Create Account

[2x Team Spotlight]! Why does Carolina hate....
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 09:17 PM by Troy_McClure03. Edited 2 times in total.)

... The Kelowna Knights? I guess I shouldn't say hate them as much as I should say Beat them so much in the postseason.

The History of Carolina starts with the team being the Brandon Blazers. But in those first 3 seasons, they didn't win, so we won't talk about those.

the Brandon Blazers didn't do much (There is a Let's Go Brandon Joke here but I won't get political!) and weren't making much of an Impact, so they did what anyone would do, moved to Montreal and changed to the Impact. From S4 until S27, the Impact made ... an Impact. They won in S7, 12, 13, and 17. Lets see who they beat:
In S7 they beat the Index not Available... well..

Then S12 they beat the Kelowna Knights in a 4 game sweep.

S13 they beat the Kelowna Knights, 4 to 2.

S17 they beat the Firebirds. that doesn't prove my point.

So 2 out of 4 cups so far have been at the hands of the Knights. It is worth noting that the Knigths did win the cup is S11 against the Impact.

So from S27 the Impact decided that name was too punny , and changed to the Montreal Militia. As the Militia, from S28-S49, they won 3 cups. One in 28, and one in 33, and one in 49...

In S28 Index not avaiable . uh crap.

In S33, they beat the Knights again, in a game 7 Victory.

In S49, they again beat the Knights, 4 to 1.

Worth noting that the Knights won the cup in S25 against the Militia, so by my count at least 4 out of 7 came at the hands of the knights. Maybe More!

Militia is a bad name, and Montreal has way too many... people? So they moved again from Canada to Carolina to be the Kraken, a made up Octopus that eats big ships!

Now, from S50 on... We have 2 more cups, one in S50, and one in S54.

S50 they beat the Raptors and S54 they beat the Outlaws, so that puts the count at 4 out of 9, at least.

So what is the deal with that success? Why do they hate them so much. I asked @kahri about it, and she said :

We do? Fish Emoji? Then "Let me get back to you"

Since it is the start of the playoffs and I have IIHF / Award / WJC stuff to do, I will use the follow up later tonight, until then...

Why do the Kraken hate the Knights so much?

According to some it is because "Knights are known for attacking large beasts. It isn't that the Kraken hate the Knights so much, it's that we understand it's either us or them and we choose us." According to Kahri it is because they have a certain player on their team, who I will not name here."

Thank you all for reading. Until next time this was fun.

(500ish, All set for grading thanks)

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

"Arty is asshole, why sve7en hate?

"because Arty is a bastard man!"

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]