the jam, not the peanuts) so he has to leave the room so everyone can talk about him behind his back. It's truly a win win situation.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Option 1:
is Leo Roze the most underrated player in the J? After getting drafted 61st in the J draft and falling to the second round in the SHL draft, this 6’6 Latvian defenseman has been taken late both times. So far on pace to potentially set the Quebec City Citadelles block record, and second in plus/minus for the season so far, I definitely think he might be one of the most underrated players in the league. A big point to that was QCC’s 8-1 loss recently, where he played over 20 minutes and still came out with a +1 rating, and 4 blocked shots. There’s definitely a point to be made that Roze is shutting down his opponents, being a stable on QCC’s very strong penalty kill. One of the reasons he might be underrated is he doesn’t really put up points, only having one assist on the season so far. While I think he can do better on his scoring, the defensive skill he brings is not matched by many in the J currently

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]