Create Account

Random Ramblings lucky number 9!

This is my 9rd weekly random ramblings around the Jr league and SHL.  Please feel free to PM me if you have anything to contribute or add.

Starting off with anything replied from last time, about 2ish weeks ago. Feel free to catch up right about....here

--While the head office has successfully defeated all the mice, they are now forced to figure out what to do with all these dead mice. Some ideas included dumping the mice into fields and furnaces, or grass and burn it. Others include filling sacs and throwing them in the local waterways, a la some crappy mice tea. The winning suggestion appears to be just give the bundles to the last place teams this season. We will follow up next week if that ends up being the solution.

-- Detroit and @swoosh won the cup for the Jr league, and they have decided this season to go for the repeat. In order to keep the gravy train a flowin.... all the Falcons will be wearing Trader Joe's Turkey Gravy as deodorant for the entire season. Amazon is currently selling the gravy 2 pack for 14.49, down from the highest ever price of almost 25 bucks during the run. Details can be found here (also this site is pretty good at checking prices for Amazon stuff, not a real promo just thought I'd share)

--The Raptors have to wear clothing now at all pre-game activities, as per a memo leaked to us from the Jr head office. They have also been fined 14.49 per player, which is oddly gravy priced....

-- The poll results ended up being tied, 6 v 6. If I had the power, I'd give 50 TPE to @By-Tor , @ec06aaj , @Fluw , @jaypc8237 ,  @oknom , and @PapaSorin . However, they won't give me that kind of power, so instead feel free to enjoy the fact that you selected correctly.

-- The Montreal Patriotes have to set up a dedicated k pop channel immediatly in order to fulfill the requirements made by @Kalakar . !Aegyo to you Demir Bellone, !Aegyo to you.

--Our favorite person we are legally not allowed to call by name, @kahri reported that the party went off without any issues. The Toilet was clogged by @JamesT but luckily @Bayley and @hockeyiscool were able to tag team the plunger duty and clear the clog before james got his shit blocking upto 18.

--It is also reported that Pretzel Nuggets at the draft party were cold. Way to disappoint @Acsolap and @KaleSalad. And no one told you to bring Kale Salad....

New Ramblings:

-Rumor has it some of the many future all stars from the S74 draft class have started the bid process of forming the Kansas City Lobsters. This coming from an article posted by @Jexter about how Team Lobster could (and will) beat the Montreal Patriotes . You can read about the game here. We tried to reach out to @CampinKiller and @Benpachi for comment, but there phones were disconnected.

-The Head offices for the IIHF are working on ways to block Ramblings author and Star of the films The Boatjacking of Supership 79 and Hydro: the Man With the Hydraulic Arms, Troy Mcclure from becoming the head of Ireland and Independant Russia and then absorbing them "In a Kirby like fashion" into Czechia. No rule says Troy can't do it, so we will follow this story closely. If you want to stop Troy from taking over these federations, consider applying here for Russia, here for Ireland, or if you are feeling really spicy, here to try and control me.

[Image: Original_PacMan.svg][Image: Original_PacMan.svg][Image: Original_PacMan.svg]

- Brooklyn Physt , @CptSquall said Aloha to Kelowna and ended up being traded to one of the teams her father never played for, Colorado. According to reports and people close to the star defenseman, Physt was unhappy with the lack of success in Kelowna. It is important to note that the rise of property crime in Kelowna may also be a factor into this trade. With this being Brooklyn's last season in the minors, hopefully Colorado can go over the hump and win the cup.

- Mary Hollywood, @ihatereyson had an eventful off season. During the summer, Mary decided to take a trip to Paris, France after finding a settlement as far from Regina as possible. She was caught smoking in the bathroom. Technically she was caught Vaping in the bathroom, with a trail of popcorn leading to it from her seat. She was taken by the French police to a french prison, full of stale bread and warm wine. While details of her escape have not been made public, we do know that she is banned from Air France, and the taxi driver that she gave a hit of the vape to reported that the flavor was buttery popcorn.

-According to reports out of Yukon, officials are looking for the person or persons who put a fish in a vent above the home team's locker room. The Fish, complete with a receipt and 306 phone number, was decomposing all summer. The fish was found by Center Vyacheslav Shevchenko @Jakesdy when reporting to camp. No one seems to know who may or may not planted the fish. All we know it was a Left Wing from the S73 class.

