Create Account

S75 PT0: Gebeneezer Boogie Due: Monday, February 12th @ 11:59 PST

Hodor was visited by three ghosts, the ghosts of hockey past, the present, and future. The first ghost showed Hodor his past. Hodor was a happy guy, enjoying the game for the sake of playing hockey and having fun with friends. He especially enjoyed the big bear hugs he was allowed to give during the game. He really started to enjoy the praise he got for blocking shots, though that was just incidental since Hodor is a big guy inherently. The ghost of present showed Hodor from the perspective of his opponents. Hodor looked focused and angry, and you could hardly see the goalie or goal behind him he was so huge. Hodor started barreling toward him and current Hodor flinched. Then it was future's turn. Hodor saw himself so obsessed with blocking shots he'd knock over his own team tp get in the way for a block. He was a miserable machine of puck stoppage. Hodor did not like this and decided to change his ways to be more team focused since playing with friends was how he got into hockey to begin with.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Beau Kavanagh must have eaten a bit too much sugar the night before or perhaps hit is head a bit too hard after the Super Bowl party. Nonetheless this odd dream which sounds eerily similar to that of the Christmas story made Beau think a bit harder about his career thus far and the legacy he will leave behind. Much like his brother Cillian, Beau has always been humble in his rise to the top of the hockey world. That is something that is taught right from the jump when he was just a boy growing up in Southeastern Irleand. While on his rise in the hockey world, Beau has kept a level head no matter how much spotlight was presented - always remembering who he is, what he stands for and where he comes from. Staying humble has been his MO over these past few seasons in the SMJHL. "And that is something I tend to keep with me through my pro career in the SHL" Beau exclaimed. Every time Beau suits up the pads he remembers how he got there and the people that sacrificed so much so Beau may continue to the game he loves.

Word Count: 197

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Marton takes the off-season seriously. Yes, it's always a vacation as he heads back to Germany, but he's always in touch with a couple DEL teams about opportunities to skate and train with them. He's never without a training facility for long and it's actually really nice to get some different techniques and perspectives, just to break him out of his comfort zone.

Obviously he spends a lot of time with family and friends. And he takes advantage of the easy travel around Europe to visit old favorites and check out new gems around Italy, Switzerland, France, etc. The hardest thing is maintaining a healthy diet, as he likes to indulge in all the rich food culture. But he stays in touch with trainers back in Texas and checks in with the DEL guys to make sure he isn't overdoing it. Just means a bit of extra time on the stationary bikes usually.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2024, 12:00 AM by TonyW19. Edited 1 time in total.)

QCC is trying so hard to push Ryland Murphy off of their roster. Ryland is ready to pack his s*** and move out so he's been busy with strength training, and getting back into boxing. He travels to different cities, maintaining a balance of rest, taking in new cultures, trying new cuisines, and hitting up various boxing gyms. His favorite so far is Boxing for Fitness out in LA. Co-Owned by a 5'4" fiery redhead from Dublin, Ireland. She holds nothing back on Ryland as he spars with his favorite personal coach, Joel Freeman. Ryland never asks for a break, asks how hard the work will be...actually, he doesnt really do much talking becuase he's too busy getting knocked around by this insane leprechaun. Ryland is gonna come back looking sharp and ready to get into the trenches with his teammates for his last season ever in the J, even if they can't stand his ass anymore.

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]

Option 2
Of course there are ideal ways a hockey player could live their offseason life but lets be honest here, everyone spends their offseason differently. Sonja for example is the type to work hard while also trying to take care of her body. Her diet and daily routine however are so strick in fact that her sister, Frøya often has to make sure she does not push herself beyond her limits. Of course Sonja is not dumb, she tries to find the right balance and she is very thankful for her sister. This offseason she finally seemed to find the right balance as she spent every 3rd day going to the gym and then to the ice while spending the two in between to try and relax and refresh her body as she felt like in the 2nd half of last season that she was running out of energy. As such she tried not to go overboard with her offseason training.

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]

Timmy Broadchurch appeared to Jerry while he was knee-deep in his nightly moonshine jar. Jerry looks at the jar "Oh shoot too much shine again, huh?"