- The SHL trading card team has news for those trying to collect all the cards, "good luck" According to Ice Level CEO and master card baitor @caltroit_red_flames , "We have 4 cards for every single player who ever played one game in the SHL, from S1 all the way to S77. We are so far ahead that we have S77 HOF cards ready." Rumors of 4 different "Mega Packs" have started to circle the internet. 25 of each type of pack will reportedly be sold. While we do not know the details , we do know the packs are related to the Rarity of cards, and each pack will have 25 cards total. From our understanding the top level cards, (2k ,Awards, Charity, and HOF) will make up 5 of the total 25 cards, with the other 20 cards being random just like any other pack. Reports are that the packs will go on sale for a very limited time, as there will only be 100 of them total.

More information can be found here from a SHL podcast.

--@Citizen of Adraa has a PSA for all those discord users. You are all assumed to be adults, please use periods to end your thoughts. I have it on good authority that COA doesn't like it when you forget to punctuate. So again, please make sure you use ..!? or else?

-Don't forget to check out the top 75 of all time done by @luke in the SHL media section. Luke is posting all month long so you don't have to in an effort to take all the money.

--Last season we saw a lot of teams struggle, but none struggled more than the Saint Lewis ScareCows. James Madison (@waldo) Lead the team with a -25 +/-. The worst +/- in the league last season was a -68 by Cedar Lawson. The Hay-sters have 8 rookies this season to hopefully help stop all the hay-ters...

That's all for the updates for now! Feel free to PM on any Rambles. If you want to be anonymous, please say so in the title! Also feel free to send me any rambles!! Also looking for someone with skills to make a Random Ramblings banner; PM DM or CM me if you have any ideas! Until next time, Good day, good news, good luck this season!!

(1300ish words every letter pressed on a G15 keyboard which is the best keyboard ever made by Logitech and if you try to say otherwise you are a fool.)

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Quote:--Our favorite person we are legally not allowed to call by name, @kahri reported that the party went off without any issues. The Toilet was clogged by @JamesT but luckily @Bayley and @hockeyiscool were able to tag team the plunger duty and clear the clog before james got his shit blocking upto 18.

[Image: 1063664083724947537.gif?size=96&quality=lossless]

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Every discord should have a dedicated kpop channel

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

02-02-2024, 01:47 AMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: -- The poll results ended up being tied, 6 v 6. If I had the power, I'd give 50 TPE to @By-Tor , @ec06aaj , @Fluw , @jaypc8237 ,  @oknom , and @PapaSorin . However, they won't give me that kind of power, so instead feel free to enjoy the fact that you selected correctly.

Pretty sure if we corral enough of the HO best buddy gang we can get this done.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

I’ll be honest here. Turkey gravy is quite the offense for the Detroit crew. We preferred canned chicken gravy with a side of beans. On behalf of Detroit members all around the league we appreciate the change.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

02-02-2024, 09:04 AMRangerjase Wrote: I’ll be honest here. Turkey gravy is quite the offense for the Detroit crew. We preferred canned chicken gravy with a side of beans. On behalf of Detroit members all around the league we appreciate the change.

That gif lives in my nightmares. Bring on some fresh new gravy.

[Image: Skree.gif]

there's no greater sense of dread than seeing you've been tagged in a random ramblings post. i got lucky this time.

02-02-2024, 09:36 AMoknom Wrote: there's no greater sense of dread than seeing you've been tagged in a random ramblings post. i got lucky this time.

Dread? I think you spelled excitement wrong!!

Fake news, the montreal management thought the idea of a kpop channel was absurd and wouldn't give me one. What a great way to welcome your first overall player to your locker room!

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Gimme my 50 TEEPS

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

02-02-2024, 09:04 AMRangerjase Wrote: I’ll be honest here. Turkey gravy is quite the offense for the Detroit crew. We preferred canned chicken gravy with a side of beans. On behalf of Detroit members all around the league we appreciate the change.

For clarity, all of Falcons use both chicken gravy and beans? Heinz beans and swanson gravy?

02-02-2024, 01:13 PMKalakar Wrote: Fake news, the montreal management thought the idea of a kpop channel was absurd and wouldn't give me one. What a great way to welcome your first overall player to your locker room!

That is insane and I will follow up on this next time!

02-02-2024, 02:19 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: For clarity, all of Falcons use both chicken gravy and beans? Heinz beans and swanson gravy?

The beans is what summons the chicken

Falcons

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

02-02-2024, 01:47 AMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: (1300ish words every letter pressed on a G15 keyboard which is the best keyboard ever made by Logitech and if you try to say otherwise you are a fool.)
I hope you get paid for this

[Image: sobchak.png]

02-02-2024, 02:56 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: I hope you get paid for this

for advertising for the greatest keyboard ever made? I do not. Also, fun fact, they are discontinued so you will never find a new one. My last one broke when I was cleaning the keys so I had to buy one on Ebay.