"Jerry... you've been shooting too much Jerry"

Jerry immediately knew he was right, there is no reason he should be leading the team in shots. It is idiotic. He never learned how to shoot in the first place.

"Jerry... pass the puck more, only assists, no goals!"

Jerry starts crying into his shine, somewhere along the way he lost himself, lost his player identity. He isn't a shooting guy he has never practiced a shot in his life, only passing. He's the pass guy.

"Timmy... how do I fix this, how do I stop shooting?"

"... Just stop shooting, what do you mean how??? You just... pass."

Jerry smiles, how could he have been so stupid... he needs to make a passing motion at other players to pass.

"Thanks Timmy... Sorry you're dead I guess"

Code:
Option 1:

Written Task: One cold and lonely Christmas-break night, your player is visited by the ghost of their mite-hockey coach (who passed away last year in an unfortunate molasses sandwich accident at the age of 96). He warns your player that they have forgotten the right way to play, and lost their faith in the heart of the puck. You will be visited by three spirits over the course of the coming season, who will endeavor to help you get your head back on straight. What is your player's reaction to this apparition? Or was it just a dream?

Jølngüštrâädüvich DuBølk immediately runs away from the affair: he screams, running and tripping trying to get out of the house, and proceeds to commit minor property damage with his car trying to drive away. He's seen too many movies to know that staying in a house with an apparition is probably the worst idea one can have. Fortunately, ghosts like that are not the cursed kind, so all he needs to do is just get away from the house. After finding stability in his housing situation, he decides to burn it to the ground (and collect insurance (totally not fraud)). Since exorcism is a sham, it is probably the best solution, especially since no one would die and he has to use his collection of counterfeit bills somehow (it's a long story).
After completing his plan, he is arrested for insurance fraud, but is acquitted by top Tampa Bay lawyer Micheal Fitted (also head of FHN and decorated battle rapper)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

P1: In my dimly lit room, I freeze as I see the ghostly form of my old mite-hockey coach. It's super weird and kinda scary. Is this a dream or something real?

He starts talking about how I've forgotten how to play and lost faith in the heart of the puck. What's he even saying? I mean, I still love hockey, right?

But now I'm all freaked out and wondering if I've been doing something wrong. What's "the right way to play" anyway? And losing faith in the puck's heart? Sounds like something from a movie!

As the ghost disappears, I'm left feeling spooked but also kinda curious. What's going to happen next? Are there really going to be more ghosts? Guess I'll have to wait and see. Will I get this encounter again ? Was this a one time thing? So neat questions race my mind

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2024, 02:09 AM by efischermann. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: What kind of lifestyle should a hockey player live in the offseason? How can you best strike a balance between recreation and relaxation, and training for the next season? Should you simply spent the first half in the Caribbean and the second half in the gym, or is there some other training regimen you follow? Feel free to tell me what your player happens to do, or to showcase your own expertise in real-world athletic training!

The offseason is all about recharging batteries. That is something that every professional athlete needs. This is when you travel, relax, spend time with family. Basically just do all the shit that you can’t do during the grind of the season. I mean you still need to stay in shape, get to the gym and take care of your body. However the offseason is about taking care of your mind as well. The season can be such a grind and can really wear you down. You need to take the time to recharge and get back at it next season. There needs to be at least 2-3 weeks of relaxation when you don’t even think about hockey or the gym. That is when you regain your love for the game. There needs to be that time otherwise you will go absolutely insane during the season. It is that when it’s the time to start to gear back up and get back into the game.

164 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

I think having a good offseason is very important. It sets the tone for the rest of the season in my opinion. there needs to be a healthy mix of relaxation and training. obviously you need to take some time off of the ice and spend it with friends and family, as the regular season can be draining and you spend a lot of time on the road. but keeping up with your training is crucial and you don't wanna lose a step when you are back on the ice for the regular season. I think you can definitely lean more towards the relaxation side if you win the championship in the playoffs, but otherwise you need to do what you can to prepare yourself to take that next step in the playoffs. Even if you lost by one goal in game seven of the finals, you have work to do. Just dont overdo it is all.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]